Jump to content

User talk:Kiril Simeonovski

Add topic
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Latest comment: 1 month ago by Kiril Simeonovski in topic Urgent - WikiOutdoor Training 2024 application

Afrikaans | العربية | অসমীয়া | asturianu | azərbaycanca | Boarisch | беларуская | беларуская (тарашкевіца) | български | ပအိုဝ်ႏဘာႏသာႏ | বাংলা | བོད་ཡིག | bosanski | català | کوردی | corsu | čeština | Cymraeg | dansk | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form) | Zazaki | ދިވެހިބަސް | Ελληνικά | emiliàn e rumagnòl | English | Esperanto | español | eesti | euskara | فارسی | suomi | français | Nordfriisk | Frysk | galego | Alemannisch | ગુજરાતી | עברית | हिन्दी | Fiji Hindi | hrvatski | magyar | հայերեն | interlingua | Bahasa Indonesia | Ido | íslenska | italiano | 日本語 | ქართული | ភាសាខ្មែរ | 한국어 | Qaraqalpaqsha | kar | kurdî | Limburgs | ລາວ | lietuvių | Minangkabau | македонски | മലയാളം | молдовеняскэ | Bahasa Melayu | မြန်မာဘာသာ | مازِرونی | Napulitano | नेपाली | Nederlands | norsk nynorsk | norsk | occitan | Kapampangan | Norfuk / Pitkern | polski | português | português do Brasil | پښتو | Runa Simi | română | русский | संस्कृतम् | sicilianu | سنڌي | Taclḥit | සිංහල | slovenčina | slovenščina | Soomaaliga | shqip | српски / srpski | svenska | ꠍꠤꠟꠐꠤ | ślůnski | தமிழ் | тоҷикӣ | ไทย | Türkmençe | Tagalog | Türkçe | татарча / tatarça | ⵜⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖⵜ  | українська | اردو | oʻzbekcha / ўзбекча | vèneto | Tiếng Việt | 吴语 | 粵語 | 中文(简体) | 中文(繁體) | +/-

Welcome to Meta![edit]

Hello Kiril Simeonovski!, and welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Wikimedia Forum (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). Happy editing! Mikhailov Kusserow (talk) 06:41, 31 March 2009 (UTC)Reply

wikimedia Macedonia[edit]

It would be a very good timing if you could send to ChapCom, complementing info according to what I wrote on my discussion page. I see that you now have over 30 on your list. That and the person from Albanian wp makes a much stronger case for you. We have just a few day if your application should be send to the Baord for an approval by their meeting by end of August (their next meeting is in middle November). Anders Wennersten 17:12, 11 August 2009 (UTC)Reply

Regarding your question, the resolution right now sits with the Board, I don't have any timeframe the only thing I can ask of you is to be patient :).--DamianFinol 14:17, 2 September 2009 (UTC)Reply

Translator, We need you![edit]

Dear Kiril Simeonovski,

You have helped us in previous years with translations and for that we are most grateful. Now we turn towards the 2011/12 fundraiser. It may seem forever away, but work has already begun getting everything ready to go. This year we want to have landing pages covering as many countries in as many languages as possible.

Right now, we want to figure out who is interested in translating for the fundraiser. This year we're hoping to have more of a solidified "core" group of translators that we can count on to have work done by a few key dates, but we'd also welcome help from people who are willing to just help out when they can.

If you would be interested please take a look at this little sign-up survey and fill it out http://survey.wikimedia.org/index.php?sid=13638&newtest=Y&lang=en. With that we can start building a list of people and filling any gaps in the languages we serve.

Many Thanks

Joseph Seddon (User:Jseddon (WMF))

Production Coordinator
Wikimedia Foundation
Jseddon (WMF) 00:46, 9 July 2011 (UTC)Reply

Grants talk:WM FI/Tervetuloa Wikipediaan![edit]

I've replied you there. Regards, Nemo 21:15, 11 May 2012 (UTC)Reply

WM-ZA: Gauteng Grant[edit]

Hi there. I have answered your question here. Thanks for having a look. --Thuvack (talk) 10:51, 15 June 2012 (UTC)Reply

Questions for FDC candidates[edit]

Hi :-) thank you for putting yourself forward for the FDC. I want to draw your attention to the list of questions that people can answer to help the Board of Trustees learn more about the people volunteering for the committee. [1] Look forward to seeing your answers. Sydney Poore/FloNight (talk) 22:02, 14 August 2012 (UTC)Reply

