Wikimedia LGBT+ and the Queering Wikipedia team presented
Queering Wikipedia 2022 Meeting for LGBT+ Wikimedians and allies.
The event was set to develop partnerships, membership and internal WM LGBT+ UG as an organization, with its structures and operations, as well as to plan for the Queering Wikipedia 2023 Conference.
The program started with informative and inspirational, social and cultural activities on Friday 21st October at 18:00 UTC and working sessions on Saturday 22nd from 14:00 until 18:00 UTC, with an informal follow-up.
The meetings were open to any active Wikimedian, contributing on LGBT+ topics, supporting LGBT+ activities or who identifies as part of the larger LGBT+ community and allies in Wikimedia.
We met online, but encouraged participants to join in with in person fellow Wikimedians and allies, especially if they need translation or on-boarding support and if that was easy and safe on their side. Our working languages for these meetings were English and Spanish.
Schedule and slides
The Queering Wikipedia 2022 programme was split into:
- Friday 21 October: Networking, social and cultural programme
- With presentations from the Wikimedia LGBT+ User Group, plus partners and individuals who have contributed in past activities and have plans to share for 2023.
- Saturday 22 October: Membership and decision-making
- Goal-setting and identifying issues and priorities. Agreeing on decision-making processes. Improving the leadership structure and how to appoint or elect representatives.
- Planning for the coming 12 months. Queering Wikipedia 2023. Evaluation and learning points.
These sessions were held in English and Spanish, with simultaneous translation between the two.
Documentation output will be translated into additional languages.
Multiple individuals took part in preparations for Queering Wikipedia during 2020–2021.
|QW 2022/23 coordinating council||OwenBlacker, Bluerasberry, Zblace, Jetam2, Vic Sfriso (WMAR), Freddy eduardo, Claudia.Garad (WMAT)|
|Finance team||Bluerasberry, Jeffrey Keefer, RachelWex, OwenBlacker, Claudia.Garad (WMAT)|
|Project management||Zblace, with Jetam2's support|
- Submitted and approved funding proposal
- Detailed project proposal
- Call for volunteers
- Call for project management
- Wikimania 2022 session