User talk:Ciell

From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Welcome to Meta![edit]

أهلا Ciell ، ومرحبا بك في ويكيميديا ميتا ويكي! يعمل هذا الموقع على تنسيق ومناقشة كل مشاريع ويكيميديا. ربما سيكون مفيدا لك مطالعة صفحة السياسات هنا. إذا كنت مهتما بأمور الترجمة، راجع ميتا:بابلون. يمكنك أيضا ترك ملاحظة في ميتا:بابل (من فضلك راجع أولا التعليمات هناك قبل ترك الملاحظة). إذا أردت الاستفسار عن شئ ، لا تتردد في سؤالي في صفحة نقاشي. تمتع بالتحرير هنا!

Hola Ciell! Benvingut a la Meta-Wiki de la Fundació Wikimedia! Aquest lloc està fet per a coordinar i discutir tots els projectes de la Fundació Wikimedia. Potser us serà útil llegir la nostra pàgina de polítiques (en anglès). Si us interessen les traduccions, visiteu Meta:Babylon. També podeu deixar un missatge a Meta:Babel o al Meta:Metapub (però abans de fer-ho, llegiu les instruccions situades al principi de la pàgina). No dubteu en preguntar si teniu qualsevol dubte. Si cal ho podeu fer en la meva pàgina de discussió. Bona sort!

Vítejte, uživateli Ciell, a vítejte na Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! Tento server je určen pro spolupráci a diskusím ke všem projektům nadace Wikimedia. Možná si budete chtít přečíst naše pravidla. Pokud chcete spolupracovat na překladech, navštivte Meta:Babylon. Také můžete přidat příspěvek na Meta:Babel či Meta:Metapub (nejdříve si přečtěte pokyny na začátku těchto stránek). V případě potřeby se neváhejte zeptat se na mé diskusní stránce. Hodně štěstí!

Hallo Ciell, und Willkommen bei Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! Diese Webseite dient der Koordination und Diskussion aller Wikimedia-Projekte. Vielleicht findest Du es nützlich, unsere Regelseite zu lesen. Sofern Du daran interessiert bist etwas zu übersetzen, besuche Meta:Babylon. Du kannst auch eine Notiz auf Meta:Babel oder Meta:Metapub hinterlassen (bitte lies die Anleitung am Anfang der Seiten, bevor Du etwas schreibst). Wenn Du möchtest, kannst Du mir auch auf meiner Diskussionseite Fragen stellen. Fröhliches Bearbeiten wünscht

ވިކިމީޑިޔާގެ މީޓާ-ވިކީ އަށް މަރުހަބާ! މިވެބްސައިޓަކީ ވިކިމީޑިޔާގެ ހުރިހާ މަޝްރޫޢުތަކާއި ބެހޭގޮތުން ވާހަކަތައް ދެކެވި އެ މަޝްރޫޢެއް ހިންގައި ހަދާ ވެބް ސައިޓެވެ. އަޅުގަނޑުމެންގެ ޤަވާއިދުތައް ފުރަތަމަ ވިދާޅުވުމަކީ މުހިންމު ކަމެއް ކަމުގައި ދެކެމެވެ. ތަރުޖަމާކުރާ ހިތްޕުޅުވެވަޑައިގަންނަވާ ނަމަ މީޓާ:ބެބިލޯން އަށް ވަޑައިގަންނަވާށެވެ. އަދި ހަމަ އެހެންމެ މިކަމާއި ބެހޭ ލިޔުމެއް މީޓާ:ބޭބެލް ގައި ލިޔުއްވަވާށެވެ. (އެހެންނަމަވެސް އެޞަފްޙާގައި އެއްވެސް އެއްޗެއް އިތުރު ކުރެއްވުމުގެ ކުރިން އެ ޞަފްހާގެ މަތީގައިވާ ޢިބާރާތް ވިދާޅުވެލައްވާށެވެ.) މިއާއި މުދު ހިތްހަމަޖެހިވަޑައިގަންނަވާ ނަމަ އިތުރު އެހީ އަށް އެދުމަށް މި ޞަފްހާ ގައި އެދުމަށް ފަސްޖެހި ވަޑައި ނުގަންނަވާށެވެ. އުނިއިތުރު ގެނައުމުގައި އުފާވެރި ވަގުތުކޮޅެއް ހޭދަ ކޮށްލައްވާށެވެ!!

Hello Ciell, and welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Meta:Metapub (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). If you would like, feel free to ask me questions on my talk page. Happy editing!

¡Hola Ciell! ¡Bienvenido a la Meta-Wiki de la Fundación Wikimedia! Este sitio es para coordinar y discutir todos los proyectos de la Fundación Wikimedia. Tal vez le sea útil leer nuestra página de políticas (en inglés). Si le interesan las traducciones, visite Meta:Babylon. También puede dejar un mensaje en Meta:Babel o Meta:Metapub (pero antes de hacerlo, por favor lea las instrucciones situadas en lo alto de la página). No dude en preguntar si tiene cualquiera duda, o pregunte en mi página de discusión. ¡Buena suerte!

سلام Ciell ، به ويكی مديا متاويكیخوش آمدید! این وبگاه برای بحث و هماهنگ کردن ويكي مديا است. برای شما مفید است که اول صفحه سیاست های اینجا را بخوانید. اگر شما علاقمند به ترجمه هستید به صفحه متا:بابیلون سر بزنید. همچنین اگر یادداشتی داشتید می توانیید در متا:بابل یادداشت خود را بگذارید (قبل از نوشتن یادداشت به توضیحات موجود در صفحه توجه کنید.). اگر سوالی داشتید می توانید در صفحه بحث. سوال خود را بپرسید و کمک بخواهید!

Hei Ciell, ja tervetuloa Wikimedian Meta-Wikiin! Tämä nettisivusto on kaikkien Wikimedia-säätiön projektien koordinointia ja keskustelua varten. Saattaa olla hyödyllistä lukea käytäntömme. Jos olet kiinnostunut käännöksistä, käy Meta:Babylon-sivulla. Voit myöskin jättää huomautuksen Meta:Babel, Meta:Metapub -sivulle (ole hyvä ja lue ohjeet sivun yläosassa ennenkuin kirjoitat sinne). Jos haluat, saat vapaasti kysyä minulta kysymyksiä keskustelusivullani. Iloisia muokkaushetkiä!

Bonjour Ciell, et bienvenue sur le Meta-Wiki de Wikimédia ! Ce site a pour but de coordonner et discuter de l’ensemble des projets Wikimédia. Il vous sera utile de consulter notre page sur les règles de Wikimédia. Si vous êtes intéressé par des projets de traduction, visitez Meta:Babylon. Vous pouvez aussi laisser un message sur Meta:Babel ou Meta:Metapub (mais veuillez d’abord lire les instructions en haut de cette page avant d’y poster votre message). Si vous le voulez, vous pouvez me poser vos questions sur ma page de discussion. À bientôt !

Ola Ciell! Benvido a Meta-Wiki, da Fundación Wikimedia! Este sitio é para coordinar e discutir sobre calquera dos proxectos da Fundación Wikimedia. Tavez lle sexa útil ler a nosa páxina de políticas (en inglés). Se lle interesan as traducións, visite Meta:Babylon. Tamén pode deixar unha mensaxe en Meta:Babel ou en Meta:Metapub (pero antes de facelo, por favor lea as instrucións situadas no alto da páxina). Non dubide en preguntar se ten calquera dúbida, ou pregunte na miña páxina de conversa. Boa sorte!

נכתב בלשון זכר למען הנוחות
היי Ciell, וברוך בואך ל- ויקימדיה מטא-ויקי! אתר זה נועד בכדי לתאם פעולות ולדון בפרויקטים של וויקימדיה. יש להניח שדפי המדיניות שלנו יהיו שימושיים עבורך. אם הנך מעוניין לבצע עבודות תרגום, בקר ב-Meta:Babylon. תוכל גם להשאיר הערה ב-Meta:Babel, Meta:Metapub, (אנא קרא את ההוראות בראש הדף לפני כתיבה שם). אם תרצה, הרגש חופשי לרשום לי שאלות בדף השיחה שלי. עריכה נעימה!

नमस्कार Ciell, विकिमीडिया मेटा-विकि में आपका स्वागत है! यह तंत्रजाल (वेबसाइट) सभी विकिमीडिया परियोजनाओं में समन्वय, उनके संयोजन एवं उन पर चर्चा करने हेतु बनी है। इसके लिये, आप हमारा नीति पृष्ठ पढ़ना आवश्यक समझ सकते हैं। यदि आप अनुवाद करने में उत्सुक हैं, तब मेटा:बेबीलोन पर जाएं। आप मेटा:बेबल या मेटा:मेटापब पर कोई टिप्पणी भी छोड़ सकते हैं (कृपया वहाँ सन्देश छोड़ने से पूर्व, उस पृष्ठ के ऊपर लिखे निर्देश ध्यानपूर्वक पढ़ लें)। यदि आप चाहें, तो हमारे संवाद पृष्ठ पर कोई भी प्रश्न पूछ सकते हैं। आप इसके लिये सदा आमंत्रित हैं। शुभ सम्पादन!

