User talk:Suyash.dwivedi

From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Afrikaans | العربية | অসমীয়া | asturianu | azərbaycanca | Boarisch | беларуская | беларуская (тарашкевіца) | български | বাংলা | བོད་ཡིག | bosanski | català | کوردی | corsu | čeština | Cymraeg | dansk | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form) | Zazaki | ދިވެހިބަސް | Ελληνικά | emiliàn e rumagnòl | English | Esperanto | español | eesti | euskara | فارسی | suomi | français | Nordfriisk | Frysk | galego | Alemannisch | ગુજરાતી | עברית | हिन्दी | Fiji Hindi | hrvatski | magyar | հայերեն | interlingua | Bahasa Indonesia | Ido | íslenska | italiano | 日本語 | ქართული | ភាសាខ្មែរ | 한국어 | kar | kurdî | Limburgs | lietuvių | Minangkabau | македонски | മലയാളം | молдовеняскэ | Bahasa Melayu | မြန်မာဘာသာ | مازِرونی | Napulitano | नेपाली | Nederlands | norsk nynorsk | norsk | occitan | Kapampangan | Norfuk / Pitkern | polski | português | português do Brasil | پښتو | Runa Simi | română | русский | संस्कृतम् | sicilianu | سنڌي | Taclḥit | සිංහල | slovenčina | slovenščina | Soomaaliga | shqip | српски / srpski | svenska | ślůnski | தமிழ் | тоҷикӣ | ไทย | Türkmençe | Tagalog | Türkçe | татарча/tatarça | ⵜⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖⵜ  | українська | اردو | oʻzbekcha/ўзбекча | vèneto | Tiếng Việt | 吴语 | 粵語 | 中文(简体) | 中文(繁體) | +/-

Welcome to Meta![edit]

Hello, Suyash.dwivedi. Welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Wikimedia Forum (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). Happy editing!

-- Meta-Wiki Welcome (talk) 18:39, 26 September 2013 (UTC)[reply]

New message[edit]

Hello,
You have a new message Here. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 08:32, 10 March 2017 (UTC)[reply]

Wikimedia Diversity Conference: We need your help![edit]

Dear User:Suyash.dwivedi,

Thank you for signing up to be an ambassador for Wikimedia Diversity Conference 2017! Some of the conference pages are now marked for translation. Please consider translating these pages to the languages you know so that people around the world can read about Wikimedia Diversity Conference in the languages they are familiar with. Please click on the 'Translate this page ' link on top of the main page of the conference to start translating! We are grateful that ambassadors like you are striving to make the Diversity Conference truly global and multi-linguistic. --Netha Hussain (talk) 18:31, 25 July 2017 (UTC)[reply]

Wikipedia Asian Month 2017 officially starts![edit]

Dear WAM organizer,

I’m Erick Guan, the coordinator of WAM 2017. Welcome to Wikipedia Asian Month 2017. Here is some information about organizations of events at a national level.

Timeline[edit]

The event lasts a month for the participants. As of the beginning of the event, please:

  • Invite previous participants to join. We have a template you may want to use.
  • Setup your WAM page in your local wikiproject if you haven’t done that.
  • Link your WAM page at Wikipedia Asian Month 2017. It’s important for others to understand and connect to your community! Remove the X when you done that. WAM is organized at national level. So I have to ask you to put your country in front of your name if you haven’t done that.
  • Publish a notification about WAM in site notice as well as village pump. Go public!
  • Connect with us. Generally send me an email so that we can reach you for future information!
  • Become the jury member in a campaign on Fountain which is an amazing tool for you to supervise participants’ articles. If you don’t have the campaign set up, please contact us! And put a link to your community’s campaign page for participants’ navigation.
  • Organize a off-site editathon event. A coffee bar, internet and laptops. Though it’s optional. If you want to do that, please contact me.

In the following days, you should answer the questions from your community and supervise the submissions. Hope you have fun!

Interesting articles[edit]

Have some interesting articles in your mind or from community? Drop us a line so that we can exchange the information to other communities.

Looking for help[edit]

At all times, please send me an email at erick@asianmonth.wiki--Fantasticfears (talk) 23:01, 1 November 2017 (UTC)[reply]

Wikimedia diversity - What happened at the conference and how to follow up[edit]

Hello Suyash.dwivedi,
We are messaging you now because you signed up as an ambassador for Wikimedia Diversity Conference 2017. We are sharing this message far and wide, so apologies in advance if you are receiving this message twice.

During the conference, we dedicated a full afternoon to discussing the strategic direction and what it means for the work on diversity in the Wikimedia movement. Compiling the outcomes of those conversations, we summarized the key problems and solutions identified, and we created a summary statement. But the conversation is far from over! We still need to hear from diversity ambassadors: (1) what does working for diversity mean at your local context?; (2) what are the needs that should be addressed; (3) what resources are relevant for these identified needs?

We know that diversity gains meaning in context, and this is why we need to hear every voice. Please take a few minutes to go over to the diversity conversation page and add your comments.

If you’d like to stay in touch, and share your experience working for diversity with others, add your profile on our group here.

