The purpose of the Queering Wikipedia 2021 User Group Working Days will be to develop our internal LGBT+ User Group organization, structures, and operations. We will also have time during the Working Days to develop updates and plan for the Queering Wikipedia 2022 Conference (delayed from 2020 and 2021 due to COVID travel restrictions).
These Working Days for the User Group will occur online via Zoom on May 14-16, 2021, from 14:00 UTC-17:30 UTC.
- Registration is closed now, but please email and ask if you wish to make a late request to join — click here for application information.
Wikimedia Austria is running the registration process. Participants may remain anonymous apart from those with administrative roles in the event. No private information is retained or shared with non-WMAT employees and will be deleted once the working days event is complete.
The working days are divided over 3 calendar days. The focus of each day is:
- User group development over the last decade. Role in the Wikimedia movement such as the UCoC and Global Council. Expectations for "membership" and decision-making.
- Setting goals and recognizing issues. Agreeing on decision-making processes. Improving the leadership structure and how to appoint or elect representatives.
- Planning for the coming 12 months. Queering Wikipedia 2022. Evaluation and learning points.
The Working Days will be held in English, with simultaneous interpretation into Spanish.
The documentation output from the Working Days will be translated into more languages, as requested once the event completes.
In the process of organizing multiple individuals took part in preparations during 2020 and 2021. With narrowing the focus and scope of activity the QW 2021 Coordinating Council was formed from few of previous and few new contributors in late February to deliver the event in April (moved to May).
|QW 2021 Coordinating Council||Fæ, Jeffrey Keefer, RachelWex, OwenBlacker, DarwIn, Christoph, Pharos, Claudia.Garad (WMAT staff)|
|Finance Team||Fæ, Jeffrey Keefer, RachelWex, OwenBlacker, Claudia.Garad (WMAT staff)|
|Project Management Team||Jeffrey Keefer, RachelWex|
These need integrating into the landing page:
- How to join a Zoom meeting, on YouTube