For millions of years mankind lived just like the animals
|— David Gilmour, Richard Wright and Polly Samson, Keep Talking|
WikiConference India 2016 updates
Thanks for signing up as a volunteer for WikiConference India 2016 (WCI 2016). Here are some updates regarding the event:
- WCI 2016 will take place on 5th, 6th, and 7th of August 2016 at Chandigarh Group of Colleges, Landran (Mohali). Please save these dates. We will open conference registration soon.
- PEG request for WCI 2016 has been approved. We appreciate WMF PEG team's support and decision in facilitating this. We thank all community members who endorsed and contributed to this initiative. We are excited and look forward to an intensive month planning and executing WCI 2016.
- Phase 1 filtering of scholarship applications has been done. Among 450+ applications, 200+ applications have been shortlisted for final review. We are expecting to announce the results by July first week.
- WCI 2016 Call for Participation is open now. Please submit your proposals for paper presentations, lightning talks, and workshops.
- Please take WCI 2016 Program Survey and help us design the conference based on community's needs.
- Please initiate and participate in the Punjab edit-a-thon. It is a gift from all Indian language communities for the Punjabi community which is hosting the conference. The community that adds most number of bytes or words will be awarded a trophy.
- Please review our conference Code of Conduct.
- Please place any feedback regarding the event at the meta talk page. You can also join us for the weekly IRC sessions we hold every Wednesday and Saturday at 2130 IST at #wikiconferenceindia channel. You may also find frequent updates through our Facebook group and mailing list.
WCI 2016 Team.
P.S. If you wish to stop receiving such updates, please remove your name here.
Reporting and other updates for WikiConference India 2016 scholarship recipients
Glad to get in touch with you after the conference!
- Please give your feedback for the conference through this survey before 25th August 2016.
- As part of the scholarship agreement, please document your learnings and experience using the form here before 31st August 2016.
- If you haven't claimed reimbursement yet, please fill this claim form and post it to the following address before 18th August, 2016. Please attach original bills and boarding passes. Please note that we won't be extending the date any further.
- The Centre for Internet and Society,
- Attention: Mr. Ajoy Kumar,
- No. 194, 2nd ‘C’ Cross, Domlur, 2nd Stage, Bengaluru, 560071.
- Please upload your conference presentations at Commons under WikiConference India 2016 presentations category.
- Please upload pictures, videos you shot during the conference at Commons under an appropriate subcategory of WikiConference India 2016 category.
Message posted by Ravi
2016 Community Wishlist Survey
You’re getting this message because you participated in the 2015 Community Wishlist Survey and we want to make sure you don't miss it this year – or at least can make the conscious choice to ignore if it you want to. The 2015 survey decided what the Community Tech team should work on during 2016. It was also the focus of Wikimedia hackathons and work by other developers. You can see the status of wishes from the 2015 wishlist at 2015 Community Wishlist Survey/Results.
The 2016 Community Wishlist Survey is now open for wishes. You can create proposals until November 20. You will be able to vote on which wishes you think are best or most important between November 28 and December 12. /Johan (WMF) (talk) via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 11:17, 14 November 2016 (UTC)
- @Kritzolina: What about?? ~ Moheen (talk) 00:23, 20 January 2017 (UTC)
Thanks for your participation during the Inspire Campaign focused on outreach to outside knowledge networks from February 2017. I'm interested in hearing your experience during the campaign, so if you're able, I invite you to complete this brief survey to describe how you contributed to the campaign and how you felt about participating. I want to improve how campaigns are run, so let me know if there's something that could be done better for next time.
