|The following page documents an official Meta-Wiki policy.|
This page has been elaborated and approved by the community and its compliance is mandatory for all users. It must not be modified without prior community approval.
|←Policies and guidelines||Bureaucrat policies and information|
|This page provides information on Meta-Wiki bureaucrats, and lays out relevant policies.|
Bureaucrats are Meta-Wiki users with the technical ability to:
- Promote other users to administrator or bureaucrat status;
- Promote and demote other users to central notice administrators, Interface administrator, confirmed users, flood flag, uploaders and translation administrator
- Grant and revoke an account's bot status
Administrators who have been active for at least the past 6 months may request for bureaucrat status here. Bureaucrats are expected to ensure that the bot policies are followed when granting bot status to an user. They are expected to be capable judges of consensus, and are expected to explain the reasoning for their actions on request and in a civil manner.
Bureaucrats do not have the ability to grant further levels of access (they cannot promote to oversighter or checkuser). These capabilities are held only by stewards, a small multilingual group that serves all Wikimedia projects. Stewards are elected annually; for more information, see Steward requests/Permissions.
- Are active on Meta with over 150 edits/log actions (after getting adminship and not including own userspace) in the last six months.
- User is endorsed by two current bureaucrats after he or she nominates themselves at Meta:Requests for adminship.
- No objections are raised in 24 hours after he or she nominates themselves at Meta:Requests for adminship. If objections are raised, a short discussion should ensue, at which point after 48 hours an uninvolved bureaucrat will close it and analyse whether consensus believes the concerns are valid or not. If the concerns are considered valid by consensus, the candidate must nominate himself via a one-week RfB process identical to RfA and pass to become a bureaucrat.
- Bureaucrat — general information about bureaucrats in Wikimedia projects
- Special:Log/rights — Log of user right changes
- Special:Log/renameuser — Log of local username changes
- Special:Listusers/bureaucrat — List of all users who have bureaucrat permissions
- System administrators