Pozdrav Ciell, i dobro došli na na Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! Ova stranica služi za koordinaciju i raspravljanje oko Wikimedijinih projekata. Vjerojatno će Vam biti korisno pročitati naše stranice vezane za politiku rada. Ako ste zainteresirani za prevođenje, posjetite Meta:Babylon. Možete također ostaviti poruku na stranicama Meta:Babel, Meta:Metapub (molimo pročitajte upute na vrhu te stranice prije nego što pošaljete tamo svoj komentar). Ako imate neko pitanje, možete ga postaviti na mojoj stranici za razgovor. Sretno uređivanje!

Helló Ciell, és üdv a Wikimedia Meta-Wikijén! Ez a weboldal az összes Wikimedia projektet érintő ügyek megtárgyalására és koordinálására szolgál. Hasznosnak találhatod elolvasni az irányelveinket (angolul). Ha szeretnél fordításokat végezni, látogasd meg a Meta:Babylon-t, vagy a Meta:Babel, Meta:Metapub, oldalon hagyhatsz üzenetet (mielőtt ide írsz kérlek olvasd el a lap tetején található utasításokat). Ha szeretnél, nyugodtan kérdezz tőlem a vitalapomon. Jó szerkesztést és tartalmas szórakozást! Jó szerkesztést és tartalmas szórakozást!

Halló Ciell, vertu velkomin(n) á Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! Þessi síða er til að ræða saman um öll Wikimedia-verkefni og samhæfa þau. Kannski finnst þér gagnlegt að lesa stefnusíðuna. Hafir þú áhuga á þýðingum er Meta:Babylon rétti staðurinn. Þú mátt skrifast á við okkur í Meta:Babel eða Meta:Metapub (vinsamlegast lestu notkunarreglurnar áður en þú breytir síðunni). Hikaðu ekki við að hafa samband við mig á spjallsíðu minni ef þú hefur einhverjar spurningar. Gangi þér vel!

Halo Ciell, dan selamat datang di Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! Situs web ini berperan sebagai tempat koordinasi dan diskusi mengenai seluruh proyek-proyek Wikimedia. Mungkin akan bermanfaat bagi Anda untuk membaca halaman kebijakan kami. Jika Anda tertarik untuk melakukan penerjemahan, kunjungi Meta:Babylon. Anda juga dapat meninggalkan pesan di Meta:Babel atau Meta:Metapub (bacalah petunjuk di bagian atas halaman tersebut sebelum meninggalkan pesan di sana). Jika perlu, Anda dapat bertanya kepada saya di halaman pembicaraan (talk page) saya. Selamat menyunting!

Ciao Ciell! Benvenuto sulla Meta-Wiki della Wikimedia Foundation! Questo sito serve a coordinare e discutere di tutti i progetti della Wikimedia Foundation. Potrebbe esserti utile leggere le nostre policy (in inglese). Se sei interessato a fare traduzioni, visita Meta:Babylon. Puoi anche lasciare un messaggio su Meta:Babel o Meta:Metapub (ma per favore, leggi le istruzioni che si trovano all'inizio della pagina prima di scrivere). Se vuoi, puoi lasciarmi un messagio nella mia pagina di discussione. Buona fortuna!

Ciellさん、ウィキメディア メタ・ウィキへようこそ!このサイトは、ウィキメディアのプロジェクト間の調整や話し合いを目的としています。もしよろしければ、基本方針とガイドラインのページを是非ご一読ください。もし翻訳に興味をお持ちなら、Meta:Babylon をご覧ください。Meta:Babel, Metapub にメッセージを投稿していただくことも可能です(投稿前にページ上部の説明をお読みください)。お困りの際は、ご遠慮なく私の会話ページに質問をお寄せください。楽しくやっていきましょう。どうぞよろしくお願いします。

Ciell님, 위키미디어 메타 위키에 회원가입하신 것을 환영합니다! 이 사이트는 모든 위키미디어 프로젝트들 간의 상호조정과 토론을 위한 공간입니다. 우리의 정책을 보면, 도움이 되실 겁니다. 만약 번역에 관심이 있으시다면, 바빌론을 방문해 보세요. 또한 바벨, 메타퍼브를 사용하실 수도 있습니다. (사용하시기 전에 각 문서의 사용설명을 먼저 읽어주세요). 만약 궁금한 것이 있으시면, 부담없이 저의 토론 문서에 질문을 올려주세요. 즐거운 편집이 되시길 바랍니다!

Hai Ciell, dan selamat datang ke Meta-Wiki Wikimedia! Laman web ini adalah untuk mengkoordinasikan dan membincangkan segala Projek Wikimedia. Anda boleh mendapat banyak faedah dengan membaca laman polisi kami. Jika anda berminat menterjemah, silalah lawati Meta:Babylon. Anda juga boleh meninggalkan pesanan di Meta:Babel atau Meta:Metapub (sila baca panduan di atas laman yang berkenaan sebelum meninggalkan pesanan). Jika perlu, tanyalah soalan di laman perbualan saya. Selamat menyunting!

Hallo Ciell, en welkom op de Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! Deze website is voor het coördineren en bespreken van alle Wikimedia-projecten. Waarschijnlijk vind je het handig om onze beleidpagina te lezen. Als je geïnteresseerd bent in het vertalen van teksten, ga da naar Meta:Babylon. Je kunt ook een bericht achterlaten op Meta:Babel of Meta:Metapub (lees wel de instructies aan het begin van de pagina voordat je een bericht achterlaat). Als je nog vragen hebt stel ze me dan op mijn overlegpagina. Veel plezier met bewerken!

Hei Ciell, og velkommen til Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! Denne siden er til for å diskutere og samordne alle Wikimediaprosjektene. Vil du vite mer om siden, kan vår policy-side komme til nytte. Er du interessert i å hjelpe til med oversettelser, besøk Meta:Babylon. Du kan også legge igjen en beskjed på Meta:Babel, Meta:Metapub (vær vennlig og les instruksjonene øverst på siden før du skriver noe der). Hvis du vil, er du velkommen til å stille spørsmål på min diskusjonsside. God redigering!

Cześć Ciell i witaj w projekcie Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! Ta strona została stworzona do koordynacji i dyskusji nad wszystkimi projektami Fundacji Wikimedia. Proszę Cię o przeczytanie naszych zasad. Jeżeli chcesz się zając tłumaczeniem stron, odwiedź Meta:Babylon. Możesz również zostawić notkę na stronie Meta:Babel, Meta:Metapub, (proszę jednak, abyś najpierw przeczytał instrukcje na górze tej strony). Jeżeli będziesz potrzebował pomocy zostaw komentarz na mojej stronie dyskusji. Miłego edytowania!

Olá Ciell! Seja bem-vindo ao Meta! Este site/sítio é dedicado à discussão e à coordenação de todos os demais projetos da Fundação Wikimedia. Talvez lhe seja útil ler a página contendo a nossa política (em inglês) antes de começar a editar. Se tiver dúvidas, sinta-se à vontade para me fazer perguntas em minha página de discussão, ou deixe uma mensagem para toda a comunidade na Babel, Meta:Metapub, a versão do Meta da Esplanada. Boa sorte!

Ciao Ciell, şi bine aţi venit la Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! Acest website este pentru coordonarea şi discuţiile tuturor proiectelor Wikimedia. Este folositor să citiţi pagina despre politica noastră.. Dacă sunteţi interesaţi de traducere, vizita-ţi Meta:Babylon. De asemenea puteţi lasa o notă pe Meta:Babel, Meta:Metapub, (vă rugăm citiţi instrucţiunile de la începutul paginii înainte de a posta acolo). Dacă ai întrebări, nu ezita să mă întrebi pe pagina mea de discuţii talk page. Editare cu succes!

Здравствуйте, Ciell, и добро пожаловать на Мета-вики фонда Викимедиа! Этот сайт предназначен для координации и обсуждения вопросов, связанных со всеми проектами фонда. Для начала предлагаю ознакомиться с правилами этого проекта. Если Вы заинтересованы в работе над переводами страниц Мета-вики и других материалов, посетите Meta:Babylon. Вы также можете обсудить различные вопросы на странице Meta:Babel или Meta:Metapub (пожалуйста, ознакомьтесь с инструкцией сверху, прежде чем писать). Если возникнут вопросы, не бойтесь задавать их мне на моей странице обсуждения. Удачи!