Thank you and see you on the wiki,
Sara (talk)

MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 17:40, 5 December 2017 (UTC)[reply]

Military history user group title[edit]

Greetings, firstly thanks for your support and feedback to the proposal to form a user group for military historians of Wikipedia. As there is enough support for the proposal, it is time to choose a title, and go ahead. Please vote at Talk:Discussion to incubate a user group for Wikipedia Military Historians#Group name. Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talkmail) 11:41, 2 January 2018 (UTC)[reply]

Community engagement survey for the Iceland Conference 2018[edit]

Commons Photographers User Group
Hello Suyash.dwivedi,

As your username is indicated in the list of the members of the Commons Photographers User Group, you are kindely invited to answer this survey in the order to shape the upcoming Iceland Conference 2018 and help the organizing team.
Thanks! --Dyolf77

Icon tools.svg User Group page | Nuvola apps email.png Leave a message to the user group
Toicon-icon-lines-and-angles-open.svg

Tiger Project[edit]

Hey Suyash, How can I participate in wikiproject Tiger, do I need to register somewhere? Also can I decide an important/relevent topic on my own(not given in the list)? I am asking you this cause you seem to be in the center of proj. in this community. Thank you--Navinsingh133 (talk) 19:50, 21 March 2018 (UTC)[reply]

Commond deletion bot requirements[edit]

I'm contacting you because you supported the Commons Deletion Bot proposal in the 2017 Community Wishlist. The Wishlist team has finalized the draft specifications for how the bot will work, and are seeking review in confirming or discussing the plans for the bot. If you have some time, please take a look and leave a comment. Thanks, happy editing to you. - Keegan (WMF) (talk) 19:06, 12 April 2018 (UTC)[reply]

टाइगर प्रोजेक्ट - हिंदी[edit]

Hi Suyash, this is user Ahmed Nisar, I have been trying to submit two articles but not accepting. Before these two I have submitted article on Shirazi in Hindi, it is accepted. But the two 1. Anganwadi [1] 2. Akhtarul Iman [2] are not accepted. It is showing that the "Article is not found".. Do needful. Ahmed Nisar (talk) 13:46, 26 April 2018 (UTC)[reply]

@Ahmed Nisar: I have added Anganwadi [3],however your second article needed to be extend to qualify. please feel free to ask for any help -- Suyash Dwivedi (talk) 15:04, 26 April 2018 (UTC)[reply]
Thanks for the same. Ahmed Nisar (talk) 10:17, 27 April 2018 (UTC)[reply]
Dear Suyash, I have extended the article [4] and another article [5] is not being accepted. Plz see what is the problem. Ahmed Nisar (talk) 13:14, 30 April 2018 (UTC)[reply]
Dear Suyash, again my articles are not accepted while submit. 1.[6]/ Bushehr & 2. [7]/ Bandar Abbas. Plz do add them. Ahmed Nisar (talk) 13:19, 1 May 2018 (UTC)[reply]

Need your help to connect with Bangalore based Hindi Wikipedia Contributors[edit]

Hi Suyash,

I'm Mallikarjuna from Kannada Wikipedia.

You were the Organizer for Hindi Project Tiger. We've been trying to connect with all Wikipedians in Bangalore, across languages. A meetup like that, will help us to carry forward the momentum of Project Tiger.

Could you kindly, put a notice on Hindi Village Pump & help me get connected to as many Bangalore based Hindi Wikipedia Contributors (either or all of Pedia, Source, Quote, Meta, Commons & Wiktionary).

Interested Contributors can sign, we could collect names & get started towards organizing the meeting. In July 2018, we wish to host a meeting of Bangalore based all language & all projects Wikipedians at CIS Office Bangalore.

I'm copying both Organisers of Project-Tiger Hindi. (You, Suyash Dwivedi and user:Harrybrowne1986) Tito Dutta has been very much willing to support this effort. -With Metta, Mallikarjuna.

-WIth Metta, Mallikarjuna. 05:20, 17 June 2018 (UTC)

New community space for IdeaLab on Connect[edit]

IdeaLab logo dark orange.png

Hi folks. If you're receiving this message, you've contributed to IdeaLab or an Inspire Campaign this year. Thanks for participating to develop ideas and review ones from other Wikimedians.

We are preparing some changes to IdeaLab and Inspire Campaigns. One of these changes is a new community space on Connect, where Wikimedians can find each other based on common activities or skills, and ask questions about the space. You are invited to join this community space for IdeaLab, especially if you would ever consider needing to find contributors with certain skills (like design or project management) or would like to offer your skills to others in our movement. To join, please proceed to Connect/IdeaLab and click on the "Add yourself" button on the right. Thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) 19:53, 21 June 2018 (UTC)[reply]

(Opt-out instructions)

Inspire Campaign on Measuring Community Health[edit]

Red heart with heartbeat logo.svg

Do you have an idea about how to measure the health of your community? Do you want to review ideas that others have submitted? Through August 10th, we are inviting ideas on how to capture the well-being of Wikimedia communities, in terms of matters like conflict resolution, effective content creation, and being able to contribute in a collaborative environment. Ideas can be focused on either quantitative techniques, such as gathering raw data, or qualitative techniques, like surveying contributors. If you are submitting an idea, guidance is available for how to move your idea into implementation, such as through a grant or starting a Phabricator task to engage with developers.

If you're interested, consider joining the Inspire Campaign. I JethroBT (WMF) 17:14, 13 July 2018 (UTC)[reply]

(Opt-out instructions)

Commons deletion notification bot[edit]

Greetings,

You are receiving this message because you supported the Commons deletion notification bot in the 2017 Community Wishlist Survey.

Commons deletion notification bot is ready to be deployed to any Wikimedia wiki that wishes to use it. If your community is interested in the bot, you can leave a request on the project page on meta-wiki. The bot messages are available for translation on translatewiki.net, as part of preparing the bot for release.

Thank you for your participation in the Wishlist. -- Keegan (WMF) (talk) 17:29, 16 August 2018 (UTC)[reply]

The Community Wishlist Survey[edit]

Hi,

You get this message because you’ve previously participated in the Community Wishlist Survey. I just wanted to let you know that this year’s survey is now open for proposals. You can suggest technical changes until 11 November: Community Wishlist Survey 2019.

