Jump to content

User talk:T Cells

Add topic
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki

Afrikaans | العربية | অসমীয়া | asturianu | azərbaycanca | Boarisch | беларуская | беларуская (тарашкевіца) | български | ပအိုဝ်ႏဘာႏသာႏ | বাংলা | བོད་ཡིག | bosanski | català | کوردی | corsu | čeština | Cymraeg | dansk | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form) | Zazaki | ދިވެހިބަސް | Ελληνικά | emiliàn e rumagnòl | English | Esperanto | español | eesti | euskara | فارسی | suomi | français | Nordfriisk | Frysk | galego | Alemannisch | ગુજરાતી | עברית | हिन्दी | Fiji Hindi | hrvatski | magyar | հայերեն | interlingua | Bahasa Indonesia | Ido | íslenska | italiano | 日本語 | ქართული | ភាសាខ្មែរ | 한국어 | Qaraqalpaqsha | kar | kurdî | Limburgs | ລາວ | lietuvių | Minangkabau | македонски | മലയാളം | молдовеняскэ | Bahasa Melayu | မြန်မာဘာသာ | مازِرونی | Napulitano | नेपाली | Nederlands | norsk nynorsk | norsk | occitan | Kapampangan | Norfuk / Pitkern | polski | português | português do Brasil | پښتو | Runa Simi | română | русский | संस्कृतम् | sicilianu | سنڌي | Taclḥit | සිංහල | slovenčina | slovenščina | Soomaaliga | shqip | српски / srpski | svenska | ꠍꠤꠟꠐꠤ | ślůnski | தமிழ் | тоҷикӣ | ไทย | Türkmençe | Tagalog | Türkçe | татарча / tatarça | ⵜⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖⵜ  | українська | اردو | oʻzbekcha / ўзбекча | vèneto | Tiếng Việt | 吴语 | 粵語 | 中文(简体) | 中文(繁體) | +/-

Welcome to Meta![edit]

Hello, T Cells. Welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Wikimedia Forum if you need help with something (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). Happy editing!

-- Meta-Wiki Welcome (talk) 21:39, 20 July 2014 (UTC)Reply

Welcome to the IEG Committee[edit]

Hi Wikicology,

Thanks for signing up to join the Individual Engagement Grants Committee! It is my pleasure to confirm your membership. We've got a lot to accomplish together, particularly during the next few months, and it will be awesome to have your help.

To make your membership official, please do 2 things as soon as possible (ideally by Sunday September 20th):

  1. Introduce yourself in the IdeaLab.
  2. Send your email address and preferred username to IEGrants(_AT_)wikimedia.org, so that we can subscribe you to the committee mailing list and get you setup on the committee's internal wiki.

Then there are 3 first tasks for active committee members to start on right away:

  1. Read the information in the Committee Workroom (your committee organizing hub on meta), beginning with the getting started guide for new members.
  2. Join at least one working group.
  3. Start giving feedback on open ideas, drafts and proposals! Asking questions to gather information you’ll need to make a recommendation helps prospective grantees think their projects all the way through, and will give us more great proposals to choose from.

Our formal review of proposals starts on October 2nd. WMF staff will be posting information about scoring and selection of proposals on the committee mailing list and in the Workroom soon, so please keep an eye there!

Thanks again for joining us to help make impactful IEGrants :)

-Thepwnco (talk) 11:53, 17 September 2015 (UTC)Reply

Great to hear from you, Thepwnco and I'm glad to be a member of the IEG community. I care deeply about the integrity of the WMF and her projects, and take very seriously my responsibilities as a member of the IEG community. However, I introduced myself already, I didn't saw your September 20th recommendation. I hope it cause no harm ? Warm regards. Wikicology (talk) 13:17, 17 September 2015 (UTC)Reply
@Wikicology: Glad to have you join the IEG Committee! May I ask you to send your email address and preferred username to me directly at mjohnson (_AT_) wikimedia.org? There are some technical issues arising with IEGrants(_AT_)wikimedia.org and so I haven't received notification from you. I'm looking forward to working with you! Cheers, --Marti (WMF) (talk) 17:09, 22 September 2015 (UTC)Reply
Sent! Thanks Johnson. Warm regards! Wikicology (talk) 05:47, 23 September 2015 (UTC)Reply

Thank you[edit]

Thank you for the endorsement of Wiki Loves Africa 2020 Botswana grant proposal. Highly appreciated Shoodho (talk)
Thank you for the endorsement of Tec de Monterrey's newest grant proposal.Thelmadatter (talk) 23:01, 1 July 2016 (UTC)Reply
Good luck with the project. All the best. Wikicology (talk) 08:37, 2 July 2016 (UTC)Reply


hi, believe me, I'm not interested in getting permissions and I'm not a hatcollecting anyway, your comment (really) make me sad -- Ibrahim (talk) 18:30, 18 September 2016 (UTC)Reply