Tjeta Ciell, dhe mirësevin në Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! Ky vënd i rrjetës është për të koordinuar dhe diskutuar çdo projekt të Wikimediës. Mund ta gjësh të dobishme faqet e politikës sonë. Në qoftë se je duke interesuar në përkthime, vizitò Meta:Babylon. Mund të lësh një shënim në Meta:Babel ose Meta:Metapub (të lutem të lexosh përdorimet në fillim të fletës para se të postosh atje). Në qoftë se do, ndihu i/e lirë të më bsh pyetje në faqen time të diskutimit. Të auguroj një redaktim të këndshëm!

Здраво Ciell, и добро дошли на Викимедијин мета-вики! Овај сајт служи за координацију и дискусију око Викимедијиних пројеката. Вероватно ће Вам бити корисно да прочитате наше странице везане за политику рада. Ако сте заинтересовани за превођење, посетите Meta:Babylon. Можете такође и оставити поруку на страници Meta:Babel, Meta:Metapub (молимо погледајте упутства на врху те странице пре него што пошаљете свој коментар тамо). Ако имате неко питање, можете да ми поставите на мојој страници за разговор. Срећно уређивање!

Hej Ciell, och välkommen till Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! Meta är till för att diskutera och samordna alla Wikimedias projekt. Vill du veta mer om webbplatsen, kan vår policy-sida komma väl till pass. Är du intresserad av att hjälpa till med översättningar, besök Meta:Babylon. Du kan skriva diskussionsinlägg på Meta:Babel eller Meta:Metapub (läs instruktionerna överst på sidan innan du skriver något där). Om du vill, är du välkommen att ställa frågor på min diskussionssida. Lycka till med redigerandet!

வணக்கம் Ciell, விக்கிமீடியா மேல்விக்கி! இற்கு நல்வரவு. இவ்விணையத்தளமானது கூட்டாகச் சேர்ந்து விடயங்களை விவாதிப்பதற்கென உருவாக்கப் பட்டது. விக்கித்திட்டங்கள். நீங்கள் எங்களின் பாலிசிகளையும் பாலிசி பக்கம் படித்தறியலாம். நீங்கள் மொழிபெயர்பில் ஆர்வமுடையவராகின், Meta:Babylon ஐப் பார்வையிடவும். நீங்கள் Meta:Babel, Meta:Metapub இல் குறிப்பொன்றையும் விட்டுச் செல்லலாம். (பக்கத்தின் மேலேயிருக்கும் அறிவுறுத்தல்களை வாசித்தபின்னரே அங்கே செய்திகளை இடவும்). நீங்கள் விரும்பினால் எனது பக்கத்தில் செய்தியொன்றை விடவும் talk page. உங்கள் ஆக்கங்களை வரவேற்கின்றோம்!

สวัสดีครับคุณ Ciell ยินดีต้อนรับเข้าสู่ วิกิมีเดีย เมต้าวิกิ หรือในอีกชื่อหนึ่งว่า "แม่วิกิ" ! เว็บไซต์แห่งนี้เป็นเว็บสำหรับการบริหารและอภิปรายเกี่ยวกับเรื่องโครงการต่าง ๆ ของมูลนิธิวิกิมีเดีย ก่อนอื่น เราขอแนะนำให้คุณอ่าน นโยบายของเราก่อน ซึ่งมันอาจจะมีประโยชน์ในภายหลัง ถ้าคุณสนใจเกี่ยวกับเรื่องการแปลข้อความต่าง ๆ เป็นภาษาไทย คุณสามารถไปที่ หน้าบาบิลอน ได้ คุณยังสามารถทิ้งข้อความไว้ที่ หน้าบาเบล หรือ หน้าเมต้าผับ (กรุณาอ่านกระบวนการทิ้งข้อความที่อยู่ข้างบนสุดของหน้าก่อนทิ้งข้อความ) ถ้าคุณมีคำถาม สงสัย หรือต้องการคำปรึกษา คุณสามารถถามคำถามต่าง ๆ ได้ที่ หน้าพูดคุย ซึ่งวิธีการถามคำถามในหน้าพูดคุยได้ถูกเขียนไว้ที่นี่แล้ว ท้ายสุด มีความสุขกับการแก้ไขนะครับ !

Merhaba Ciell, ve Wikimedia Meta-Wikiye hoş geldin! Bu site bütün Wikimedia projeleri arasında koordinasyon sağlamak ve ilgili konuları tartışmak içindir. Eğer çeviriyle ilgileniyorsanız Meta:Babylon sayfasını ziyaret edebilirsiniz. Ayrıca Meta:Babel ve Meta:Metapub sayfalarına da mesaj bırakabilirsiniz (lütfen mesaj bırakmadan önce sayfanın en üstündeki yönergeleri okuyunuz). Sorularınız için kullanıcı mesaj sayfama mesaj bırakmaktan çekinmeyiniz. İyi değişiklikler.

Вітаємо Ciell, ласкаво просимо до Wikimedia Meta-Wiki!
Цей вебсайт призначено для координації та обговорення всіх Вікімедіа (Wikimedia) проектів. Для Вашої зручності пропонуємо переглянути сторінку політик. Якщо Ви зацікавлені у здійсненні перекладів, відвідайте «Вавілон», також можете залишити запис у Meta:Babel або Meta:Metapub (будь ласка прочитайте інструкції нагорі тих сторінок, перш ніж там писати). За Вашого бажання можете задавати мені запитання на моїй сторінці обговорення. Хай щастить у редагуваннях!


Xin chào Ciell, và hoan nghênh bạn đến với Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! Trang web này dành cho việc phối hợp và thảo luận về tất cả các dự án Wikimedia. Có thể sẽ hữu ích nếu bạn xem qua trang quy định của chúng tôi. Nếu bạn cảm thấy thích việc dịch thuật, xin hãy ghé thăm Meta:Babylon. Bạn cũng có thể để lại một lời nhắn tại Meta:Babel hoặc Meta:Metapub (xin hãy đọc hướng dẫn ở đầu trang trước khi viết tại đó). Nếu thích, mời bạn thoải mái đặt câu hỏi tại trang thảo luận của tôi. Chúc bạn có giờ phút hoạt động vui vẻ!

中文(简体): Ciell,你好!欢迎光临维基媒体元维基!这个网站是为协调和讨论所有维基媒体项目而设。我们的政策页可能对您有用。如果您有兴趣协助翻译工作,请参观Meta:Babylon。你可在Meta:BabelMeta:Metapub留下口讯(张贴之前请先读该页上指示)。若有问题,请在我的讨论页问我 。祝
编安!

中文(繁體): Ciell,你好!歡迎光臨維基媒體元維基!這個網站是為協調和討論所有維基媒體項目而設。我們的政策頁可能對您有用。如果您有興趣協助翻譯工作,請參觀Meta:Babylon。你可在Meta:BabelMeta:Metapub留下口訊(張貼之前請先讀該頁上指示)。若有問題,請在我的討論頁問我 。祝
編安!

van harte welkom op het Meta! --birdy geimfyglið (:> )=| 23:27, 17 May 2008 (UTC)[reply]

Dankje Birdy :-D. Ciell 23:36, 17 May 2008 (UTC)[reply]

Translator, We need you![edit]

Dear Ciell,

You have helped us in previous years with translations and for that we are most grateful. Now we turn towards the 2011/12 fundraiser. It may seem forever away, but work has already begun getting everything ready to go. This year we want to have landing pages covering as many countries in as many languages as possible.

Right now, we want to figure out who is interested in translating for the fundraiser. This year we're hoping to have more of a solidified "core" group of translators that we can count on to have work done by a few key dates, but we'd also welcome help from people who are willing to just help out when they can.

If you would be interested please take a look at this little sign-up survey and fill it out http://survey.wikimedia.org/index.php?sid=13638&newtest=Y&lang=en. With that we can start building a list of people and filling any gaps in the languages we serve.

Many Thanks

Joseph Seddon (User:Jseddon (WMF))

Production Coordinator
Wikimedia Foundation
Jseddon (WMF) 01:01, 9 July 2011 (UTC)[reply]

Please sign new Wikimedia confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information by 31 December[edit]

This is a message from the Wikimedia Foundation. Translations are available.

Wikimedia Foundation logo - vertical (2012-2016).svg

As you may know, the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees approved a new "Access to nonpublic information policy" on 25 April 2014 after a community consultation. The former policy has remained in place until the new policy could be implemented. That implementation work is now being done, and we are beginning the transition to the new policy.

An important part of that transition is helping volunteers like you sign the required confidentiality agreement. All Wikimedia volunteers with access to nonpublic information are required to sign this new agreement, and we have prepared some documentation to help you do so.