You can vote from November 16 to November 30. To keep the number of messages at a reasonable level, I won’t send out a separate reminder to you about that. /Johan (WMF) 11:25, 30 October 2018 (UTC)[reply]

Wiki Project Medicine Foundation Membership[edit]

Membership renewal

Dear Wiki Project Med Supporter, you are receiving this message as you have shown interest in supporting Wiki Project Med in the past. As our organization grows and evolves, we want to be able to verify peoples ongoing interest in being involved. To that end, the board has decided to require renew of membership every two years. So -- whether you are a current member or not, please fill out our updated membership form, to ensure your membership till the end of 2020. Please note -- We ask that you fill out the form by Feb 3rd, as we are close to elections and only members can nominate themselves for the board and vote!

Best, Shani & Doc James. 01:57, 28 January 2019 (UTC)[reply]

Wikimania Ambassador[edit]

Hi!

I noticed that you have signed up as a Wikimedia Diversity Ambassador, after the Diversity Conference held in Stockholm 2017. In August this year, Wikimania will take place in Stockholm, and our goal is to use Ambassadors to reach out to local communities, to spread the news about the conference and the outcomes afterwards. The conference theme (still to be announced) will connect closely to diversity. If you would like to be involved as a Wikimania ambassador, please sign up at the Ambassador page at the Wikimania wiki!

A first thing to do, if you would like to help out, would be to translate the scholarship page at the Wikimania wiki into the language(s) you speak!

Best, Eric Luth (WMSE) (talk) 09:22, 13 February 2019 (UTC)[reply]

Elections for 5 seats on the board of WPMEDF & Annual Meeting[edit]

Dear WikiProject Medicine member, the election for 5 seats on the board is underway and voting is now open till March 24th. We encourage you to use your right to vote by supporting the candidates you prefer HERE. Please also note that on Monday, March 25, between 1900-2000 UTC we will be holding our open annual meeting online. A link will be sent via the mailing list / Facebook group so stay tuned. We hope you can join us! Best, James & Shani. 14:17, 11 March 2019 (UTC)[reply]

Happy Diwali[edit]

Fuochi d'artificio.gif
Diwali Festival.jpgHappy Diwali Diwali Festival.jpg
"Hello, In this festive season of lights, rangoli, fireworks and sweets. I like to wish you & your family a very Happy and Prosperous Diwali". Regards,--Rajeeb Bouncywikilogo.gif(talk!)

Discussion on the Brand Project[edit]

Hi Suyash.dwivedi,

I will contact you as you have registered as a member of WikiDonne User Group. As you may know, these days we are discussing the Brand Project of the Wikimedia movement, a naming and design system that concerns the Wikimedia movement, the affiliates (user group, chapters and thematic organizations) and WMF. One group discussion has been launched on Meta, another on WikiDonne project discussion page in Italian Wikipedia and a call is scheduled on Saturday 27 June at 17.30 (CEST). I invite you to take part in the discussions and express your opinion. A summary of the discussions and feedback will be grouped in the survey that will be sent to the Brand Project team and will represent the response/position of the WikiDonne user group to this issue. Thanks and see you soon, - Camelia (talk) 14:07, 18 June 2020 (UTC)[reply]

Invitation to affiliate members to complete a survey about WMF wide Universal Code of Conduct[edit]

Hello; My name is Mervat, and I am helping the Trust and Safety team to reach out to affiliates in order to discuss the Universal Code of Conduct.  

There has been talks about the need for a global set of conduct rules in different communities over time, and finally, Wikimedia Foundation Board announced a Community Culture Statement, enacting new standards to address harassment and promote inclusivity across projects.Since the universal code of conduct that will be a binding minimum set of standards across all Wikimedia projects, will apply to all of us, staff and volunteers alike, all around the globe, and will impact our work as groups, individuals and projects, it’s of great importance that we all participate in expressing our opinions and thoughts about UCoC, its nature, what we think it should cover or include and what it shouldn’t include; how it may develop, drawback or help our groups.   This is the time to talk about it. As you are a valuable contributor to the Wikimedia movement, your voice counts. Before starting to draft the code of conduct, we would like to hear from you; We invite you to devote some minutes to take this survey; your answers will help us create a safer environment for all on Wikimedia:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd36dNdU3C5shXEkKp9itJOhuCTx9hZE5AE-xflkxtfRMnZtg/viewform?usp=pp_url 

It’s possible that you are a member of more than one affiliate; hence you may receive this survey more than once, and you may have participated previously in the discussions or filled out a previous survey during the first round of consultations about UCoC which targeted wikipedia/wikimedia communities. We apologize for this; it is really difficult to identify if a wikimedian belongs to multiple groups that work to spread free knowledge. Looking forward to your thoughts and opinions and hoping that you can respond within the next 2 weeks.  If you have any questions about the surveys or difficulties accessing the link, please contact me by email (msalman-ctr@wikimedia.org)Results will be considered during the drafting process for the UCoCThank you for your participation

Mervat SalmanTrust & Safety (Policy) FacilitatorWikimedia Foundation "Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. That's our commitment." --Mervat (WMF) (talk) 16:22, 3 August 2020 (UTC)[reply]

Sunday September 20 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Birds of a feather flock together.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August SWAN meeting and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates, this month we are meeting on Sunday September 20, and you are all invited to RSVP here.--Pharos (talk) 02:11, 19 September 2020 (UTC)[reply]

Sunday October 25 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Friendship is a movement value.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the September and August SWAN meetings, and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including the recent proposed changes to the Wikimedia Foundation Bylaws, this month we are meeting on Sunday October 25, and you are all invited to RSVP here.--Pharos (talk) 16:57, 22 October 2020 (UTC)[reply]

WAM2020 welcomes your support![edit]

Wikipedia Asian Month 2020

Hello Suyash.dwivedi,

Thank you for joining WAM 2020 as an organizer. We appreciate your help to get the central banner localized in your language.