Hi Ibrahim.ID, don't feel sad about my comment. It wasn't intended to hurt your pride and I want you to view it as useful feedback that can help you improve yourself rather than put you down. As we go through life we have plenty of opportunity to learn and improve ourselves. Therefore, no matter what kind of criticism is aimed at you, analyze it to find something you can learn from it. When somebody is attacking your character it is hard to accept, but that does not mean you should ignore it. Criticism aimed at you may not make sense at the time. Generally speaking, there is usually some truth in criticism, even when it appears to be given out of spite and bitterness. It is often the case that a slight on your character is a fair reflection of how another person sees you at that point in time. Take a step back and try to see things from the other person’s point of view, perhaps ask a friend for their honest opinion – use criticism wisely and as a learning experience. See if it is possible to learn a little about how others perceive you, you may be able to use criticism to improve your interpersonal skills. Warm regards. Wikicology (talk) 18:54, 18 September 2016 (UTC)Reply

just a note :)[edit]

Hi Wikicology, at first: thanks for your reply and for your advices, I understand all points on your last comment but I think you maybe not accurate on your judgments on people: in my Global renamer request you said that I have few edits in 5 years and no enough cross-wiki experience, you voted as "support" here (although the user has 15k only since 2009 and very few edits in other projects), and you voted "support" here (global Sysop not GR!) although he has 33k edits (close to me) and cross-wiki edits like me, of course I respect your opinion, but you should reconsider about users you don't know them, edits count is not perfect standard. this is quick note and there is no bad feeling BTW, best regards -- Ibrahim (talk) 12:08, 8 October 2016 (UTC)Reply

Ibrahim.ID, it is not my preference in life to give opinion without careful thought. However, I think you are still mistaken. I didn't supported Ks0stm on the basis of their global contributions. I supported them as a result of their work at Usernames for Administrator Attention where they discuss username violations with users and blocking accounts that do not meet the local username policy. I also supported Biplab Anand because they already have a Global Renaming tool which they have not misused and the user is an active member of the Small Wiki Monitoring Team. Wikicology (talk) 13:46, 8 October 2016 (UTC)Reply
Anyway, your (Support) or (Oppose) are belong to you only with full respect and it's none of my business, I'm talking about my GR request: you vote "Oppose" due to my few contributions and you said that I don't enough cross-wiki experience, although I do all Ks0stm's activities in Arwiki since two years, I also help users in our local page who want to change their names when our GRs not active (by redirect them to Meta page or make a request for non-English speakers), we have 3 GRs only and that explain why I request global renamer, you don't know that I'm #4 in most active administrators in Arwiki.
I know that is a hard decision when we deal with users we don't know them, but at least I'm not a newcomer, my contributions aren't too few (there are a lot of users with global permissions less than me), there are no concerns or troubles, try to assume good faith, this is not my fault if people don't know me before or not contribute in their projects, thank you -- Ibrahim (talk) 20:00, 8 October 2016 (UTC)Reply

Whose Knowledge? user group update[edit]

Hi! Thanks for joining the Whose Knowledge user group - we’re so glad to have you involved!

Here are some updates about recent activities:

  • User group approved: Our user group was officially approved in October - hooray! Big thanks to Raystorm and FloNight for the idea to create a user group for the Whose Knowledge? campaign :)
  • Mapping feminist knowledge at AWID's 2016 Forum: Interested in learning more about what we’ve been doing lately? Read our blog post on what we learned from mapping feminist knowledge at Association for Women's Rights in Developments 2016 Forum.
  • New grant proposal:
    • We’ve proposed a WMF project grant. It would be great to have your feedback and/or endorsement by November 1 if this project interests you!
    • It would also be great to have your help notifying communities already working on systemic bias about this proposal. Here is a draft message - please translate, change as you see fit for your own context, and share in any communities you’re active in on and off-wiki!

Looking forward to doing more together very soon! Siko (talk) 01:30, 18 October 2016 (UTC)Reply

Re: Hi friend[edit]

Yeah I'm fine, thank you friend and I hope you have a good day :) --Ibrahim.ID 17:26, 2 November 2016 (UTC)Reply


UY Scuti Talk 14:58, 31 January 2017 (UTC)Reply

Whose Knowledge? News - February 2017[edit]

Thanks for all of your support for Whose Knowledge? so far! Get ready, we're going to need lots of your help in 2017 :)

What's new in 2017:

1. Volunteers needed

As Whose Knowledge? grows, there are lots of things to do! Can you help?

  • Are you good with data entry, categories, mailing lists or social media? We especially need people to help with organizing knowledge for Dalit History Month, and building out our communications (including this monthly newsletter!) right now!
  • If you're interested in volunteering for these or any other projects, please signup here

2. Pilot projects

Building partnerships and testing our approach with marginalized communities.