The Wikimedia Foundation is requiring that OTRS volunteers sign the new confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015 to retain their access. You are receiving this email because you have been identified as an OTRS volunteer and are required to sign the confidentiality agreement under the new policy. If you do not sign the new confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015, you will lose your OTRS access. OTRS volunteers have a specific agreement available, if you have recently signed the general confidentiality agreement for another role (such as CheckUser or Oversight), you do not need to sign the general agreement again, but you will still need to sign the OTRS agreement.

Signing the confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information is conducted and tracked using Legalpad on Phabricator. We have prepared a guide on Meta-Wiki to help you create your Phabricator account and sign the new agreement: Confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information/How to sign

If you have any questions or experience any problems while signing the new agreement, please visit this talk page or email me (gvarnum(_AT_)wikimedia.org). Again, please sign this confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015 to retain your OTRS access. If you do not wish to retain this access, please let me know and we will forward your request to the appropriate individuals.

Thank you,
Gregory Varnum (User:GVarnum-WMF), Wikimedia Foundation

Posted by the MediaWiki message delivery 21:20, 28 September 2015 (UTC) • TranslateGet help[reply]

Confidentiality agreement[edit]

Hoi Ciell. Leuk om jouw aanmelding als steward te zien. Maar je moet nog wel iets doen. Je zegt dat je de confidentiality agreement hebt getekend als lid van het OTRS-team, maar dat is een ander agreement. Je staat namelijk niet op deze lijst. Volg de instructies vanaf deze pagina, dan moet het goed komen. Let erop dat je de general confidentiality agreement ondertekent. Succes. Trijnsteltalk 17:59, 26 January 2018 (UTC)[reply]

Hoi Trijnstel,
Daar wees Stryn me ook op inderdaad en ik heb hem vanmiddag getekend. Ciell (talk) 19:27, 26 January 2018 (UTC)[reply]

OTRS nakijken[edit]

Hoi Ciell, heb je misschien tijd om de plaatjes en bijbehorende licenties in deze categorie te checken? Iemand heeft twijfels bij mijn uploads van twee foto's van een (tijdelijk) beeld in de openbare ruimte. De kunstenaar heeft eerder al een toestemming verleend voor publicatie van een foto van een werk op doek. Wellicht is deze zo opgesteld dat ik niet opnieuw hoeft te gaan vragen? Mijn discussiebijdragen staan hier Pelikana (talk) 13:47, 13 October 2018 (UTC)[reply]

Hoi Pelikana, ik heb het meteen even nagekeken. De enige toestemming van Nicole Eisenman die wij in ons bezit hebben is voor de afbeelding van File:Nicole Eisenman, Foghorn Hits the Road, 2007, Oil on canvas, 14" x 10 ¾".jpg. Als het beeld geplaatst is in de openbare ruimte, maar niet permanent, geldt ook in Duitsland Freedom of Panorama niet, zie Commons:Freedom_of_panorama#Germany. Het door jouw gefotografeerde stond er volgens mij voor een manifestatie en dus nu niet meer, klopt dat? Dan hebben de mensen in de DR gelijk, en moet er toestemming komen van Nicole Eisenman zelf. Ciell (talk) 13:58, 13 October 2018 (UTC)[reply]
Hoi Ciell, bedankt voor je snelle reactie. Ik heb op dit moment geen contactgegevens van deze kunstenaar. Het lijkt mij een te zware extra taak om nu aan alle betreffende kunstenaars voor ieder afzonderlijk werk om toestemming te moeten gaan vragen. Tijdelijk opgestelde kunst zal daarom waarschijnlijk niet meer door mij aan de wikimedia gemeenschap worden aangeboden. Jammer maar helaas. Prettig weekend ) Pelikana (talk) 14:24, 13 October 2018 (UTC)[reply]
Hoi Pelikana, dat is inderdaad heel erg jammer. Het kan heel tijdrovend zijn om dat te doen inderdaad en er is geen manier die ik zo bedenken kan die het sneller maakt. Let wel: permanent geplaatste kunst in Duitsland, Nederland en sinds vorig jaar ook in België, geeft geen enkel probleem! Richt je vooral daarop zou ik willen zeggen, dat houdt het fotograferen voor Commons leuk. En afen toe misschien eens meedoen aan een wedstrijdje als Wiki Loves Monuments of Wiki Loves Public Art maakt er een leuke uitdaging van. Ciell (talk) 14:53, 13 October 2018 (UTC)[reply]
Hoi Ciel, ik heb een antwoord gekregen van atelier Christel Lechner. Office van deze kunstenares bedankt mij voor de moeite maar gaat niet akkoord met commercieel hergebruik van mijn foto's van haar werk in Rees en vraagt om begrip. - Het gaat bij Commons om vijf categorien met Alltagsmenschen die nagekeken moeten worden. Ik zou willen vragen uitsluitend te verwijderen waar haar beelden echt het hoofdmotief van de foto's zijn en zou graag de fotos willen behouden waar haar beelden slechts als 'bijwerk' in de stads- en parkgezichten te zien zijn. Misschien kun jij adviseren of de verwijdering verder uitvoeren. Mijn opnames kunnen w.m.b. direct weg. Andere fotografen zoals Ies zouden uit beleefdheid wel even vantevoren een berichtje mogen ontvangen, denk ik. ... "Besten Dank für Ihre Mühen, die Alltagsmenschen fotografiert zu haben. Leider kann Frau Lechner einer Veröffentlichung zu kommerziellen Zwecken jedoch nicht zustimmen. Sie bittet um Verständnis. Mit freundlichen Grüßen vom Lechnerhof" ... MvG. Pelikana (talk) 13:32, 14 November 2018 (UTC)[reply]
Hoi Pelikana,
@Pelikana: Wat fijn dat je dit nog op hebt gepakt en erg jammer dat ze niet akkoord gaan. Wil je graag dat ik die categoriën naloop en de deletion requests zoe, of zie je dat zitten om het zelf te doen? Ik heb er dit weekend denk ik wel tijd voor.
Bedankt voor je input, Ciell (talk) 15:07, 16 November 2018 (UTC)[reply]
Hoi Ciel, bedankt, dat zou mooi zijn als je die taak wilt overnemen in deze kwestie. De afwijzing van het verzoek aan Mevr. Lechner was wel ondertekend. Als je de naam van de afzender (een kunsthistorica) nodig hebt, hoor ik het graag. Er moet ook bekeken worden of de toestemmingen voor andere afbeeldingen van Skulptur Projekte Münster in orde of te verkrijgen zijn. Op mijn verlanglijste zou staan dat Wikipedia (een evt. beperkt aantal) plaatjes bij actuele beeldende kunst kon tonen, door regelingen en subsidies van ministeries zoals OC&W. Kunstbespreking zonder de bijbehorende plaatjes te kunnen tonen is m.i .een onding. MvG Pelikana (talk) 13:08, 18 November 2018 (UTC)[reply]
@Pelikana: Ik heb net de eerste 3 afbeeldingen verwijderd, die van Nicole Eisenman waar al een deletion request voor liep. Welke andere categoriën refereeer je aan, kun je me een link of naam geven? Ciell (talk) 15:46, 18 November 2018 (UTC)[reply]
Bedankt, die (medewerkers van de galerie van Eisenman) waren inderdaad erg traag met antwoorden; ik heb totnutoe geen antwoord ontvangen. De andere categorie is hier en dan ook even een categorie hoger gaan, Statues by Christel Lechner, daarin staan vijf ondercategorieën met tijdelijke tentoonstellingen van 'Alltagsmenschen'. In de categorie Rees lijken mij de laatste vijf fotos met een beetje goede wil wel te behouden als 'stadsgezichten'. Hoe kan dat dan, dat die andere fotografen dat ook niet wisten van die moeilijkheden omtrent tijdelijk opgestelde werken. Zij doen hier ook al meer dan een decennium aan mee, aan het vrijelijk ter beschikking stellen van hun tijd en talenten, met goede categorisaties en al. Hier staan de foto's van Skulptur.Projekte. Pelikana (talk) 01:52, 19 November 2018 (UTC)[reply]
Ik heb nu eerst de Alltagsmenschen gegroepeerd, later zal ik afhankelijk van de uitkomst nog eens naar de andere (grotere) categorie kijken. Ciell (talk) 18:15, 22 November 2018 (UTC)[reply]

[edit]

Hello and Merry Christmas. It looks like you directly modified MediaWiki:Centralnotice-template-Community banner templatev2 instead of creating a new banner with its contents. Could you please copy the contents of the banner to the relevant campaign and revert the template back? :) Thanks. Best regards, —MarcoAurelio (talk) 16:24, 27 December 2018 (UTC)[reply]

Hi MarcoAurelio,
I tried to revert myself, but somehow I also protected that page. But I cannot unprotect it, since I'm not an admin! So I cannot revert my edit. @Base: @Seddon:. Sorry for the mess! Ciell (talk) 16:42, 27 December 2018 (UTC)[reply]
Hello again. I have unprotected the banner (so to speak, given that it's in the MediaWiki namespace it's always protected). You should be able to revert now, otherwise I'm happy to assist. Best regards, —MarcoAurelio (talk) 16:46, 27 December 2018 (UTC)[reply]
Thanks for helping out! Ciell (talk) 17:08, 27 December 2018 (UTC)[reply]

Follow up from Wikimania 2019[edit]

Hi Ciell! It was really nice talking to you at Wikimania. We talked about getting you some data regarding blocking for your conversation on Dutch wiki for partial blocks. You mentioned data around how many blocks and their length (per month, year) would be useful. Is there any other data you think could be useful?

