User talk:Harvinder Chandigarh
WikiConference India 2016 updates
Thanks for signing up as a volunteer for WikiConference India 2016 (WCI 2016). Here are some updates regarding the event:
- WCI 2016 will take place on 5th, 6th, and 7th of August 2016 at Chandigarh Group of Colleges, Landran (Mohali). Please save these dates. We will open conference registration soon.
- PEG request for WCI 2016 has been approved. We appreciate WMF PEG team's support and decision in facilitating this. We thank all community members who endorsed and contributed to this initiative. We are excited and look forward to an intensive month planning and executing WCI 2016.
- Phase 1 filtering of scholarship applications has been done. Among 450+ applications, 200+ applications have been shortlisted for final review. We are expecting to announce the results by July first week.
- WCI 2016 Call for Participation is open now. Please submit your proposals for paper presentations, lightning talks, and workshops.
- Please take WCI 2016 Program Survey and help us design the conference based on community's needs.
- Please initiate and participate in the Punjab edit-a-thon. It is a gift from all Indian language communities for the Punjabi community which is hosting the conference. The community that adds most number of bytes or words will be awarded a trophy.
- Please review our conference Code of Conduct.
- Please place any feedback regarding the event at the meta talk page. You can also join us for the weekly IRC sessions we hold every Wednesday and Saturday at 2130 IST at #wikiconferenceindia channel. You may also find frequent updates through our Facebook group and mailing list.
WCI 2016 Team.
P.S. If you wish to stop receiving such updates, please remove your name here.
New community space for IdeaLab on Connect
Hi folks. If you're receiving this message, you've contributed to IdeaLab or an Inspire Campaign this year. Thanks for participating to develop ideas and review ones from other Wikimedians.
We are preparing some changes to IdeaLab and Inspire Campaigns. One of these changes is a new community space on Connect, where Wikimedians can find each other based on common activities or skills, and ask questions about the space. You are invited to join this community space for IdeaLab, especially if you would ever consider needing to find contributors with certain skills (like design or project management) or would like to offer your skills to others in our movement. To join, please proceed to Connect/IdeaLab and click on the "Add yourself" button on the right. Thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) 19:53, 21 June 2018 (UTC)
Do you have an idea about how to measure the health of your community? Do you want to review ideas that others have submitted? Through August 10th, we are inviting ideas on how to capture the well-being of Wikimedia communities, in terms of matters like conflict resolution, effective content creation, and being able to contribute in a collaborative environment. Ideas can be focused on either quantitative techniques, such as gathering raw data, or qualitative techniques, like surveying contributors. If you are submitting an idea, guidance is available for how to move your idea into implementation, such as through a grant or starting a Phabricator task to engage with developers.
Invitation to affiliate members to complete a survey about WMF wide Universal Code of Conduct
Hello; My name is Mervat, and I am helping the Trust and Safety team to reach out to affiliates in order to discuss the Universal Code of Conduct.
There has been talks about the need for a global set of conduct rules in different communities over time, and finally, Wikimedia Foundation Board announced a Community Culture Statement, enacting new standards to address harassment and promote inclusivity across projects.Since the universal code of conduct that will be a binding minimum set of standards across all Wikimedia projects, will apply to all of us, staff and volunteers alike, all around the globe, and will impact our work as groups, individuals and projects, it’s of great importance that we all participate in expressing our opinions and thoughts about UCoC, its nature, what we think it should cover or include and what it shouldn’t include; how it may develop, drawback or help our groups. This is the time to talk about it. As you are a valuable contributor to the Wikimedia movement, your voice counts.
Before starting to draft the code of conduct, we would like to hear from you; We invite you to devote some minutes to take this survey; your answers will help us create a safer environment for all on Wikimedia:
It’s possible that you are a member of more than one affiliate; hence you may receive this survey more than once, and you may have participated previously in the discussions or filled out a previous survey during the first round of consultations about UCoC which targeted wikipedia/wikimedia communities. We apologize for this; it is really difficult to identify if a wikimedian belongs to multiple groups that work to spread free knowledge.