  • Dalit History Month: We're working with Equality Labs to support Dalit communities in South Asia and the United States to map knowledge and create Wikipedia content. Dalit History Month edit-a-thons are coming in April!
  • Women's Human Rights Defenders: In partnership with Urgent Action Fund, we'll be supporting a group of women's human rights defenders around the world with more mapping and wiki content creation. Themes and geographies coming soon!
  • Kumeyaay Wikipedia Initiative: Following the 2016 Indigenous People's Day edit-a-thon, we're continuing to work with members of the Kumeyaay tribe in Southern California and Baja to map and contribute indigenous knowledge to Wikimedia projects. A discussion day with Kumeyaay community in San Diego is being planned for May.

3. Funding

We've got financial support for 2017!

  • WMF grant: 6-month funding (February-July 2017) was approved to pilot our approach to mapping knowledge and creating Wikipedia content with the Dalit community and global women's human rights defenders. Thanks for all your endorsements!
  • Shuttleworth Fellowship: Anasuya is a Shuttleworth Fellow! This means we'll be able to spend more time organizing, and have support for convenings, campaign infrastructure, etc.

4. Wikimedia Strategy

Find us at Wikimedia Conference.

  • Anasuya and Siko will be carrying the Whose Knowledge? vision of diversity, pluralism and representation of marginalized communities into movement strategy conversations in Berlin March 2017.
  • What's your vision for the Wikimedia movement? If you have a perspective that you'd like us to help represent in Berlin, please reach out and let us know!

In solidarity,

Siko (talk) 22:07, 7 February 2017 (UTC)Reply

Whose Knowledge?: [April 2017][edit]

Whose Knowledge News
April 2017 • Volume 1 • Issue 2
Activities and Events:
Dalit History Month Events; Wikimania 2017 submissions
Resources lists
Wikimedia Movement:
Wikimedia Strategy: Knowledge is Global
About Whose Knowledge?
If this message is not on your home wiki's talk page, update your subscription.

We hope you enjoy this issue of the Whose Knowledge? News. Please reach out to us if you have any ideas or suggestions! -- Saileshpat using MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 18:47, 1 May 2017 (UTC)Reply

Whose Knowledge?: [July 2017][edit]

Whose Knowledge News
July 2017 • Volume 1 • Issue 3
Activities and Events:
Okvir pilot in Bosnia and Herzegovina; Wikimania 2017
Emancipatory Design Research
Wikimedia Movement:
Letter from Buenos Aires
About Whose Knowledge?
If this message is not on your home wiki's talk page, update your subscription.

We hope you enjoy this issue of the '''Whose Knowledge?''' News. Please reach out to us if you have any ideas or suggestions! -- Saileshpat using MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 16:18, 2 August 2017 (UTC)Reply

Hello; In this page, is over second closure for Nahuatl Wikipedia. Regards.--Marrovi (talk) 23:25, 8 October 2017 (UTC)Reply

Why do you think I would be interested? Go elsewhere, and stop trolling other users. Wikicology (talk) 16:17, 23 October 2017 (UTC)Reply

Wikipedia Library User Group is being renamed![edit]

Hello! In the past few months, the Wikipedia Library User Group has been undergoing some major planning and developments. We just finished our very first open call with the user group members, which was a great success (see the meeting minutes). If you joined us during the meeting, we’d like to thank you for your interest. If not, not to worry, we have lots of things planned for the user group in which you can participate.

This message is to inform you that based on the input received from the user group members and the founding members, it was agreed that the Wikipedia Library User Group’s name be reconsidered by a voting process. As a valued member of the user group, we’d like to invite you to vote on the list of potential names. You can vote by following this link. The poll will run for a timeframe of two weeks. Sent by MediaWiki message delivery on behalf of user group founding members --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 02:59, 17 October 2017 (UTC)Reply

Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election[edit]

Hi T Cells! As promised by the Wikipedia Library team at the inception of the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group, we are conducting an open-election for the steering committee with 5 to 8 positions. Nominations will be accepted from 3 January 2018 to 9 January 2018. If you are interested in being a part of this committee, you can nominate yourself starting January 2nd next year. This position should attract Wikipedians and librarians with dedication and time to lead the user group in its first year. The elections will happen following the nominations phase starting from 10 January 2018 to 23 January 2018. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact WikiLibraryUG [at] googlegroups [dot] com. A message will be sent shortly before the dates linking to the venue for nominations and election. Thank you! On behalf of the user group founding members--MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 04:40, 13 December 2017 (UTC)Reply

Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Nomination Phase[edit]

Hello again T Cells! As stated in our previous message, nominations for the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group steering committee elections are now open and will remain open until the 9th. If you are interested and have read the instructions, please nominate yourself on the election page. Please forward your queries to libraries(_AT_)lists.wikimedia.org, and for private correspondence, please get in touch with one of the founding members. And finally, wishing you a prosperous and happy new year on behalf of the user group founding members! On behalf of the user group founding members --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 08:00, 3 January 2018 (UTC)Reply

Translation request for New Readers Inspire Campaign-- and thanks![edit]

Hi there! I'm contacting you because you've volunteered your time in the past to help translate Inspire Campaigns, or you've expressed an interest about helping to translate. We have a new campaign starting soon about new readers, as we try to encourage contributors to develop ideas on how to inform and invite people to use Wikipedia, especially in places where folks are not aware of it. There are two pages that will need translation:

There will be one additional page for translation that includes the questions we will be asking idea creators when they submit ideas for the campaign. I will notify you when that prose is ready.