Your comments are invited on four current FDC proposals[edit]

Hello! As you may know, we've opened the community review period for the current funding round in the Funds Dissemination Committee process. I noticed that in the past you expressed interest in the FDC, since you were a nominee for the committee. I'd like to invite you to review the 4 proposals (totaling $1.3 million USD) that were submitted to the FDC, and to ask questions and share comments about those proposals. You can help to ensure that they have high potential for impact regarding the movement's goals. The FDC especially values comments by community members and will take them into account when they prepare their recommendations. Let me know if you have any questions! --Katy Love, Senior Program Officer, Funds Dissemination Committee, Wikimedia Foundation, 22:36, 14 March 2013 (UTC)Reply

The first wiki-concert[edit]

Please express your opinion on the Grants:WM UA/Free Vocal Music concert, as the wiki-concert is planned on May, 15, and we need to know the GAC decision at least a day in advance. --Perohanych (talk) 21:11, 11 May 2013 (UTC)Reply

Gràcies/Thank you[edit]

Viquimarató 35 hores a la Fundació Miró (abril 2013) / 35-hour edit-a-thon at Miró Foundation (April 2013)
Viquimarató 35 hores a la Fundació Miró (abril 2013)
35-hour edit-a-thon at Miró Foundation (April 2013)

Hola, gràcies a la teva firma donant suport a la nostra associació. El passat dia 5 de juny Amical Wikimedia (Associació Amical Viquipèdia) va ser reconeguda pel Consell d'Administració de la Fundació Wikimedia com a Organització Temàtica. Pots veure el comunicat de l'associació en català aquí o el comunicat de la WMF en anglès aquí. Per a la nostra associació és una fita molt important, portàvem 5 anys demanant ésser un organisme oficial. Nosaltres continuarem la nostra tasca de promoció al carrer i a les institucions de la Viquipèdia i els seus projectes germans arreu dels territoris de parla catalana.

Hello, thanks for your signature giving support to our association. Last 5th of June Amical Wikimedia (Associació Amical Viquipèdia) was recognised by the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees as a Thematic Organization. You can read the news bulletin of our association in Catalan here or the WMF's bulletin in English here. For our association, this is a very important achievement: we have been pursuing the official recognition for the last 5 years. We are going to continue the task of promoting Wikipedia and its sister projects all around the Catalan-speaking regions.

Moltes gràcies, Thank you --Davidpar (talk) 19:16, 14 July 2013 (UTC)Reply

Review of Program Submissions[edit]

Dear User:Kiril Simeonovski, I reviewed the submissions for the program and added comments. Please contact me about the Program Committee’s next steps on my W:en:user:geraldshields11 talk page. Geraldshields11 (talk) 13:35, 24 March 2014 (UTC)Reply

2014 FDC self-nomination[edit]

Hello, Kiril! Thank you very much for submitting your nomination to join the Funds Dissemination Committee. I am Katy, and I am working with the Board representatives to the FDC on the FDC nominations process. As you know, the public question and answer period is now underway. Please do review the questions and respond to them as you are able. If you are selected for an interview, kindly note that interviews will be held the week of the 23rd June and the 30th, if necessary. If the Board appoints you to the FDC, we will be holding orientation for members prior to Wikimania on August 6 and 7 in London. If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to reach out to me on my Talk page or at FDCsupport@wikimedia.org. Once again, thank you very much for putting yourself forward as a candidate for the FDC! KLove (WMF) (talk) 00:08, 20 June 2014 (UTC)Reply


Admit it, you had been waiting in order to be 788th. :p Now the letter is stronger than the board. --Nemo 07:05, 5 September 2014 (UTC)Reply

Never mind, it still counts and makes the letter stronger. :)--Kiril Simeonovski (talk) 07:34, 5 September 2014 (UTC)Reply

Inspire Campaign Funding Committee[edit]

Hi Kiril. Thanks so much for signing up to participate on the Inspire Campaign Funding Committee! We really appreciate your support and willingness to share your time and expertise. We'd love to get your feedback on the funding page we've created for the campaign. Please post any questions/comments on the discussion page. If you can no longer serve on the committee or would like to contact me directly, please email awang(_AT_)wikimedia.org. Thanks again! Alex Wang (WMF) (talk) 20:44, 16 February 2015 (UTC)Reply

You're invited to the Ally Skills Workshop at Wikimania![edit]

You were suggested as someone who might be interested in the Ally Skills Training Workshop at Wikimania! The workshop is designed to train Wikipedia admins to be more aware of sexism and is funded by an Inspire grant. The workshop will focus on teaching specific skills and techniques directly relevant to Wikipedia admins and editors, and in particular will teach people about the psychology of trolls. The workshop will be on Thursday July 16 from 2pm to 5pm in Don Diego 3.

