Upcoming IdeaLab Events: IEG Proposal Clinics
- How did you get access to it?
- Why did you use it? You know GlobalCssJs might be deployed soon, making this a waste of effort.
- If you have a copy of the script I would appreciate it if you delete it, although it is under CC-BY-SA so I cannot force you to.
- If that is so private, this doesn't seem like a proper place to talk about it.
- Deleted. --Zhuyifei1999 (talk) 12:45, 15 April 2014 (UTC)
- Did an admin give you the content of the page? I'm also somewhat upset that you linked to my script in the page text. I know that's the default but the whole reason I deleted the script was because I don't want to be blamed for stuff like this. PiRSquared17 (talk) 18:54, 17 April 2014 (UTC)
Superprotect letter update
Along with more hundreds of others, you recently signed Letter to Wikimedia Foundation: Superprotect and Media Viewer, which I wrote.
Today, we have 562 signatures here on Meta, and another 61 on change.org, for a total of 623 signatures. Volunteers have fully translated it into 16 languages, and begun other translations. This far exceeds my most optimistic hopes about how many might sign the letter -- I would have been pleased to gain 200 siguatures -- but new signatures continue to come.
I believe this is a significant moment for Wikimedia and Wikipedia. Very rarely have I seen large numbers of people from multiple language and project communities speak with a unified voice. As I understand it, we are unified in a desire for the Wikimedia Foundation to respect -- in actions, in addition to words -- the will of the community who has built the Wikimedia projects for the benefit of all humanity. I strongly believe it is possible to innovate and improve our software tools, together with the Wikimedia Foundation. But substantial changes are necessary in order for us to work together smoothly and productively. I believe this letter identifies important actions that will strongly support those changes.
Have you been discussing these issues in your local community? If so, I think we would all appreciate an update (on the letter's talk page) about how those discussions have gone, and what people are saying. If not, please be bold and start a discussoin on your Village Pump, or in any other venue your project uses -- and then leave a summary of what kind of response you get on the letter's talk page.
Finally, what do you think is the right time, and the right way, to deliver this letter? We could set a date, or establish a threshold of signatures. I have some ideas, but am open to suggestions.
- Sure, I'll file a request on ur:ویکیپیڈیا:درخواست_برائے_اختیارات_روبہ later. Note that my bot won't add interwikis to Wikidata, just remove them locally if they are already on Wikidata. --Zhuyifei1999 (talk) 17:59, 6 August 2015 (UTC)
Where in Wikidata the information that this translation is a 1937 work can be added?
The current Wikidata interwiki model is not suitable for Wikisource and another concept is being disputed AFAIK. Most translations should have their own Wikidata entries. Please do not move interwiki into wrong Wikidata entries. Ankry (talk) 10:16, 11 August 2015 (UTC)
- @Ankry: Do you mean s:pl:Album (1937) is not referring to the same thing as s:cs:Album & s:en:The Album? Also my bot does not move anything to wikidata, what it see is that the local interlanguage links are redundant --Zhuyifei1999 (talk) 10:35, 11 August 2015 (UTC)
- Not exactly. I mean that there are at least two different Polish translations of this text: s:pl:Album (1937) and s:pl:Album (1926) and they both need to be linked in some way to d:Q3201687 (probably should be moved to separate Wikidata entries and then linked via another interwiki-like mechanism; so s:pl:Album (1937) will likely disappear from its current location in d:Q3201687). But if you do not move links to wikidata, it is OK. Ankry (talk) 08:49, 13 August 2015 (UTC)
- And note, that s:pl:Album disambig is intended as disambiguation page of all texts with this title, not only Chekhov's ones. So linking to this disambig is risky and likely to become incorrect in future. Ankry (talk) 08:54, 13 August 2015 (UTC)
- @Ankry: Right, multiple translations seem to be a problem for wikidata. How do you handle those with old interlanguage links (i.e How do you make other wikisources link to both of your translations)? --Zhuyifei1999 (talk) 10:13, 13 August 2015 (UTC)
Thank you! A gift from fellow Wikipedians
You have been nominated to receive a free t-shirt from the Wikimedia Foundation through our Merchandise Giveaway program (https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Merchandise_giveaways). Congratulations and thank you for your hard work!