Finally, thank you for your support; it's very important to me that these campaigns are accessible to folks across non-English Wikimedia projects, and I wouldn't be able to do that without your time and effort. In appreciation, I'd like to send you a postcard from Chicago where I reside. If you'd like to receive a postcard from me, please e-mail me with an address I contact you at to my work e-mail, cschilling(_AT_)wikimedia.org. I realize this is private information, so if you would prefer not to receive a postcard, that is understandable. Your work to make our projects accessible to everyone is no less appreciated. Please let me know if you have any questions about the prose regarding translation. Thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) 20:33, 8 January 2018 (UTC)Reply

Updates on the user group election and #1Lib1Ref[edit]

Hi everyone, two quick but important updates:

Timeline for nominations and voting[edit]

  • Nominations are extended until 12 January 2018.
  • Candidates will be lightly vetted by the Founding Members (excluding those who are candidates) to help form a well-functioning committee.
  • Vetting will happen from the 13th up to 21 January 2018.
  • Voting will begin on the 22nd of January and end on the 4th of February.
  • To be able to vote, editors must have joined the usergroup before the 21st of January.
  • Results will be announced on or before the 10th of February.

How you can support #1lib1ref[edit]

On behalf of the Founding Members --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 19:50, 10 January 2018 (UTC)Reply

Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Voting Phase[edit]

Hello once again! We are happy to announce that the steering committee election 2018 is now open for voting. Because you have joined the user group by 21 January 2018, you are eligible to vote. As mentioned under the instructions for voters, you can vote support for multiple candidates, at most one support for each candidate. Also, oppose votes are not allowed, but discussions are welcome on the talk page.

On behalf of the Founding Members --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 19:24, 22 January 2018 (UTC)Reply

Community engagement survey for the Iceland Conference 2018[edit]

Commons Photographers User Group
Hello T Cells,

As your username is indicated in the list of the members of the Commons Photographers User Group, you are kindely invited to answer this survey in the order to shape the upcoming Iceland Conference 2018 and help the organizing team.
Thanks! --Dyolf77

User Group page | Leave a message to the user group

Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Results[edit]

Hello everyone! The steering committee election for the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group is finally over and the results you were patiently awaiting for is here! We had many great candidates with awesome skillsets and experience, unfortunately not everyone could make it to the final eight. We are grateful to all the candidates for stepping up and boldly throwing their hat in the ring. It was a difficult choice and they made it. Now, the results. The candidates who made it to the final eight are,

On behalf of the founding members, the TWL team and the user group members, we congratulate the candidates on their successful run and welcome them to the committee. The steering committee and the founding members will soon meet to discuss the handover and next steps of the user group. Thank you--MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 18:56, 16 February 2018 (UTC)Reply

Question for you[edit]

Hi Wikicology

I understand you speak Yoruba. I was wondering if you can translate "village in Indonesia" and "Village in China" for me. Its for Wikidata. Thank you in advance. --Artix Kreiger (Message Wall) 21:22, 22 February 2018 (UTC)Reply

Sure, Artix Kreiger I'm a native speaker of Yoruba language. So, this is the translation: "Abúlé ní Indonesia and "Abúlé ní China" respectively. Regards. Wikicology (talk) 22:19, 22 February 2018 (UTC)Reply

Yoruba wikipedia[edit]

Diff for this warning, please. OneLittleMouse (talk) 10:50, 24 February 2018 (UTC)Reply

Warning removed. I apologize. Regards. Wikicology (talk) 16:42, 24 February 2018 (UTC)Reply

Regarding your edit on Username change venue[edit]

I see that you moved a request from usurpation to simple rename section. Username you requested is already registered. Please check Prophylactic. 1997kB (talk) 07:08, 23 April 2018 (UTC)Reply

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I have chosen T Cells. Wikicology (talk) 09:13, 23 April 2018 (UTC)Reply

Wiki Loves Food[edit]

Curd Rice
Curd Rice

Hello! After the successful pilot program by Wikimedia India in 2015, Wiki Loves Food (WLF) is happening again in 2018 and this year, we are going International. To make this event a grant success, your direction is key. Please sign up as a volunteer or sign up on behalf of your affiliate here.--Abhinav619 (talk) 16:10, 27 April 2018 (UTC)Reply

What's new from the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group[edit]

Hi T Cells! Greetings from the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group. Yes, you heard that right! We are now officially known as the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group (previously, Wikipedia Library User Group). New group contacts are User:Merrilee and User:Sodapopinski7. The elected steering committee has been meeting twice a month ever since their election, working on the organisation and details of user group functioning. Progress is being made and we'd like to keep the members updated.
  • The committee decided to use the libraries(_AT_)lists.wikimedia.org and has started making announcements on the list. Please join the list for future announcements and for internal discussions and communications.
  • The latest meeting minutes of the steering committee meeting (May 14-15, 2018) is now available on Meta.

