Wikimedians of Kerala is a group of Wikimedians working on various wikimedia projects related to Malayalam and other languages in Kerala. The group is also working with other organizations to promote Malayalam language and other languages in Kerala. Anyone who are interested in these activities can become a member of this group.
- Spreading the ideas of Wikimedia Movement.
- Introducing Wikipedia to Keralites and oversease Keralites
- Encouraging people to become contributors.
- Maintaining the community and obtaining more community members.
- Helping on cooperation with other communities or institutions.
- Helping the growth and development of other Malayalam-based Wikimedia projects.
- Improve content about Kerala state and related topics in English and all other languages.
Plans for activities
- Conducting Workshops and Meetups
- Promotion of Wikimedia projects and Free content in general. To encourage the use of Wikimedia resources in education
- Organize Events to collect Creative Commons Contents and Upload it at Commons Wikimedia
- Develop new local wikis (Wikipedia, Wiktionary, Wikibooks etc.)