Also, I mentioned the project about enhanced privacy protection for unregistered editors on our projects in our conversation. Here’s the meta project page for it: IP Editing: Privacy Enhancement and Abuse Mitigation. Your thoughts are very welcome on the talk page! Feel free to ping me if you have any concerns. Thanks! -- NKohli (WMF) (talk) 18:24, 26 August 2019 (UTC)[reply]

Hello Niharika, NKohli (WMF)!
So glad you found me. I believe I gave you my card, but apparently my email address isn't working any-more, so thank you for reaching out!
Yes, I'd really like some more stats on the amount and sort of blocks we do at the Dutch Wikipedia. I also discussed it with an Italian user who said there where quite a few "lessons learned" on the Italian Wikipedia, which I want to look into a bit more. I'll get back to you on that by email (now that I've got your name).
Just after Wikimania Johan from the WMF came to our Village Pump and asked the community for input on the Talk:IP Editing: Privacy Enhancement and Abuse Mitigation, so I tried to get them involved a bit more. We discussed it here, I think Google translate does a pretty good job Dutch->English. If you want me to summarize, I can try? When is the consulting phase over? Ciell (talk) 19:25, 26 August 2019 (UTC)[reply]
Good to hear that you connected with a user on Italian wikipedia! I'd also love to hear the lessons learned on the Italian wikipedia - it would be great if you could share a summary of it on wiki or with me directly. I am sure this will benefit many other wikis as well. :) As for the stats on blocking for nlwiki, I will put in a request to our data analyst about that.
So glad to hear nlwiki had a discussion about it. The project is kinda in consultation phase for a while - we don't have a deadline yet. What we are really looking for right now is: 1) How are IP addresses used on your project and what are the problems with this process? 2) What tools can we build to help your process? 3) What existing tools do you use which could be improved? I am going to be reworking the project talk page on meta to make it easier to have these focused discussions.
Another thing I am looking for is to get a sense of how many people are aware of privacy considerations of IP address exposure and what's the general community feeling about it. It might be harder to get this info. I'd appreciate any information I can get though. :)
Feel free to reach out to me over here or on email. My email is nkohli@wikimedia.org. Thanks so much, Ciell! I appreciate all the help! -- NKohli (WMF) (talk) 18:47, 28 August 2019 (UTC)[reply]
Ciell The numbers you requested are in task T231602. See if you'd like anything else that might be missing? -- NKohli (WMF) (talk) 17:31, 3 September 2019 (UTC)[reply]

Your Event[edit]

Hey,

Good Luck for your event tommorow. If you have any issues, please let us know. Thanks, RhinosF1 (talk) 22:20, 6 March 2020 (UTC)[reply]

Thank you very much Rhinos! Ciell (talk) 06:56, 7 March 2020 (UTC)[reply]
Your Welcome! RhinosF1 (talk) 08:27, 7 March 2020 (UTC)[reply]

nl.wikimedia[edit]

Hello. Is this a mistake? Minorax (talk) 12:39, 31 March 2020 (UTC)[reply]

Sorry about that, must have been meaning to block a spam account you reported. Thank you for your help! Ciell (talk) 19:09, 31 March 2020 (UTC)[reply]

Closing of Central Notice Request[edit]

Hi Ciell, thank you very much for closing this request. This will help to find some peace again on de. One question: What did you mean by "there will be another German banner active on Wikipedia for that reason already"? I sincerely hope that there is not another banner for the same issue because as an active member of de.wp, I don't know anything about such an idea. Maybe your meaning was, "at the same time", meaning this one? In this case, no problem from my side.Mautpreller (talk) 18:57, 13 April 2020 (UTC)[reply]

Yes, sorry: I meant "at the same time", and indeed I mean the Occasional Editors Campaign. I rephrased my wording on mentioned the request. Thanks for asking! Ciell (talk) 19:20, 13 April 2020 (UTC)[reply]
Thanks a lot!Mautpreller (talk) 19:25, 13 April 2020 (UTC)[reply]

Mail[edit]

Hallo, het betreft de mail die je gisteren stuurde. Ik heb het afgelopen jaar minder deelgenomen aan discussies hier. Zeker bij zo'n onderwerp waarbij de meningen weleens sterk uiteenlopen. De enige discussie die ik me herinner en iets wat recent is, is die over soappersonages op nl:Wikipedia:De kroeg/Archief/20201001. Daar heb ik enkele bijdrages aan gedaan. Ik ben wel niet helemaal zeker of dat wel diegene is, die je bedoelde. Hopelijk helpt dit je verder. TheDragonhunter (talk) 04:05, 16 October 2020 (UTC)[reply]

Oke, dank je! Ciell (talk) 06:35, 16 October 2020 (UTC)[reply]

Re: Dutch translations of the recommendation[edit]

Hi! That's right, I've uploaded the translations (without knowing the language) because I've had access to the translated materials. I've just added the rest of the documents. Have fruitful consultations! SGrabarczuk (WMF) (talk) 17:08, 18 October 2020 (UTC)[reply]

Thank you very much SGrabarczuk (WMF)! Ciell (talk) 17:11, 18 October 2020 (UTC)[reply]

Central Notice-WikiCon Seoul 2020[edit]

Hello Ciell. Could you help me run the central notice?

Unfortunately, it's been delayed a lot. Thank you for reading it. --이강철 (WMKR) (talk) 08:27, 26 October 2020 (UTC)[reply]

@이강철 (WMKR): Can you give me the correct beginning and end times (UTC)? Ciell (talk) 09:33, 26 October 2020 (UTC)[reply]
Beginning 26th Oct 2020 11:00 (UTC) → End : 31th Oct 2020 12:00 (UTC) - Current Plan - 이강철 (WMKR) (talk) 10:22, 26 October 2020 (UTC)[reply]

Gender Gap Banner Translation[edit]

Hi, Ciell: Thanks. There was a "help with translation" link but it took a while until I realized that it's not possible for me to change it. Where would have been the correct place to add my comment?Schrauber5 (talk) 20:10, 2 March 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Hi @Schrauber5: the banners we show to our reades and users come from so called "Central Notices" (not to be confused with the site notices on your local language project). Here on Meta there's CentralNotice with information and we try to keep CentralNotice/Request as up to date as we can - our volunteer time allowing. Ciell (talk) 20:16, 2 March 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Wikidata online Edit-a-thon 2021 Korean[edit]

Hello Ciell. Could you help me run the central notice?