On behalf of the steering committee,


via--MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 18:47, 27 May 2018 (UTC)Reply

Wikimedia and Libraries User Group updates and Wikimania[edit]

Hi T Cells! Greetings from the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group. Thank you for participating in the poll to help the steering committee plan activities for the year 2018. We received 84 responses, and the results can be found on the resources page. In addition to that, there are a few more things we'd like to share with you.

If you are attending Wikimania,

Bon voyage and have a wonderful Wikimania!

If you are not attending Wikimania, we have you covered too!

  • Please help us plan activities for this year by sharing your suggestions on how to implement the top two ideas from the poll results. The discussion is open on the user group talk page.
  • The latest meeting minutes of the steering committee meeting (June 28-29, 2018) is now available on Meta.

On behalf of the steering committee,


via--MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 17:02, 14 July 2018 (UTC)Reply

JSTOR account redistribution (The Wikipedia Library)[edit]

Hi - according to our records you received a free account for JSTOR through The Wikipedia Library. Because we’ve used up all of our allocated accounts, and it’s been some time since they were distributed, we want to redistribute any accounts that aren’t being used to users on our waitlist.

If you’re still using, or plan to use, your JSTOR access, no problem! Simply head over to the Library Card platform, log in, and request a renewal of your account. You should be able to do this from your user page, or the JSTOR signup page. If you can’t find the renewal button, or have any other issues or questions about this, please feel free to leave a message on my talk page. We’ll begin redistributing inactive accounts in September; if you request renewal after then we will only be able to reactivate your account if we have spots remaining. Thanks, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 13:32, 20 August 2018 (UTC)Reply

Sign-up for Whose Knowledge? on-line newsletter[edit]

Hi everybody,

We are leaving the wiki newsletter format behind and venturing into the email newsletter format. We'd love to keep sharing our projects and adventures with you all! You can sign up here to make that happen.

See you all there!

With love & solidarity,

Claudia - and the WK? Comms Team using MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 21:45, 17 September 2018 (UTC)Reply

[Wikipedia & Education User Group] Updates: November 2018[edit]


Integrating Wikimedia with education is a powerful strategy for the outreach of Wikimedia projects. Realising this concept, a group of leaders promoted this and formed the Wikipedia Education Collaborative. After some time, this evolved to become a user group, officially recognised by the Affiliations Committee in June 2018. The user group had its first board elections earlier in September. In the process to formalise activities and give a shape the user group for long-term sustainability, we are now revamping our processes. Thanks for supporting us during incubation stages, we are now inviting you to formally join the user group by following the instructions on the members' page. Being a member will allow you to be a part of this wonderful collaboration and also do interesting stuff.

Kind regards
On behalf of Wikipedia and Education UG, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 11:44, 10 November 2018 (UTC)Reply

Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Voting Phase[edit]

Hello T Cells! We are happy to announce that the steering committee election 2019 is now open for voting. Because you have joined the user group before 28 February 2019, you are eligible to vote. Not unlike last year, you can vote support for multiple candidates, at most one support for each candidate. Also, oppose votes are not allowed, but discussions are welcome on the talk page.

On behalf of the steering committee,


via--MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 11:43, 20 February 2019 (UTC)Reply

Scheduling conversation regarding Project Grants Committee[edit]

Dear T Cells,

Thank you for your application for candidacy in the Project Grants Committee. We are glad you are interested in serving in this capacity! I would like to speak with you further about this role. Can you please contact me by email at mjohnson (_AT_) wikimedia  · org and let me know 2-3 times when you would be available to meet with me? Looking forward to speaking with you!

Warm regards,

--Marti (WMF) (talk) 22:15, 27 February 2020 (UTC)Reply

@Mjohnson (WMF): I have emailed you. Regards. T CellsTalk 07:10, 28 February 2020 (UTC)Reply

Feb 2020 Open WikiJournal meeting[edit]

Thank you for attending this meeting! The minutes and slides are all recorded here. Feel free to add any additional any things discussed that were missed in the notes.
We hope to hold another open meeting in 3 months. To keep informed, please sign up to the WikiJournal mailing list.
T.Shafee(Evo﹠Evo)talk 10:35, 2 March 2020 (UTC)Reply

Before I do anything[edit]

Hey T Cells. I believe that Translations:Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos/Organizing Team/5/en is meant to be "Designation"? --Minorax (talk) 13:27, 17 April 2020 (UTC)Reply