If you are attending Wikimania, you are invited to apply to the Ally Skills Workshop! Space is limited and we may not be able to accept all applications, so apply now. More information, including a link to the application form, is here:

Ally Skills Workshop description and application form

People of all genders are welcome to attend. Unfortunately, travel scholarships for Wikimania are already closed and we don't know of any other sources of travel funding. If you know anyone else attending Wikimania who might be interested in attending this workshop, please encourage them to apply!

Thank you for your time,

Valerie Aurora (Instructor and Interim Executive Director of the Ada Initiative)

Valerie Aurora (talk) 22:39, 10 July 2015 (UTC)Reply

How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?[edit]

Hi! The Wikimedia Foundation would like your input on how we can reimagine Wikimedia Foundation grants to better support people and ideas in your Wikimedia project.

After reading the Reimagining WMF grants idea, we ask you to complete this survey to help us improve the idea and learn more about your experience. When you complete the survey, you can enter to win one of five Wikimedia globe sweatshirts!

In addition to taking the the survey, you are welcome to participate in these ways:

This survey is in English, but feedback on the discussion page is welcome in any language.

With thanks,

I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources, Wikimedia Foundation.

(Opt-out Instructions) This message was sent by I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) through MediaWiki message delivery. 01:24, 19 August 2015 (UTC)Reply

Last call for WMF grants feedback![edit]

Hi, this is a reminder that the consultation about Reimagining WMF grants is closing on 8 September (0:00 UTC). We encourage you to complete the survey now, if you haven't yet done so, so that we can include your ideas.

With thanks,

I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources, Wikimedia Foundation.

(Opt-out Instructions) This message was sent by I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) through MediaWiki message delivery. 19:09, 4 September 2015 (UTC)Reply

Inspire Campaign on content curation & review[edit]

I've recently launched an Inspire Campaign to encourage new ideas focusing on content review and curation in Wikimedia projects. Wikimedia volunteers collaboratively manage vast repositories of knowledge, and we’re looking for your ideas about how to manage that knowledge to make it more meaningful and accessible. We invite you to participate and submit ideas, so please get involved today! The campaign runs until March 28th.

All proposals are welcome - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is welcome - your skills and experience can help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign to improve review and curation tasks so that we can make our content more meaningful and accessible! I JethroBT (WMF) 05:39, 29 February 2016 (UTC)Reply

(Opt-out Instructions) This message was sent by I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) through MediaWiki message delivery.

Through June, we’re organizing an Inspire Campaign to encourage and support new ideas focusing on addressing harassment toward Wikimedia contributors. The 2015 Harassment Survey has shown evidence that harassment in various forms - name calling, threats, discrimination, stalking, and impersonation, among others - is pervasive. Available methods and systems to deal with harassment are also considered to be ineffective. These behaviors are clearly harmful, and in addition, many individuals who experience or witness harassment participate less in Wikimedia projects or stop contributing entirely.

Proposals in any language are welcome during the campaign - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is appreciated, and collaboration is encouraged - your skills and experience may help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign so that we can work together to develop ideas around this important and difficult issue. With thanks,

I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 17:47, 31 May 2016 (UTC) (Opt-out instructions)Reply

Wikimania 2017[edit]

Hi Kiril, I'm looking forward to see xou at Wikimania 2017! --Sebastian Wallroth (talk) 05:53, 17 May 2017 (UTC)Reply

Hallo Sebastian. Ich freue mich sehr auch darauf. Großen Gruß. --Kiril Simeonovski (talk) 06:33, 17 May 2017 (UTC)Reply

Community engagement survey for the Iceland Conference 2018[edit]

Commons Photographers User Group
Hello Kiril Simeonovski,

As your username is indicated in the list of the members of the Commons Photographers User Group, you are kindely invited to answer this survey in the order to shape the upcoming Iceland Conference 2018 and help the organizing team.
Thanks! --Dyolf77

