User talk:Lyzzy

From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Contents

Welcome to Meta![edit]

أهلا Lyzzy ، ومرحبا بك في ويكيميديا ميتا ويكي! يعمل هذا الموقع على تنسيق ومناقشة كل مشاريع ويكيميديا. ربما سيكون مفيدا لك مطالعة صفحة السياسات هنا. إذا كنت مهتما بأمور الترجمة، راجع ميتا:بابلون. يمكنك أيضا ترك ملاحظة في ميتا:بابل (من فضلك راجع أولا التعليمات هناك قبل ترك الملاحظة). إذا أردت الاستفسار عن شئ ، لا تتردد في سؤالي في صفحة نقاشي. تمتع بالتحرير هنا!

Hola Lyzzy! Benvingut a la Meta-Wiki de la Fundació Wikimedia! Aquest lloc està fet per a coordinar i discutir tots els projectes de la Fundació Wikimedia. Potser us serà útil llegir la nostra pàgina de polítiques (en anglès). Si us interessen les traduccions, visiteu Meta:Babylon. També podeu deixar un missatge a Meta:Babel o al Meta:Metapub (però abans de fer-ho, llegiu les instruccions situades al principi de la pàgina). No dubteu en preguntar si teniu qualsevol dubte. Si cal ho podeu fer en la meva pàgina de discussió. Bona sort!

Vítejte, uživateli Lyzzy, a vítejte na Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! Tento server je určen pro spolupráci a diskusím ke všem projektům nadace Wikimedia. Možná si budete chtít přečíst naše pravidla. Pokud chcete spolupracovat na překladech, navštivte Meta:Babylon. Také můžete přidat příspěvek na Meta:Babel či Meta:Metapub (nejdříve si přečtěte pokyny na začátku těchto stránek). V případě potřeby se neváhejte zeptat se na mé diskusní stránce. Hodně štěstí!

Hallo, Lyzzy, und Willkommen bei Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! Diese Website ist zur Koordination und Diskussion aller Wikimedia-Projekte gedacht. Vielleicht findest du es nützlich, unsere Regelseite zu lesen. Wenn du daran interessiert bist, etwas zu übersetzen, besuche Meta:Babylon. Du kannst auch eine Notiz auf Meta:Babel oder Meta:Metapub hinterlassen (bitte lies die Anleitung am Anfang der Seite, bevor du etwas schreibst). Wenn du möchtest, kannst du mir auf meiner Diskussionseite Fragen stellen. Fröhliches Bearbeiten.

ވިކިމީޑިޔާގެ މީޓާ-ވިކީ އަށް މަރުހަބާ! މިވެބްސައިޓަކީ ވިކިމީޑިޔާގެ ހުރިހާ މަޝްރޫޢުތަކާއި ބެހޭގޮތުން ވާހަކަތައް ދެކެވި އެ މަޝްރޫޢެއް ހިންގައި ހަދާ ވެބް ސައިޓެވެ. އަޅުގަނޑުމެންގެ ޤަވާއިދުތައް ފުރަތަމަ ވިދާޅުވުމަކީ މުހިންމު ކަމެއް ކަމުގައި ދެކެމެވެ. ތަރުޖަމާކުރާ ހިތްޕުޅުވެވަޑައިގަންނަވާ ނަމަ މީޓާ:ބެބިލޯން އަށް ވަޑައިގަންނަވާށެވެ. އަދި ހަމަ އެހެންމެ މިކަމާއި ބެހޭ ލިޔުމެއް މީޓާ:ބޭބެލް ގައި ލިޔުއްވަވާށެވެ. (އެހެންނަމަވެސް އެޞަފްޙާގައި އެއްވެސް އެއްޗެއް އިތުރު ކުރެއްވުމުގެ ކުރިން އެ ޞަފްހާގެ މަތީގައިވާ ޢިބާރާތް ވިދާޅުވެލައްވާށެވެ.) މިއާއި މުދު ހިތްހަމަޖެހިވަޑައިގަންނަވާ ނަމަ އިތުރު އެހީ އަށް އެދުމަށް މި ޞަފްހާ ގައި އެދުމަށް ފަސްޖެހި ވަޑައި ނުގަންނަވާށެވެ. އުނިއިތުރު ގެނައުމުގައި އުފާވެރި ވަގުތުކޮޅެއް ހޭދަ ކޮށްލައްވާށެވެ!!

Hello Lyzzy, and welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Meta:Metapub (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). If you would like, feel free to ask me questions on my talk page. Happy editing!

Hola Lyzzy! Bienvenido a la Meta-Wiki de la Fundación Wikimedia! Este sitio es para coordinar y discutir todos los proyectos de la Fundación Wikimedia. Tal vez le sea útil leer nuestra página de políticas (en inglés). Si le interesan las traducciones, visite Meta:Babylon. También puede dejar un mensaje en Meta:Babel o Meta:Metapub (pero antes de hacerlo, por favor lea las instrucciones situadas en lo alto de la página). No dude en preguntar si tiene cualquiera duda, o pregunte en mi página de discusión. Buena suerte!

Hei Lyzzy, ja tervetuloa Wikimedian Meta-Wikiin! Tämä nettisivusto on kaikkien Wikimedia-säätiön projektien koordinointia ja keskustelua varten. Saattaa olla hyödyllistä lukea käytäntömme. Jos olet kiinnostunut käännöksistä, käy Meta:Babylon-sivulla. Voit myöskin jättää huomautuksen Meta:Babel, Meta:Metapub -sivulle (ole hyvä ja lue ohjeet sivun yläosassa ennenkuin kirjoitat sinne). Jos haluat, saat vapaasti kysyä minulta kysymyksiä keskustelusivullani. Iloisia muokkaushetkiä!

Bonjour Lyzzy, et bienvenue sur le Meta-Wiki de Wikimédia ! Ce site a pour but de coordonner et discuter de l’ensemble des projets Wikimédia. Il vous sera utile de consulter notre page sur les règles de Wikimédia. Si vous êtes intéressé par des projets de traduction, visitez Meta:Babylon. Vous pouvez aussi laisser un message sur Meta:Babel ou Meta:Metapub (mais veuillez d’abord lire les instructions en haut de cette page avant d’y poster votre message). Si vous le voulez, vous pouvez me poser vos questions sur ma page de discussion. À bientôt !

נכתב בלשון זכר למען הנוחות
היי Lyzzy, וברוך בואך ל- ויקימדיה מטא-ויקי! אתר זה נועד בכדי לתאם פעולות ולדון בפרויקטים של וויקימדיה. יש להניח שדפי המדיניות שלנו יהיו שימושיים עבורך. אם הנך מעוניין לבצע עבודות תרגום, בקר ב-Meta:Babylon. תוכל גם להשאיר הערה ב-Meta:Babel, Meta:Metapub, (אנא קרא את ההוראות בראש הדף לפני כתיבה שם). אם תרצה, הרגש חופשי לרשום לי שאלות בדף השיחה שלי. עריכה נעימה!

Helló Lyzzy, és üdv a Wikimedia Meta-Wikijén! Ez a weboldal az összes Wikimedia projektet érintő ügyek megtárgyalására és koordinálására szolgál. Hasznosnak találhatod elolvasni az irányelveinket (angolul). Ha szeretnél fordításokat végezni, látogasd meg a Meta:Babylon-t, vagy a Meta:Babel, Meta:Metapub, oldalon hagyhatsz üzenetet (mielőtt ide írsz kérlek olvasd el a lap tetején található utasításokat). Ha szeretnél, nyugodtan kérdezz tőlem a vitalapomon. Jó szerkesztést és tartalmas szórakozást! Jó szerkesztést és tartalmas szórakozást!