Minorax and thanks for your help. Yes it is "Designation". Regards. T CellsTalk 13:47, 17 April 2020 (UTC)Reply

Wikipedia Articles Needs Photos/FAQ[edit]

@T Cells: Thanks for welcoming me at my talk page. Could you please look at my question in Wikipedia Articles Needs Photos/FAQ, answer it, and maybe create other FAQuestions? This tab needs to be elaborated. Geert Van Pamel (WMBE) (talk) 07:45, 25 April 2020 (UTC)Reply

Hello Geertivp thanks for your question and suggestion. I have answered the first question at Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos/FAQ and Contest Rules. We will populate the page with additional questions and answers. You may help to suggest more questions, we will answer them accordingly. Regards. T CellsTalk 09:03, 25 April 2020 (UTC)Reply


Greetings, I have fixed the Hindi translation myself on Wikipedia_Pages_Wanting_Photos/CentralNotice. Thought it was better to directly edit it rather than making things lengthy. I hope u guys don't mind. Thanks --Navinsingh133 (talk) 23:14, 7 June 2020 (UTC)Reply

Navinsingh133, Thanks for your support. It means a lot to me. T CellsTalk 17:16, 8 June 2020 (UTC)Reply

Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos/Participate[edit]

Hello. To participate in this event, there is no need to register, just put #WPWP in the edition summary, is that right? Best regards. A.WagnerC (talk) 23:20, 27 June 2020 (UTC)Reply

@A.WagnerC:, that's right. You don't need to register. You only need to put #WPWP in the edit summary of all articles improved with photos. Thank you. T CellsTalk 08:12, 28 June 2020 (UTC)Reply

Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos/Resources[edit]

Hi! Would you mind if we add Wiki Loves Earth categories to the "Photography contests" section? --AntonProtsiuk (WMUA) (talk) 21:17, 30 June 2020 (UTC)Reply

@AntonProtsiuk (WMUA): it was omitted here by mistake. WLE categories are among our priority categories. We apologize for this mistake. Please feel free to add the categories. Thank you. T CellsTalk 21:27, 30 June 2020 (UTC)Reply
Thanks so much! --AntonProtsiuk (WMUA) (talk) 21:44, 30 June 2020 (UTC)Reply

Invitation to complete a survey regarding WPWP Campaign[edit]

Hello T Cells,

Many thanks for participating in the WPWP campaign.

We are excited about the level of participation, this year and we are happy to inform you that over 90,000 articles were improved with photos in 272 languages Wikipedia.

We'd love to get your feedback. Your feedback will allow us to better meet your expectations for the campaign in the next editions.

Please complete a brief survey so that we may learn about your participation in the campaign, strengths, challenges and your expectations. This information will enable us to improve the next editions of the Campaign.

Follow this link to the Survey:

Or copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser:

Thank you in advance for taking this survey. Stay safe!

Kind regards,
Tulsi Bhagat contribs | talk ]
Communication Manager, WPWP Campaign
-- Message sent using MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 05:17, 23 September 2020 (UTC)Reply

Wikimedia Conference Grants Committee[edit]

Hello! I wanted to reach out to you in my capacity as one of the two program officers for the Wikimedia Conference Grants program and our point of contact for the community committee which is helping us to strategize about and review incoming conference grants. I wanted to acknowledge your application to the committee which you submitted here: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Conference/Committee/Candidates and talk about some next steps :) We may have a few more candidates for this round applying shortly (don't worry, there is not maximum number that we can accept). At that point we will discuss with our existing committee, do an eligibility review, and then if all goes well schedule a short meeting with you where we can talk through the role of a committee member and help understand your motivations for joining so we can make sure to prioritize letting you participate in ways that you will find interesting and valuable. Would you be able to email me at rfarrand@wikimedia.org so we can discuss next steps? Rfarrand (WMF) (talk) 22:25, 24 September 2020 (UTC)Reply


HELLO Mr.Isaac,on behalf of the user group in Rwanda,I am to thank you for all your guidance that led to the successful organization and completion of the wpwp campaign in Rwanda and for the endorsement on our proposal to organize the wikipedia 20 celebrations in Rwanda,,,,,Be blessed Ndahiro derrick (talk) 12:43, 2 October 2020 (UTC)Reply

Thank you, @Ndahiro derrick:. Please feel free to contact me when you need any help. T CellsTalk 09:01, 26 January 2021 (UTC)Reply

WLA Webinar on copyright and licence[edit]

Hello Isaac,

I have been thinking that it might be useful to have a (recorded) webinar to talk about licences, freedom of panorama, de minimis, permission, image monitoring, watermarks, etc. What do you think ? I'd love you to be on it. Anthere (talk) 22:11, 25 January 2021 (UTC)Reply