User Group page | Leave a message to the user group

Wiki Loves Food[edit]

Curd Rice
Curd Rice

Hello! After the successful pilot program by Wikimedia India in 2015, Wiki Loves Food (WLF) is happening again in 2018 and this year, we are going International. To make this event a grant success, your direction is key. Please sign up as a volunteer or sign up on behalf of your affiliate here.--Abhinav619 (talk) 16:22, 27 April 2018 (UTC)Reply

Changes to past issues of the CEE Newsletter[edit]

Hello, Kiril. While I think that we don't have it written "black on white", I think it is obvious that adding content to already closed issues like this is not a good idea, for a number of reasons. The least, of course, being that the readers of the December 2017 issue will probably never see content added retroactively in October 2018, and also, the issues is being sent by the Mass Message Delivery Bot to all subscribers, and this change now cannot be updated to all the pages where the subscribers have requested delivery. I would recommend instead to contribute with new content to the current volume CEE/Newsletter/Newsroom, but when a volume is finalized my intuitive understanding is it should remain as it is. Spiritia 12:34, 29 October 2018 (UTC)Reply

@Spiritia: Hi Vassia. You have a good point and I apologise for the inconvenience. I have immediately reverted the change and brought back the report to its stable version. In relation to this, do you think we should allow reporting activities that happened in the previous months (and were not timely included in the corresponding monthly newsletters) in the newsletter for the current month? For me, this is also highly inappropriate, as the monthly basis of the newsletter precisely frames the time period that should be covered. Best regards.--Kiril Simeonovski (talk) 09:20, 31 October 2018 (UTC)Reply

[Wikipedia & Education User Group] Updates: November 2018[edit]


Integrating Wikimedia with education is a powerful strategy for the outreach of Wikimedia projects. Realising this concept, a group of leaders promoted this and formed the Wikipedia Education Collaborative. After some time, this evolved to become a user group, officially recognised by the Affiliations Committee in June 2018. The user group had its first board elections earlier in September. In the process to formalise activities and give a shape the user group for long-term sustainability, we are now revamping our processes. Thanks for supporting us during incubation stages, we are now inviting you to formally join the user group by following the instructions on the members' page. Being a member will allow you to be a part of this wonderful collaboration and also do interesting stuff.

Kind regards
On behalf of Wikipedia and Education UG, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 11:44, 10 November 2018 (UTC)Reply


Hey Kiril, saw that you are adding an event for the Macedonian Wikipedia at at this page. Are you able to set up a Programs and Events dashboard for this? Do you need any help? Astinson (WMF) (talk) 23:22, 4 December 2019 (UTC)Reply

@Astinson (WMF): Hi Alex and thanks for the reminder. I have set up a dashboard for the localised initiative on the Macedonian Wikipedia as an article-scoped programme in order to get track of edits made by users in the general category on human rights. I would be very thankful if you help me on how to assign this category to all participants in the initiative so that their edits are counted only from articles in the category or its subcategories. Thanks in advance. Best regards.--Kiril Simeonovski (talk) 08:19, 5 December 2019 (UTC)Reply
So I added a really deep petscan id: see it here -- but it might be too deep -- you still need a list of editors to go with it as well, to make sure that you get edits from them. Astinson (WMF) (talk) 18:31, 5 December 2019 (UTC)Reply
@Kiril Simeonovski:, there are a lot of articles that are getting added to the campaign that aren't really in the scope of #WikiForHumanRights because of the depth of the Petscan query: do you think you could refine it, by reducing the depth or removing some of the subcategory trees so that we get a more refined sense of how much participation was in the campaign? I went through and did some manual removal from the events, but its hard to do that in a language I don't read. Thanks :) Astinson (WMF) (talk) 16:33, 21 January 2020 (UTC)Reply
@Astinson (WMF): Hi Alex. Yes, I can do it. Thanks for reaching out to me about this.--Kiril Simeonovski (talk) 16:47, 21 January 2020 (UTC)Reply
@Astinson (WMF): I tried to reduce the depth of the Petscan query from 5 to 2 but it remains unchanged after refreshing the page. Another thing that needs correction is the number of uploaded images to Wikimedia Commons outside the human rights category that gets counted as well. At the end, we managed to extend a partnership with the local Institute for human rights that will result in a Human rights edit-a-thon in the beginning of February (shortly after the original run ends) and there will be additional adjustments to capture the outcome from that event. Best.--Kiril Simeonovski (talk) 08:07, 22 January 2020 (UTC)Reply