You can visit here and select your language (which language you want the contents to be translated into) and then translate it.

WAM International Team thanks you for your support. Face-smile.svg

Kind regards,

Wikipedia Asian Month International Team, 2020.10

Guidance of Fountain tool[edit]

Wikipedia Asian Month Logo.svg

Dear organizers,

Here is a guidance of Fountain tool. If you are wondering how to create an editathon on fountain or want to check the editathon be created or not before WAM start, please feel free to have a look.

Looking forward to meeting you online soon.

WAM International team 2020.10

West Bengal Wikimedians open for community request[edit]

Logo of West Bengal Wikimedians User Group.svg

Hi Suyash.dwivedi!

You are receiving this message because you have signed as a General member of the West Bengal Wikimedians User Group.

Like previous years, we are asking our members again to request for support if they wish to plan and execute Wikimedia projects or activities during next year, which require funding. We are open for such requests until November 30, 2020. Based on the fund requests from the community members, the user group will place Rapid grant proposal to Wikimedia Foundation. If the rapid grant request is approved, funds will be allocated to the community members accordingly.

We can only approve request for volunteers who are from West Bengal and is limited to activities where in some way, West Bengal is included. The decision to approve or disapprove your request will be handled by Representative members of the user group.

Regards,
Bodhisattwa
(On behalf of West Bengal Wikimedians User Group)

[SWT Indic Workshop Series 2020] [Reminder] Infoboxes workshop this coming Sunday, Nov 8th at 9 am![edit]

Thanks for signing up to participate in the “Designing and using infoboxes on a wiki” workshop organized as a part of the Small wiki toolkits - India workshop series 2020. In this workshop, you will learn how to design and use infoboxes on a wiki. You are also encouraged to bring one or two technical issues related to infoboxes that you are currently facing (e.g., module errors while checking preview, improper placement of text, or displaying maps, etc.)

Please let us know if you have any questions. Regards, SWT Indic Workshop Series Team, 10:03, 6 November 2020 (UTC)

Wikipedia Asian Month 2020: Fountain tool[edit]

Dear organizers:

Fountain cannot accept new articles temporarily because of a problem with the Wikimedia Labs database. It will be back ASAP. Please don’t feel panic. Let's keep fingers crossed for it.

Best,

Wikipedia Asian Month International Team, 2020.11

Appreciation[edit]

Barnstar-camera.png The Photographer's Barnstar
Really appreciate your contribution of photographs especially of Indian musicians. Fredericknoronha (talk) 14:30, 14 November 2020 (UTC)[reply]

Sunday November 29 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Take flight with us.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, and October SWAN meetings, and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including the recent proposed changes to the Wikimedia Foundation Bylaws, this month we are meeting on Sunday November 29, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(Note that the UTC times of and are the same as before, although a number of places have had daylight savings time changes since our last meeting).--Pharos (talk) 01:31, 27 November 2020 (UTC)[reply]

What's Next (Wikipedia Asian Month 2020)![edit]

Wikipedia Asian Month 2020

Congratulations! The Wikipedia Asian Month has ended successfully and you've done amazing work of organizing. What we've got and what's next?

  • We have at least 6,672 articles made during this edition.
  • Make sure all the jury members judge all articles before December 31st, Once you finish the judging, please update this page.
  • There will be two round of qualified participants' address collection scheduled: January 1st and January 10th 2021.
  • Please report the local Wikipedia Asian Ambassador (who has most accepted articles) on this page, if the 2nd participants have more than 30 accepted articles, you will have two ambassadors.
  • Please update the final version of organizer and jury member list on this page.
  • In case you wondering how can you use the Wikipedia Asian Month tool (Fountain) in your own contest, contact the developer Le Loy for more information.
  • If you need some assistance, please feel free to contact us via sending email to info@asianmonth.wiki. To reduce misunderstanding, please contact us in English.

Best wishes,

Wikipedia Asian Month International Team, 2020.12

Sunday January 10 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Into the blue.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, and November SWAN meetings, and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including SWAN input on Interim Global Council and Movement Charter, this month we are meeting on Sunday January 10, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

To start the exchange of ideas on the IGC early, and to help prepare before the SWAN calls, we have set up and invite everyone to participate at this etherpad. If you like a more interactive way of discussing, we have also made a jamboard. Check here for more details.

--Pharos (talk) 15:09, 4 January 2021 (UTC)[reply]

[SWT South Asia 2021] [Reminder] Understanding the technical challenges on wikis: Sunday, Jan 24th at 6 pm![edit]

Thanks for signing up to participate in the “Understanding the technical challenges on wikis” session organized as a part of the Small wiki toolkits - South Asia 2021. In this session, we will be discussing the technical challenges faced by contributors to Wikimedia projects of South Asian languages, come up with ideas to build local technical capacity, and increase and share skills and knowledge across various communities.

Please let us know if you have any questions. Regards, SWT South Asia Organizers, 15:52, 22 January 2021 (UTC)

Sunday February 21 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

We are a mosiac.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, and January SWAN meetings and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates, this month we are meeting on Sunday February 21, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

To help set priorities for the SWAN agenda, and also to help manage which global conversations should be a focus in general, we have set up and invite everyone to participate at this SWAN priorities form.

Possible topics include Community Board seats, Interim Global Council, Strategy prioritization follow-up events, Branding, Universal Code of Conduct, Grant strategy, and WMF CEO search. That is a lot of things, which are most important to cover in our upcoming SWAN meeting?

Following the regular call, in SWAN after hours: Wikimedia Meet Jitsi social event with brainstorming for possible Nano Charter ideas, plus any other topics.