This is a good idea @Anthere:. When do you want to schedule the webinar? T CellsTalk 09:00, 26 January 2021 (UTC)Reply
Great. Depends on your own availability really. Maybe end of afternoon or saturday morning are best choices as well ? What is easiest for you ? Anthere (talk) —Preceding undated comment added 17:24, 27 January 2021 (UTC).Reply
That's fine. In case that would be too close, we can schedule it for Sunday if that works better for you. T CellsTalk 18:17, 28 January 2021 (UTC)Reply
Saturday 6th morning. I already have the WikiLearn training in the afternoon. I'd prefer to keep the Sunday free to go hicking ;). OK, I can get the zoom link going. Would Saturday 10h utc+1 be ok for you ? The structure I propose is that we make a list of points we want to address (such as 10 points). We share that list in advance. Then we build the webinar in such a way that we present each point one by one and after each small presentation, people can ask questions on this specific point. Then on the wiki page, we drop any relevant link that support each of our point. What do you think ? Anthere (talk) —Preceding undated comment added 12:12, 29 January 2021 (UTC).Reply
This makes sense. Please send me details.😊 T CellsTalk 08:39, 30 January 2021 (UTC)Reply
What do you think of this list ? [1]. I propose that we clearly divide the webinar in 10-12 points to facilitate access to users. We can support the event with a google slide (I can create a draft if you agree). I suggest that we divide the questions between both of us. What we could also do is to open the floor to questions after "groups of 2-4 items" (for example, I could present the first three points. Then open to questions after the 3 points. Then we move to the following questions with you. Then take questions. Then move on to the last part (with otrs and attributions) with a final round of questions. What do you think ? Are there other super important points to raise ? We can not raise up any topic so we have to focus on those who are most important generally, and specifically for the contest. Anthere (talk) —Preceding undated comment added 01:15, 2 February 2021 (UTC).Reply
@Anthere:, the list is really good. Let's work with it. The other suggestions above are very cool. Please prepare the slide and share with me before 6th of February as scheduled. Thank you. T CellsTalk 10:46, 2 February 2021 (UTC)Reply

Wow. I had a quick look and you did an amazing work. I am amazed and really pleased. I'll work further a bit on it this evening, but we already have most of it done. Anthere (talk) —Preceding undated comment added 12:14, 4 February 2021 (UTC).Reply


Hi. Why did you block me here ?! I have not had any activity here so far. You seem to have confused me with malicious users who wanted to delete my username! Fortunately, they are blocked globally. Example

Please open my account here. Thank you.--Mr,p balçi (talk) 18:10, 28 January 2021 (UTC)Reply

I provided the necessary explanations here and there, but you did not answer!--Mr,p balçi (talk) 19:30, 1 February 2021 (UTC)Reply

I am reviewing your case there now. I am sorry for this extremely slow response. T CellsTalk 19:48, 1 February 2021 (UTC)Reply
Thanks--Mr,p balçi (talk) 23:04, 10 February 2021 (UTC)Reply


This mail has been sent to me

Dear Tarih, Congratulations! You have been announced as the winner of the WPWP Campaign 2020 in the "Top image user" category.

Could you explain how to use my prize ?--Tarih (talk) 17:58, 2 February 2021 (UTC)Reply

Hello Tarih. Yes, we emailed you in October 2020 but no response from you and for some strange reasons, I missed your email yesterday. Please check your email box, I have now emailed you with information on how to proceed. Regards. T CellsTalk 18:07, 2 February 2021 (UTC)Reply

SAPG Committee Application[edit]

Dear Isaac,

Thank you for applying to be part of the Simple Annual Plan Grant committee. Would you kindly share the email address you would like us to use for correspondence as we continue the review process? Please feel free to use simple@wikimediaorg to share the email.

Thank you and we hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards, Veronica--VThamaini (WMF) (talk) 10:48, 26 February 2021 (UTC)Reply

Hello VThamaini (WMF), I have emailed you. Please confirm receipt. T CellsTalk 10:59, 26 February 2021 (UTC)Reply

Re: Help with translation[edit]

Hello T Cells, I have initiated the translation of the WPWP 2021 campaign. It should be complete within a few days. If you need any further assistance in anything please let me know. Thanks --Navinsingh133 (talk) 15:14, 11 June 2021 (UTC)Reply

Thank you Navinsingh133. We appreciate your help and support.T CellsTalk 15:35, 11 June 2021 (UTC)Reply

Join Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos 2021[edit]

Hello T Cells,

Many thanks for participating in the maiden edition of Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos in 2020.

We are glad to inform you that the 2021 edition starts today (1st of July). You are invited to participate in the campaign again this year to help improve the quality of Wikipedia articles with photos. For more information, please visit the campaign page here.

If you have any questions or query please feel free to contact anyone from the Organizing Team of WPWP Campaign.