Sunday August 23: Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Strategic flock of Wikimedians heading in a new direction.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a proposed forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

The idea is to follow up on the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting and other strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates, and you are all invited to RSVP here.--Pharos (talk) 15:16, 21 August 2020 (UTC)Reply

WAM2020 welcomes your support![edit]

Wikipedia Asian Month 2020
Wikipedia Asian Month 2020

Hello Kiril Simeonovski,

Thank you for joining WAM 2020 as an organizer. We appreciate your help to get the central banner localized in your language.

You can visit here and select your language (which language you want the contents to be translated into) and then translate it.

WAM International Team thanks you for your support.

Kind regards,

Wikipedia Asian Month International Team, 2020.10

Hello~I cannot find the Macedonian Wikipedia Asian Month 2020 Fountain pages. Could you help me?--KOKUYO (talk) 18:14, 25 October 2020 (UTC)Reply
BTW, we found that some Fountain pages cannot be displayed properly (like Latvian Wikipedia), and contacted Le Loi (the tool developer) for this question. He says these pages haven't been created or approved yet.
The Macedonian Wikipedia Asian Month Fountain pages need admin (from Macedonian Wikipedia) to go to their profile (chick their name at top of the page), select "approval" and approve the editahon. (like this) This change is to prevent creation of vandal editahon with attacks in the title.
I hope this information will help you. If you have any question, please tell me.--KOKUYO (talk) 09:33, 26 October 2020 (UTC)Reply
@KOKUYO: Hello and thanks for the instructions. I have created a Fountain page for the writing contest on the Macedonian Wikipedia and it is available here. Best regards.--Kiril Simeonovski (talk) 10:05, 26 October 2020 (UTC)Reply

Guidance of Fountain tool[edit]

Dear organizers,

Here is a guidance of Fountain tool. If you are wondering how to create an editathon on fountain or want to check the editathon be created or not before WAM start, please feel free to have a look.

Looking forward to meeting you online soon.

WAM International team 2020.10

Naming contest support[edit]

Hi. Thank you for participating with your edit at one entry. However, we are using a different system for this vote. Please could you rank all of the proposals, either using the blue-button (gadget) at /Names page or manually at /Votes page? Sorry for the confusion, and Thank you! Quiddity (WMF) (talk) 20:14, 6 November 2020 (UTC)Reply

Wikipedia Asian Month 2020: Fountain tool[edit]

Dear organizers:

Fountain cannot accept new articles temporarily because of a problem with the Wikimedia Labs database. It will be back ASAP. Please don’t feel panic. Let's keep fingers crossed for it.


Wikipedia Asian Month International Team, 2020.11

What's Next (Wikipedia Asian Month 2020)![edit]

Wikipedia Asian Month 2020
Wikipedia Asian Month 2020

Congratulations! The Wikipedia Asian Month has ended successfully and you've done amazing work of organizing. What we've got and what's next?

  • We have at least 6,672 articles made during this edition.
  • Make sure all the jury members judge all articles before December 31st, Once you finish the judging, please update this page.
  • There will be two round of qualified participants' address collection scheduled: January 1st and January 10th 2021.
  • Please report the local Wikipedia Asian Ambassador (who has most accepted articles) on this page, if the 2nd participants have more than 30 accepted articles, you will have two ambassadors.
  • Please update the final version of organizer and jury member list on this page.
  • In case you wondering how can you use the Wikipedia Asian Month tool (Fountain) in your own contest, contact the developer Le Loy for more information.
  • If you need some assistance, please feel free to contact us via sending email to info@asianmonth.wiki. To reduce misunderstanding, please contact us in English.

Best wishes,

Wikipedia Asian Month International Team, 2020.12

Wiki of Functions followup[edit]

Hi there, I'm a researcher for the Wikilambda project. Last month we held a naming contest and I'm following up with those who voted to see if you might be willing to provide some feedback to help guide the project.

This would be a 45 minute conversation about your past experience with other Wikimedia projects and thoughts about the future of this new initiative. I'm hoping to gather a wide range of perspectives so I'd be interested in your opinion regardless of whether you plan to have further involvement.

