WikiConference India 2016 updates
Thanks for signing up as a volunteer for WikiConference India 2016 (WCI 2016). Here are some updates regarding the event:
- WCI 2016 will take place on 5th, 6th, and 7th of August 2016 at Chandigarh Group of Colleges, Landran (Mohali). Please save these dates. We will open conference registration soon.
- PEG request for WCI 2016 has been approved. We appreciate WMF PEG team's support and decision in facilitating this. We thank all community members who endorsed and contributed to this initiative. We are excited and look forward to an intensive month planning and executing WCI 2016.
- Phase 1 filtering of scholarship applications has been done. Among 450+ applications, 200+ applications have been shortlisted for final review. We are expecting to announce the results by July first week.
- WCI 2016 Call for Participation is open now. Please submit your proposals for paper presentations, lightning talks, and workshops.
- Please take WCI 2016 Program Survey and help us design the conference based on community's needs.
- Please initiate and participate in the Punjab edit-a-thon. It is a gift from all Indian language communities for the Punjabi community which is hosting the conference. The community that adds most number of bytes or words will be awarded a trophy.
- Please review our conference Code of Conduct.
- Please place any feedback regarding the event at the meta talk page. You can also join us for the weekly IRC sessions we hold every Wednesday and Saturday at 2130 IST at #wikiconferenceindia channel. You may also find frequent updates through our Facebook group and mailing list.
WCI 2016 Team.
P.S. If you wish to stop receiving such updates, please remove your name here.
Reporting and other updates for WikiConference India 2016 scholarship recipients
Glad to get in touch with you after the conference!
- Please give your feedback for the conference through this survey before 25th August 2016.
- As part of the scholarship agreement, please document your learnings and experience using the form here before 31st August 2016.
- If you haven't claimed reimbursement yet, please fill this claim form and post it to the following address before 18th August, 2016. Please attach original bills and boarding passes. Please note that we won't be extending the date any further.
- The Centre for Internet and Society,
- Attention: Mr. Ajoy Kumar,
- No. 194, 2nd ‘C’ Cross, Domlur, 2nd Stage, Bengaluru, 560071.
- Please upload your conference presentations at Commons under WikiConference India 2016 presentations category.
- Please upload pictures, videos you shot during the conference at Commons under an appropriate subcategory of WikiConference India 2016 category.
Message posted by Ravi
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_Asian_Month#Communities_and_Organizers check here --Sidheeq (talk) 11:15, 20 October 2016 (UTC)
This is a list of tools demonstrated or discussed at the conference.
- Hay's Tools Directory
- Tool Labs full tool list (includes tools not yet on Hay's Tools Directory)
- SeeAlso - Wiki visualizations directory
- Wikimedia Documentation Directory
Statistics and tracking
- Programs and Events Dashboard (AKA Outreach Dashboard) - track contributions from groups of users over time (e.g. workshop attendees; competition participants)
- Pageviews/Massviews/Topviews/Userviews - query and comparison interface
- External URL patterns statistics
- TreeViews - monthly view stats for articles in whole category trees
- Wikipedia Tools for Chrome - a Chrome add-on useful in compiling Wikipedia statistics
- PetScan -- the Swiss-army chainsaw of querying Wikimedia projects! A (very) powerful query interface over pages, categories, and Wikidata
- Quarry -- run arbitrary SQL queries against the replicated Wikimedia databases. Example.
- pro tip:
stealadapt other people's queries and change them to suit your needs!
- pro tip:
- What to work on?
- Editing convenience
- Eran's autocompleter gadget - one of the best-kept secrets in the Wikimedia movement!
- HotCat gadget
- PattyPan batch uploader
- Flickr2Commons, Flickr Free and New (uses Flickr2Commons)
- Crop Tool for Commons
- Free Image Search Tool, Wikidata FIST
- VideoConvert - converts MP4, AVI, WMV to WebM for uploading to Commons
- Video2Commons - video uploader
- Pronuncify (Linux), Pronuncify.NET (Windows) - record audio pronunciation files for Commons in batches
- GLAMify - suggest images for articles based on usage in interwiki links (e.g.)
- Commons file finder - by user and category
- List of upload tools on Commons
- Wikidata Query
- e.g. missing articles about poets on arwiki with the most interwiki links (change 'ar' to your language wiki)
- Resonator - a prettier display of what Wikidata knows about an item
- Wikidata property browser
- Harvest data from templates into Wikidata
- Wikidata-based timelines
- The Wikidata Game and The Distributed Wikidata Game
- Using arbitrary Wikidata in other wikis (e.g. Infoboxes)
- See also: Listeria
- Tabernacle, for tabulating and editing data on Wikidata
Wikipedia 20/Events/Uttar Pradesh
Greeting of day,
Wikipedia turns 20 on 15 January 2021. This Wikipedia 20 Meta-Wiki page is an initial framework the global Wikimedia community can use to coordinate around the 20th birthday of Wikipedia. We are celebrating how humans made Wikipedia what it is, and only humans can help sustain and grow it. We are celebrating 20 years human!
All you need to do is to sign in as the participant here and observe the celebrations of event Wikipedia 20th celebration the most innate way you feel. The decent stuff will receive a token of appreciation. Y'll are RSVP in the event Wikipedia 20th celebration the most innate way you feel and Wikipedia 20/Events/Uttar Pradesh
Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 Program Schedule: You are invited 🙏
Hope this message finds you well. Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 will take place from 19 to 21 February 2021 (Friday to Sunday). Here is some quick important information:
- A tentative schedule of the program is published and you may see it here. There are sessions on different topics such as Wikimedia Strategy, Growth, Technical, etc. You might be interested to have a look at the schedule.
- The program will take place on Zoom and the sessions will be recorded.
- If you have not registered as a participant yet, please register yourself to get an invitation, The last date to register is 16 February 2021.
- Kindly share this information with your friends who might like to attend the sessions.
On behalf of Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 Team
Invitation for Functionary consultation 2021
Greetings SWMT member,
I'm letting you know in advance about a meeting I'd like to invite you to regarding the Universal Code of Conduct and the community's ownership of its future enforcement. I'm still in the process of putting together the details, but I wanted to share the date with you: 10 July, 2021. I do not have a time on this date yet, but I will let you soon. We have created a meta page with basic information. Please take a look at the meta page and sign up your name under the appropriate section.
Thank you for your time.--BAnand (WMF) 03:21, 3 June 2021 (UTC)