Thank you for reading it. --이강철 (WMKR) (talk) 03:20, 4 June 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Yes check.svg Done! 이강철 (WMKR) to make it easier for me next time, maybe you could give me a plain text when requesting a banner? We design the banners in HTML, not in wikicode and since I can't read Korean (though it does not look hard!), it's a bit of a puzzle for me to find the right sentence you want to have displayed in the banner. I think I've managed, but it might save both of us some time right? For the basic banner as I designed now, I just need
  • A sentence of around 50-70 characters;
  • A link to a WMF owned landing page;
  • one or two images that compliment the banner.
If you would like a more fancy banner, you might want to deliver the HTML code yourself, and I can give you a preview for this banner, but these self-made must be tested on different devices before I can turn it on for all devices - the basic banner I create has been tested on all devices (computer/mac/android/iOS/etc). Ciell (talk) 18:32, 4 June 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Thank you for your translation support[edit]

Dear Ciell,

I am User:Ptinphusmia from the Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos International Team. I want to thank you for your translation support and we are happy to inform you that this year, the campaign will be organized locally by at least 45 Wikimedia affiliates in 40 countries. We have a few days to the start of the campaign (1st of July 2021) and we need your help and support to complete the campaign page. As always, thanks for your help and support. Ptinphusmia (talk) 18:17, 25 June 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Hi Ptinphusmia, nice to meet you. I'm am not completely sure: what is it you are asking? The Dutch translation is complete, are you asking me to complete the Papiamentu translation maybe? I've asked a speaker to help, but maybe she did not have time yet: I'll reach out to her. Or is there anything else you are referring to? Ciell (talk) 20:12, 25 June 2021 (UTC)[reply]
Hi Ciell, nice to meet you too. Surely you did a great job completing the translation and this was a note of thanks in that regard. Thank you for reaching out to the Papiamentu speaker to assist in the translation. Ptinphusmia (talk) 01:45, 26 June 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Wikiproject Witches[edit]

Hey I saw your Wikiproject Witches page and was wondering if you have any kind of presentation ready about it? Would you be able to join a small intro discussion about it online this Saturday late morning? (wrote you on telegram app also) --Zblace (talk) 05:11, 22 July 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Hi Zblace, Yes, I have a presentation. It's in Dutch, but I can easily translate it for you. What time would this discussion be? Are you in the Eastern European time zones? I'm not sure I received your Telegram message. Ciell (talk) 20:00, 22 July 2021 (UTC)[reply]
Nat did a short introduction to it mostly via practice of Wikidata, but if we do a follow up it would be nice to do it also with you and create EN translation. Pitty that Telegram did not reach you. Check same nick also on there please. --Zblace (talk) 19:07, 24 July 2021 (UTC)[reply]
Hi Zblace, great to hear Nat has been able to help you. I think I've found you on Telegram! Ciell (talk) 19:31, 24 July 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Help with CentralNotice - Candidates meeting with South Asia[edit]

Hi Ciell, hope you are doing well. I have a request for help with the CentralNotice for 2021 Board elections candidates meeting with South Asia + ESEAP meeting. I have requested a CentralNotice and it was set up by Ата. I didn't want to disturb her as she is on a Wikibreak. The reason I am reaching out is, strangely, many of the community members I know in both South Asia and ESEAP regions haven't reported seeing a CentralNotice for this event. It would be great if you can help by checking if everything is alright and the banner is actually running. Also, I request for an extension of the end date to 30th Jul. Let me know if you need any other information from me, thanks in advance. KCVelaga (WMF) (talk) 05:04, 23 July 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Hi KCVelaga (WMF), I've changed the diet from 0 to 5 impressions per day, that might help. ;-) Thank you for staying on top of this.
It is a bit strange though that for the second time this week we (the volunteers) are approached by WMF employees to help out with the WMF banners. I know that Seddon has moved on to a different function, but to me it is quite strange that there seems to be no one else with the Foundation that can handle and review your banners...? Ciell (talk) 08:21, 23 July 2021 (UTC)[reply]
Oh, and I extended the banner period now until 30th of July. Please let me know if the banner shows, or that I need to look into this further. Ciell (talk) 08:22, 23 July 2021 (UTC)[reply]
@Ciell: Thanks a lot, yes the banner is showing up now! I am not sure if someone took over Seddon's previous roles, I will check regarding that. Thanks again, KCVelaga (WMF) (talk) 08:34, 23 July 2021 (UTC)[reply]
Thank you for confirming KCVelaga (WMF), and also thanks a lot for the offer to raise this question internally. Ciell (talk) 09:28, 23 July 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Campaigns Product Update #1[edit]

Hello Campaigns Newsletter recipients. We are ready to share our first updates:

What is next? At the office hours, we will share our first version of the designs for the Registration feature, and be asking for feedback. Additionally we will be onboarding our engineering team who will be building the registration feature.

Please invite  other organizers to subscribe to this newsletter or unsubscribe at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Campaigns/Foundation_Product_Team/Subscribers  

The Campaign Product Team

Hi @Astinson (WMF):, could you next time please include a signature with name and at least time stamp in the mass message? thanks!
I noticed this office hour you are mentioning (September 9th) is not on the page you are linking. Is this intentional? I'd really like to call some peoples attention to it, since after we talked about Wikimania about this I have quite high hopes for the alternatives that are being developed. Could you please share some information about this Thursdays office hour on meta as well? Ciell (talk) 07:36, 5 September 2021 (UTC)[reply]

A Community Wishlist Survey update waiting for translation[edit]

Magic Wand Icon 229981 Color Flipped.svg

Hello! Would you be able to translate the newest update about the Community Wishlist Survey 2022? In short: instead of November 2021, the CWS will happen in January 2022. We would also like to make other improvements. We can't do that without having the volunteers' opinions. This is what we ask for in the message.

After the weekend, I'll send this to all Village Pumps, Cafes, Forums, etc. Our team would like as many people as possible not to ignore this message. Let's remove the language barrier.

Thank you! SGrabarczuk (WMF) 01:29, 4 September 2021 (UTC)[reply]

@SGrabarczuk (WMF): Checked the page, brought it in line with the Dutch translations of previous years. Ciell (talk) 07:54, 5 September 2021 (UTC)[reply]

#WPWPCampaign 2021: Request for help with cleanup[edit]

Dear Ciell,

Thanks for organizing the #WPWPCampaign 2021 in your community. We are proud of your work and the campaign outcome this year. We are in the process of cleaning up the articles with errors resulting from the campaign and we kindly request your help with this. Please help with cleanup and consider engaging experienced members of your community in the cleanup. The English Wikipedia has created a filter to track all articles edited as part of the campaign: See the tracked articles on the English Wikipedia. Please review these contributions and fix any errors you could find. See #WPWPWGC for all contributions made as part of the campaign in your community. T CellsTalk 13:18, 15 September 2021 (UTC)[reply]

[Interview Request] Board of Trustees Onboarding Project[edit]

Hello Ciell,

I’m Cassie Casares, a program support associate for the Wikimedia Foundation’s Community Development. I work with Maggie Dennis, the Vice President of Community Resilience & Sustainability. Our department is responsible for many critical operations in the movement, and that includes supporting the Board of Trustees of the Wikimedia Foundation in onboarding into their roles.

We are excited to welcome Victoria Doronina, Lorenzo Losa and Rosie Stephenson-Goodknight to the Board. As we work to help our new trustees better understand the different departments and functions of the Wikimedia Foundation, we also believe it is important to introduce them to different corners and insights of the movement with which they may not have much personal experience. We recognize that these outstanding individuals have extensive experience in the movement but believe it is integral that trustees have a sense of “us” that is global and diverse like our communities. We also hope to use the materials we assemble to help onboard future Board members, including those who join from outside of our movement.

To that end, we are developing a podcast that will be compiled of interviews with different volunteers from across the movement, and we would like to invite you to participate. Erica Litrenta recommended you as a volunteer with community experience that the Board of Trustees will find incredibly valuable.

The interviews will be conducted by Maggie or by my manager, Simona Ramkisson. We would aim to schedule a 60 minute meeting with you that is convenient to your timezone. These interviews will be recorded, with excerpts drawn from multiple interviews to help create a full picture of a range of experiences. In order that people may feel confident to speak frankly, they will be considered a confidential resource, and will not be shared publicly. They will only be provided to the Board of Trustees (now or future) or to onboarding senior Foundation staff, who would also benefit.

We are happy to answer any questions and would also be delighted to set up a time to talk, if you are able to help us with this request.

Best,

Cassie Casares ccasares@wikimedia.org

Hello Cassie, I might be willing to do this, sounds like a very good initiative! I'll email you, so you have my address and we can go over the details. Ciell (talk) 18:17, 13 October 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Discussion about CentralNotice Adminship inactivity and membership[edit]

Hello Ciell. There's an ongoing discussion happening on Meta:Babel that proposes changes to existing Meta:Central notice administrators practices. In particular: membership duration and inactivity. As a current volunteer central notice administrator, your participation in the discussion would be appreciated. Thank you, --MarcoAurelio (via MassMessage) (talk) 10:45, 21 October 2021 (UTC)[reply]

CentralNotice request list is not include our request[edit]

Hello, Ciell.

I'm 이강철 (WMKR) work in Wikimedia Korea.

We are planning WikiConference Seoul 2021 and need Central Notice.

Unfortunately, the list does not include our request, so I am worried that it is missing.

Could you please review our request?

Thank you for reading it.

--이강철 (WMKR) (talk) 09:45, 22 October 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Hi 이강철 (WMKR),
That list is maintained by bot, and I just pinged the bot owner yesterday about the missing updates. Your request is visible to the CN admins under the section 'Queued requests', but you are correct that all of these queued requests might get overlooked now that the template is not being updated, so I'll temporarily remove it to avoid further confusion. Ciell (talk) 20:48, 22 October 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Wikisolidaire 2021[edit]

Hello [[User:Ciell[Ciell]] ,

how are you?