As a way of saying thanks, the research team is offering a $35 gift card (in your local currency) for participation. We could chat by phone or through a website for audio conferencing.

If you're interested just pick a time slot from this calendar link:

Hope to hear from you soon!

// jeff (design researcher) (talk) 12:12, 14 January 2021 (UTC)Reply

A big thank you for organizing #WikiForHumanRights! And please give us feedback![edit]

Both UN Human Rights and the WMF team are really grateful. Initial data suggests that this year we doubled the volume of content created and grew the campaign in languages and geographies. This kind of activation only works when we have local-organizers doing targeted outreach to their communities.

We are still learning how to organize this campaign, would like your feedback. Please fill out this survey at: this google form.

We will use the summary of findings and recommendations from the survey for the report on the campaign and for designing next year’s campaign. Our hope is to support more decentralized events, potentially with less experienced organizers -- so we need your help understanding what worked, what didn’t and what kinds of preparation we need to help communities with next year.

Please note that the collected information in this survey will be treated as in WikiForHumanRights Organizer Feedback Privacy Statement.--MBakni (WMF) (talk) 19:10, 15 June 2021 (UTC)Reply

CEE Meeting: Session on Innovate in Free Knowledge[edit]

Dear Kiril,

I am so super happy to see that our session "Innovate in free knowledge: How can we attract innovators and new projects from the CEE region?" has been accepted for the upcoming CEE Meeting!

With regards to this, there is one minor request for adjustment: I think the "theme" this session is assigned to does not match to our purpose as we are not focussing on GLAM at all. Would it be possible to re-assign us to a more suitable theme? Ideally, "innovation" would be most suitable. But "strategy & community" would also work. Maybe you have another suggestion for us? If we leave the session under the theme GLAM, it will certainly be misleading for the audience to will join the session.

Thank you and looking forward to your feedback!

Kannika (User:Kannika Thaimai (WMDE))

@Kannika Thaimai (WMDE): Sure. I've re-assigned it to "Community & Strategy". Thanks for spotting and reporting that mistake. Best regards.--Kiril Simeonovski (talk) 09:10, 21 October 2021 (UTC)Reply
@Kiril Simeonovski: Wow, thanks for the prompt response! and, thanks for the adaption. Warmest regards, Kannika (User:Kannika Thaimai (WMDE))

re: CEE for Human Rights[edit]

Hi Kiril, yes, technically it is possible. But we need to add a way to recognize such articles. For women there is 'topic=women' as parameter in the template. So if I have a similar topic I can track such articles. I just need a value for each participating wiki. masti <talk> 14:19, 23 March 2022 (UTC)Reply

@Masti: Thanks. The parameter in this case should similarly be 'topic=human rights'. Hopefully, we can make a use of this module. Best regards.--Kiril Simeonovski (talk) 14:43, 23 March 2022 (UTC)Reply
regarding Human rights I did not had time towork on it yet. Will try as soon as possible. masti <talk> 17:33, 30 March 2022 (UTC)Reply
sh.wiki articles were not counted because the CEE template was not connected in Wikidata. I fixed it. So today they should be counted. masti <talk> 17:33, 30 March 2022 (UTC)Reply
@Masti thank you. I am not quite sure I understand fully all the relations of Wikidata and Category system and if I maybe messed up something, so if you catch a minute to illustrate what is needed - that would be super helpful :-p
The CEE stats bot works by using interwikis to CEE Spring template so You need to connect it with other templates via Wikidata for the bot to recognize it. masti <talk> 07:44, 31 March 2022 (UTC)Reply
Also what should I do on in this regards to include incubating Wikivoyage in HBS? -- Zblace (talk) 06:33, 31 March 2022 (UTC)Reply

English Wikipedia CEE Spring 2022[edit]

Hello! I'm messaging you because I understand you were one of the international organizers for CEE Spring 2022. It appears that the event's English language project has been abandoned by its organizers. There's been no input or feedback for the last three months since the event ended. Thebiguglyalien (talk) 05:41, 31 August 2022 (UTC)Reply