--Pharos (talk) 18:02, 18 February 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Sunday March 21 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Community as a hand-carved gem.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, January, and February SWAN meetings and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Grants relaunch, Universal Code of Conduct/Discussions, Wikimedia Enterprise / OKAPI, Community Board seats, Interim Global Council + Movement Charter, and WMF Executive Transition

This month we are meeting on Sunday March 21, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(Note that the UTC times of and are the same as before, although some places have had daylight savings time changes since our last meeting).--Pharos (talk) 19:45, 17 March 2021 (UTC)[reply]

[Small wiki toolkits] Workshop on "Debugging/fixing template errors" - 27 March 2021 (Saturday)[edit]

Greetings, this is to inform you that as part of the Small wiki toolkits (South Asia) initiative, a workshop on "Debugging/fixing template errors" will be conducted on upcoming Saturday (27 March). We will learn how to address the common template errors on wikis (related but not limited to importing templates, translating them, Lua, etc.)

Details of the workshop are as follows:

If you are interested, please sign-up on the registration page.

Regards, Small wiki toolkits - South Asia organizers, 13:03, 23 March 2021 (UTC)

If you would like unsubscribe from updates related "Small wiki toolkits - South Asia", kindly remove yourself from this page.

Sunday April 25 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Swanlings grow up together.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, January, February, and March SWAN meetings and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Interim Global Council + Movement Charter, WMF Resolution about the upcoming Board elections, Community Resilience and Sustainability role in Movement Strategy coordination, Grants Strategy Relaunch, and WMF Executive Transition

This month we are meeting on Sunday April 25, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(Note that the UTC times of and are the same as before, although some places may have had daylight savings time changes since our last meeting).--Pharos (talk) 04:21, 23 April 2021 (UTC)[reply]

[Small wiki toolkits] Workshop on Workshop on "Designing responsive main pages" - 30 April (Friday)[edit]

As part of the Small wiki toolkits (South Asia) initiative, we would like to inform you about the third workshop of this year on “Designing responsive main pages”. During this workshop, we will learn to design the main page of a wiki to be responsive. This will allow the pages to be mobile-friendly, by adjusting the width and the height according to various screen sizes. Participants are expected to have a good understanding of Wikitext/markup and optionally basic CSS.

Details of the workshop are as follows:

If you are interested, please sign-up on the registration page.

Regards, Small wiki toolkits - South Asia organizers, 05:53, 24 April 2021 (UTC)

If you would like unsubscribe from updates related "Small wiki toolkits - South Asia", kindly remove yourself from this page.

Hopeful conversation about a GLAM-Wiki conference[edit]

I hope you are well, considering. 

I would like to invite you to a meeting next week, with Wiki Movimento Brasil User Group, to start a hopeful conversation about the next GLAM-Wiki conference. I am contacting you as a past attendee of a GLAM-Wiki conference. There will be a first meeting on Tuesday 25 May at 12pm UTC followed by another on Thursday 27 May at 5pm UTC. You can always find the most up-to-date information about the GLAM & Culture team's office hours on Meta. FRomeo (WMF) (talk) 11:21, 18 May 2021 (UTC)[reply]

I am sorry to say that we needed to reschedule today's meeting. The meetings will now happen on Thursday 27 May at 3pm UTC and on Tuesday 1 June at 10am UTC. Chen Almog, the Foundation's Senior Program Officer for Conference & Events Grants, will also join the Tuesday meeting. The times and Zoom links are available on this page. All my best, FRomeo (WMF) (talk) 10:39, 25 May 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Sunday June 6 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Swan of healing.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, January, February, March, and April SWAN meetings, as well as last June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Movement Charter + Movement Strategy/Events, WMF Board elections, Wikimania 2021, and Grants Regional Committees.

This month we are meeting on Sunday June 6, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and *Note that we have shifted the second call an hour earlier in UTC time due to popular demand and to accomodate daylight savings*.)--Pharos (talk) 20:48, 3 June 2021 (UTC)[reply]

SWT South Asia Workshops: Feedback Survey[edit]

Thanks for participating in one or more of small wiki toolkits workshops. Please fill out this short feedback survey that will help the program organizers learn how to improve the format of the workshops in the future. It shouldn't take you longer than 5-10 minutes to fill out this form. Your feedback is precious for us and will inform us of the next steps for the project.

Please fill in the survey before 24 June 2021 at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSePw0eYMt4jUKyxA_oLYZ-DyWesl9P3CWV8xTkW19fA5z0Vfg/viewform?usp=sf_link.

MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 12:51, 9 June 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Final Call for Candidates for AffCom - June 2021[edit]

Want to help translate? Translate the missing messages.

This is an update from the Wikimedia Affiliations Committee. Translations are available.

This is a final Call for Candidates for the June 2021 Affiliations Committee election.

If you are interested in running, please post your application and follow all four steps on the nomination page by 30 June 2021 23:59 hours UTC.

If you know somebody you think may be interested, please share this with them and encourage them to consider it. If you have any questions about this process or the requirements, please email affcom@wikimedia.org before the application deadline or reach out to any of the current members.

On behalf of the AffCom elections committee,

--- FULBERT (talk) 14:37, 22 June 2021 (UTC)[reply]


[[Category:AffCom Elections June 2021|]]

Join Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos 2021[edit]

Hello Suyash.dwivedi,

Many thanks for participating in the maiden edition of Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos in 2020.

We are glad to inform you that the 2021 edition starts today (1st of July). You are invited to participate in the campaign again this year to help improve the quality of Wikipedia articles with photos. For more information, please visit the campaign page here.

If you have any questions or query please feel free to contact anyone from the Organizing Team of WPWP Campaign.

Kind regards,
Tulsi Bhagat contribs | talk ]
Communication Manager, WPWP Campaign
Message sent using --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 10:15, 1 July 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Sunday July 25 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

The swan or the egg?

