Talk:CIS-A2K/Requests

From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Contents

Request for Funding of Tulu Wikipedia Anniversary Program and editathons at Mangaluru

Tulu Wikipedia became live on 6th August 2016. It was announced by Ms. Katherine Maher, Executive Director of WMF at Wiki Conference India 2016 Program at Chandigarh. Karavali Wikimedians User group will be organising a 2-days program to celebrate the First Anniversary of Tulu Wikipedia on 26th and 27th August 2017 at Sri Ramakrishna Pre-University College Mangaluru, Karnataka, India. As the part of this program we are also arranging an editathon to add articles to Tulu and Kannada Wikipedias. During these days, we also will be collaborating with WikiWomen Mangaluru while they also will be editing Tulu and Kannada Wikipedias. The main event will be a program to celebrate the first anniversary of Tulu Wikipedia. Karavali Wikimedians User Group have taken initiative to setup a library of reference books for Wikipedians to refer and use the material to enhance article in Wikipedia. This library is ready now and will be inaugurated on the same day as the first anniversary celebration program of Tulu Wikipedia.We request CIS to sponsor these programs by granting the amount mentioned below. This kind gesture will be beneficial in strengthening the community.

Event Details

Editathon

  • Dates : Aug 26 & 27, 2017
  • Time: 10:00 to 17:00
  • Venue: Shri Ramakrishna PU College, Bunts Hostel, Mangaluru
  • Expected participants : 25

Anniversary Program

  • Date:Aug 27, 2017
  • Time: 15:00 to 17:00
  • Venue: Shri Ramakrishna PU College, Bunts Hostel, Mangaluru
  • Expected participants : 100
  • Inauguration of the library will be done during this program

Programme Leads

Links

  1. Karavali Wikimedians
  2. Tulu Wikipedia
  3. Kannada Wikipedia

Goal

To create new articles and enhance existing articles

Budget

Total funding needed = Rs.42,600

Proposed Budget
Item Details Nos Cost (in INR) Description
Accommodation 2 INR9,000 2 Persons 2 days accommodation
Transport 1000 * 4 INR4,000 2 persons travel
Local Transport & Food 750 * 4 INR3,000 Local Travel & Food for 2 persons for 2 days
Food 25 INR15,000 Lunch and Snacks for Participants per head INR.300 per day
High Tea(Snacks) 100 INR10,000 for participants for anniversary program
Banners 2 INR600 per banner INR.300
Certificate 60 INR600 per Certificate INR.10, mainly for students and teaching faculty
Stickers 10 INR400 per sticker Sheet INR.40
Grand Total Rs.42,600

Endorsements

Discussion

  • Thanks for letting us know about this initiative. a) Please provide some details about the travels. b) please also provide some more details about the planned events and activities. If an agenda or a schedule is available, please direct us to it. Thanks. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 13:05, 7 August 2017 (UTC)
  • Hello, thanks for submitting this request. I forwarded this to A2K team and got the team's suggestions. A2K suggests you to apply for a Rapid grant for this event. Please let us know if you need help or if you have questions. Thanks and regards. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 17:45, 7 August 2017 (UTC)
We (Karavali Wikimedians User Group) have already initiated the process of applying for Simple Annual Plan Grant. We are hoping get some grant under this. Applying now for a Rapid Grant may jeopardize that effort. This might be the last time we (Karavali Wikimedians User Group) requesting for a sponsorship. Hence I suggest CIS-A2K to consider sponsoring this event.--Pavanaja (talk) 18:41, 7 August 2017 (UTC)
  • Thanks for your suggestion sir. I'll forward the message to CIS-A2K. Regards. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 06:29, 9 August 2017 (UTC)
As per your suggestion we have applied for Rapid Grant here. Please endorse this.--Pavanaja (talk) 22:56, 9 August 2017 (UTC)
  • Thanks for applying for a rapid grant. We'll watch the page. Regards. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 04:47, 10 August 2017 (UTC)
  • Many congratulations on getting the Rapid grant. We are happy that this worked really well. Please let us know if you think we can provide support in any step or in future. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 04:16, 18 August 2017 (UTC)

11-12 नवम्बर 2017 ,हिन्दी विकिपीडिया तकनिकी कार्यशाला ,जयपुर

हिन्दी विकिपीडिया पर पहली बार तकनिकी कार्यशाला का आयोजन 11 और 12 नवम्बर 2017 को जयपुर, राजस्थान में किया जा रहा है जिसमें कई सदस्य शामिल होंगे । इस कार्यशाला में मैं भी शामिल होने की इच्छा रखता हूँ क्योंकि मैं विकिपीडिया पर जनवरी 2015 से हूँ लेकिन इसमें तकनिकी के बारे में काफी कम ज्ञान ही है जिसे सीखने की जरूरत है ताकि मैं आगे विकिपीडिया पर और अच्छा योगदान दे सकूं। लेकिन इस कार्यशाला के लिए समय की कमी के कारण रैपिड ग्रांट ही लेनी पड़ रही है इसलिए किसी को हवाई यात्रा के लिए खर्चा देना असमर्थ ही है । मैं पुणे हूँ और कार्यशाला जयपुर है अगर रेल या बस से जाऊँगा तो 23 से 24 घंटे लग जाते है ,इसलिये CIS से हवाई यात्रा के लिए अनुदान की इच्छा करता हूँ। हिन्दी विकिपीडियनों की सर्व सम्मति आप यहाँ देख सकते है।--Raju Jangid (talk) 04:35, 25 September 2017 (UTC)

  • Thanks for letting us know about this request, and sorry for delay in reply. The team was quite busy with annual report etc. Congrats on getting the rapid grant. We have 2 questions: a) are you going to participate here as a participant, or you will play other roles such as co-ordinator, resource person etc (if so, please provide details)? b) please let us know how do you plan to share your learning from this event with other Wikimedians? Thanks. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 13:13, 30 September 2017 (UTC)
Yes I am a participant in this workshop. I have a desire to learn technical work in this workshop. I will create my report and a blog in Hindi as wel for this workshop.--Raju Jangid (talk) 03:10, 1 October 2017 (UTC)
    • Hi, we got in touch with Suyash of Hindi Wikipedia, who is also a primary co-ordinator of this event. We informed them about the request. Note: the event organizers have agreed to pay you for 3 tier AC train fare, the extra money which is to be paid, will be given by CIS. Following these observations, this request is Approved Approved. We'll contact you over email to get your travel details, and book your flight tickets. Regards. --Tito (CIS-A2K) (talk) 10:33, 12 October 2017 (UTC)
  • Thanks for support -- Suyash Dwivedi (talk) 11:31, 12 October 2017 (UTC)

तूर्यनाद कार्यक्रम भोपाल में वर्कशॉप हेतु सहयोग

राजभाषा कार्यान्वयन समिति, मौलाना आज़ाद राष्ट्रीय प्रौद्योगिकी संस्थान, भोपाल द्वारा 27-29 अक्टूबर 2017 आयोजित कार्यक्रम 'तूर्यनाद' (http://tooryanaad.in/) में हिन्दी विकिपीडिया की एक 3 दिवसीय कार्यशाला आयोजित की जा रही है जिसमे लगभग 30 प्रतिभागी होंगे। इस हेतु हमें कुछ बजट और टी शर्ट की आवश्यकता है. इस कार्यक्रम हेतु चौपाल पर भी चर्चा की जा चुकी है इसे यहाँ देखें इस कार्यशाला हेतु हमें इस प्रकार सहायता की आवश्यकता है.