@Thebiguglyalien: Hello there. As usual, the international team has secured a prize fund in the amount of up to €400 per community (see the localised landing page for more information on the rules, categories and prizes). KuboF Hromoslav was the local organiser for this year's contest on the English Wikipedia, so you should perhaps contact him about any updates regarding the prize winners. Best regards.--Kiril Simeonovski (talk) 07:02, 31 August 2022 (UTC)Reply
Attempts to contact him have been made on the project page itself and on his user talk page. He has gone inactive and is not responding to pings or messages, which is why I've brought this to you. Thebiguglyalien (talk) 07:07, 31 August 2022 (UTC)Reply
Ah, now it's clearer. I'll discuss this with the other international organisers and reach back to you with more information. Best.--Kiril Simeonovski (talk) 07:11, 31 August 2022 (UTC)Reply
@Thebiguglyalien: The main contact person after the end of the contest is Manfred Werner, so you should definitely approach him with any questions or requests. Best.--Kiril Simeonovski (talk) 07:29, 31 August 2022 (UTC)Reply

Wikimedia & ICOM cooperation[edit]

Dear Kiril,

at the CEE meeting you heard a presentation by Klára Joklová (WMCZ) about the ICOM Southeast Redlist Project, which is aimed at protecting cultural monuments of these regions from theft, unfortunate political events or black sales. We are now convening coordinators from each of the countries included in the Southeast Redlist to hold the first online coordination meeting. If you are interested in getting involved or know of someone from your chapter, volunteer group, etc. who would like to get involved, please feel free to go to this link and vote on the date. I am also sending you a link to Klara Joklová's presentation (as a reminder) and also a link to the project page in English, where you can join.

I look forward to meeting you online and to future collaboration!

Best regards, Eva Vele. Eva Vele (WMCZ) (talk) 16:15, 17 November 2022 (UTC)Reply

Sustainable Development Newsletter[edit]

Hello! Thanks for being a member of Wikimedians for Sustainable Development. We recently did a poll and understood that our newsletter was quite unknown. This is therefore a one-time invitation for all our members to sign up for our monthly newsletter.

Best regards

Semmy1960 (talk) 10:17, 28 December 2022 (UTC)Reply

Invitation to participate in the WQT UI requirements elicitation online workshop[edit]

Dear Kiril Simeonovski,

I hope you are doing well,

We are a group of researchers from King’s College London working on developing WQT (Wikidata Quality Toolkit), which will support a diverse set of editors in curating and validating Wikidata content.

We are inviting you to participate in an online workshop aimed at understanding the requirements for designing effective and easy-to-use user interfaces (UI) for three tools within WQT that can support the daily activities of Wikidata editors: recommending items to edit based on their personal preferences, finding items that need better references, and generating entity schemas automatically for better item quality.

The main activity during this workshop will be UI mockup sketching. To facilitate this, we encourage you to attend the workshop using a tablet or laptop with PowerPoint installed or any other drawing tools you prefer. This will allow for a more interactive and productive session as we delve into the UI mockup sketching activities.

Participation is completely voluntary. You should only take part if you want to and choosing not to take part will not disadvantage you in any way. However, your cooperation will be valuable for the WQT design. Please note that all data and responses collected during the workshop will be used solely for the purpose of improving the WQT and understanding editor requirements. We will analyze the results in an anonymized form, ensuring your privacy is protected. Personal information will be kept confidential and will be deleted once it has served its purpose in this research.

The online workshop, which will be held on April 5th, should take no more than 3 hours.

If you agree to participate in this workshop, please either contact me at kholoud.alghamdi@kcl.ac.uk or use this form to register your interest https://forms.office.com/e/9mrE8rXZVg Then, I will contact you with all the instructions for the workshop.

For more information about my project, please read this page: https://king-s-knowledge-graph-lab.github.io/WikidataQualityToolkit/

If you have further questions or require more information, don't hesitate to contact me at the email address mentioned above.

Thank you for considering taking part in this project.

Regards Kholoudsaa (talk) 16:32, 19 March 2024 (UTC)Reply

Urgent - WikiOutdoor Training 2024 application[edit]

Hi, I noticed that by following the link from this application form I can access all submitted answers, which is bad. I am pretty sure that this must be a mistake. Also, I am a bit confused as to why the application was posted one day before the deadline: would you mind extending it by a few days? I would be very interested, but the form is not open, so it is quite challenging. Thank you! Bencemac (talk) 08:10, 19 May 2024 (UTC)Reply

Hi Bence, thank you for noting it. I’ve rectified the link so that it directs to the application form only. Best regards.--Kiril Simeonovski (talk) 08:28, 19 May 2024 (UTC)Reply