Halló Lyzzy, vertu velkomin(n) á Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! Þessi síða er til að ræða saman um öll Wikimedia-verkefni og samhæfa þau. Kannski finnst þér gagnlegt að lesa stefnusíðuna. Hafir þú áhuga á þýðingum er Meta:Babylon rétti staðurinn. Þú mátt skrifast á við okkur í Meta:Babel eða Meta:Metapub (vinsamlegast lestu notkunarreglurnar áður en þú breytir síðunni). Hikaðu ekki við að hafa samband við mig á spjallsíðu minni ef þú hefur einhverjar spurningar. Gangi þér vel!

Halo Lyzzy, dan selamat datang di Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! Situs web ini berperan sebagai tempat koordinasi dan diskusi mengenai seluruh proyek-proyek Wikimedia. Mungkin akan bermanfaat bagi Anda untuk membaca halaman kebijakan kami. Jika Anda tertarik untuk melakukan penerjemahan, kunjungi Meta:Babylon. Anda juga dapat meninggalkan pesan di Meta:Babel atau Meta:Metapub (bacalah petunjuk di bagian atas halaman tersebut sebelum meninggalkan pesan di sana). Jika perlu, Anda dapat bertanya kepada saya di halaman pembicaraan (talk page) saya. Selamat menyunting!

Ciao Lyzzy! Benvenuto sulla Meta-Wiki della Wikimedia Foundation! Questo sito serve a coordinare e discutere di tutti i progetti della Wikimedia Foundation. Potrebbe esserti utile leggere le nostre policy (in inglese). Se sei interessato a fare traduzioni, visita Meta:Babylon. Puoi anche lasciare un messaggio su Meta:Babel o Meta:Metapub (ma per favore, leggi le istruzioni che si trovano all'inizio della pagina prima di scrivere). Se vuoi, puoi lasciarmi un messagio nella mia pagina di discussione. Buona fortuna!

Lyzzyさん、ウィキメディア メタ・ウィキへようこそ!このサイトは、ウィキメディアのプロジェクト間の調整や話し合いを目的としています。もしよろしければ、ポリシーページを是非ご一読下さい。もし翻訳に興味をお持ちなら、Meta:Babylonをご覧下さい。Meta:Babel, Meta:Metapub にメッセージを投稿していただくことも可能です(投稿前にページ上部の説明をお読み下さい)。もしよろしければ私のノートページに質問をお寄せ下さい。

Lyzzy님, Wikimedia Meta-Wiki에 회원가입하신 것을 환영합니다! 이 사이트는 모든 위키미디어 프로젝트들 간의 상호조정(coordinate)과 토론을 위한 공간입니다. 우리의 정책을 보면, 도움이 되실 겁니다. 만약 번역에 관심이 있으시다면, Meta:Babylon을 방문해 보세요. 또한 Meta:Babel, Meta:Metapub 을 사용하실 수도 있습니다. (사용하시기 전에 바벨의 사용설명란을 먼저 읽어주세요). 만약 궁금한 것이 있으시면, talk page에 질문을 올려주세요. 즐거운 편집이 되시길 바랍니다!

Hai Lyzzy, dan selamat datang ke Meta-Wiki Wikimedia! Laman web ini adalah untuk mengkoordinasikan dan membincangkan segala Projek-projek Wikimedia. Anda boleh mendapati bahawa membaca laman polisi kita adalah berfaedah. Jika anda berminat dalam membuat penterjemahan, sila melawat Meta:Babylon. Anda juga boleh meninggalkan pesanan di Meta:Babel atau Meta:Metapub (sila baca panduan di atas laman yang berkenaan sebelum meninggalkan pesanan). Jika anda mahu, tanyalah soalan di laman perbualan saya. Selamat menyunting!

Hallo Lyzzy, en welkom op de Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! Deze website is voor het coördineren en bespreken van alle Wikimedia-projecten. Waarschijnlijk vind je het handig om onze beleidpagina te lezen. Als je geïnteresseerd bent in het vertalen van teksten, ga da naar Meta:Babylon. Je kunt ook een bericht achterlaten op Meta:Babel of Meta:Metapub (lees wel de instructies aan het begin van de pagina voordat je een bericht achterlaat). Als je nog vragen hebt stel ze me dan op mijn overlegpagina. Veel plezier met bewerken!

Hei Lyzzy, og velkommen til Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! Denne siden er til for å diskutere og samordne alle Wikimediaprosjektene. Vil du vite mer om siden, kan vår policy-side komme til nytte. Er du interessert i å hjelpe til med oversettelser, besøk Meta:Babylon. Du kan også legge igjen en beskjed på Meta:Babel, Meta:Metapub (vær vennlig og les instruksjonene øverst på siden før du skriver noe der). Hvis du vil, er du velkommen til å stille spørsmål på min diskusjonsside. God redigering!

Cześć Lyzzy i witaj w projekcie Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! Ta strona została stworzona do koordynacji i dyskusji nad wszystkimi projektami Fundacji Wikimedia. Proszę Cię o przeczytanie naszych zasad. Jeżeli chcesz się zając tłumaczeniem stron, odwiedź Meta:Babylon. Możesz również zostawić notkę na stronie Meta:Babel, Meta:Metapub, (proszę jednak, abyś najpierw przeczytał instrukcje na górze tej strony). Jeżeli będziesz potrzebował pomocy zostaw komentarz na mojej stronie dyskusji. Miłego edytowania!

Olá Lyzzy! Seja bem-vindo ao Meta! Este site/sítio é dedicado à discussão e à coordenação de todos os demais projetos da Fundação Wikimedia. Talvez lhe seja útil ler a página contendo a nossa política (em inglês) antes de começar a editar. Se tiver dúvidas, sinta-se à vontade para me fazer perguntas em minha página de discussão, ou deixe uma mensagem para toda a comunidade na Babel, Meta:Metapub, a versão do Meta da Esplanada. Boa sorte!

Ciao Lyzzy, şi bine aţi venit la Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! Acest website este pentru coordonarea şi discuţiile tuturor proiectelor Wikimedia. Este folositor să citiţi pagina despre politica noastră.. Dacă sunteţi interesaţi de traducere, vizita-ţi Meta:Babylon. De asemenea puteţi lasa o notă pe Meta:Babel, Meta:Metapub, (vă rugăm citiţi instrucţiunile de la începutul paginii înainte de a posta acolo). Dacă ai întrebări, nu ezita să mă întrebi pe pagina mea de discuţii talk page. Editare cu succes!

Здравствуйте, Lyzzy, и добро пожаловать на Мета-вики фонда Викимедиа! Этот сайт предназначен для координации и обсуждения вопросов, связанных со всеми проектами фонда. Для начала предлагаю ознакомиться с правилами этого проекта. Если Вы заинтересованы в работе над переводами страниц Мета-вики и других материалов, посетите Meta:Babylon. Вы также можете обсудить различные вопросы на странице Meta:Babel или Meta:Metapub (пожалуйста, ознакомьтесь с инструкцией сверху, прежде чем писать). Если возникнут вопросы, не бойтесь задавать их мне на моей странице обсуждения. Удачи!

Tjeta Lyzzy, dhe mirësevin në Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! Ky vënd i rrjetës është për të koordinuar dhe diskutuar çdo projekt të Wikimediës. Mund ta gjësh të dobishme faqet e politikës sonë. Në qoftë se je duke interesuar në përkthime, vizitò Meta:Babylon. Mund të lësh një shënim në Meta:Babel ose Meta:Metapub (të lutem të lexosh përdorimet në fillim të fletës para se të postosh atje). Në qoftë se do, ndihu i/e lirë të më bsh pyetje në faqen time të diskutimit. Të auguroj një redaktim të këndshëm!

