|Wikimedians of Kerala |
|Legal status||Wikimedia Affiliate|
|Founding date||27 Aug, 2018|
|Approval date||12 October 2018|
|Other language(s)||Languages in Kerala|
|Mobile number||+91 9446541729|
Wikimedians of Kerala is a group of Wikimedians working various Wikimedia projects in Kerala, India. Our main focus is to support people who are working in Malayalam language. We also supporting other languages speaking in Kerala. The group is also working with other organizations to promote Malayalam language and Wikimedia projects. Anyone who interested in these activites can become a member in this group.
The usergroup is mainly focused on working in Kerala but we are also conducting various events for people in other parts of the world. We are promoting Malayalam langauge content in various Wikimedia projects. We are also conducting various programmes to increase the user base of Wikimedia projects in Kerala.
- Spreading the ideas of Wikimedia Movement.
- Introducing Wikipedia to Keralites and oversease Keralites
- Encouraging people to become contributors.
- Maintaining the community and obtaining more community members.
- Helping on cooperation with other communities or institutions.
- Helping the growth and development of other Malayalam-based Wikimedia projects.
- Improve content about Kerala state and related topics in English and all other languages.
Plans for activities
- Conducting Workshops and Meetups to attract new users into Wikimedia movement.
- Promotion of Wikimedia projects and Free content in general.
- Encourage the use of Wikimedia resources in education.
- Organize Events to collect Creative Commons Contents and Upload it into Wikimedia Commons.
- Create and maintain portals related to Malayalam Language and Kerala in various Wikimedia projects.
- Develop new local wikis (Wikipedia, Wiktionary, Wikibooks etc.)