Hi there, there was a error with the Inspire survey link that caused the survey to be shown as expired, but has now been fixed. The link in the above message should now bring you to the survey. Apologies, I JethroBT (WMF) 19:20, 31 March 2017 (UTC)
Hi, your request for global renamer was succesful, and I have now granted you the related rights. Congratulations! You may have read the policy already, but you can check it again and also it's useful to join our mailing list here. I have added you to the Global renamers list, please check that it's correct. If you're active on IRC you might want to join in #wikimedia-rename. Regards, Stryn (talk) 13:41, 24 August 2017 (UTC)
- Congratulations! Welcome aboard the team! —k6ka 🍁 (Talk · Contributions) 02:05, 26 August 2017 (UTC)
Wikimedia diversity - What happened at the conference and how to follow up
We are messaging you now because you signed up as an ambassador for Wikimedia Diversity Conference 2017. We are sharing this message far and wide, so apologies in advance if you are receiving this message twice.
During the conference, we dedicated a full afternoon to discussing the strategic direction and what it means for the work on diversity in the Wikimedia movement. Compiling the outcomes of those conversations, we summarized the key problems and solutions identified, and we created a summary statement. But the conversation is far from over! We still need to hear from diversity ambassadors: (1) what does working for diversity mean at your local context?; (2) what are the needs that should be addressed; (3) what resources are relevant for these identified needs?
We know that diversity gains meaning in context, and this is why we need to hear every voice. Please take a few minutes to go over to the diversity conversation page and add your comments.
If you’d like to stay in touch, and share your experience working for diversity with others, add your profile on our group here.
Merchandise Giveaway Nomination - Successful
Hey Moheen Reeyad
You have been successfully nominated to receive a free t-shirt from the Wikimedia Foundation through our Merchandise Giveaway program (https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Merchandise_giveaways). Congratulations and thank you for your hard work!
Please email us at merchandisegiveawaywikimedia.org and we will send you full details on how to accept your free shirt.
Help with a project
I am initiating a project to record the name of my language in all the languages present in Wikipedia. First, I encourage you to create / improve the article on the Asturian language and, on the other hand, to help me in my project I would need a man and a woman to record how it is said in your language: Asturian . Thanks in advance. - Vsuarezp (talk) 20:48, 15 November 2018 (UTC)
I noticed that you have signed up as a Wikimedia Diversity Ambassador, after the Diversity Conference held in Stockholm 2017. In August this year, Wikimania will take place in Stockholm, and our goal is to use Ambassadors to reach out to local communities, to spread the news about the conference and the outcomes afterwards. The conference theme (still to be announced) will connect closely to diversity. If you would like to be involved as a Wikimania ambassador, please sign up at the Ambassador page at the Wikimania wiki!
A first thing to do, if you would like to help out, would be to translate the scholarship page at the Wikimania wiki into the language(s) you speak!
Bengali-German Community Exchange Program
Hi Moheen, I tried to mark the pages for translation and thereby ruined your template setup. You see the translation marks now on Bengali-German Community Exchange Program. I'm sorry. Would you mind to help set the marks at the right place to enable translations? Alice Wiegand (talk) 15:51, 28 April 2019 (UTC)
You, and some other users, are getting this message because you've previously translated from English to Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil or Telugu here on Meta. The Community Engagement department at the Wikimedia Foundation is trying to get some information we think is very relevant to the Indian communities translated into these languages. If you have the time and would be willing to help out, please take a look at User:CKoerner (WMF)/Support for our communities across India, which we'll be posting as soon as possible.
Thank you. /Johan (WMF) 11:40, 17 July 2019 (UTC)
A request for help
Hi there, Moheen. I am Erica and work in the Community Engagement department at the Wikimedia Foundation. I hope all is fine with you. I am contacting you because of your experience in translating content to/from Bengali. I have a message from the Language team that I would like to deliver soon to the Wikipedia community there, and hence I would appreciate if you could translate it before. (If you can't help, please, let me know who I can ask instead, as we'd like to start conversations with all of you soon!) Thanks a lot for what you will do, and talk to you soon! Elitre (WMF) (talk) 18:19, 13 September 2019 (UTC)
WAM2019 welcomes your support!
Thank you for joining us as a Wikipedia community organizer. We would appreciate your help to get the central banner localized in your language.
You can visit here and select your language (which language you want the contents to be translated into) and then translate it.