Serial Number Type of Expense Amount
1 Printing flex and stationary 2,700 /-
2 Certificate for participants (30x15) 450 /-
3 Refreshments for participants (70X30X3) and Resource persons and volunteers for 3 days (200X5X3) 9,300 /-
4 Communication 1,000 /-
5 Travel Expenses for Senior Hindi Wikipedian 3,500 /-
6 3 Days Stay for Senior Hindi Wikipedian 4,500 /-
7 Local Transport 2,000 /-
8 Hindi wikipedia pamphlets 2000 Nos ~8,000 /-
9 Miscellaneous 1,000 /-
Total 32,450 /-

स्वैग : हमें कार्यक्रम में रिसोर्स पर्सन तथा चयनित उल्लेखनीय प्रतिभागियों हेतु 15 टी-शर्ट तथा स्टिकर्स की भी आवश्यकता है, 50 से अधिक प्रतिभगियों में से टी-शर्ट केवल उल्लेखनीय (outstanding) प्रतिभागियों को ही दी जाएगी। -- Suyash Dwivedi (talk)

  • Suyash Ji, thanks for letting us know about this interesting project (please sign your post). Thanks for planning this project. CIS-A2K would love to support the event, however, please note:
  1. CIS-A2K won't support "Printing flex and stationary"
  2. According to our procedures T-shirts are awarded to editors only after remarkable works (such as 100wikidays completion, 6 months' of editing, 100 articles creation). It is unclear from your post how the T-shirts would be distributed, hence the support may not be provided.
  3. The Hindi Wikipedia pamphlet printing (2,000 units), it looks like a movement resource for the project which you need to use in future also, and tracking of usage and utilization can be done separately. We suggest to post a separate request for the item.
  4. All other items look fine. The amount spent for the event in the mentioned item lines will be reimbursed to you, after submission of original bills, and event reports.
Following these observations, the request is Approved Approved -- Tito Dutta (talk) 13:01, 16 October 2017 (UTC)
Dear Tito, Thanks for Support.First of all sorry, I forgot to sign post, and for late reply due to my busy schedule.
  • I can understand T-shirts related policy, but can we have 5 T-shirts for 3 Resource persons and 2 volunteers (active Wikipedian).
  • Regarding pamphlet printing we will discuss with the community and may ask for a separate budget as suggested by you.

Thanks Again --Suyash Dwivedi (talk) 09:01, 20 October 2017 (UTC)

  • Hello thanks for your reply. Giving Tshirts to the best and most active Wikimedians is a good idea. We are not quite sure about the resource persons. If you consider the resource persons as active and experienced Wikimedians as well, you can give them Tshirts. Following these observations, this request is Approved Approved and 5 T-shirts will be sent to you. I'll contact you personally to get details about shipping etc.. Thanks and all the best. --Tito (CIS-A2K) (talk) 06:25, 23 October 2017 (UTC)
Thanx for support We required XL(2 Nos),L(2 Nos),M(S if available 1Nos) and yes resource persons are active and experienced Wikimedians -- Suyash Dwivedi (talk) 09:18, 23 October 2017 (UTC)

विवरणिका मुद्रण में आर्थिक सहायता

अनुमानित व्यय

नमस्ते, यहाँ संस्कृतविकिपीडिया समुदाय के सम्मुख निम्न विवरणिकाओं के मुद्रण की चर्चा की थी।

इस विवरणिकाओं के मुद्रण के लिये अनुमानित व्यय को भी यहाँ चित्र में देखें। मुद्रण संस्था के अनुसार अधिक प्रति के लिये न्यून व्यय होगा। वैसे आवश्यकता 3000 प्रतिओं की है। परन्तु 5000 करवाने से अधिक वर्ष पर्यन्त चल सकता है। यदि इस में अन्य विवरण की आवश्यकता हो, तो कृपया मेरा मार्गदर्शन करें। अस्तु। NehalDaveND (talk) 11:16, 13 November 2017 (UTC)

  • Thanks Nehal for planning and proposing this. a) The Village pump post you have mentioned does not have discussion other than your main post, let me know if I am missing something. b) please present a better budget in this format
Serial number Name of book Per unit cost Total unit requested Total amount
Example Example Example Example Example
Example Example Example Example Example
Example Example Example Example Example
Total Example Example Example Total amount

c) please also describe distribution strategy of these resources. Feel free to ask question. Regards. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 13:52, 13 November 2017 (UTC) - Tito Dutta (talk) 13:52, 13 November 2017 (UTC)

Namaste Tito Dutta!
  • At this time other Admins and users are not much active in sa.wikipedia. But they are coming time to time. I hope they have seen that. As per the discussion concern, they should have put some reply for विवरणिका and I was waiting for that only, thus I have put this request here late.
  • here is the format.
Serial number Name of book Per unit cost Total unit requested Total amount
1 पुस्तकदन्तकः 33 3000 99,000
2 सार्वजनिकस्य विवरणिका 28 3000 84,000
3 लेखानां गुणवत्तायाः मूल्याङ्कनम् 15 3000 45000
Total 2,28,000
  • उपयोगिकता

प्रतिवर्ष सम्पूर्ण भारतं विभिन्न विश्वविद्यालयो में संस्कृतविकिपीडिया की परिचयात्मिका और प्रयोगात्मिका कार्यशाला होती हैं। उन कार्यशालाओं में उपस्थित प्रतिभागियों के ज्ञानवर्धन और सहायकसाहित्य की पूर्ति के लिये इस विवरणिका का मुद्रण आवश्यक है।

  • सम्प्रति अखिल भारत में कहीँ भी संस्कृत विश्वविद्यालय में शैक्षणिक प्रकल्प की उपस्थिति नहीं है। शैक्षणिक कार्यक्रम का अर्थ यहाँ विकिपीडिया के साथ विश्वविद्यालय का स्वैच्छिक सहयोग का निर्धारण (MOU) है। उसके लिये बहुत बार प्रयास हुए और हो रहे हैं। परन्तु ऐसा साहित्य ही उस कार्य में विश्वविद्याल, प्राध्यापक, शिक्षक और विद्यार्थिओं के मार्गदर्शिक बन सकते हैं।
  • अन्य बहुत सी भाषाओं में पूर्वमेव प्रकाशन हुआ है। यहाँ देखें कृपया। समुदाय के विकास के लिये हमें भी ऐसा करना चाहिये।
  • वितरणनीति

चूंकि वितरणनीति ही मुद्रण के प्रयोजन और आवश्यकता सिद्ध करती है, अतः यहाँ कुछ नीतिसम्बद्ध अंश लिख रहा हूँ। मुद्रित विवरणिका गुजरातराज्य में मेरे पास (नेहल दवे) रहेंगी। चूंकि बेंगळुरु में भी बहुत से स्वयंसेवक सक्रिय हैं, अतः वहाँ भी आधा भाग रहे गा। आवश्यकता पड़ने पर जो समीप स्थान हो वहाँ से मंगवाया जा सकता है।