Could you take a look at our banner request and tell me if it's good? thank you very much

Rémy Gerbet WMFr (talk) 08:34, 17 December 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Hi Rémy, I am very busy at the moment. Let me see if I can fit this in tomorrow, but please do not hesitate to ask other CN admins! Ciell (talk) 18:59, 21 December 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Do you have WM Movement glossary among da users?[edit]

Hi, my name is Omotecho (talk), another translator on meta/tech news/2030 Movement Strategy. I am so glad you shared your idea with Kizhiya on the note_WMM Charter.

Now I wish to see if we can find any wikis where they are compiling a glossary to read/comprehend the Wikimedia Movement Strategy, or to be specific, it's Implementation tasks. You have one among ja Wikipedians, born in the 2021 Christmas week. It is focused on grants programs, including MSIG, which stands for "Wikimedia Movement Strategy Implementation Grants".

Per my curiosity, may I ask if Dutch Wikimedia sphere have/exchange ideas on any glossary to WMF official releases? As you might imagine, among ja speaking communities, not only the cultural context, but by "handy" transcribing Latin scripts to Katakana has been a barrier to know the true meaning and context regardless of which discipline you discuss, if only you could benefit to quasi-pronounce that term.

As we are gathering terms to include on the glossary, it is almost deciphering from katakana, back to term in English, read the context, then, to squeeze out a Japanese-kanji term easier to fit, and we need to bridge digital finesse or familiarity with internet jargons at the same time.

FYI: What is happening at jawp.

To knit a glossary, we have been inspired by a grants facilitator who has been with us starting December 2021 from Grants&Governance team. A very low guarded and dedicated person fun to work on jawp, but we have discovered that the facilitator and jawp editors need a word book to communicate, esp the Grants program has been drastically updated, introducing many new terms and abbreviations. On top of that or at the bottom, we are harnessed on two levels: terminology, and the idea of becoming grantees. Volunteer activities have not been expected to demand payment, or we have been indicated we do everything as much as our pocket money could afford. So, ja natives or jawp editors need to learn Grants terminology before actually think about applying for grants. I wish understanding the meaning will open new doors to shift mindset, I cross my fingers.

While I am da-0 and don't read Dutch without machine translation, and if you could point me to other group(s) tackling language gap of this sort, it would be a seatbelt for me to stay on the WMF glossary project on jawp. Cheers, domo arigato, --Omotecho (talk) 15:17, 31 December 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Hi Omotecho, thank you for helping with translations! I can only imagine translation into languages that use characters in their language is even more difficult.
For Dutch ("nl", not "da" ;-) we are privileged because we use the Latin alphabet, so while we do struggle with correct translations of terms like 'equity' and 'harassment', we don't have to create new symbols for the term. In Dutch we don't have a glossary for WMF/Wikimedia terminology, but this is a very good idea, thanks for this. There are a lot of languages connected to the Wikidata item for the glossary on Wikipedia terminology, but you may have found that one yourself already, and these pages do not necessarily handle translations from English, but are more about the meaning of common words and abbreviations used on the local language projects afaik.
Let me alert some fellow Wikimedians to see if they might be able to help you more.
Amir, Jackie, Anass, Abbad: does one of you happen to know of any activities in other languages where they are creating (or have created) a Movement terminology shortlist that could serve as inspiration and help with translating WMF documents into different languages? Ciell (talk) 10:32, 4 January 2022 (UTC)[reply]
When I translated the UCoC into Dutch, I made a python dictionary of all the terms in the text to make sure my translation was consistent. I can give that to you if you like. It's a nice illustration of just how poorly certain concepts work in another context. Vexations (talk) 11:49, 4 January 2022 (UTC)[reply]
Hi @Vexations, this sounds great! Since not everyone might be using python to do translations (I wasn't even aware that this code can help in such cases!), would it also be possible to convert it into a wiki-coded table, and share it on Meta for all to see and build upon? I'd for one would be interested to see the struggles you've experienced with the UCoC translations, we could learn from this I think. Ciell (talk) 21:17, 4 January 2022 (UTC)[reply]
A python dictionary is just a container that stores mappings of unique keys to values. It would be trivial to convert it to JSON and extend it to a version that handles any language. That would be much more useful than a table, but generating a table would also be trivial. Have a look and let me know if you'd still like the table. I've copied what I used to User:Vexations/dict_UCoC. Vexations (talk) 21:32, 4 January 2022 (UTC)[reply]
Hi @Vexations, that does look great and very helpful. Yes, I would prefer a wikitable in stead of the plain text, if possible? Ciell (talk) 19:47, 5 January 2022 (UTC)[reply]
Here you go Ciell: User:Vexations/dict_UCoC_table Vexations (talk) 20:12, 5 January 2022 (UTC)[reply]
Hello, @Vexations, nice talking to you, and what a generosity you offered to translators' circle. I can imagine your hardship deciding to compile a UCoC glossary, been there myself...
@Ciell, thank you for crisp action. If any would entertain your spare time, my User:Omotecho page lists en-ja glossaries I have excavated from jawp and meta-ja spaces.
Well, I was thrilled in 2020 and during UCoC translation, that a meta glossary en-ja had been knitted back in 2007 period by the first generation ja language translators. Very few updates were required, but new entries were not supplied over the years. It served me partly to tackle UCoC translation, however, cross checking jawp Glossary on Wikimedia Terms was needed.
Surely we are 10+yrs behind translators' universal needs for glossaries ((: Almost four Summer Olympics Games have elapsed if I may make a match stick a size of jumping rod. Good day to you, cheers, -- Omotecho (talk) 21:23, 5 January 2022 (UTC)[reply]
Hello Omotecho making the glossary was not difficult. I use a very simple script that gives me all unique words in a text, and then I look up their translation. That becomes the dictionary that I posted earlier. Vexations (talk) 21:43, 5 January 2022 (UTC)[reply]
Good day, @Vexations, oh, so you wrote yourself a script to list unique words, and I have to confess "srcipts" are very foreign to me. My greatest adimiration, turning _green_ with envy, (; Joke aside, my basic ideas that you already have a rich thsauri for Wikimedia terms, then match it with some page so that "unique words" are listed out? (#^-^#);A (blushing sweating: Sounds very childish quetion... ) Thank you for inspiring reply. Cheers, -- Omotecho (talk) 06:33, 8 January 2022 (UTC)[reply]
Hi @Omotecho, User:Vexations/dict UCoC table is where you can find all of the words Vexations has in his python script, with the translations in Dutch (nl) he uses. Does this already help? Maybe you can copy/paste this table into your own user-space and add another column for Japanese? Ciell (talk) 16:16, 8 January 2022 (UTC)[reply]
@Ciell, right, I have downloaded as PDF, thank you. I admire Vexation's list very much (: BTW, bringing any list across writing system into double byte language has a challenge for how we index it.
I might consult with glossary-minded among ja community, and my instinct tells me there be a tech wizard on this kind of matter. Cheers, -- Omotecho (talk) 18:41, 8 January 2022 (UTC)[reply]
@Vexations, Ciell and Omotecho Thank you for this very rich discussion! The glossary idea seems great. For a while now, translators in the Movement Strategy & Governance team have been advocating for similar ideas, and there are indeed some in-progress glossaries in a few languages. My colleagues Denis (who coordinates translations) and Yumiko (who is the Japanese language facilitator) may soon reply with more relevant information about those glossaries, and how they relate to this discussion --Abbad (WMF) (talk) 17:42, 7 January 2022 (UTC).[reply]
@Omotecho,@Ciell,@Vexations,@Abbad (WMF), thank you so much for this discussion! Python and JSON are too difficult for me! (I'm crying). Omotecho's glossary is essential for all Japanese translators.
I didn't know the Project: Glossary on WikiData!
I've sent a spreadsheet of a project by Denis to Omotecho. YShibata (WMF) (talk) 08:13, 8 January 2022 (UTC)[reply]

@Vexations, Ciell and Omotecho - good day to all of you! I have learnt a lot by reading all these things. The Movement Strategy and Governance Team has just recently started an initiative to develop an internal glossary for it's work, called Termbase. We are using it in combination with translation tools which often struggle with wikispecific terms. It's supposed to collect many of the wikispecific terms we are confronted with in our daily translation work and to develop a set of translations to make our translations of terms consistent.
From the start of the project we wanted to share this with volunteers as there are many glossaries around, often outdated or incomplete. As of now it is only available for ES/FR/DE/IT and we were thinking to complete it first. But I am sharing it with you right away though, as I very much appreciate the energy here and would love to contribute to this very valuable discussion. Here it is: Movement_Strategy_and_Governance/Termbase I would appreciate to discuss it and I hope we can find a way to combine our efforts? Doing it the wiki-way is actually the best. DBarthel (WMF) (talk) 08:09, 10 January 2022 (UTC)[reply]

