|←Policies and guidelines||Meta:Push subscription managers|
This page offers information about the push subscription managers user group.
According to the commit message, it will «allow privileged accounts to purge expired subscriptions from the database on behalf of other users». «This right will be granted to a bot account on Metawiki associated with the Wikimedia push notifications service, and the push notifications service account will make push subscription delete requests to the API for subscriptions for which vendor APIs return bad subscription responses».
- Holloway, Michael D. (August 24, 2020). "Gerrit patch # 619570: Create push subscription manager group/right to clean up dead subs".
- MarcoAurelio (August 31, 2020). "Phabricator Task T261625: Limit the new "push subscription managers" user group to metawiki".
- Id. (August 31, 2020). "Gerrit patch #623370: CommonSettings.php: limit new Echo's `push-subscription-manager` group to Meta-Wiki".
- Urbanec, Martin (August 31, 2020). "Gerrit patch #623435: Follow-up for a1b0d6e: Get $wgDBname in Echo's ext function".
- T275336 (opened since Feb 2021) on why this keeps reappearing in all projects)