  • जो विकि-स्वयंसेवक कार्यशाला के आयोजन और सञ्चालन में निरत हैं, उनकी याच्ञा के अनुसार हम विवरणिका दे सकते हैं।
  • चूंकि विभिन्न विश्वविद्यालय संस्कृतविकिपीडिया-जाल के लिये जिज्ञासु हैं, अतः विभिन्न विश्वविद्यालय, उनके अन्तर्गत महाविद्यालयों में हम केवल प्राध्यापकों के लिये विवरणिका भेजेंगे। उसके पश्चात् कार्यशाला के आयोज होने पर कार्यशाला के समय हम विद्यार्थिओं को भी विवरणिका प्रदान करेंगे।
  • संस्कृतसम्बद्ध अनेक कार्यक्रम सम्पूर्ण भारत में होते हैं। वहाँ संस्कृत-विकिपीडिया-जाल के प्रचारार्थ हम आपण के रूप में प्रचारकार्य कर सकते हैं। उस समय विवरणिका का उपयोग करेंगे। NehalDaveND (talk) 05:07, 22 November 2017 (UTC)
  • Thanks for the reply and communication over email etc. This project looks interesting, however the project is big enough for us to support at this moment. CIS-A2K thinks that you may go to Rapid Grant and propose it there. We would to happy to answer your questions, or help you during the planning of the event. Please let us know if you have question(s). -- Tito Dutta (talk) 17:35, 12 December 2017 (UTC)

telugu prapancha maha shabalu

Dear Sir/Madam, we (me, palagiri ramakrishnareddy)would like to participate telugu prapancha maha shabalu which are to be held at Hyderabad on 15-12-2017 to 20-12-2017. we are requesting you to provide travel,accommodation& food for these meetings. హైదరాబాద్‌లో ఈ నెల 15 నుండి జరుగుతున్న ప్రపంచ తెలుగు మాహాసభలకు తెలుగు వికీపీడియా నుండి హాజరగుటకు మేము (పాలగిరి రామకృష్ణారెడ్డి, విశ్వనాధ్) మీ ద్వారా వసతిప్రయాణభోజనములకు సహాయం కొరకు అభ్యర్ధన..--విశ్వనాధ్.బి.కె. (talk) 13:47, 11 December 2017 (UTC)

  • Hello, thanks a lot for letting us know about the plan. Generally we ask you let us know about an event 3-4 weeks prior to an event. Please provide us with more information by answering these questions:
  1. Please provide some details about the event and your participation.
  2. Please give us an estimated budget, with breakup.

Thanks, -- Tito Dutta (talk) 17:39, 12 December 2017 (UTC)

Hi Tito Dutta

1

  • ఇది తెలుగు భాషకు సంభందిత చరిత్రలో ఐదవ పెద్ద మీటింగ్ లేదా కార్యక్రమం.
  • ఇది తెలంగాణా రాష్ట్ర ప్రభుత్వం తెలుగు భాష కొరకు చేస్తున్న అతి పెద్ద కార్యక్రమం.
  • దీనిని అనేక ప్రాంతాల నుండి తెలుగు సాహితీకారులు, అభిమానులు, రచయితలు, ప్రచురనకర్తలు వస్తారు.

2

  • తెలంగాణా ప్రభుత్వం అధికారికంగా వికీపీడియన్లకు ఆహ్వానం పంపియున్నది.
  • తెలుగు భాష డిజిటైజ్ కొరకు రాష్ట్ర ఐటి విభాగం ద్వారా ఏర్పాటు కాబడు చర్చా కార్యక్రమంలో పాల్గొని సూచనలు సలహాలు అందిచవచ్చు.
  • తెలుగు భాష, వికీపీడియాల ద్వారా కార్యక్రమాలు, అవగాహనా కార్యక్రమాల ఏర్పాట్లపై చర్చించవచ్చు.
  • ఇక్కడ జరిగే అనేక కార్యక్రమాల ద్వారా వివిద సమాచార సేకరన చేయవచ్చు.
  • అనేక మంది ప్రముఖుల, రచయితల, పెద్దల యొక్క చిత్రాలు సేకరించి వాటిని ఉచితంగా వాడుకోవచ్చు
  • ఇప్పటికే ఉన్న వ్యాసాలలో ఇక్కడ లభించే సమాచారం ద్వారా విస్తరణ చేయవచ్చు

కనుక ఈ కార్యక్రమమునకు హాజరవడం తెలుగు వికీకి మరింత అభివృద్ది కారకం అవుతుంది...

budget will be

travel for 2 = 6000 to 8000

accommodation 4 days for 2 = 8000

food 4days for 2 = 4000

total = 20000 - --విశ్వనాధ్.బి.కె. (talk) 10:52, 13 December 2017 (UTC)

  • Hello, thanks for your reply. We'll inform you about the team's decision very soon. Thanks and regards. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 10:28, 16 December 2017 (UTC)
  • Approved Approved this request is approved. CIS-A2K's will support these items: a) travel, b) accommodation, c) food. Please send original bills to CIS-A2K Bangalore office (we'll contact you over email with details). We also encourage you to write a report describing your participation and experience. Thanks. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 06:50, 22 December 2017 (UTC)
  • Hi Tito Bayya here are images from Telugu mahasabhalu and here are article about the event. some other articles also developed with this info. we collect info from some celebs used pics of them in articles --Viswanadh BK (talk) 04:23, 17 February 2018 (UTC)

Art+Feminism Edit-a-thon at VVIT

Greetings, I would like organize an Art+Feminism Edit-a-thon on 3 March 2018, at Vasireddy Venkatadri Institute of Technology. I'll be organizing the session with focus on women and art related content on English Wikipedia, and to address the gender gap, at least 70% of the participants will include women editors.

  • The expected number of participants is 30 25.
  • As it is a one and half day session, it wouldn't include any new editors.
  • It would focus mainly on skill building for existing editors from the college, on improving the article quality (B-class, GA, DYK etc.)
  • Targets:
    • No. of new articles to be created: 5 (atleast 3 of the newly created article to be nominated for DYK)
    • No. of existing articles to be improved to B-class: 7 5
    • No. of to be articles to be nominated to GAN: 3 2
    • No. of uploads (related to Women): 5 7
  • Outreach dashboard will be used to track the overall metrics

I request funding for the following expenses:

  • An 80-page Art+Feminism Handout for 30 25 participants: ₹1,650.00 ₹1,450
  • Book of their choice for top three performers: ₹1,500.00
  • Poster: ₹210
    • Total: ₹3,360 ₹3,160
  • Report of the event shall be submitted on or before 31 March 2018
Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talkmail) 05:16, 30 January 2018 (UTC)
  • Thanks for sharing the idea with us. Please share the event page with us, if it is already created. Regards. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 10:05, 30 January 2018 (UTC)
@Titodutta: Hi Tito, thanks for the quick reply. I have created the event page, it is available at: VVIT WikiConnect/Activities/Art+Feminism Edit-a-thon (March 2018), more details will be updated on the page shortly. Also I have changed the targets, and amount as well. Please review them. Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talkmail) 12:18, 30 January 2018 (UTC)
  • The request is aApproved Approved}, the request will be processed as a form of reimbursement, after submission of event event's narrative and financial reports. Thanks for your contribution. Regards. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 13:35, 8 February 2018 (UTC)
@Titodutta: Due to some chaos in the city, it has been declared as a holiday on 3 March 2018. So it might not be possible to conduct a workshop on that day. Sorry for the inconvenience, thanks for the support. Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talkmail) 15:59, 27 February 2018 (UTC)

Request for a training workshop for Santali editors

Hi, a small group of Santali Wikipedia (Incubator) editors from Mayurbhanj, Odisha have been contributing to the Incubator since last couple of months. They recently reached out to me, and asked for help with organizing a workshop for the existing and new editors. They also need some support for some of the technical aspects like modifying the input methods that we built back in 2013-2014. There are already 6-7 editors who have been active and have contributed towards taking the number of articles in Ol Chiki script to over 260. But they need mentoring both for editing, other on-wiki management, addressing technical challenges, and moreover owning all the resources that we created. As the community is active, and is enthusiast to take things forward, it is also important we provide them necessary knowhow about applying to take the Incubator project to an active Santali Wikipedia.