Please email us at email@example.com and we will send you full details on how to accept your free shirt.
Hi :) Wikidata has just added support for links to Wikispecies, Meta-Wiki and Mediawiki.org. Will your bot automatically start removing the redundant interwiki links from pages on those sites? If not, would it be possible to add support for them? Wikispecies in particular should have quite a lot. - Nikki (talk) 01:37, 23 October 2015 (UTC)
- Right now it fetches the list of wikis to operate on from Special:WikiSets/2, so only Meta-Wiki will be autommatically started when pywikibot is updated to support it. The other two require local approval probably. I'll look into it when I have more time. --Zhuyifei1999 (talk) 03:16, 23 October 2015 (UTC)
YiFeiBot in Wikispecies
Hello Zhuyifei1999. Please see the Wikispecies Village Pump discussion about "Mystery tracking category" regarding YiFeiBot's behaviour in Wikispecies. Best regards, Tommy Kronkvist (talk), 12:46, 28 October 2016 (UTC).
Presenting Community Engagement Insights survey report: Tuesday, October 10, 1600 UTC
We will be hosting a public event online to present the data, a few examples on how teams will be using it for annual planning, and what are next steps for this project. The event will take place on Tuesday, October 10, at 9:00 am PST (1600 UTC), and the presentation will be in English. You can watch the livestream here, and ask question via IRC on #wikimedia-office.
We hope to have you join us online! -- María Cruz 23:28, 2 October 2017 (UTC)
- Update your subscription to these messages by clicking here.
Hello tech ambassador! This month has seen a good influx of new faces in this crew \o/ , so it is time to reactivate our conversations. Now that we have a pretty good coverage of so many different projects, here are some topics for your consideration.
- Are there further thoughts on the role itself? I hope the questions available on Meta can help spark them. Please weigh in at Talk:Tech/Ambassadors/List#Tech ambassadors, take 2.
- How about we try and organise future collective work in a Phabricator workboard? Talk:Tech/Ambassadors/List#A Phab workboard for us? has all the details to explore this proposal.
- Finally, you are also welcome to comment at https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T177923, should you happen to have suggestions for the Community Liaisons team, currently wondering how to measure "Wiki projects requesting beta features and other early deployments".
Getting started on Phabricator
As recently discussed within this group, we are ready to experiment with setting up a project and its related workboard on Phabricator, the platform used in the Wikimedia movement for project management, software bug reporting and feature requests. It will help us coordinate and cooperate better on projects that should require ambassadors' involvement.
For the time being, I'm just asking that you please add your Phabricator nickname next to your name in the ambassadors' table (you can create an account now if you don't have one already). I will send you further information soon! Thanks for your patience as we get to the operational stage of this effort :) Best, --Elitre (WMF) (talk) 14:48, 16 January 2018 (UTC)
YiFeiBot in arwiki
Hello. I've notice that your bot work in Arabic Wikipedia without bot flag, please request a bot flag in there to make sure that your bot work without problems. Thanks.--ASammour (talk) 08:43, 6 April 2018 (UTC)
- @ASammour:. It's operating under Bot_policy#Global_bots. Is it not acceptable? --Zhuyifei1999 (talk) 14:18, 6 April 2018 (UTC)
New Tech Ambassadors Phabricator board
You have listed yourself as an active Tech Ambassador, thank you for that!
We have recently set up a board on Phabricator so that you can learn about tasks and updates that are potentially interesting for your community, and take action when necessary. During the pilot phase we are currently in, to avoid confusion, only Wikimedia Foundation's Community Liaisons will mark tasks so that they end up in the various columns. Thanks for your understanding!
Please follow this Phabricator board (learn how to). You'll receive "notifications" for updates in all tasks listed there. In case you choose to receive them as email; we currently expect the volume to be fairly low, but in any case you can learn how to manage it.
If you have any feedback about this board, please leave your questions and comments on the Ambassadors talk page.