Здраво Lyzzy, и добро дошли на Викимедијин мета-вики! Овај сајт служи за координацију и дискусију око Викимедијиних пројеката. Вероватно ће Вам бити корисно да прочитате наше странице везане за политику рада. Ако сте заинтересовани за превођење, посетите Meta:Babylon. Можете такође и оставити поруку на страници Meta:Babel, Meta:Metapub (молимо погледајте упутства на врху те странице пре него што пошаљете свој коментар тамо). Ако имате неко питање, можете да ми поставите на мојој страници за разговор. Срећно уређивање!

Hej Lyzzy, och välkommen till Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! Meta är till för att diskutera och samordna alla Wikimedias projekt. Vill du veta mer om webbplatsen, kan vår policy-sida komma väl till pass. Är du intresserad av att hjälpa till med översättningar, besök Meta:Babylon. Du kan skriva diskussionsinlägg på Meta:Babel eller Meta:Metapub (läs instruktionerna överst på sidan innan du skriver något där). Om du vill, är du välkommen att ställa frågor på min diskussionssida. Lycka till med redigerandet!

வணக்கம் Lyzzy, விக்கிமீடியா மேல்விக்கி! இற்கு நல்வரவு. இவ்விணையத்தளமானது கூட்டாகச் சேர்ந்து விடயங்களை விவாதிப்பதற்கென உருவாக்கப் பட்டது. விக்கித்திட்டங்கள். நீங்கள் எங்களின் பாலிசிகளையும் பாலிசி பக்கம் படித்தறியலாம். நீங்கள் மொழிபெயர்பில் ஆர்வமுடையவராகின், Meta:Babylon ஐப் பார்வையிடவும். நீங்கள் Meta:Babel, Meta:Metapub இல் குறிப்பொன்றையும் விட்டுச் செல்லலாம். (பக்கத்தின் மேலேயிருக்கும் அறிவுறுத்தல்களை வாசித்தபின்னரே அங்கே செய்திகளை இடவும்). நீங்கள் விரும்பினால் எனது பக்கத்தில் செய்தியொன்றை விடவும் talk page. உங்கள் ஆக்கங்களை வரவேற்கின்றோம்!

Lyzzy, 你好!歡迎光臨維基媒體元維基!這個網站是為協調和討論所有維基媒體項目而設。我們的政策頁可能對您有用。如果您有興趣協助翻譯工作, 請參觀Meta:Babylon。你可在 Meta:Babel, Meta:Metapub 留下口訊 (張貼之前請先讀該頁上指示)。若有問題, 請在我的討論頁問我 。祝
編安!

--Olando 13:57, 11 November 2007 (UTC)

Hauptseite[edit]

Hallo Lyzzy, ich möchte endlich einmal die Gelegenheit ergreifen und mich bei Dir dafür bedanken, daß Du Dich im vergangenen Jahr um die Hauptseite gekümmert hast. Vorher war die Situation fast schon als peinlich zu bezeichnen. Ich hatte eigentlich vor etwas daran zu ändern, bin aber leider nicht dazu gekommen. Habe nochmals vielen Dank für Deine Arbeit. Zudem möchte ich Dir ein schönes wie gesundes neues Jahr wünschen. Viele Grüße --Marbot 18:04, 4 January 2008 (UTC)

Hallo Marbot, hier auf Meta weiß man nie genau, ob Änderungen überhaupt bemerkt werden. Schön, dass es doch so ist. Gruß --Lyzzy 15:27, 6 February 2008 (UTC)
Hallo Lyzzy, ich bin davon überzeugt, daß die allermeisten Änderungen auch hier bemerkt werden. Es ist vermutlich wie im richtigen Leben: Zehn Leuten fällt es auf und einer sagt oder schreibt was dazu. Ich hab Dir gerne eine Freude gemacht, denn es tut einfach gut! Viele Grüße --Marbot 17:23, 11 February 2008 (UTC)

Translation teams/de[edit]

Moin! Hast du dich daran interessirt? Da bitte mal spreche mit user:Manecke oder user:Elvis! Oder hast du schon sie kennengelernt? Gruss, --Aphaia 18:55, 11 February 2008 (UTC)

Award[edit]

So etwa dachte ich mir das… Oder? LG --Frank Schulenburg 14:23, 10 September 2008 (UTC)

OTRS for Esperanto ("info-eo")[edit]

Hi there.

I'd like to start an OTRS queue in the Esperanto language. (According to the page OTRS, you are one to contact about it.) I am an administrator in the Esperanto Wikipedia, and I am monitoring and cleaning up the images there. Some of the people I contact, our only common language is Esperanto. Is this something you could please set up? Thanks... -- Yekrats 17:07, 20 October 2009 (UTC)

Movement roles project Initial Questions[edit]

Hi Alice as promised here you are my answers: Movement roles/Initial Questions/Responses/Gomà.--Gomà 11:04, 2 November 2010 (UTC)

Danke, wollte Dich gerade fragen ob du die lizenz hinzufügen kannst :D --WizardOfOz talk 21:57, 1 December 2010 (UTC)

A barnstar for you![edit]

This barnstar is given to you for your help with the 2011 fundraiser translation.

Hi! I just want to thank you and give you this barnstar for your help with the translation of the 2011 fundraiser! The fundraiser was the best we ever had, both in terms of the amount we collected and in terms of number of translations. We couldn't have done either one without the help we got from you and other translators. If you are interested, we made a report, which has some statistics about the translations.

And: I have one more request, and that is that you take this survey. You may have got an e-mail about it, and if you did, please ignore this. But if you didn't it would be great if you would take this survey too, so we can learn to improve the translation experience.

Again, thanks for your help with translations – you're awesome! Jon Harald Søby (WMF) 13:32, 24 January 2012 (UTC)

Admin[edit]

Hi Lyzzy, habe dir soeben den Mop gegeben, nachdem ich alles erstmal in Ordnung gebracht habe. Das Flag wird dir am 31. März 2012 wieder entzogen, siehe hier. Wenn du irgendwelche Fragen hast, einfach bescheid geben. Gruß, -Barras talk 15:30, 20 February 2012 (UTC)

Super, danke! Tut mir leid für das Chaos. --lyzzy (talk) 15:31, 20 February 2012 (UTC)
Kein Problem, passt ja jetzt alles wieder. -Barras talk 15:35, 20 February 2012 (UTC)

Indonesian story[edit]

I reread Siska's report from 2010, Chapter_and_Wikimedia_Project_Primary_Challenges -- it's really quite excellent. And I liked the WM-ID memo on strategy/chapters-council best of all the published comments. We should all be referring to these ideas more often. SJ talk  18:53, 3 April 2012 (UTC)

Your thoughts on the FDC recommendation to the board[edit]

Hi Lyzzy,

I’m a consultant on the Bridgespan Team, working with the Wikimedia community to develop the Funds Dissemination process for the Wikimedia movement. We’re in the process of drafting the recommendations that Sue will give the Board of Trustees on what the FDC and the Funds Dissemination process will look like. As we do this, we’re seeking community input on the draft, and on the process more broadly. From your experience with the movement, you’d be a great person to provide thoughts on the draft recommendation, if you’d be willing to share them. It would be great if you could take a look at the latest draft proposal and provide any input that you have. Or, if you’d rather talk over your thoughts, I’d be happy to do a call with you – you can leave a message on my talk page or email me if you’d prefer that!

Thanks in advance!

