The purpose of the Queering Wikipedia 2021 User Group Working Days was to develop our internal LGBT+ User Group organization, structures, and operations. We also kept time during the Working Days to develop updates and plan for the Queering Wikipedia 2022 Conference (delayed from 2020 and 2021 due to COVID travel restrictions).
These Working Days for the User Group occurred online via Zoom on May 14–16, 2021, from 14:00 UTC-17:30 UTC.
Wikimedia Austria ran the registration process. Participants could remain anonymous apart from those with administrative roles in the event. No private information is retained or shared with non-WMAT employees and will be deleted once the working days event is complete.
The working days were divided over 3 calendar days. The focus of each day was:
- User group development over the last decade. Role in the Wikimedia movement such as the UCoC and Global Council. Expectations for "membership" and decision-making.
- Setting goals and recognizing issues. Agreeing on decision-making processes. Improving the leadership structure and how to appoint or elect representatives.
- Planning for the coming 12 months. Queering Wikipedia 2022. Evaluation and learning points.
The Working Days were held in English, with simultaneous interpretation into Spanish.
The documentation output from the Working Days will be translated into more languages, as requested once the event completes.
In the process of organizing multiple individuals took part in preparations during 2020 and 2021. With narrowing the focus and scope of activity the QW 2021 Coordinating Council was formed from few of previous and few new contributors in late February to deliver the event in April (moved to May).
|QW 2021 Coordinating Council||Fæ, Jeffrey Keefer, RachelWex, OwenBlacker, DarwIn, Christoph, Pharos, Claudia.Garad (WMAT staff)|
|Finance Team||Fæ, Jeffrey Keefer, RachelWex, OwenBlacker, Claudia.Garad (WMAT staff)|
|Project Management Team||Jeffrey Keefer, RachelWex|
- Role wolontariuszy
- Approved budget
- Event funding approval is on the original grant page
- Friendly Space
- How to join a Zoom meeting, on YouTube