You have a new message here: Talk:CIS-A2K/Requests#Request_For_Funding_of_In-depth_Meet-up_of_Bengali_Wikipedia_editor_community_in_Kolkata -- Tito Dutta (talk) 09:10, 23 May 2016 (UTC)
WikiConference India 2016 updates
Thanks for signing up as a volunteer for WikiConference India 2016 (WCI 2016). Here are some updates regarding the event:
- WCI 2016 will take place on 5th, 6th, and 7th of August 2016 at Chandigarh Group of Colleges, Landran (Mohali). Please save these dates. We will open conference registration soon.
- PEG request for WCI 2016 has been approved. We appreciate WMF PEG team's support and decision in facilitating this. We thank all community members who endorsed and contributed to this initiative. We are excited and look forward to an intensive month planning and executing WCI 2016.
- Phase 1 filtering of scholarship applications has been done. Among 450+ applications, 200+ applications have been shortlisted for final review. We are expecting to announce the results by July first week.
- WCI 2016 Call for Participation is open now. Please submit your proposals for paper presentations, lightning talks, and workshops.
- Please take WCI 2016 Program Survey and help us design the conference based on community's needs.
- Please initiate and participate in the Punjab edit-a-thon. It is a gift from all Indian language communities for the Punjabi community which is hosting the conference. The community that adds most number of bytes or words will be awarded a trophy.
- Please review our conference Code of Conduct.
- Please place any feedback regarding the event at the meta talk page. You can also join us for the weekly IRC sessions we hold every Wednesday and Saturday at 2130 IST at #wikiconferenceindia channel. You may also find frequent updates through our Facebook group and mailing list.
WCI 2016 Team.
P.S. If you wish to stop receiving such updates, please remove your name here.
Reporting and other updates for WikiConference India 2016 scholarship recipients
Glad to get in touch with you after the conference!
- Please give your feedback for the conference through this survey before 25th August 2016.
- As part of the scholarship agreement, please document your learnings and experience using the form here before 31st August 2016.
- If you haven't claimed reimbursement yet, please fill this claim form and post it to the following address before 18th August, 2016. Please attach original bills and boarding passes. Please note that we won't be extending the date any further.
- The Centre for Internet and Society,
- Attention: Mr. Ajoy Kumar,
- No. 194, 2nd ‘C’ Cross, Domlur, 2nd Stage, Bengaluru, 560071.
- Please upload your conference presentations at Commons under WikiConference India 2016 presentations category.
- Please upload pictures, videos you shot during the conference at Commons under an appropriate subcategory of WikiConference India 2016 category.
Message posted by Ravi
Reproting stubborn Comments by anonymous IP on Wikipedia awareness workshop
Dear @Mouryan:, @Satdeep gill:, @Arif80s:, @Titodutta:, @AWang (WMF): I have given clear all things on grant proposal and also gave a fair transparent comments and answers on grant talk page, Here is an (188.8.131.52) anonymous IP, continuously asking stubborn comments HERE TALK PAGE , I request you kindly tell me, am I responsible and answerable to a unregistered anonymous IP's stubborn comments?. what are that IP's real intentions I don't know but I think I am only responsible and answerable to registered users and grant committee, I have tried to fairly give answers to all whether they are registered users, Wikimedia grant committee members even an anonymous IP, but that IP is irritating. kindly tell should we report that IP under vandalism? Am I answerable to anonymous IP person's stubborn concerns/comments. whom should I reply please help. Thanks, Jogi don (talk) 07:12, 15 April 2017 (UTC)
- Dear Mr.@Jogi don:, you are not responsible to give any answer to IP user. I agree with you. I think Meta-Wiki Sysop should take necessary action against said IP user. --Arif80s (talk) 07:25, 15 April 2017 (UTC)
Presenting Community Engagement Insights survey report: Tuesday, October 10, 1600 UTC
We will be hosting a public event online to present the data, a few examples on how teams will be using it for annual planning, and what are next steps for this project. The event will take place on Tuesday, October 10, at 9:00 am PST (1600 UTC), and the presentation will be in English. You can watch the livestream here, and ask question via IRC on #wikimedia-office.
We hope to have you join us online! -- María Cruz 23:28, 2 October 2017 (UTC)
- Update your subscription to these messages by clicking here.
Wikipedia Asian Month 2017 officially starts!
Dear WAM organizer,
I’m Erick Guan, the coordinator of WAM 2017. Welcome to Wikipedia Asian Month 2017. Here is some information about organizations of events at a national level.
The event lasts a month for the participants. As of the beginning of the event, please:
- Invite previous participants to join. We have a template you may want to use.
- Setup your WAM page in your local wikiproject if you haven’t done that.
- Link your WAM page at Wikipedia Asian Month 2017. It’s important for others to understand and connect to your community! Remove the X when you done that. WAM is organized at national level. So I have to ask you to put your country in front of your name if you haven’t done that.
- Publish a notification about WAM in site notice as well as village pump. Go public!
- Connect with us. Generally send me an email so that we can reach you for future information!
- Become the jury member in a campaign on Fountain which is an amazing tool for you to supervise participants’ articles. If you don’t have the campaign set up, please contact us! And put a link to your community’s campaign page for participants’ navigation.
- Organize a off-site editathon event. A coffee bar, internet and laptops. Though it’s optional. If you want to do that, please contact me.
In the following days, you should answer the questions from your community and supervise the submissions. Hope you have fun!
Have some interesting articles in your mind or from community? Drop us a line so that we can exchange the information to other communities.
Looking for help
Wikimedia diversity - What happened at the conference and how to follow up
We are messaging you now because you signed up as an ambassador for Wikimedia Diversity Conference 2017. We are sharing this message far and wide, so apologies in advance if you are receiving this message twice.
During the conference, we dedicated a full afternoon to discussing the strategic direction and what it means for the work on diversity in the Wikimedia movement. Compiling the outcomes of those conversations, we summarized the key problems and solutions identified, and we created a summary statement. But the conversation is far from over! We still need to hear from diversity ambassadors: (1) what does working for diversity mean at your local context?; (2) what are the needs that should be addressed; (3) what resources are relevant for these identified needs?
We know that diversity gains meaning in context, and this is why we need to hear every voice. Please take a few minutes to go over to the diversity conversation page and add your comments.
If you’d like to stay in touch, and share your experience working for diversity with others, add your profile on our group here.