Meerachary TBG (talk) 22:20, 17 May 2012 (UTC)

Great meeting you at Wikimania[edit]

And looking forwards to collaborating on the Travel Sister project initiative. Doc James (talk · contribs · email) 11:47, 15 July 2012 (UTC)

Hey Lyzzy we are getting more press here [1] Doc James (talk · contribs · email) 20:33, 16 July 2012 (UTC)

Thank you[edit]

I wanted to thank you for being generally just very helpful and on the ball. :) Specifically, I'm thinking of your assistance with communicating about mobile feedback issues with the German OTRS team and keeping this current to improve feedback from the German community. I understand you've also begun spreading the word individually there. Thank you for all you do. --Maggie Dennis (WMF) (talk) 14:29, 2 September 2012 (UTC)

Translation of Guidelines on conflict of interest[edit]

Thank you for your work on translating this. :) I've placed on the talk page the text of a professional translation. I think we all know that translations from within the community are typically much better than those prepared by people who do not understand us or our work, but I thought it possible that the professional translation (one of a suite commissioned) might be used to supplement what we have, since it says it needs updating, so we can get it published on the WMF wiki. If you have time and interest to compare the documents to see what might be usable, that would be very much appreciated. (I am also asking User:Niklas 555 and User:Pajz if they are able to take a look.) If you don't, of course, I understand completely. I just thought to ask. :) --Maggie Dennis (WMF) (talk) 13:44, 15 January 2013 (UTC)

Frage zu OTRS[edit]

Hallo Lyzzy, ich habe mal eine Frage zu OTRS: Zu welchem Bild bzw. zu welcher Quelle gehört {{PermissionOTRS|id=2011020410004955}}? Es wurde seinerzeit hier eingestellt. Jetzt habe ich es zu diesem Bild verschoben, in der Annahme daß es so richtig ist. Danke im Voraus --Botaurus (talk) 14:54, 20 February 2013 (UTC)

Der Text in der Notiz (siehe dein Diff-Link) stammt aus der Mail an das OTRS, das Ticket bezieht sich auf die Londoner Version. Hilft dir das weiter? Alice Wiegand (talk) 15:06, 20 February 2013 (UTC)
Wenn ich das jetzt richtig verstehe, handelt es sich also nicht um eine Freigabe seitens der National Gallery London (das Bild ist ja ohnehin frei), sondern nur um die Erkenntisse oder Weisheiten eines Users zu diesem Bild, wegen der nicht passenden Bildbeschreibung? Und der hat das dann als OTRS-Ticket losgeschickt? --Botaurus (talk) 18:11, 20 February 2013 (UTC)

Simple fix[edit]

Hi Lyzzy - sorry I didn't see your message earlier. It was quite a simple fix actually! Thehelpfulone 21:16, 10 April 2013 (UTC)

Thanks a lot, it's so confusing that our own projects are not consistent in dealing with templates. --Alice Wiegand (talk) 07:36, 11 April 2013 (UTC)

Personal and Moral Rights?[edit]

In a discussion with Jimmy Wales on the moral rights of the photographers and the personal rights of the subjects, he said "I think that the commons community has gone down a very sad and disappointing path with respect to ethical matters. My views on this are not new, and are well known. Our project is a grand humanitarian effort. That it has been hijacked by people who do not share our values is something that needs to be fixed."

We further requested him to bring this matter to the attention of WMF and make a resolution or something to force Commons make enough policies to protect our rights as a photographer and our commitments to our subjects. He replied: "I am just one board member on this issue. I will continue to call this to the attention of the board and staff, but I need help from the community to illustrate that this is a problem that concerns many of us."

So we would like to bring that discussion to the attention of every member on board. JKadavoor Jee 11:06, 29 July 2013 (UTC)

Since our last meeting there's an amendment of the resolution http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:Media_about_living_people Alice Wiegand (talk) 10:56, 9 December 2013 (UTC)


Privacy_Policy_—_Information_We_Collect_:_proposed_disclosure_is_misleadingly_incomplete[edit]

Apropos Wikimedia_Foundation_Board_noticeboard#Privacy_Policy_.E2.80.94_Information_We_Collect_:_proposed_disclosure_is_misleadingly_incomplete: I understand that privacy is taken more seriously in the EU than the US; I'm no expert, but if I recall correctly the concern I raise is more critical there, in that a site must disclose what information it will be collecting per EU law. Please share your thoughts on the panopticlick browser sniffing disclosure issue I raise and on the EU angle.--Elvey (talk) 06:53, 6 May 2014 (UTC)

BoT questions[edit]

Hi Alice,

I've left you a note on :de, but since you haven't reacted yet I'm trying here (hopefully you get email notifications for changes to this talk page). There is a couple of questions awaiting your answer(s) here. Thanks, Popo le Chien (talk) 19:47, 21 May 2014 (UTC)

Hi Popo le Chien, I've noticed it but due to professional and other obligations I couldn't answer yet. Will try to follow up in the next days. Alice Wiegand (talk) 19:50, 21 May 2014 (UTC)

Why Did You Support Granting Private Information of Editors to Anonymous Administrators?[edit]

Dear Ms. Wiegand,

I am dismayed that you and the rest of the board of trustees approved an "Access to No-Public Information" policy that allows totally anonymous administrators on the English and all the other Wikipedias to see the IPs and other potentially personally-identifying information (browser version, settings) of volunteer editors. Even though not usually immediately identifying in itself, this information can obviously be used as a stepladder to identifying through tools like Geolocate and TraceIP, as well as supporting indicators in websearching other clues from the editor's edit history.

Would you please inform me the factors that led to your support of the non-identification revision to the policy? Why would you have done this?

For your reference (https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Access_to_nonpublic_data_policy) "[t]his policy has been replaced by a new Access to non public information policy, which was approved by the Board of Trustees on 25 April 2014."

I don't deny that Wikipedia's administrative participants in some cases do constructive work, in policing clear vandalism for example, or reporting to the WMF the rare cases of threats of violence. But access to personally-identifying information is not needed for that. If there are cases where volunteer administrative participants do somehow need that information, it should be entrusted to identified individuals, not anonymous usernames like "Wizardman" and "Beeblebrox" and "Dord" and so forth. Authorizing checkuser and the other tools to anonymous participants is going to attract, and has attracted, exactly the wrong kind of individuals. It's emboldening, frankly, creepers and cyberbullies. And those who participate in Wikipedia as if it were an online computer roleplaying game, without regard to the fact that those they choose to sniff and snoop (and pursue) are actually people as opposed to a computer game's NPCs (non-player characters).

Have you ever been snooped and sniffed, cyberbullied, websearched, by some creep online? I have, and it's not nice. I think if you'd been treated that way, and really understood the reality of the cyberbully culture, that you'd stand up now and reverse your support of the WMF's granting of these invasive privacy-violating tools to wholly anonymous and thus unaccountable administrative participants. Is that what it's going to take for you to change your mind? Somebody has to do it to you?

Please respond as to why you supported granting access to IP-invasive and potentially personally-identifying tools like checkuser to anonymous administrative participants.

Colton Cosmic (talk) 15:26, 12 July 2014 (UTC)

Superschutz-Benutzer[edit]

Hallo Alice,

ich würde es begrüßen, wenn Du die unvermittlte Einführung des "Superschutz-Benutzers" (WMF-Mitarbeiter können Seiten selbst vor Bearbeitungen durch lokale, gewählte Admins schützen) im Board kritisch ansprechen würdest. Die Einführung bringt imho das Gefüge zwischen Community und WMF aus dem langjährigen Gleichgewicht, in dem nicht mehr allein auf die lokalen Selbstregulierungskräfte und Kommunikationsprozesse sondern auf Hierarchie und Kontrolle gesetzt wird. Das ist imho eine sehr ungünstige und kurzsichtige Entwicklung die zu sehr viel Frust und Unmut geführt hat und führen wird. Vielen Dank und Grüße --Superbass (talk) 22:55, 11 August 2014 (UTC)

+1.--Aschmidt (talk) 06:52, 12 August 2014 (UTC)

Invitation[edit]

A gummi bear holding a sign that says "Thank you"
Thank you for using VisualEditor and sharing your ideas with the developers. My apologies if you're getting this message more than once, and/or not in your favorite language.