Our plan is to help them organize a workshop sometime in the beginning of/mid March where we can involve some of the stakeholders like CIS-A2K, us (Odia Wikimedians User Group), and hopefully language experts on the mentoring end, and all the active and new editors who are in Mayurbhanj or can travel to Mayurbhanj from other parts of Odisha/Jharkhand/West Bengal.

Proposed activities
  • Training for Wikipedia editing and editor management
    • Basics of Wikipedia editing
    • How to invite new editors, and how to help them learn about Wikipedia editing
    • How to grow the editor community by online/offline outreach
    • How to ask for programmatic support in the future
  • Technical training:
    • Modifying input tools, pre-requisites (e.g. community consensus), and overall process
    • Creating user documentation for new users to learn how to contribute to Wikimedia projects
    • Templates and other on-wiki technical needs
    • Additional (optional): If time permits, we will interview the participants, and will help them make a video tutorial for new editors
Expected impact
  • Short-term:
    • They know the basics of Wikipedia editing
      • All the participants know how to create new articles, translate from other Wikipedias, edit existing articles
      • They know about the basic anatomy of an article, and the importance of citations, images/media
      • Identify the most important articles that need to be created
    • They can take the lead in modifying the existing input method
    • They can make use of templates in articles
    • They can create user documentations to help new editors learn about editing, and using the input method
    • Additional (optional): Audio/video interview of the participants, and beginning of video tutorial for new editors
Proposed budget
Expense details Per unit cost (in INR) Total units Total amount (in INR)

Airfare

This is an approximate amount from BLR-BBI and return for one person based on past travel experience. The actual amount might vary.
12000 1 12000

Local taxi

Taxi to and from BLR airport, taxi to and from BBI airport
1000 (2 nos), 300 (2 nos) 2, 3 2600

Bus/train

Bhubaneswar to Baripada and return for three people
Balasore to Baripada and return for one person
460, 100 6, 2 2960
Stay 1500 (1 person in Bhubaneswar), 2000 (4 people in Baripada) 1, 1 3500

Food:

  • Breakfast (6 nos for 4 people over 2 days)
  • Lunch (8 nos for 4 people over 2 days)
  • Dinner (8 nos for 4 people over 2 days)
200, 350, 350 22 6800

Hall booking, AV, and Internet

We are trying to get all of these for free but adding a tentative amount just in case
6000 1 6000
TOTAL 33860
Expected mentors
  • Jnanaranjan sahu (technical)
  • Sailesh Patnaik (@CIS-A2K, would really appreciate if Sailesh can join us for the entire event)
  • Ansuman (Odia Wikimedia admin who is based is less than 100 kms from Baripada and follow up with any future offline activities)
  • Subhashish Panigrahi (overall coordination)

Would love to share anything that is not clear in this submission. --Subhashish Panigrahi (talk) 05:14, 13 February 2018 (UTC)

Endorsement

Other discussions

  • I'm glad I could join and be a helping hand. Thank you! -- ɑηsuмaη «Talk» 10:59, 14 February 2018 (UTC)

Discussion

  • Thanks for letting us know about this plan. I am forwarding the request to team, and will keep you updated. --06:04, 16 February 2018 (UTC)
  • This request is approved. Someone form our team, probably User:Saileshpat will co-ordinate with you. Our accounts team will help in air ticket booking. We'll contact you personally for further details. Regards. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 08:12, 21 February 2018 (UTC)
Thanks Tito and the whole team for the quick action - really appreciate that. Look forward to connecting over email for further logistics arrangement. --Subhashish Panigrahi (talk) 08:28, 21 February 2018 (UTC)

Report

Please note that I have added a quick report in the event page, one video interview with a Wikipedian and a group picture on Commons. Will add the remaining pictures and videos soon on Commons. --Subhashish Panigrahi (talk) 10:10, 29 March 2018 (UTC)

  • Thanks for the report. Following our email conversation, we are going to reimburse the amount to you. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 08:52, 11 April 2018 (UTC)
Great, thanks Tito. --Subhashish Panigrahi (talk) 12:34, 11 April 2018 (UTC)

Travel and stay Support for Delhi meeting

हिंदी विकी समुदाय विश्व हिंदी सम्मेलन जो कि इस वर्ष मॉरीशस में होने जा रहा है वहा विकिपीडिया विशेषकर हिंदी विकिपीडिया के प्रचार-प्रसार हेतु भाग लेना चाह रहा है इस बारे में भारत सरकार के विदेश मंत्रालय के वरिष्ठ अधिकारी ,श्री अशोक कुमार जी संयुक्त सचिव भारत सरकार, से फोन पर और ईमेल पर मेरी चर्चा हुई जिसमे उन्होंने प्रस्ताव देने तथा आगे बातचीत के लिए उन्होंने दिल्ली में मीटिंग के लिए निमंत्रण दिया है। इस सम्मेलन में हिंदी समुदाय के भाग लेने के लिए यह मीटिंग अत्यंत आवश्यक है अतः मेरा सीआईए से इस मीटिंग में भाग लेने हेतु एक व्यक्ति के भोपाल से दिल्ली आने जाने तथा रहने हेतु सहायता अपेक्षित है ।भोपाल से दिल्ली और वापसी के आने जाने का खर्च लगभग रुपए 3800 होगा यदि वहां 1 दिन और रुकना आवश्यक लगे तो लगभग 1200 से 1500 रुकने का खर्चा लगभग 1500 भोपाल तथा दिल्ली में लोकल ट्रेवल हेतु और लगभग 500 से ₹600 प्रतिदिन भोजन हेतु लगेगा इस प्रकार अधिकतम 7500-8000 रुपए का खर्चा अपेक्षित है यह यात्रा रेल के माध्यम से की जाएगी मुझे विश्वास है कि इस मीटिंग से ना केवल हम इस कार्यक्रम में हिंदी समुदाय की प्रतिभागिता सुनिश्चित करवा पाएंगे बल्किि वहां पर हिंदी विकिपीडिया की तरफ से वक्तव्य देने अथवा डिस्कशन पैनल मेंं प्रतिभागिता भी सुनिश्चित करवा पाएंगे किसी भी प्रकार के प्रश्न हेतु नि:संकोच संपर्क करें धन्यवाद--Suyash Dwivedi (talk) 21:42, 25 April 2018 (UTC)