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, January, February, March, April, and June SWAN meetings, as well as last June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Movement Charter + Drafting Committee, WMF Board elections, Wikimania 2021, and Grants Regional Committees.

This month we are meeting on Sunday July 25, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and *Note that we have shifted the second call an hour earlier in UTC time due to popular demand and to accomodate daylight savings*.)--Pharos (talk) 15:10, 22 July 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Sunday September 26 SWANniversary Party and All-Affiliates Strategic Meeting[edit]

Celebrate our first anniversary with SWAN-shaped desserts!

Join the SWANniversary on September 26 as we mark the first year of the Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network!

We will have the regular All-Affiliates Strategic Meeting, to be followed by a SWANniversary Party in the after hours session, likely through spatialized chat on WorkAdventure.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, January, February, March, April, June, and July SWAN meetings, as well as last June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, we'll look together at strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Movement Charter + Drafting Committee, WMF Board elections, Wikimania 2021, and Grants Regional Committees.

This month we are meeting on Sunday September 26, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and .)--Pharos (talk) 18:15, 22 September 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Sunday October 31 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

A swan reflects.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, January, February, March, April, and June, July, and September SWAN meetings, as well as last June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Movement Charter Drafting Committee Set Up Process, Next Steps for Brand Work, 2021, Wikipedia Asian Month 2021, and other ongoing activities.

This month we are meeting on Sunday October 31, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and *Note that we have shifted the second call a half-hour later in UTC time due to WikidataCon*.)--Pharos (talk) 01:47, 29 October 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Sunday November 28 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Chart a new course on the swan ferry.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

We'll focus on strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Hubs+Hubs Workshop, Movement Charter+Drafting Committee, WMDE's 'Future of Wikimedia Governance' proposal, Wikipedia Asian Month 2021, and other ongoing activities.

This month we are meeting on Sunday November 28, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and , note that some areas recently experienced daylight savings time changes).--Pharos (talk) 16:04, 25 November 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Affiliations Committee (AffCom) Call for candidates - January 2022[edit]

Translations are available.

The Affiliations Committee – the committee responsible for guiding volunteers in establishing Wikimedia chapters, thematic organizations, and user groups – is looking for new members!

The main role of the AffCom is to guide groups of volunteers that are interested in forming Wikimedia affiliates. We review applications from new groups, answer questions and provide advice about the different Wikimedia affiliation models and processes, review affiliate bylaws for compliance with requirements and best practices, and update the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees as well as advise them on issues connected to chapters, thematic organizations and Wikimedia user groups.

The committee consists of five to fifteen members, selected at least once every year, to serve two-year terms.

Being a part of the AffCom requires communication with volunteers all over the world, negotiating skills, cultural sensitivity, and the ability to understand legal texts. We look for a mix of different skill sets in our members.

Responsibilities
  • Availability of up to 5-8 hours per month
  • Participate in monthly one and two-hour voice/video meetings
  • Commitment to carry out assigned tasks in a given time.
  • Facilitate and support communications
  • Affiliate Support and growth
Required and Recommended Abilities, Skills, Knowledge for Affiliations Committee Members

Strong interpersonal relationship among members of the committee and also with the Wikimedia community members. Across all committee members, there are additional relevant skills as well as requirements which help to support the committee and its sustainability which include both required and relevant general skills

Required
  • Fluency in English
  • Availability of up to 5 hours per week, and the time to participate in a monthly one and two-hour voice/video meetings.
  • Willingness to use one's real name in committee activities (including contacts with current and potential affiliates) when appropriate.
  • Strong track record of effective collaboration
  • International orientation
Relevant for all members
  • Public Communications (English writing and speaking skills)
  • Skills in other languages are a major plus.
  • Understanding of the structure and work of affiliates and the Wikimedia Foundation.
  • Documentation practices
  • Interviewing experience
  • Experience with, or in, an active affiliate is a major plus.
  • Teamwork: Project and people management skills to coordinate and collaborate with different parties on a shared plan and see it through to completion.
  • Problem-Solving: Ability to evaluate various solutions, consider multiple interests and points of view, revisit unresolved issues, seek compromise and work and communicate across languages and cultures.

Given the expectations for maintaining the course in 2022 and preparing for potential 2022 transitions as part of the Movement Strategy implementation process, it is important that we are also clear about two different skill sets critical to committee support at this time. The first skillset is oriented to understanding affiliate dynamics and organizational development patterns to successfully process affiliate applications for recognition; the other is oriented to conflict prevention and intervention support for affiliates in conflict.

Relevant to Affiliate Recognitions
  • Administration & Attention to detail
  • Readiness to participate in political discussions on the role and future of affiliates, models of affiliation, and similar topics.
  • Awareness of the affiliates ecosystem and models and understanding of community building, organizational development, and group dynamics
Relevant to Conflict Prevention & Intervention
  • Communication skills for active listening, clear instruction and turn-taking.
  • Stress Management skills for maintaining patience and positivity
  • Emotional intelligence to maintain awareness of emotions of oneself and others to practice empathy, impartiality, and mutual respect.
  • Facilitation, negotiation, and mediation skills to guide diverse individuals and groups toward cooperation.
  • Ability to work within a team

Do you have relevant skills and interest to support movement affiliates?

We are looking for people who are excited by the challenge of empowering volunteers to get organized and form communities that further our mission around the world. In exchange, committee members will gain the experience of supporting their world-wide colleagues to develop their communities as well as personal development in guiding organizational development, facilitating affiliate partnerships, and professional communications.

Selection process

As a reflection of our commitment to openness, transparency, and bilateral engagement with the Wikimedia community, the 2022 member selection process will include a public review and comment period and a self-assessment survey for candidates to share their skills and their experience. This self-assessment information will help the committee to identify the skill sets relevant and supportive to our affiliate support processes. We invite you to apply for membership to the committee and join us in supporting the affiliates. The data shared in the self-assessment will only be made available to the committee and the relevant staff support. The nomination, candidate Q&A, and endorsements will still take place posted on Meta for public review at January 2022 page. Here the global community is welcome to provide comments and feedback about each candidate.