Hello, Lyzzy,

I am contacting you because you have left feedback about VisualEditor at pages like mw:VisualEditor/Feedback in the past. The Editing team is now asking for your help with VisualEditor. Please tell them what they need to change to make VisualEditor work well for you. The team has a list of top-priority problems, but they also want to hear about small problems. These problems may make editing less fun, take too much of your time, or be as annoying as a paper cut. The Editing team wants to hear about and try to fix these small things, too. 

You can share your thoughts by clicking this link. You may respond to this quick, simple, anonymous survey in your own language. If you take the survey, then you agree your responses may be used in accordance with these terms. This survey is powered by Qualtrics and their use of your information is governed by their privacy policy.

More information (including a translatable list of the questions) is posted on wiki at mw:VisualEditor/Survey 2015. If you have questions, or prefer to respond on-wiki, then please leave a message on the survey's talk page.


Thank you, Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 17:40, 3 April 2015 (UTC)

Ready for translation: VisualEditor News #2—2015[edit]

VisualEditor-logo-pacifico.svg

Hi! This is an invitation to join translators working on the April's issue of the VisualEditor monthly newsletter, which will be widely delivered towards the end of next week. The previous bulletin was published in 26 languages—the translation was completed only for ten of them. Will we do better this month? We'd like to reach many more communities in their own language this time, as VE recently became the main editor at other 50+ Wikipedias, and we're announcing interesting developments (auto-fill features for citations, improved special character inserter, drag and drop for categories, invisible templates now marked by a puzzle piece icon, and more). Thanks a lot for your help! Elitre (WMF) 22:38, 4 April 2015 (UTC)

PS: Here are some instructions. Please go to the translation page: your language should be available from the drop-down menu on the right. Once you've selected it, you'll see the document in English side by side with any translation work already done in your language. You can add new translations or modify existing ones. If you need further help or would like to change the page where you're notified of future translations, please contact me directly.

Requests for comments on Wikimedia user groups approval process and agreements[edit]

Affiliations Committee logo.svg

This is an update from the Wikimedia Affiliations Committee. Translations are available.

The Wikimedia Affiliations Committee is requesting comments on the approval process and agreements for Wikimedia user groups.

Wikimedia user groups are groups of Wikimedia users who support and promote the Wikimedia projects in the offline world by organizing meetups and other projects. The Wikimedia Affiliations Committee's responsibilities include approval of new Wikimedia user groups.

The committee will seek community input until Friday, May 1, 2015. The committee will then review the community's input, and publish the new process and agreements on Meta-Wiki. The committee will again seek community input approximately six months after any changes are adopted to gauge effectiveness and if any additional changes are necessary.

Please see the RFC page on Meta-Wiki for more information and to provide feedback.

Thank you - Wikimedia Affiliations Committee

Posted by MediaWiki message delivery on behalf of the Affiliations Committee, 04:16, 24 April 2015 (UTC) • TranslateGet helpSubscribe or unsubscribe.

Another barnstar for you![edit]

You know why :p

--Vituzzu (talk) 20:11, 5 May 2015 (UTC)

WMF board resolution on user rights process[edit]

Please urgently get this topic/resolution scheduled for a meeting, discussed and voted; and express your opinions on the noticeboard. Thanks for your work, Nemo 20:57, 8 May 2015 (UTC)

Ready for translation: VisualEditor News #3—2015[edit]

VisualEditor-logo-pacifico.svg

Hi! This is an invitation to join translators working on the June's issue of the VisualEditor multilingual newsletter, which will be widely delivered at the end of this workweek. You may have noticed that the bulletin is now getting published once every two months more or less, but we're keeping the length manageable ;) Thanks a lot for your help! — Elitre (WMF) 17:41, 8 June 2015 (UTC)

PS: Here are some instructions. Please go to the translation page: your language should be available from the drop-down menu on the right. Once you've selected it, you'll see the document in English side by side with any translation work already done in your language. You can add new translations or modify existing ones. If you need further help or would like to change the page where you're notified of future translations, please contact me directly.

PPS: Also, watch out for announcements of the upcoming VE-translathon! Everybody getting this message will be particularly welcome to join that activity during Wikimania.

Early invitation: join VisualEditor's 2015 Translathon[edit]

VisualEditor-logo-pacifico.svg

Hello!

You are invited to join the 2nd edition of the VisualEditor Translathon! It is a translation rally, focused on interface messages and help pages related to VisualEditor.

In order to participate, you need to sign up on the Translathon page. The top 3 contributors will each win a Wikipedia t-shirt of their choice from the Wikipedia store.[1] Translations made between July 15th and July 19th (CDT time zone) qualify.[2]

If you are attending Wikimania Mexico this year, you are also welcome to join a related sprint during the Hackathon in Workplace 1 - Don Américo, Thursday 16 July at 4:00 p.m (CDT) at the conference venue, so you can meet other fellow translators and get support if you need some.

Interface messages have the priority. You will need to create an account at translatewiki.net in order to work on them, if you don't have one. It is recommended to create the account ASAP, so that it can be manually confirmed in time.

You can also help translate documentation pages about VisualEditor on mediawiki.org. You can use your Wikipedia account there. You will find instructions, links and other details on the Translathon page.

Thanks for your attention, and happy translating! Elitre (WMF) 02:59, 11 July 2015 (UTC)

  1. You can choose between any short-sleeve shirt, or other items for the same value.
  2. This means both new translations, and updates for messages in the "Outdated" tab of the translation interface.

Ready for translation: VisualEditor News #4—2015[edit]

VisualEditor-logo-pacifico.svg

Hi! This is an invitation to join translators working on the August's issue of the VisualEditor multilingual newsletter, which will be widely delivered at the end of this workweek. Among other things, this month it features the names of the top contributors for the recent VisualEditor 2nd Translathon. Thanks a lot for your support, as usual! Elitre (WMF), 16:49, 10 August 2015 (UTC)

PS: Here are some instructions. Please go to the translation page: your language should be available from the drop-down menu on the right. Once you've selected it, you'll see the document in English side by side with any translation work already done in your language. You can add new translations or modify existing ones.
PPS: We are maintaining a list of editors who have worked on VE-related content (such as newsletters). We only use it to notify them of translation opportunities, to make sure they don't miss Translathons, etc. If you would like messages like this one to be delivered on your talk page at a different WMF project, need any help with translations related to VisualEditor or would like to remove your name from that list, please contact me directly.

Thank you! A gift from fellow Wikipedians[edit]

Hi Lyzzy

You have been nominated to receive a free t-shirt from the Wikimedia Foundation through our Merchandise Giveaway program (https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Merchandise_giveaways). Congratulations and thank you for your hard work!

Please email us at merchandise@wikimedia.org and we will send you full details on how to accept your free shirt.

Thanks!

Please sign new Wikimedia confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information by 31 December[edit]

This is a message from the Wikimedia Foundation. Translations are available.

Wikimedia Foundation logo - vertical (2012-2016).svg

As you may know, the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees approved a new "Access to nonpublic information policy" on 25 April 2014 after a community consultation. The former policy has remained in place until the new policy could be implemented. That implementation work is now being done, and we are beginning the transition to the new policy.