  • Thanks for letting us know about the plan. After the meeting please write an overview to us over email, you may also update it on the related event page(s). Based on these observations, this request is Approved Approved, and the amount will be reimbursed to you. Regards. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 06:18, 27 April 2018 (UTC)
रिपोर्ट - दिल्ली स्थित विदेश मंत्रालय में अधिकारियों के साथ सार्थक बैठक हुई जहाँ हमने सम्मलेन में भाग लेने हेतु अपना प्रस्ताव दिया जिसमें
  • नि: शुल्क पंजीयन
  • हिंदी विकिपिडीया के बारे में बोलने हेतु टाइम स्लॉट आवंटन।
  • चर्चा पैनल में प्रतिभागिता।
  • प्रचार-प्रसार के स्टाल हेतु स्थान एवं आवश्यक संसाधन जैसे एलसीडी टीवी /प्रोजेक्टर, प्रकाश व्यवस्था, वांछित सज्जा जैसे फ़र्नीचर आदि।
  • रियायती दरों पर सदस्य दल हेतु ठहरने/भोजन की व्यवस्था।

और मुझे यह बताते हुए प्रसन्नता हो रही है की प्रथम बैठक में उन्होंने समय पर आने के लिए धन्यवाद दिया एवं चूँकि अगले दिन उनकी कार्यक्रम समबन्दित पहली प्रमुख बैठक थी, वहाँ हमारे इस प्रस्ताव पर विचार करने का भी आश्वासन दिया इस सम्बन्ध में कार्यक्रम से जुड़े दो प्रमुख व्यक्तियों से मिलने की सलाह भी दी गई जिनसे भेंट करने के बाद हमारे इस प्रस्ताव को बल मिला। इस पूरे कार्यक्रम की सूचना चौपाल पर आशीष जी ने भी दी है। धन्यवाद -- Suyash Dwivedi (talk) 11:10, 1 August 2018 (UTC)

Wikipedia Workshop at Ahmedabad University, 2018 - Reimbursement of Travel Expenses

Gujarati Wiki Community in association with Ahmedabad University has carried out an outreach program at University Campus, GICT building, Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad, India on 07-04-2018.

The Ahmedabad University approached Gujarati Wikipedians to Carry out session for their students. Kartik Mistry, responded to their request and Suggested name of Mr. Aniket Bhatt being local wikipedian in Ahmedabad. He than co-ordinated with University faculty and structured the training sessions. He also conducted a training session for the faculty members of the institution on 31 March 2018.

On 07-04-2018, through the program around 577 student was trained about the Wikipedia, its objectives etc. The Students were divided in 5 groups and Introduction cum Theory session was conducted in 5 sessions two in morning and 3 in afternoon. The theory session included topics such as What is Wikipedia, Its history, Why one should contribute to Wikipedia, what are the benefits, How to contribute, etc.

The Theory session was followed by a practical session in their computer labs. The Practical session included topics How to open an account, How to use sandbox, How to create article, How to add picture, How to cite references, How to add category, How to add infobox. Students had created dummy articles in their sandboxes.

From Gujarati Community the Sushant Savla, Kartik Mistry, Anant Rathod had taken up the sessions.

Project Goal

Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.

  1. Expand network of potential partners.
  2. Increase awareness of Wikimedia projects.
  3. Recruit new editors.
  4. Train new editors in correctly contributing and referencing in article, adding media, adding infoboxes etc

Impact

  1. Number of presentation attendees: 577 students and faculty members
  2. Number of new potential partners: 1
  3. Number of outreach activity participants: 4
  4. Number of new editors:20
  5. Number of of articles created or improved: 200

Resources Requested for Reimbursements

  • Travel and Food Expenses:
    • Train Ticket = INR 2200 (Mumbai to Ahmedabad - 2 persons Sushant Savla and Kartik Mistry)
    • Train Ticket = INR 945 (Ahmedabad to Mumbai - 1 person Sushant Savla)
    • Local Taxi/Auto fares = INR 500
    • Dinner = INR 500
  • Total = INR 4145

Report

A Report Wikipedia - Ahmadabad University - Outreach_Program - A Report

Link to Report on Wikipedia - Ahmadabad University - Outreach_Program - A Report


Letter of Appreciation from Ahmedabad University

Letter of Appreciation from Ahmadabad University
Theory Session in progress

Endorsements

Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!

  1. Excellent presentation and well done, Sushant! --KartikMistry (talk) 16:38, 23 April 2018 (UTC)
  2. Remarkable effort by Gujarati community, with the help of Ahmedabad University. --Gazal world (talk) 16:51, 23 April 2018 (UTC)
  3. I am grateful to User:Sushant savla for taking part in this event and providing training to 100+ students. He has dedicated his time and efforts, I strongly recommend him to be considered for this rapid grant to reimburse the expenses he incurred out of his pocket.--DhavalTalk 22:48, 23 April 2018 (UTC)
  4. This should be aproved. I Endorse. --Aniket (talk) 06:15, 26 April 2018 (UTC)


In view of the above It is requested to reimburse the expenses as incurred above. --Sushant savla (talk) 08:50, 5 May 2018 (UTC)

  • Thanks for letting us know about this event. We generally request to inform us about an event 2-3 at least weeks prior to an event. Anyhow, I'll forward it to CIS-A2K team. I'll keep you informed. Regards. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 21:09, 11 May 2018 (UTC)
  • This is Approved Approved, and the amount will be reimbursed to you. We'll contact you over email to discuss further about the reimbursement process. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 06:38, 21 May 2018 (UTC)

#1Lib1Ref sessions (Warangal and Guntur)

Greetings, as #1Lib1Ref campaign has been rolled out for the second time this year from 15 May to 5 June 2018, I would like to organise two sessions as a part of this campaign. First session will be conducted at Kakatiya University, Warangal, on 30 May, and the second one at Annamayya Library, Guntur, before 5 June. Each session will have about 10–20 participants. During the program, the participants will be introduced to the basic policies and guidelines, followed by Wikipedia mark-up and basic editing. By using Citation Hunter and with the help of categories, the participants will identify the sourcing problems in articles, and then add/improve appropriate references. If possible, we'll also use the books present in the library to make references, and also those present in Wikisource as well. User:Pavan santhosh.s will be present along with me, and if possible, User:Yohannvt as well. The budget is as follows:

For Warangal
  • Lunch for participants: ₹4,500
  • Travel and accommodation: ₹4,500
  • Certificates for participants, stickers, a poster and a memento to university: ₹1,500
For Guntur
  • Snacks for participants: ₹1,000
  • Certificates: ₹500
  • Unforeseen: ₹3,000
  • Total: ₹15,000

Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talkmail) 05:47, 16 May 2018 (UTC)

  • Thanks for letting us know about this plan. It looks interesting, and CIS-A2K would like to collaborate here. A few questions and observations: a) please share the event page link, b) perhaps this can be integrated with other similar initiatives in India this year (if any). Regards. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 08:26, 16 May 2018 (UTC)
  • @Titodutta: Hi Tito, thanks for the quick reply. Here are the event pages; for Warangal and for Guntur. As #1Lib1Ref campaign ends on 5 June 2018, I don't think there is much possibility to integrate with other activities, especially considering the time left. However, the theme of improving references on Wikipedia, along with 'The Wikipedia Library' can be integrated with other similar initiatives. Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talkmail) 11:37, 16 May 2018 (UTC)

