User talk:White Demon
No. "Don't have to be" means, "it is not necessary to be only about geography". Because many people confused and think only geography article counts. So I make a statement that all topics are count, not only geography.--AddisWang (talk) 11:15, 30 October 2015 (UTC)
- So they can create articles about cities, villages, lakes, rivers and etc.--AddisWang (talk) 11:16, 30 October 2015 (UTC)
Hi, when I use WAA tool for AzWiki I see that when size of article is less than 3500 number is red (in picture) . But I stated there that I reduced the standard from 3500 bytes and 300 words to 3000 bytes and 250 words on AzWiki.--Serk@nl@nd 15:13, 2 November 2015 (UTC)
- @Serkanland: Hi, thanks for the report. Do note that the colors are meant to be just informative (reflecting the "standard rule") and not to be relied on. I've just added the custom byte size & word count rules into account in the tool. Check it out! Kenrick95 (talk) 16:01, 2 November 2015 (UTC)
- Thank you!--Serk@nl@nd 16:15, 2 November 2015 (UTC)
That is actually a trick question. As we want to have some competition over the title, to make it kind of valuable. Maybe let's keep it in only one Ambassador, and maybe have another discussion at the end of the event whether we can have a second Ambassador on AzWp? Does this idea make sense?--AddisWang (talk) 18:15, 25 November 2015 (UTC)
- You can send the message. I will send message for some Wikipedia which has large number of participants. Since we can use mass message to send this to hundreds of people. But not necessary for 10 or 20 participants. It depends on if you want to send it.--AddisWang (talk) 18:20, 25 November 2015 (UTC)
Fountain (WAM Tool) Translation
Hi White Demon, thanks for organising the WAM in Azerbaijani Wikipedia this year! I've noticed your translation of the WAM tool is a little problematic: 1) You don't have to translate the word 'English' to Azerbaijani, you need to provide the name of your language to show here. 2) 'The editathon will start XXX' and 'The editathon will end XXX' are both translated as 'Müsabiqə XXX başlayacaq', is it right? 3) Does the word 'symbol' have a plural form? You have translated both 'xxx symbol' and 'xxx symbols' as 'XXX simvol', is it correct? It means that Fountain (the WAM tool) will show '165 simvol' in Azerbaijani, is that right? Le Loy 02:51, 6 November 2016 (UTC)
- Hi Le Loy. I fixed the mistakes. But "'xxx symbol' and 'xxx symbols' as 'XXX simvol', is it correct?", yeah it is correct. In Azerbaijani language noun doesn't receive plural form after numeral. Example, in English - "one car", in Azerbaijani - "bir maşın". But in English - "two cars", in Azerbaijani again in singular - "iki maşın".--White DemΩn (el psy congroo) 08:21, 6 November 2016 (UTC)
- Hi again, I found another issue: in your translation there would be a window that looks like this: http://i.imgur.com/juiQbRW.png It will make it hard for users to understand which button does what. Could you please correct it? The corresponding lines are 1) User hasn't pressed the Save button, 2) Yes, I agree, 3) Cancel. Le Loy 00:08, 19 November 2016 (UTC)
Tenth prize in the Connected Open Heritage Challenge
Congratulations to the 10th place in the COH Challenge! Well done and thank you! To thank you for your contribution and recognize your effort, we will send you a series of Wikimedia Sverige and Wikipedia SWAG.
We hope you appreciated participating in the contest. We may organize similar contests in the future, and if you have any input you would like to share with us, please tell us in an email to eric.luthwikimedia.se.
Wikipedia Asian Month 2017 officially starts!
Dear WAM organizer,
I’m Erick Guan, the coordinator of WAM 2017. Welcome to Wikipedia Asian Month 2017. Here is some information about organizations of events at a national level.
The event lasts a month for the participants. As of the beginning of the event, please:
- Invite previous participants to join. We have a template you may want to use.
- Setup your WAM page in your local wikiproject if you haven’t done that.
- Link your WAM page at Wikipedia Asian Month 2017. It’s important for others to understand and connect to your community! Remove the X when you done that. WAM is organized at national level. So I have to ask you to put your country in front of your name if you haven’t done that.
- Publish a notification about WAM in site notice as well as village pump. Go public!
- Connect with us. Generally send me an email so that we can reach you for future information!
- Become the jury member in a campaign on Fountain which is an amazing tool for you to supervise participants’ articles. If you don’t have the campaign set up, please contact us! And put a link to your community’s campaign page for participants’ navigation.
- Organize a off-site editathon event. A coffee bar, internet and laptops. Though it’s optional. If you want to do that, please contact me.
In the following days, you should answer the questions from your community and supervise the submissions. Hope you have fun!
Have some interesting articles in your mind or from community? Drop us a line so that we can exchange the information to other communities.