An important part of that transition is helping volunteers like you sign the required confidentiality agreement. All Wikimedia volunteers with access to nonpublic information are required to sign this new agreement, and we have prepared some documentation to help you do so.

The Wikimedia Foundation is requiring that OTRS volunteers sign the new confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015 to retain their access. You are receiving this email because you have been identified as an OTRS volunteer and are required to sign the confidentiality agreement under the new policy. If you do not sign the new confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015, you will lose your OTRS access. OTRS volunteers have a specific agreement available, if you have recently signed the general confidentiality agreement for another role (such as CheckUser or Oversight), you do not need to sign the general agreement again, but you will still need to sign the OTRS agreement.

Signing the confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information is conducted and tracked using Legalpad on Phabricator. We have prepared a guide on Meta-Wiki to help you create your Phabricator account and sign the new agreement: Confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information/How to sign

If you have any questions or experience any problems while signing the new agreement, please visit this talk page or email me (gvarnum(_AT_)wikimedia.org). Again, please sign this confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015 to retain your OTRS access. If you do not wish to retain this access, please let me know and we will forward your request to the appropriate individuals.

Thank you,
Gregory Varnum (User:GVarnum-WMF), Wikimedia Foundation

Posted by the MediaWiki message delivery 21:20, 28 September 2015 (UTC) • TranslateGet help

Ready for translation: VisualEditor News #5—2015[edit]

VisualEditor-logo-pacifico.svg

Hi! This is an invitation to join translators working on the October's issue of the VisualEditor multilingual newsletter, which will be widely delivered at the end of this workweek. Thanks a lot for your support, as usual! Elitre (WMF), 18:00, 26 October 2015 (UTC)

PS: Here are some instructions. Please go to the translation page: your language should be available from the drop-down menu on the right. Once you've selected it, you'll see the document in English side by side with any translation work already done in your language. You can add new translations or modify existing ones.
PPS: We are maintaining a list of editors who have worked on VE-related content (such as newsletters). We only use it to notify them of translation opportunities, to make sure they don't miss Translathons, etc. If you would like messages like this one to be delivered on your talk page at a different WMF project, need any help with translations related to VisualEditor or would like to remove your name from that list, please contact me directly.

Introducing the Wikimedia Affiliates mailing list[edit]

Affiliations Committee logo.svg

This is an update from the Wikimedia Affiliations Committee. Translations are available.

The Wikimedia Affiliations Committee is pleased to introduce the launch of the Wikimedia Affiliates mailing list, which is basically a place for all the affiliates (chapters, thematic organizations, user groups) to discuss issues related to affiliates, make announcements to other affiliates, and collaborate on activities and community-wide events. The idea is to help facilitate the dialogue affiliates across our movement, plus collaborative discussions like community-wide activities, joint edit-a-thons, regional conferences, blog/report posts, or other communications from affiliates.

Each Wikimedia movement affiliate is allocated three spots on the mailing list. All affiliates may contact the Affiliations Committee to request additional spots if needed.

Please find a bit more information on Meta-Wiki and do not hesitate to contact the Affiliations Committee if you have further questions.

Thank you - Wikimedia Affiliations Committee

Posted by MediaWiki message delivery on behalf of the Affiliations Committee, 07:51, 27 October 2015 (UTC) • TranslateGet helpSubscribe or unsubscribe.

2015 Affiliations Committee call for candidates[edit]

This is an update from the Wikimedia Affiliations Committee. Translations are available.

Affiliations Committee logo.svg

The Affiliations Committee – the committee responsible for guiding volunteers in establishing Wikimedia chapters, thematic organizations, and user groups – is looking for new members!

The main role of the Affiliations Committee is to guide groups of volunteers that are interested in forming Wikimedia affiliates. We review applications from new groups, answer questions and provide advice about the different Wikimedia affiliation models and processes, review affiliate bylaws for compliance with requirements and best practices, and advise the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees on issues connected to chapters, thematic organizations and Wikimedia user groups.

The committee consists of twelve members, six of whom are selected every twelve months for staggered two-year terms.

Key skills

Being a part of the Affiliations Committee requires communication with volunteers all over the world, negotiating skills, cultural sensitivity, and the ability to understand legal texts. We try to get a healthy mix of different skill sets in our members. The key skills and experience that we look for in candidates are:

  • Excitement by the challenge of helping to empower groups of volunteers worldwide.
  • Willingness to process applications through a set, perhaps bureaucratic process.
  • Readiness to participate in political discussions on the role and future of affiliates, models of affiliations, and similar questions.
  • Availability of up to 5 hours per week, and the time to participate in a monthly ~2 hour voice/video meeting.
  • International orientation.
  • Very good communication skills in English.
  • Ability to work and communicate with other languages and cultures.
  • Strong understanding of the structure and work of affiliates and the WMF.
  • Knowledge of different legal systems and experience in community building and organising are a plus.
  • Effective communication skills in other languages are a major plus.
  • Experience with or in an active affiliate is a major plus.
  • Willingness to use one's real name in committee activities (including contacts with current and potential affiliates) when appropriate.

We are looking for people who are not afraid of the workload and are motivated by helping other volunteers to get organized and form communities that further our mission around the world.

Selection process

As a reflection of our commitment to openness, transparency, and bilateral engagement with the Wikimedia community, the 2015 member selection process will include a public review and comment period. All applications received by the committee will be posted on Meta (at Affiliations Committee/Candidates/2015), and the community will be invited to provide comments and feedback about each candidate.

At the end of the public comment period, the applications will be voted on by the members of the committee who are not seeking re-election, taking into account comments put forward by the committee's members, advisors, WMF staff and board liaisons, and the community. A final decision will be made by mid-January 2016, with new members expected to join later that month.

How to apply

If you are interested in joining the committee, please send an application to affcom@lists.wikimedia.org by 31 December 2015. You will get a confirmation that your application was received.

Your application should include the following:

  • Your full name
  • Your contact information (including e-mail address and username)
  • A statement describing your relevant experience, skills, and motivation for joining the committee.

Your statement will be published for community review and feedback, so please do not include any information that you are not comfortable sharing.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me and/or the committee as a whole. We are happy to chat or have a phone call with anyone about our work if this helps them decide to apply. Please distribute this call among your networks, and do apply if you are interested!

Best regards,
Carlos Colina
Chair, Affiliations Committee

Posted by MediaWiki message delivery on behalf of the Affiliations Committee, 16:52, 9 December 2015 (UTC) • Please help translate to your languageGet helpSubscribe or unsubscribe.


Wikinews and Wikivoyage Thai[edit]

Please Open that by final decision please Now Wiki Thai want to open them [2] [3] --Parintar (talk) 11:28, 15 December 2015 (UTC)

Ready for translation: VisualEditor News #6—2015[edit]

VisualEditor-logo-pacifico.svg

Hi! This is an invitation to join translators working on the last issue of the VisualEditor multilingual newsletter for 2015, which will be widely delivered on Thursday (end of the day in Europe). Despite being a bit shorter than usual, it does feature important announcements, like the one about the single edit tab system, which people can already test and give feedback about. Thanks a lot for your support, as usual! Elitre (WMF), 14:15, 21 December 2015 (UTC)

PS: Here are some instructions. Please go to the translation page: your language should be available from the drop-down menu on the right. Once you've selected it, you'll see the document in English side by side with any translation work already done in your language. You can add new translations or modify existing ones. Please let us know about difficulties you experience with the translation memory system.