Endorsements

  • Krishna Chaitanya Velaga has been in touch with the Wikipedia Library team and has been prepped for this event. He is a long-standing coordinator for the Wikipedia Library and we have no doubt that he has the capacity to deliver this task.--FNartey (WMF) (talk) 12:57, 17 May 2018 (UTC)
  • Krishna has been serving as an excellent outreach coordinator for the Wikipedia Library in India, and I think this significantly champions his outreach efforts. And as per above. Truly--AVasanth (WMF) (talk) 13:29, 17 May 2018 (UTC)

Approved Approved thanks for letting us know about this plan. This request is approved. We'll get in touch with you over email with further updates and procedure. Regards. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 09:24, 22 May 2018 (UTC)

Sure, thanks for your support. Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talkmail) 16:51, 22 May 2018 (UTC)
@Titodutta: Please check your email for the report. Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talkmail) 14:24, 4 June 2018 (UTC)
Tito, FYI, the report is at: 1Lib1Ref - Warangal and Guntur - 2018. Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talkmail) 16:12, 23 June 2018 (UTC)

Books for content development

Check this request. It seems Wikimedia India chapter is not taking up any requests.

Telugu Wikipedia currently lacks huge information on governance in India which needs to be updated on a priority basis. As this particular topic of polity and governance is of utmost importance to those preparing for state psc exams, having content on Wikipedia will attract more readership. I'm ready to solely take up the activity of filling this content gap but need help with some books. I will need if possible, Telugu translation of popular books such as DD Basu and Laxmikant. I am posting the amazon links. Please help me acquire the books:

For time being it would be desirable if CIS-A2K can provide me with above two books in links. I will post fresh request when open university book catalogue is available. Thank you. --Rahmanuddin (talk) 14:29, 27 May 2018 (UTC)

Rahmanuddin (talk) 14:29, 27 May 2018 (UTC)
  • Hello Rahmanuddin, thanks for letting us know about this request. You are going to use use information from the mentioned books to create and improve Wikipedia articles — please let me know if I understood it correctly. Regards. - Tito Dutta (talk) 06:40, 29 May 2018 (UTC)
Dear Tito Dutta, Yes. These books will be used to create and expand content on Telugu Wikipedia. -- Rahmanuddin (talk) 06:43, 29 May 2018 (UTC)
  • Thanks for the clarification. We'll help to acquire the mentioned two books. This request is Approved Approved. The open university textbooks, I am sending it to A2K team for suggestion. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 06:51, 29 May 2018 (UTC)
  • Hello Rahmanuddin the second book "the Introduction to the Constitution of India" is unavailable on Amazon. I have checked a couple of other sites including this one. Please let us know if you have any preference. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 06:57, 29 May 2018 (UTC)
Yes, that will do. Thank you. --Rahmanuddin (talk) 07:01, 29 May 2018 (UTC)

Travel Support for Delhi meeting

माननीय विदेश मंत्री महोदया श्रीमती सुषमा स्वराज जी की अध्यक्षता में 28 जून 2018 को प्रात: 11:00 बजे विदेश मंत्रालय दिल्ली में होने वाली विश्व हिंदी सम्मलेन के विषय में होने वाली बैठक में मुझे एवं आशीष जी को आमंत्रित किया गया है. यह मीटिंग अत्यंत महत्वपूर्ण है जिसमे कई महत्वपूर्ण निर्णय लिए जाएंगे अतः मेरा निवेदन है की पूर्व की भांति इस यात्रा हेतु CIS सहयोग करे।इसकी सूचना चौपाल पर भी दे दी गई है बहुत बेहतर होगा यदि CIS मेरे आने जाने का टिकिट खुद बुक कर दे जिसका 7500-8000 रुपए का खर्चा अपेक्षित है.Suyash Dwivedi (talk) 05:40, 14 June 2018 (UTC)

  • Thanks for letting us know about this event. I'll inform the team about this and will get back to you. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 11:16, 14 June 2018 (UTC)
  • Please send a report to us (preferably post it here on Meta-Wiki) after the meeting. This request is Approved Approved, we'll contact you for personal details needed for the booking. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 03:59, 19 June 2018 (UTC)

Travel support for senior Hindi wikipedian

भोपाल में 16, 17 जून को हिंदी विकिपीडिया की तकनीकी कार्यशाला हो रही है इसमें हमारे वरिष्ठ सदस्य श्री आशीष भटनागर जी भी भाग ले रहे हैं इस तकनीकी कार्यशाला में उनका आना अत्यंत महत्वपूर्ण तथा अनिवार्य है वर्तमान में उनका निवास स्थान शिलांग में है जो कि भोपाल से काफी लंबी दूरी पर है अतः हमारा सीआईएस से अनुरोध है कि वे उनके आवागमन हेतु अनुदान प्रदान करने का कष्ट करें कार्यक्रम की मेटा पर लिंक को देखें- Suyash Dwivedi (talk) 16:03, 14 June 2018 (UTC) Suyash Dwivedi (talk) 16:03, 14 June 2018 (UTC)

  • Thanks for letting us know about this. Could you please a) post the event-page link, b) discuss it with the community members and get some opinion from them? Regards. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 08:32, 18 June 2018 (UTC)
Please go through this link--Suyash Dwivedi (talk) 15:34, 21 June 2018 (UTC)

Support for Odia wikimedian's monthly wikitungi meetup and Odia Wikipedia’s 16th anniversary event

Odia Wikimedians have been organising their regular meetups since last 2 years in two different cities in Odisha — Puri and Bhubaneswar. We have named it as “WikiTungi” where we meet and discuss about our strategies for community building, and growing the Odia Wikimedia projects , future plans/proposals, the challenges that we are facing or may face in future, collecting ideas for different outreach activities and workshops, etc. This concept of wikitungi meetups has given us success in various forms like keeping a good communication among the active Wikimedians, keeping an increment target for every month and fulfilling it (leading to the improvement in contents in form of informations, images, etc.), and making several workshops fruitful. We need some constant financial support from CIS-A2K to do these meetups in a better way. We generally try to meet in a place that is central for all the participants and there are small little expenses like local travel and food. . We had discussed about this with Tanveer earlier during his last visit to Odisha.

