User talk:White Demon
No. "Don't have to be" means, "it is not necessary to be only about geography". Because many people confused and think only geography article counts. So I make a statement that all topics are count, not only geography.--AddisWang (talk) 11:15, 30 October 2015 (UTC)
- So they can create articles about cities, villages, lakes, rivers and etc.--AddisWang (talk) 11:16, 30 October 2015 (UTC)
Hi, when I use WAA tool for AzWiki I see that when size of article is less than 3500 number is red (in picture) . But I stated there that I reduced the standard from 3500 bytes and 300 words to 3000 bytes and 250 words on AzWiki.--Serk@nl@nd 15:13, 2 November 2015 (UTC)
- @Serkanland: Hi, thanks for the report. Do note that the colors are meant to be just informative (reflecting the "standard rule") and not to be relied on. I've just added the custom byte size & word count rules into account in the tool. Check it out! Kenrick95 (talk) 16:01, 2 November 2015 (UTC)
- Thank you!--Serk@nl@nd 16:15, 2 November 2015 (UTC)
That is actually a trick question. As we want to have some competition over the title, to make it kind of valuable. Maybe let's keep it in only one Ambassador, and maybe have another discussion at the end of the event whether we can have a second Ambassador on AzWp? Does this idea make sense?--AddisWang (talk) 18:15, 25 November 2015 (UTC)
- You can send the message. I will send message for some Wikipedia which has large number of participants. Since we can use mass message to send this to hundreds of people. But not necessary for 10 or 20 participants. It depends on if you want to send it.--AddisWang (talk) 18:20, 25 November 2015 (UTC)
Fountain (WAM Tool) Translation
Hi White Demon, thanks for organising the WAM in Azerbaijani Wikipedia this year! I've noticed your translation of the WAM tool is a little problematic: 1) You don't have to translate the word 'English' to Azerbaijani, you need to provide the name of your language to show here. 2) 'The editathon will start XXX' and 'The editathon will end XXX' are both translated as 'Müsabiqə XXX başlayacaq', is it right? 3) Does the word 'symbol' have a plural form? You have translated both 'xxx symbol' and 'xxx symbols' as 'XXX simvol', is it correct? It means that Fountain (the WAM tool) will show '165 simvol' in Azerbaijani, is that right? Le Loy 02:51, 6 November 2016 (UTC)
- Hi Le Loy. I fixed the mistakes. But "'xxx symbol' and 'xxx symbols' as 'XXX simvol', is it correct?", yeah it is correct. In Azerbaijani language noun doesn't receive plural form after numeral. Example, in English - "one car", in Azerbaijani - "bir maşın". But in English - "two cars", in Azerbaijani again in singular - "iki maşın".--White DemΩn (el psy congroo) 08:21, 6 November 2016 (UTC)
- Hi again, I found another issue: in your translation there would be a window that looks like this: http://i.imgur.com/juiQbRW.png It will make it hard for users to understand which button does what. Could you please correct it? The corresponding lines are 1) User hasn't pressed the Save button, 2) Yes, I agree, 3) Cancel. Le Loy 00:08, 19 November 2016 (UTC)
Tenth prize in the Connected Open Heritage Challenge
Congratulations to the 10th place in the COH Challenge! Well done and thank you! To thank you for your contribution and recognize your effort, we will send you a series of Wikimedia Sverige and Wikipedia SWAG.
We hope you appreciated participating in the contest. We may organize similar contests in the future, and if you have any input you would like to share with us, please tell us in an email to eric.luthwikimedia.se.