Ready for translation: VisualEditor News #1—2016[edit]

Pendiente-traducir.png

Hi! This is an invitation to join translators working on the upcoming issue of the multilingual newsletter for the visual editor, which will be widely delivered as usual on Friday (end of the day in Europe). This time it features, among other things, updates about tables and about the single edit tab system (if you're looking for more translation opportunities, please consider the related overview). Thanks a lot for your support, as usual! Elitre (WMF), 21:37, 22 February 2016 (UTC)

PS: Here are some instructions. Please go to the translation page: your language should be available from the drop-down menu on the right. Once you've selected it, you'll see the document in English side by side with any translation work already done in your language. You can add new translations or modify existing ones. Please let us know about difficulties you experience with the translation memory system.

Should FuzzyBot remove all potentially outdated translations?[edit]

Hello, thanks for adding multiple new translations in your language here at Meta-Wiki in recent years. Please join the discussion with your opinion: Should FuzzyBot automatically remove all potentially outdated translations?. Nemo (talk) 12:01, 1 March 2016 (UTC)

Translate extension markup[edit]

Hi. I have noticed that you were editing the Translate markup. I find it that it would be useful for you to read the extensions' docs:

You will learn from it among other things what you were doing wrong ;) If you have any questions or need any help — fell free to ask :) --Base (talk) 18:56, 11 June 2016 (UTC)

Base, if you want me to understand mistakes I made, you should just explain them to me. I've read the pages some time ago and skimmed through them now and still don't know what you mean. Alice Wiegand (talk) 19:33, 11 June 2016 (UTC)

Ready for translation: VisualEditor News #2—2016[edit]

Pendiente-traducir.png

Hi! This is an invitation to join translators working on the upcoming issue of the multilingual newsletter for the visual editor, which will be widely delivered this Sunday (end of the day in Europe). The "future changes" section is particularly interesting this time, and you're welcome to join and spread the word about the Community Taskforce. Thanks a lot for your support, as usual! Elitre (WMF), 10:52, 30 June 2016 (UTC)

PS: Here are some instructions. Please go to the translation page: your language should be available from the drop-down menu on the right. Once you've selected it, you'll see the document in English side by side with any translation work already done in your language. You can add new translations or modify existing ones. Please let us know about difficulties you experience with the translation memory system.

Ready for translation: VisualEditor News #3—2016[edit]

Pendiente-traducir.png

Hi! This is an invitation to join translators working on the upcoming issue of the multilingual newsletter for the visual editor, which will be widely delivered this weekend. The goal this time is getting translations in over 20 languages, maybe even 25! Thanks a lot for your support, as usual! Elitre (WMF), --08:55, 12 October 2016 (UTC)

PS: Here are some instructions. Please go to the translation page: your language should be available from the drop-down menu on the right. Once you've selected it, you'll see the document in English side by side with any translation work already done in your language. You can add new translations or modify existing ones. Please let us know about difficulties you experience with the translation memory system.

Approval of Khowar wikipedia[edit]

@Lyzzy: We have already completed the requirements for approval of new wikipedia in khowar language spoken in Chitral, Swat, Ghizer(Gilgit Baltistan), Afghanistan, India and Xinjiang of China, and stuck up in the incubator, please help us regarding early approval of wp/khw as soon as possible as we have completed the all tasks which are required for creation of new Wikipedia, Thanks --Zaheeruddin25 (talk) 09:41, 16 February 2017 (UTC)

Uncontrolled spending increases[edit]

In my essay at User:Guy Macon/Wikipedia has Cancer I make several proposals.

Whether of not you agree with the essay as a whole, would you be willing to propose and/or support the following?

  • Make spending largely transparent, publish a detailed account of what money is being spent on and answer any reasonable questions asking for more details.
  • Limit spending increases to no more than inflation plus some percentage (adjusted for any increases in page views). Are you willing to support any limit at all on spending growth, and if so roughly how much? 10%? 20%? 30%?
  • Build up our endowment and structure the endowment so that the WMF cannot legally dip into the principal when times get bad.

--Guy Macon (talk) 02:43, 19 April 2017 (UTC)

Hi Guy, with regards to your essay I don't agree with the cancer picture and I don't see that WMF's growth is unhealthy. We still have money to bring into the reserve. Spending when we have a good reason to (and when it's covered by your revenue), is exactly what I want the WMF to do. Underspending for several reasons is much more worth a look from my view.
What I agree on is that spending should be made as transparent as possible, and I think there have been made improvements over the years. The question of course always is on the grade of detail and on the actual question you want to answered. Effort and benefit of detailed reports always needs to be in a proper balance. Transparency is a means to an end, so what might be still missing is a common understanding of which data have to be published to serve the WMF, the community and our mission best.
I'm not a friend of general cuts of budgets. This happens with my professional budget regularly and the damage in motivation, understanding and loyalty in the team is much higher than the benefit of "spending less". For me spending should always have a good reason and a projection to be conducted successful, in our case it has to be additionally closely linked to our mission. Your question about the endowment confuses me a bit, since this is exactly what I think the endowment is set up currently and the question was already answered by Lisa a few days ago on a different page. I admit that I might misunderstand your question, please let me know if I missed any key information. Alice Wiegand (talk) 19:48, 21 April 2017 (UTC)

Ready for translation: Editing News #1—2017[edit]

Pendiente-traducir.png

Hi! This is an invitation to join translators working on the upcoming issue of the multilingual newsletter for the visual editor, which will be widely delivered when it's end of Friday in Central Europe, and that features, among other things, rumours about a much-desired syntax highlighting tool... Thanks for your help with this, it feels great to be back. --Elitre (WMF), 17:27, 8 May 2017 (UTC)

PS: Here are some instructions. Please go to the translation page: your language should be available from the drop-down menu on the right. Once you've selected it, you'll see the document in English side by side with any translation work already done in your language. You can add new translations or modify existing ones. Please let us know about difficulties you experience with the translation memory system.

New message at Wikimedia Foundation Board noticeboard[edit]

Wikimedia Foundation Board noticeboard#Wikimedia Cloud --Guy Macon (talk) 03:59, 10 July 2017 (UTC)

Structured Commons newsletter, December 13, 2017[edit]

Welcome to the newsletter for Structured Data on Wikimedia Commons! You can update your subscription to the newsletter. Do inform others who you think will want to be involved in the project!

Community updates
Things to do / input and feedback requests
A multi-licensed image on Wikimedia Commons, with a custom {{EthnologyItemMHNT}} Information template. Do you also know media files on Commons that will be interesting or challenging to model with structured data? Add them to the Interesting Commons files page.
Presentations / Press / Events
Presentation about Structured Commons and Wikidata, at WikimediaCon in Berlin.
  • Sandra presented the plans for Structured Commons during WikidataCon in Berlin, on October 29. The presentation focused on collaboration between the Wikidata and Commons communities. You can see the full video here.
Partners and allies
  • We are still welcoming (more) staff from GLAMs (Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums) to become part of our long-term focus group (phabricator task T174134). You will be kept in the loop of the project, and receive regular small surveys and requests for feedback. Get in touch with Sandra if you're interested - your input in helping to shape this project is highly valued!
Research
  • Research findings from interviews and surveys of GLAM project participants are being published to the research page. Check back over the next few weeks as additional details (notes, quotes, charts, blog posts, and slide decks) will be added to or linked from that page.
Development
  • The Structured Commons team has written and submitted a report about the first nine months of work on the project to its funders, the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation. The 53-page report, published on November 1, is available on Wikimedia Commons.
  • The team has started working on designs for changes to the upload wizard (T182019).
  • We started preliminary work to prototype changes for file info pages.
  • Work on the MediaInfo extension is ongoing (T176012).
  • The team is continuing its work on baseline metrics on Commons, in order to be able to measure the effectiveness of structured data on Commons. (T174519)
  • Upcoming: in the first half of 2018, the first prototypes and design sketches for file pages, the UploadWizard, and for search will be published for discussion and feedback!
Stay up to date!