Details Cost(in ₹)
For Puri Wikitungi ₹6000 for next 3 meetups (for bi-monthly meetups)
For Bhubaneswar Wikitungi ₹9000 for next 6 meetups (for monthly meetups)

On behalf of Odia wiki community I am requesting this support from CIS-A2K, Along with this grant, I request CIS-A2K to support Odia Wikipedia’s 16th anniversary by providing ₹10,000 for Tshirts of 25 participants. All bills will be provided month wise and we will submit a report for each meetup at the Odia Wikimedians User group meta page. --Chinmayee Mishra (talk) 09:24, 20 June 2018 (UTC)

Endorsement

Discussion

  • Hello, thanks for letting us know about the plan. The request is Approved Approved, we'll contact you soon. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 18:19, 3 July 2018 (UTC)
  • Thank you so much Tito Dutta. --Chinmayee Mishra (talk) 15:38, 6 July 2018 (UTC)

Hindi wikipedia participation in World Hindi Conference 2018

विश्व हिन्दी सम्मलेन २०१८ के विषय में मेरी और आशीष भटनागर जी की हुई एवं ३ मई एवं २८ जून २०१८ को विदेश मंत्रालय, नई दिल्ली में हुई विदेश मंत्री माननीया श्रीमती सुषमा स्वराज एवं सम्मनित मंत्रीगणों माननीय,(रवि शंकर प्रसाद, राज्यवर्धन सिंह राठौड़,विजय कुमार सिंह) पद्मश्री अशोक चक्रधर एवं अधिकारीगणो के साथ हुई बैठकों एवं टेलीफोन के माध्यम से मंत्रालय से हुई कई चर्चाओं के के बाद सकारात्मक नतीजे मिले है।हम CIS के अत्यंत आभारी है जिन्होंने इस मीटिंग हेतु आवश्यक यात्रा , भोजन एवं आवास हेतु समय पर सहायता की, विदेश मंत्रालय ने इस कार्यक्रम में हमें आमंत्रित करते हुए निम्न सुविधाए प्रदान की है। The

  1. पंजीकरण शुल्क भुगतान न करने की छुट (अधिकतम 2 प्रतिनिधि),
  2. प्रदर्शनी स्थल में 3 × 3 मीटर का स्थान जिसका उपयोग चर्चाओं आदि हेतु किया जा सकेगा,
  3. अतिरिक्त सामग्री ले जाने के संबंध में भारत के उच्चायोग, पोर्टलूई द्वारा कस्टम निर्गम तथा अन्य प्रशासनिक प्रक्रिया में प्रकाशक को सहयोग प्रदान करना,
  4. 18 से 20 अगस्त 2018 तक स्थानीय यातायात (वैबसाइट पर उपलब्ध होटलों में से प्रदर्शनी स्थल व वापिस) की सुविधा,
  5. 18 से 20 अगस्त 2018 तक प्रदर्शनी स्थल में खान पान की सुविधा (अधिकतम 2 प्रतिनिधि)।

हिंदी विकिपीडिया के लिए यह कार्यक्रम अत्यंत महत्वपूर्ण है, जिसमे भाग लेने से ना केवल विकिपीडिया का वैश्विक हिंदी समुदाय में प्रचार प्रसार होगा बल्कि , भारत की शैक्षणिक संस्थाओं  एवं अन्य महत्वपूर्ण संस्थानों के साथ आगे कार्य करने की संभावना भी प्रबल होगी।इस कार्यक्रम हेतु पूर्व में एक TPS ग्रांट  भी डाली गई है पर चूँकि  कार्यक्रम में अब बहुत कम समय बचा है अतः त्वरित सहायता हेतु एक  रैपिड  ग्रांट भी डाली गई है जिसे पर्याप्त मात्रा में समर्थन प्राप्त है ।   . (https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Project/Rapid/Suyash_Dwivedi/11th_World_Hindi_Conference_2018 )

यदि यह  रेपिड ग्रांट स्वीकार होती है तो चूँकि इस की मर्यादा 2,000USD की होती है एवं हमारी आवश्यकता  3,142 USD (लगभग ₹ 2,15200) की है , जो की आवश्यक है।  मेरा अनुरोध है कि इस अतिरिक्त बजट को वहन कर हिंदी विकी समुदाय की सहयता करें, एवं यदि यह स्वीकार्य होती है तो समय बचने के लिए एडवांस में धनराशि उपलब्ध / टिकिट आदि की बुकिंग कर सहायता करें। आप स्थानीय एवं, मॉरीशस की यात्रा का खर्चा  वहन  कर हमारी सहायता कर सकते है अथवा आप टेबल में दिए गए खर्च (कृपया रेपिड ग्रांट की खर्चों लिंक को देखें ) के प्रकार देख कर बेहतर सुझाव दे सकते है।  

Number Category Item description Number of units Cost per unit Total cost in INR Total cost in USD (approximate) Notes
1 International Travel Two way travel from Delhi/Mumbai to Port Louis for 2 participants. 2 ₹47,000 ₹94,000 - 20% (*Discount as offered ) ~ ₹ 75,200 1,098 USD estimates based on rates obtained from the Internet might vary depending upon flight cost at the time of booking
2 Domestic Travel Cost of travel from individual Cities to International Airport for 2 participants. 2 ₹8000+10,000 ₹18,000 263 USD Cost of travel from individual Cities to International Airport for 2 participants.

किसी भी प्रकार के सपष्टीकरण हेतु आप मुझसे सहर्ष चर्चा कर सकते है। Suyash Dwivedi (talk) 20:27, 19 July 2018 (UTC)

Hello User:Suyash.dwivedi, thank you for letting us know about this plan. We are delighted to know about the plan and we thank you for your effort.
As this request consists of allocating large amount we request your patience and seek your assistance in making the right decision.
As far as I can understand the WMF rapid grant (linked in your post above) is expected to be the primary source of the fund required for this initiative, and CIS-A2K is asked for help as a second support structure. Correct me, if I am wrong here. If that's the case, the model of support has been tried earlier during a community's 10 year celebration where WMF, WMIN and CIS supported. I have a few observations here.
As WMF rapid grant is the primary grant structure here, a) please inform and update the rapid grant page about this request and/or inform grants officer accordingly. This will clarify any doubt and will be useful future reference b)the major components such as travel might be asked from WMF rapid grant. What do you think, kindly let us know.
We are also interested to learn a little more about the plan and earlier involvements. We are optimistic about the expected outcomes you have told. The 10th Vishwa Hindi Sammelan took place in 2015 at Bhopal, CIS-A2K would like to know a little about the output of the involvement in the earlier 2015 iteration of the conference. It would be great if you kindly provide some idea about the collaborations or partnerships came out of it and how that helped to improve the movement (such as number of pages created/books donated/new editors). This will help us to understand the past performances.
I once again thank for your interest. Please let us know if you have any question. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 10:56, 23 July 2018 (UTC)
Hello Tito Dutta thanks for the reply. You are very much correct as WMF Rapid grant is the primary source of the fund required for this initiative and CIS-A2K is asked for help as a second support structure.

in reply to your part (A)yes we will definitely inform about this request to grant page/grants officer once you confirm(B) yes we understand that major components as travel should ask from the rapid grant but I believe that you can also understand that there are few days left for conference and any delays might catch high airfares (Travel booking is at High priority now) that's why we had asked to CIS for this part but if you think it is so necessary, then you may change it to any other head of your convenience for the amount exceeding rapid grant.

I was a participant of 10th Vishwa Hindi Sammelan, Bhopal as my professional work. This is the First time where Hindi Wikipedia is participating in Vishwa Hindi Sammelan so I don't have any data you are asking for the previous one, However, I am sure our participation will bring at least 20 new editors/books donors and we are expecting 50-100 new articles/expansion. Thank you again and waiting for a quick reply --Suyash Dwivedi (talk) 18:04, 24 July 2018 (UTC)

Wiki Loves Monuments 2018 in India

In this year, the West Bengal Wikimedians User Group has decided to organize the Wiki Loves Monuments 2018 in India. Through this competition event the people are invited to upload images of monuments under a free license for usage on Wikimedia projects.

After finishing the event, the community will declare the names of ten winners and award them the prizes apart from sending those entries for the global challenge. The prize will be Gift Vouchers (like Amazon, Flipkart etc) and SWAG materials like Post cards. We are requesting CIS to provide us the prize money/ financial support.