Once the nomination window closes 31 January 2022, the sitting members who are not candidates for re-election in this cycle will deliberate and then vote, taking into account all inputs from the meta page, self-assessment, advisors, Wikimedia Foundation staff and board liaisons, and committee member discussion.

A final decision will be made in late-February 2022, with new members to be notified for onboarding in February.

How to apply

If you are interested in joining the committee, please:

Step 1. Post your application on the nomination page by 31 January 2022. Your application must include the following information:

  1. Your full name and Wikimedia username
  2. A statement describing your relevant education, experience, abilities, skills, knowledge, availability, and motivation for joining the committee.

Step 2. Complete the self-assessment survey between January 1, 2021 and January 31, 2021.

  • The privacy statement that applies to the survey can be found here.
  • NOTE: The survey will take 15 mins. Please do not close your browser. If you need a break, you are advised to keep the browser open. In case of losing the link, please reach out to mkaur-ctr(_AT_)wikimedia.org
  • This survey must be completed before Steps 3 & 4, as it will provide more background as to the type of work and expectations of members of AffCom.

Step 3. Answers the following questions:

  • NOTE: Questions 1-3 are required for all candidates.
  • Question 4 & 5 should be answered by those interested in joining the Recognitions subcommittee.
  • Question 6 & 7 should be answered by those interested in joining the Conflicts Intervention subcommittee.
  • If you are willing to nominate yourself for both subcommittees, answer all questions.
  1. What roles have you served across any Wikimedia projects and affiliates that you think have prepared you for this role?
  2. AffCom members need to manage time, confidentiality, conflicts of interest, and diverse situations across the global movement. How do you envision managing these?
  3. Members of AffCom serve on one of two subcommittees: Recognitions OR Conflicts Intervention. Which one of these are you most interested in serving on?
  4. If you are interested in serving on the Recognitions subcommittee, what do you think makes a group of Wikimedians ready to function together as an affiliate?
  5. If you are interested in serving on the Recognitions subcommittee, what do you think are the benefits and responsibilities of functioning as formal affiliates?
  6. If you are interested in serving on the Conflicts Intervention subcommittee, please describe your experience working with conflicts resolution.
  7. If you are interested in serving on the Conflicts Intervention subcommittee, please describe how you have helped build consensus and support diversity.

Step 4. Once you have completed the above, send an email announcing your application to affcom(_AT_)wikimedia.org before the application deadline.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me and/or the committee as a whole. We are happy to chat or have a webinar call with anyone about our work if this helps them decide to apply. Please distribute this call among your networks, and do apply if you are interested!

On behalf of the committee,

--FULBERT (talk) 13:18, 19 December 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Affiliations Committee (AffCom) Call for advisors - January 2022[edit]

Translations are available.

The Affiliations Committee – the committee responsible for guiding volunteers in establishing Wikimedia chapters, thematic organizations, and user groups – is looking for new members!

The Affiliations Committee – the committee responsible for guiding volunteers in establishing Wikimedia Chapters, Thematic Organizations, and User Groups – is looking for advisors!

The main role of the Affiliations Committee is to guide groups of volunteers that are interested in forming Wikimedia affiliates. We review applications from new groups, answer questions and provide advice about the different Wikimedia affiliation models and processes, review affiliate bylaws for compliance with requirements and best practices, and advise the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees on issues connected to chapters, thematic organizations and Wikimedia user groups.

We are looking for advisors who are excited by the challenge of empowering volunteers to get organized and form communities that further our mission around the world. In exchange, committee advisors selected will gain the experience of supporting their world-wide colleagues to develop their communities as well as personal development in guiding organizational development, facilitating affiliate partnerships, and professional communications.

AffCom advisors can engage with the committee in a variety of capacities:

Consultant

Individuals with extensive movement experience can be engaged as Consultants for specific cases or initiatives by AffCom.

Trainer

Individuals with specific expertise may be engaged for short-term projects for training AffCom or Affiliates. They might also lead the Capacity Building initiatives for AffCom or affiliates.

Observer

AffCom can request specific or all advisors to act as an observer in different cases to ensure neutrality & compliance with guidelines.

AffCom Support

Development of Policies: While advisors cannot create legally binding policies for the committee, they can help create policies that provide direction and support for the committee.

Planning and Implementing Community Relations: The advisors are long-term wikimedians & also include influential community leaders who can be effective at spreading the word about initiatives and services.

Supporting Subcommittees: The advisors can support subcommittees that have assigned tasks in specific areas.

Other Tasks: Advisors can be engaged to address a specific need. Such engagements are usually short-lived and are disbanded as soon as their specific goals are met.


Key skills

We look for a healthy mix of different skill sets in our advisors, including the following key skills and experience:

  1. Strong understanding of the structure and work of Wikimedia affiliates and the Wikimedia Foundation.
  2. Readiness to participate in political discussions on the role and future of affiliates, models of affiliation, and similar topics.
  3. Availability of up to 2 hours per week, and the time to participate in a monthly two-hour voice/video meeting
  4. International orientation and ability to work and communicate with other languages and cultures.
  5. Knowledge of different legal systems and experience in community building and organizing are a plus.
  6. Fluency in English is required; skills in other languages are a major plus.
  7. Experience with or in an active Wikimedia affiliate is a major plus.
  8. Strong track record of effective collaboration (such as evidenced skills at facilitation, mediation, negotiation, and so forth) is a major plus.
  9. Willingness to use one's real name in committee activities (including contacts with current and potential affiliates) when appropriate.
Selection process

As a reflection of our commitment to openness, transparency, and bilateral engagement with the Wikimedia community, the 2022 advisors selection process will include a public review and comment period. All applications must be posted on Meta between January 01 and January 31, 2022 at Affiliations Committee/Advisors/2022, and the community will be invited to provide comments and feedback about each candidate. At the end of the nomination period, the applications will be voted on by the members of the committee, taking into account comments put forward by the committee's members, advisors, Wikimedia Foundation staff and board liaisons, and the community. A final decision will be made in February 2022, with new advisors expected to begin later that month.