Warmly, your community liaison, SandraF (WMF) (talk)

Message sent by MediaWiki message delivery - 16:32, 13 December 2017 (UTC)

Ready for translation: Editing News #1—2018[edit]

Pendiente-traducir.png

Hi! This is an invitation to join translators working on the upcoming issue of the multilingual newsletter for the visual editor, which will be widely delivered when it's end of Friday in Central Europe. Thanks in advance for your help with this: getting to interact with fellows so skilled like the translators are is among my favorite things about my job :) Best, Elitre (WMF) 10:29, 27 February 2018 (UTC)

PS: Here are some instructions. Please go to the translation page: your language should be available from the drop-down menu on the right. Once you've selected it, you'll see the document in English side by side with any translation work already done in your language. You can add new translations or modify existing ones. Please let us know about difficulties you experience with the translation memory system.

Structured Data on Commons Newsletter - Spring 2018[edit]

Welcome to the newsletter for Structured Data on Wikimedia Commons! You can update your subscription to the newsletter and contribute to the next issue. Do inform others who you think will want to be involved in the project!

Community updates
  • Our dedicated IRC channel: wikimedia-commons-sd webchat
  • Several Commons community members are working on ways to integrate Wikidata in Wikimedia Commons. While this is not full-fledged structured data yet, this work helps to prepare for future conversion of data, and helps to understand how Wikidata and Commons can work better together.
Things to do / input and feedback requests
Discussions held
Events
Partners and allies
  • We are still welcoming (more) staff from GLAMs (Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums) to become part of our long-term focus group (phabricator task T174134). You will be kept in the loop of the project, and receive regular small surveys and requests for feedback. Get in touch with Sandra if you're interested - your input in helping to shape this project is highly valued!
Research
Development
  • Prototypes will be available for Multilingual Captions soon.
Stay up to date!

-- Keegan (WMF) (talk)

Message sent by MediaWiki message delivery - 19:48, 3 April 2018 (UTC)

Structured Data on Commons Newsletter - Summer 2018[edit]

Welcome to the newsletter for Structured Data on Wikimedia Commons! You can update your subscription to the newsletter and contribute to the next issue. Do inform others who you think will want to be involved in the project!

Community updates
  • Our dedicated IRC channel: wikimedia-commons-sd webchat
  • Since our last newsletter, the Structured Data team has moved into designing and building prototypes for various features. The use of multilingual captions in the UploadWizard and on the file page has been researched, designed, discussed, and built out for use. Behind the scenes, back-end work on search is taking place and designs are being drawn up for the front-end. There will soon be specifications published for the use of the first Wikidata property on Commons, "Depicts," and a prototype is to be released to go along with that.
Things to do / input and feedback requests
Discussions held
Wikimania 2018
Partners and allies
Research

Two research projects about Wikimedia Commons are currently ongoing, or in the process of being finished:

  1. Research:Curation workflows on Wikimedia Commons—a project that seeks to understand the current workflows of Commons contributors who curate media (categorize it, delete it, link to it from other projects, etc.).
  2. Research:Technical needs of external re-users of Commons media—soliciting feedback from individuals and organizations that re-use Commons content outside of Wikimedia projects, in order to understand their current painpoints and unmet needs.
Development
  • Prototypes will be available for Depicts soon.
Stay up to date!

-- Keegan (WMF) (talk)

Message sent by MediaWiki message delivery - 21:07, 6 July 2018 (UTC)

Structured Data Newsletter - Research link fix[edit]

Greetings,

The newsletter omitted two interwiki prefixes, breaking the links on non-meta wikis as you might see above. Here are the correct links:

  1. m:Research:Curation workflows on Wikimedia Commons—a project that seeks to understand the current workflows of Commons contributors who curate media (categorize it, delete it, link to it from other projects, etc.).
  2. m:Research:Technical needs of external re-users of Commons media—soliciting feedback from individuals and organizations that re-use Commons content outside of Wikimedia projects, in order to understand their current painpoints and unmet needs.

My apologies, I hope you find the corrected links helpful.

- Keegan (WMF) (talk) 21:21, 6 July 2018 (UTC)

Translation: VisualEditor newsletter October 2018[edit]

18:20, 24 October 2018 (UTC)

Structured Data on Commons Newsletter - Fall 2018 edition[edit]

Welcome to the newsletter for Structured Data on Wikimedia Commons! You can update your subscription to the newsletter. Do inform others who you think will want to be involved in the project!

Community updates
Things to do / input and feedback requests

Current:

Since the last newsletter:

Presentations / Press / Events
Partners and allies
  • The info portal on Structured Commons now includes a section on GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums).
  • We are currently planning the first GLAM pilot projects that will use structured data on Wikimedia Commons. One project has already started: the Swedish Heritage Board researches and develops a prototype tool to provide improved metadata (translations, data additions...) from Wikimedia Commons back to the source institution. Read the project brief.
  • The documentation for batch uploads of files to Wikimedia Commons will be improved in 2019, as part of preparing for Structured Data on Wikimedia Commons. To prepare, the GLAM team at the Wikimedia Foundation wants to understand better which types of documentation you already use, and how you like to learn new GLAM-Wiki skills and knowledge. Fill in a short survey to provide input!
Stay up to date!

-- Keegan (WMF) (talk)

Message sent by MediaWiki message delivery - 17:58, 7 December 2018 (UTC)

Captions in January[edit]

The previous message from today says captions will be released in November in the text. January is the correct month. My apologies for the potential confusion. -- Keegan (WMF) (talk) 20:43, 7 January 2019 (UTC)

Structured Data - file captions coming this week (January 2019)[edit]

My apologies if this is a duplicate message for you, it is being sent to multiple lists which you may be signed up for.

Hi all, following up on last month's announcement...

Multilingual file captions will be released this week, on either Wednesday, 9 January or Thursday, 10 January 2019. Captions are a feature to add short, translatable descriptions to files. Here's some links you might want to look follow before the release, if you haven't already:

  1. Read over the help page for using captions - I wrote the page on mediawiki.org because captions are available for any MediaWiki user, feel free to host/modify a copy of the page here on Commons.
  2. Test out using captions on Beta Commons.
  3. Leave feedback about the test on the captions test talk page, if you have anything you'd like to say prior to release.

Additionally, there will be an IRC office hour on Thursday, 10 January with the Structured Data team to talk about file captions, as well as anything else the community may be interested in. Date/time conversion, as well as a link to join, are on Meta.

Thanks for your time, I look forward to seeing those who can make it to the IRC office hour on Thursday. -- Keegan (WMF) (talk) 21:09, 7 January 2019 (UTC)

Structured Data - blogs posted in Wikimedia Space[edit]

There are two separate blog entries for Structured Data on Commons posted to Wikimedia Space that are of interest:

  • Working with Structured Data on Commons: A Status Report, by Lucas Werkmeister, discusses some ways that editors can work with structured data. Topics include tools that have been written or modified for structured data, in addition to future plans for tools and querying services.
  • Structured Data on Commons - A Blog Series, written by me, is a five-part posting that covers the basics of the software and features that were built to make structured data happen. The series is meant to be friendly to those who may have some knowledge of Commons, but may not know much about the structured data project.
I hope these are informative and useful, comments and questions are welcome. All the blogs offer a comment feature, and you can log in with your Wikimedia account using oAuth. I look forward to seeing some posts over there. -- Keegan (WMF) (talk) 21:33, 23 September 2019 (UTC)