Looking forward to your thoughts and opinions and hoping that you can respond within the next 2 weeks. If you have any questions about the surveys or difficulties accessing the link, please contact me by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Results will be considered during the drafting process for the UCoC.
Thank you for your participation
Invitation to complete a survey regarding WPWP Campaign
Hello Harvinder Chandigarh,
Many thanks for participating in the WPWP campaign.
We are excited about the level of participation, this year and we are happy to inform you that over 90,000 articles were improved with photos in 272 languages Wikipedia.
We'd love to get your feedback. Your feedback will allow us to better meet your expectations for the campaign in the next editions.
Please complete a brief survey so that we may learn about your participation in the campaign, strengths, challenges and your expectations. This information will enable us to improve the next editions of the Campaign.
Follow this link to the Survey:
Or copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser:
Global Conversations registration reminder
Hi Harvinder Chandigarh,
This is a reminder that if you have not yet registered for the Global Conversations on Nov. 21 and 22, please do so! Register here. Registration closes by Nov. 20. We will email you the login information for Zoom prior to the call. Thank you. Looking forward to welcoming you this weekend.
Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 Program Schedule: You are invited 🙏
Hope this message finds you well. Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 will take place from 19 to 21 February 2021 (Friday to Sunday). Here is some quick important information:
- A tentative schedule of the program is published and you may see it here. There are sessions on different topics such as Wikimedia Strategy, Growth, Technical, etc. You might be interested to have a look at the schedule.
- The program will take place on Zoom and the sessions will be recorded.
- If you have not registered as a participant yet, please register yourself to get an invitation, The last date to register is 16 February 2021.
- Kindly share this information with your friends who might like to attend the sessions.
On behalf of Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 Team
Invitation to participate in Universal Code of Conduct survey - WikiWomen's User Group
(You are receiving this message as you signed your interest to participate as part of the WikiWomen's User Group)
Hello, my name is Mervat Salman, a UCoC Facilitator, Trust and Safety team.
As you know, the WMF Board of Trustees ratified the Universal Code of Conduct early in February. That's the beginning; the policy itself cannot be used if the enforcement pathways are not defined. The implementation and enforcement of the UCoC requires the continuous cooperation to define clear definitions of enforcement pathways and processes. This needs to be done in a way that does not contradict with the internal bylaws and codes of conduct currently in place, but rather to support them and complement their deficiencies, if any.
In this phase of the process, we would like to invite you to share your ideas, thoughts and concerns about the UCoC implementation, reporting and enforcement pathways using this survey:
Notice: This survey will be conducted via a third-party service, which may subject it to additional terms. For more information on privacy and data-handling, see the survey privacy statement <https://foundation.wikimedia.org/wiki/UCoC_Affiliates_Survey_Privacy_Statement>.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com.
Mervat (WMF) 17:00, 9 April 2021 (UTC)
Hello Harvinder Chandigarh,
Many thanks for participating in the maiden edition of Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos in 2020.
We are glad to inform you that the 2021 edition starts today (1st of July). You are invited to participate in the campaign again this year to help improve the quality of Wikipedia articles with photos. For more information, please visit the campaign page here.
If you have any questions or query please feel free to contact anyone from the Organizing Team of WPWP Campaign.
Hello, Hope your doing well. Actually I came across a meta page that was related to Kashmiri Wikipedia promotion and you have shown interest in it. I am a contributor at Kashmiri wikipedia, I will be really interested if you can organise an event so that we can promote Kashmiri Wikipedia. Kindly let me know if you are can organise such an event. Thankyou. اِفلاق (talk) 15:45, 1 February 2022 (UTC)
- yes of course we can think of it mutually and it is very much required also because Kashmiri language has much marginalized status on Wikipedia .Pl contact me at 9779089450. Regard Harvinder Chandigarh (talk) 20:55, 22 February 2022 (UTC)
Hello! Thanks for being a member of Wikimedians for Sustainable Development. We recently did a poll and understood that our newsletter was quite unknown. This is therefore a one-time invitation for all our members to sign up for our monthly newsletter. Best regards, ♥Ainali talkcontributions 14:28, 28 December 2022 (UTC)