How to apply

If you are interested in advising the committee, please submit your candidacy on Affiliations Committee/Advisors/2022 between January 01 to January 31, 2022. Your application must include the following information:

  1. Your full name and Wikimedia username
  2. A statement describing your relevant experience, skills, and motivation for joining the committee as an advisor.
  3. The advisor role you would like to serve
  4. Answers to the following three questions:
    1. How do you think affiliates work best together to partner on effective projects and initiatives?
    2. What do you see as the role of affiliates in the Wikimedia movement in the next three years?
    3. What do you feel you will bring as an advisor to the committee that makes you a uniquely qualified candidate?

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact the committee. We are happy to chat or have a phone call with anyone about our work if this helps them decide to apply. Please distribute this call among your networks, and do apply if you are interested!

On behalf of the committee,

--FULBERT (talk) 13:17, 19 December 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Common interests[edit]

Hi! I read in your profile that you like developing new gadgets. Could you please tell me what you actually do, like with type of gadgets you make? I am an technology enthusiast and I am keen to know more about this. 2401:4900:560A:75E7:B75F:8049:CA47:DF3 09:02, 21 January 2022 (UTC)[reply]

I want to become open street map contributors[edit]

How can I be . Plz WhatsApp +918983101099 2401:4900:54E4:97AC:BD3F:6FC4:95A5:19C2 03:44, 24 January 2022 (UTC)[reply]

Affiliations Committee (AffCom) Member & Advisor Elections - Final Reminder for January 2022[edit]

Translations are available.

This is a friendly reminder that the Affiliations Committee – which is responsible for guiding volunteers in establishing and sustaining Wikimedia chapters, thematic organizations, and user groups – is seeking new members and advisors! The deadline to post your application on the Member nomination page and Advisor nomination is 31 January 2022.

If you know somebody you think may be interested, please share and encourage them to consider applying. If you have any questions please email affcom@wikimedia.org before the application deadline or reach out to any of the current members. Good luck to all the candidates!

On behalf of the committee,
FULBERT (talk) 17:32, 25 January 2022 (UTC)[reply]


Sunday February 27 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

To dance is to fly.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

We'll focus on strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Hubs+Dialogue, Movement Charter, Universal Code of Conduct+Enforcement Voting, Brand, International Women's Day+Gender Gap and WikiForHumanRights campaigns, and other ongoing activities.

This month we are meeting on Sunday February 27, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and ).----Pharos (talk) 03:17, 24 February 2022 (UTC)[reply]

Sunday April 3 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Bots in precious metals are part of our community too.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

We'll focus on strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including UCoC Voting, Hubs Global Conversation held + CEE Hub update, Movement Charter + Leadership Development Working Group, Desktop Improvements, Celebrate Women in March + International Women's Day, Wikimania 2022 survey concluded + Wikimedia Hackathon 2022 May 20-22 + local events, and other ongoing activities.

This month we are meeting on Sunday April 3, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and , note that some areas recently experienced daylight savings time changes).--Pharos (talk) 12:45, 30 March 2022 (UTC)[reply]

Indic Hackathon | 20-22 May 2022 + Scholarships[edit]

Hello Suyash.dwivedi,

(You are receiving this message as you participated previously participated in small wiki toolkits workshops.)

We are happy to announce that the Indic MediaWiki Developers User Group will be organizing Indic Hackathon 2022, a regional event as part of the main Wikimedia Hackathon taking place in a hybrid mode during 20-22 May. The regional event will be an in-person event taking place in Hyderabad.

As it is with any hackathon, the event’s program will be semi-structured i.e. while we will have some sessions in sync with the main hackathon event, the rest of the time will be upto participants’ interest on what issues they are interested to work on. The event page can be seen at https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Indic_Hackathon_2022.

We have full scholarships available to enable you to participate in the event, which covers travel, accommodation, food and other related expenses. The link to scholarships application form is available on the event page. The deadline is 23:59 hrs 17 April 2022.

Let us know on the event talk page or send an email to contact@indicmediawikidev.org if you have any questions. We are looking forward to your participation.

Regards, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 16:43, 12 April 2022 (UTC)[reply]

Sunday May 8 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Swans are musical creatures.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

We'll focus on strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including 2022 Board of Trustees Call for Candidates, Movement Charter/Content preliminary narrative, Human Rights Policy Community Conversations, Wikimedia Foundation Annual Plan Feedback, IP blocking and Open Proxies discussion, Wikimedia Hackathon 2022 May 20-22 + local events, and other ongoing activities.

This month we are meeting on Sunday May 8, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and , note that some areas recently experienced daylight savings time changes).--Pharos (talk) 18:57, 4 May 2022 (UTC)[reply]

Wikimedia Sound Logo contest discussion[edit]

Wikimedia Sound Logo contest discussion

Hi,

The Wikimedia sound logo contest is under discussion here, and your input on the talk page is appreciated: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Communications/Sound_Logo/Contest_proposal There will also be two video conversations on Friday May 27 @11:00 UTC and Tuesday May 31 @15:00 UTC, in case you want to chat live.

Thank you!

VGrigas (WMF) (talk) 23:59, 24 May 2022 (UTC)[reply]