The Gift voucher may be distributed as follows:

  • 1st Prize ( 10,000 INR ) worth Gift voucher
  • 2nd Prize ( 8,000 INR ) worth Gift voucher
  • 3rd Prize ( 6,000 INR ) worth Gift voucher
  • 4th to 10th ( 3,000 INR X 7 = 21,000 INR ) worth Consolation Gift voucher

So, the total gift voucher amount will be 45,000 INR

For the SWAG material, it will be 2,000 INR for preparing 500 post cards.

Total Expenses (45,000 INR + 2,000 INR) = 47,000 INR--Atudu (talk) 16:01, 20 July 2018 (UTC)

@Titodutta:, any update? -- Bodhisattwa (talk) 16:41, 28 July 2018 (UTC)
  • Hello, it is good to know that West Bengal Wikimedians are eager to work on this.
Starting with a few questions:
This seems to be national-event. Please inform Wikimedia India mailing list, preferably other community mailing lists. Please inform the organisers of previous iterations. This will not only inform others about your plan, they can share ideas, and collaborate with you. If you have done this step already, please let us know. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 08:57, 29 July 2018 (UTC)
@Titodutta:, thanks for your response. We have already talked with previous year's organizer @KCVelaga:. We will soon let all Indic communities know through mailing list, once we complete our remaining ground work and get confirmation that we will recieve the necessary fund. Thanks, -- Bodhisattwa (talk) 09:13, 29 July 2018 (UTC)
Funding is not the most difficult thing here. The general flow is community discussion>>grant request>>funding. My initial comment comes from another point of view. Once you inform the community (at least Wikimediaindia-l) and people know about it, it'll encourage collaboration, and more importantly it'll inform us the about any parallel plan (if any). An email with details like "West Bengal Wikimedians are going to work on WLM India this year. Please see the event page here and join if possible. . . ." will also work. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 09:21, 29 July 2018 (UTC)
@Titodutta:, posted in mailing list. Thanks -- Bodhisattwa (talk) 09:36, 29 July 2018 (UTC)
@Titodutta:, any update? -- Bodhisattwa (talk) 14:53, 14 August 2018 (UTC)
  • Thanks for the post on the mailing list, and expanding the event page. We would like to support such an initiative. Very soon, I'll get back with more details. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 17:05, 15 August 2018 (UTC)
  • Hello, I wanted to ask a couple of question: a) could you please let us know about the geographical location of prize distribution? It might a bit difficult to send prizes outside India, so we'd like to know this details. b) could you please make the consolation prize amount slightly less? Thanks. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 18:13, 15 August 2018 (UTC)

@Titodutta:, I have discussed with the organizing team about your questions. a) It is not possible to know the geographical location of the prize winners from now, but I guess, most of them, if not all, will be from India. If photographers from outside India gets selected for any prize, please send them any suitable gift voucher of your choice, which is most convenient. b) As per your request, the organizing team has agreed to reduce the prize money. Please find below the modified request.

Prize Amount/Unit Unit Total Amount Items To be sent by
1st place 10,000 INR 1 10,000 INR Gift voucher CIS-A2K
2nd place 7,000 INR 1 7,000 INR Gift voucher CIS-A2K
3rd place 5,000 INR 1 5,000 INR Gift voucher CIS-A2K
4th -10th place 2,000 INR 7 14,000 INR Gift voucher CIS-A2K
SWAG 4 INR 500 2,000 INR Post cards WLM Team
Total 38,000 INR

Please let me know, if it is ok now. Waiting for your confirmation. Thanks, -- Bodhisattwa (talk) 21:45, 15 August 2018 (UTC)

  • Thanks for the clarification and changes. The requested is Approved Approved. Please keep us updated about different stages and development. All the best. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 18:33, 16 August 2018 (UTC)
Thanks @Titodutta: for the approval. -- Bodhisattwa (talk) 03:26, 17 August 2018 (UTC)

Travel support -Tulu Wikipedia 2nd anniversary meetup

Tulu Wikipedia completed 2 years on Aug 6, 2018. On this account a small meeting is planned at Mangaluru on Aug 11, 2018. The agenda is to discuss the current status of Tulu Wikipedia, on the various tasks planned earlier, prioritizing the works from those tasks, approaching different people and institutions, etc. We have got an appointment with Dr. Veerenda Heggade at Dharmasthala on Aug 12, 2018. The agenda on Aug 11 meeting will include the topics to be discussed with Dr. Veerendra Heggade. We request travel and accommodation sponsorship as follows -

  • Travel (Dr. U.B. Pavanaja & Dhanalakshmi K.T. from Bengaluru) = ₹ 2000 x 2 x 2 = 8,000
  • Accommodation (Dr. U.B. Pavanaja, 1 night, 2 days) = ₹2400 x 2 = 4800
  • Food (tea & snacks, for the meetup, for 12 persons) = ₹50 x 12 = 600
  • Food (Pavanaja & Dhanalakshmi, 2 days) = ₹ 500 x 2 x 2 = 2000
  • Travel (4 persons from Mangaluru to Dharmastla, by car, fuel cost) = ₹1,000
  • Total = ₹ 16,600

The meeting has been decided at the last minute. Hence this last minute request. We will spend the money and request reimbursements.--Dhanalakshmi .K. T (talk) 06:40, 9 August 2018 (UTC)

  • Hello, thanks and letting us know about this plan. We generally ask to inform us about a plan at least 2-3 weeks prior to an event. I'll discuss with the team and let you know. Meanwhile, could you please add an event page link? Feel free to ask question. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 07:02, 9 August 2018 (UTC)
There is a link to the VP post in this request. Event page has not yet been created. Some cleanup is needed for the event pages. Event page will be created after the cleanup--Dhanalakshmi .K. T (talk) 09:18, 9 August 2018 (UTC)
Thanks for the response User:Dhanalakshmi .K. T. We have seen the VP post. It would be great to see some constructive discussion there. Please let us know once the event page is created. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 12:44, 10 August 2018 (UTC)
Here is the event page https://tcy.wikipedia.org/s/24p -Dhanalakshmi .K. T (talk) 16:00, 10 August 2018 (UTC)

Request for support for CC-India re-creatiion

Hi, the Creative Commons India chapter is reformed. The old structure will be changed to match the newly introduced Creative Commons Global Network (CCGN). There are going to be two meetings — one in Bangalore (at CIS office) and one in Delhi (see venue details below - both events are organized at the former CC affiliate institutional space). I'm writing to you to request three things:

  • Help with CIS office space, a projector, Internet connectivity for about 40 people
  • Have some staff members to join both the CCGN (here) and the meetings in either of/both the places (please sign up to join)
  • A small support of 2000 INR for refreshments for the attendees
Venue for Bangalore
CIS Bangalore office (have confirmed with admin staffer)
Venue for Delhi
Acharya Narendra Dev College, Govindpuri, Kalkaji, New Delhi 110019

Please do let me know if there are any follow up questions or comments. Thanks in advance! --Subhashish Panigrahi (talk) 04:37, 13 August 2018 (UTC)

  • Thanks Subhashish for letting us know about this plan. I'll discuss with team, and get back to you in next 36 hours. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 18:14, 15 August 2018 (UTC)