@DBarthel (WMF), hello, thank you for the update, and wow the universal glossary which local glossary could relate to. For jawp, handful of editors including myself is on a draft glossary, en-ja. [1] [2] It's accepting more basic Wikimedia Movement terms as well, but initially set to aid Grants proposal for 2022; then came RfC 2022 Board election prep work, which made opinions vary how narrow/wide we set our scope. Three weeks since it's birth, caretakers are becoming exhausted to nurture the newborn... Thatvis when your offer of MSG/Termbase arrived d(*^O^*)b bravissimo!
Ahem, I guess if we wish to contrast/compare glossaries and plain word lists across wikis, in line with wiki style/norm we apply, but how?
  • Do we make it a doubble-way road, that anybody can input on any glossary,
  • or read only but accept suggestions/copying from among a circle of glossaries?
I mean, how will a glossary in a local community could be fed back to mw:Movement_Strategy_and_Governance/Termbase?
"capacity building"
For example , the term "capacity building" indicates an idea we find in our everyday life, which old timers would translate something hinting vocational training or apprenticeship. That is a nice try, but not necessarily cover such as mindset shift or understanding Movement Charter. Jawp glossary team has not put capacity building on table yet, adding terms come first for now, but I sense it could be a week long discussion to decide if we keep/yank off that term. It depends on your social experience how you comprehend a term, which you seldom include in your wiki profile on jawp.
Honestly, I have our flag barer in mind who will give us their insight, as that person is actually taking care of building the glossary. Do you think that we might link each other and build a circle of glossary minded people, across languages? I would assist en-ja/ja-en communication support if somebody is shy enough (;
FYI, As you have pointed out, jawp has at least two more theme-specific glossaries or landing pages to understand Wikimedia Movement, for newbies to old timers. I'll see if those are interwiki linked on Wikidata
[1] draft glossary to WMF terms is at /ウィキメディア財団用語集 placed under :
[2] parent page as project:WMF Handbook.
Cheers, -- Omotecho (talk) 09:26, 11 January 2022 (UTC)[reply]

CN Calendar[edit]

Hey, thanks for asking me to do that. I've added two entries, one for the proposal phase and one for the voting phase. SGrabarczuk (WMF) (talk) 20:42, 10 January 2022 (UTC)[reply]

This is displayed for logged-in only (fundraising banners are mostly for logged-out, if I recall correctly) who have published more than 100 edits. It's been the standard setting for the Community Wishlist Surveys. I'll ask the team. If it were up to me, I'd consider making the changes to the next edition (2023). SGrabarczuk (WMF) (talk) 16:53, 11 January 2022 (UTC)[reply]
Hey, we may decrease the range to make the banners less obtrusive. I have a question, though. What do you mean by diets? I'm not sure where I should be looking at when comparing the pages you've kindly linked to. SGrabarczuk (WMF) (talk) 22:37, 11 January 2022 (UTC)[reply]
I've reduced the banner impressions to 10 displays per week at max, that's twice as much as we usually set up. For diets, see further the FAQ. Best, —DerHexer (Talk) 08:21, 12 January 2022 (UTC)[reply]

Contact details on Central Notice[edit]

Hi @Ciell,

Hope you are doing well. I got a quick question, across Central Notice Seddon is still listed as a main contact as well as an emergency contact. Should we change this? I could find the following:

CentralNotice/Usage guidelines#Fundraising - I guess that can be changed to me

Special:CentralNotice and Special:CentralNoticeLogs - I would suggest just taking Seddon's name away there and leave the link to wikimedia fundraising? What are your thoughts?

I might not have found all instances. Let me know what you think and what parts I should take care off. Also please tag other Central Notice admins as needed.

Cheers, JBrungs (WMF) (talk) 08:11, 27 January 2022 (UTC)[reply]

Hi Julie),
For the first one: definitely, go ahead!
For the second one, I am not sure... If stuff breaks, people need an emergency contact. 'Wikimedia fundraising' is not a person, is not to be found on IRC, or discord, cannot be pinged... I think that actually was Seddons role for the Central Notices: more then a 'point of contact' about banners and campaigns, he could help out when people (whether they were users from a project, CN admins, or stewards) needed help to unbreak stuff, they had a name from a person they could try and find. Ciell (talk) 21:16, 28 January 2022 (UTC)[reply]
Hi @Ciell,
Great. I went ahead and changed the first link. With regards to the emergency contact, I will bring this up internally and see what people here think would be a good solution so I will get back to you on that. Best, JBrungs (WMF) (talk) 08:31, 31 January 2022 (UTC)[reply]
Hi @Ciell,
I am drafting a document to help avoid scheduling conflicts between community campaigns and fundraising campaigns and I would love your input. Could you drop me an email at jbrungs at wikimedia dot org so I can share the draft with you? Best, JBrungs (WMF) (talk) 11:29, 15 February 2022 (UTC)[reply]
Hi @Ciell,
Me again with a CN question :). You took archived the tax banner campaigns in Hungary and Poland from the calendar but these are still going on till May. I am not sure how to reverse just part of your edit. Can you show me or revert it so those two come back to the calendar? Thank you, JBrungs (WMF) (talk) 06:43, 23 February 2022 (UTC)[reply]
Hi @JBrungs (WMF),
Very sorry about this! To revert the action the archive is at CentralNotice/Calendar/Archive#2022, and you can just place them back in case of an error like this, or alert me here - correcting my own mistakes is the least I can do. Ciell (talk) 18:26, 23 February 2022 (UTC)[reply]
Thanks @Ciell,
I cannot see the Poland and Hungary campaign up again and I don't want to revert to an old version as other people now have made edits as well. Im will add them again (also I cannot find those two in your archive link, they have vanished) :) I think the national tax fundraising for User Group has been decided against though and can go again. Editing fun on CN :) Thank you, JBrungs (WMF) (talk) 07:00, 24 February 2022 (UTC)[reply]
Hi @JBrungs (WMF),
I am afraid we might be getting things confused here: the CN calendar is not connected to the admin interface. The calendar is a wiki page for coordination purposes, while the admin interface is the place where the actual campaigns are listed. In theory you can start campaigns without listing them in the calendar, or creating a request page: it is really for transparency and courtesy (and with that feedback options), that we create this information onwiki even though anyone with the right user rights can just go ahead and set up a campaign and from the technical point of view would not even need the calendar or a request.
In the admin interface, you can check the box next to the "show archived campaigns" at the top of the table, to also see former campaigns, and the admin interface at the moment shows campaign banners called WMHU for three periods of time (feb/march/april), and the one for this month has ended on the 21st, so last Monday. I don't see any campaigns for PL -active or inactive-: are you sure they were created? Because they should show up in this list if they were.
I restored the calendar notices for both the HU and PL campaigns from the archive yesterday, so it makes sense that they are not in the archive anymore: they are however back in the calendar and again the calendar does not have any influence on the actual banners or campaigns.
Does this help? Ciell (talk) 11:55, 24 February 2022 (UTC)[reply]
Hi @Ciell,
Thank you for this! CN keeps on surprising me. Yes I was only talking about the Calendar and not the admin interface (I go there every now and then but just to see what is live, I do no work on that page). From my side the Calendar looks all good again. I just want to make sure all our confirmed fundraising campaigns are there so we can avoid scheduling conflicts etc.
Thanks for unwrapping the CN workings a bit further for me and for your help. Best, JBrungs (WMF) (talk) 11:59, 24 February 2022 (UTC)[reply]
Ah, yes: I see now how my message yesterday was not clear in that I already restored your campaigns in the calendar. Sorry about the confusion I caused, and thanks for asking me to extra clarify!
Have a good day. Ciell (talk) 12:03, 24 February 2022 (UTC)[reply]

Admin[edit]

Hoi Ciell,
Misschien een idee om jezelf in deze categorie te zetten?
Hartelijke groeten, Klaas `Z4␟` V:  15:09, 15 May 2022 (UTC)[reply]

Zou in theorie kunnen maar ik heb het al druk genoeg as is en heb even niet de behoefte nòg vindbaarder te worden. ;) Ciell (talk) 15:12, 15 May 2022 (UTC)[reply]

Help with Montage[edit]

Hello @Ciell, Please assist us with montage tool for Wiki Loves Africa 2022 in Botswana competition. The activity started on 15th February 2022 00:01 EAT – 30th April 2022 11:59 EAT.

Thank you. Shoodho

Thank you so much for reaching out Shoodho, your campaign is now ready for your to set up. The link is available for you on the Montage talk page on Commons. Happy judging!! Ciell (talk) 19:48, 20 May 2022 (UTC)[reply]