Kind regards,
Tulsi Bhagat contribs | talk ]
Communication Manager, WPWP Campaign
Message sent using --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 10:15, 1 July 2021 (UTC)Reply

_____ Hello. Please add Estonia to the WPWP Campaign. Best wishes--Sillerkiil (talk) 05:48, 5 July 2021 (UTC)Reply


Hi Olatunde, FYI, I added the #WPWPHU hashtag to this page. Best wishes, Samat (talk) 21:49, 14 July 2021 (UTC)Reply

@Samat: thanks for this information. Please add Wikimedia Hungary to this page. We will send you additional information shortly. Best regards. T CellsTalk 22:18, 14 July 2021 (UTC)Reply


Thanks for putting a note on fr-wp's village pumpǃ Nattes à chat (talk) 16:42, 25 July 2021 (UTC)Reply

And plenty of thanks for your kindness and for the heads-up. Please stay say my friend. T CellsTalk 16:43, 25 July 2021 (UTC)Reply


Hi, I am Jonathan, I want to ask that should the editor who join #wpwp , should they disclose paid-contribution ? If so, why or why not? Thanks for your time. Jonathan5566 (talk) 12:59, 29 July 2021 (UTC)Reply

Paid-contributions or editing are handled on a case-by-case basis by local Wikipedias and has nothing to the with the #WPWPCampaign. Best regards. T CellsTalk 13:21, 29 July 2021 (UTC)Reply


Hello T Cells,

I want to explain some issues to you. I am not a new user. I am not an inexperienced user. I have been teaching history for 32 years. I have been contributing to Wikipedia for 15 years. 15 years ago, I started to contribute by learning how Wikipedia works. I have contributed to many Wikipedia projects.

Since 2006, I have started to review articles written in a foreign language. I transferred pictures and information from foreign language articles to Turkish. I translated many articles from foreign languages to Turkish.

I have completed the interwikis of articles in foreign languages

[3] [4] [5]

I wrote articles in some foreign languages by examining the examples.

az bg bs crh cs en es fr hu id it ms nl pl pt sq sv

In 2006 I started to complete missing images of some articles from foreign language Wikipedias.

ar az bg bs crh cs da en de es eo fr fi fa he hu id it is ms mk lv ku ja nl pl pt sq ru ro sv zh ur

My goal here is to enable users of all languages to access the images.

I currently have auto-approved user rights on these wikipedias.

az bs commons de en eo hr pl pt ru sh sq tr vi zh

I have a special interest in pictures. I have categorized more than 12 thousand pictures in commons. Before Pages Wanting Photos , I was planning to add pictures in commons to related articles. The start of this campaign has been a more encouraging element for me.

I have received many thanks for the pictures, video and audio files I have attached. I mostly added p ictures to items such as people, plants, animals, buildings, settlements, lakes, and mountains. I made sure that the pictures I added were the same as the item names. I have not received any complaints about the pictures.

Before adding video and audio, I reviewed the contributions of the winner last year. I have received many thanks from Wikipedias in many languages for my contributions in these categories. Just adding videos, they said that the Wikipedia videos in several languages were of low quality and took them back. But the same videos were no problem in many Wikipedias.

While I was adding video and audio files, I first looked at the added examples. I made sure that there were no errors in my additions. I looked at which wikis used the files in commos. I did not choose a random file. My purpose here is not to be offensive, but to contribute to the development of Wikipedias in all languages. The last part of the discussion here *[6] says 'Never hinder their activities'.

Tik dabar pasižvalgiau Tarih veiklą. Pastebėjau kad jis iliustruoja paveikslėliais, kur jų nėra, arba prideda geresn4s kokybės vieną, kitą video. Tad manau reikia jam leisti, tik kartais galbūt reikia pakoreguoti jo paliktą paveiksliko apibūdinimą. Tikrai neblokuokite jo veiklos :) Kails 2:24, 17 liepos 2021 (EEST)

I just looked at Tarih’s activities. I noticed that it illustrates with pictures where they don’t exist, or adds better quality to one video or another. So I think he needs to be allowed, only sometimes maybe the description of the picture he left needs to be adjusted. Definitely don't block his activities :) Kails 2:24, July 17, 2021 (EEST)

No complaints about this page [7]

Most of my contributions to the Lithuanian Wikipedia, which is the subject of the complaint, remain as recent changes. My Lithuanian Contributions Only a few videos have been retrieved. There would be a lot of complaints if there was a general problem with my contributions. Many of my contributions stand as recent changes. My contributions do not require cleaning. my contributions do not create unnecessary work. You can ask this to the wikipedias I contribute to. You can also ask User:ToprakM about me.

My contributions have enhanced the article in many languages. This is the purpose of the 'Pages Wanting Photos 2021' campaign anyway.

I wish you good work--Tarih (talk) 16:23, 1 September 2021 (UTC)Reply

Hello Tarih, and thanks for this detailed explanation. We sincerely appreciate your contributions. Could you please provide some context on how you add captions to photos when adding them to foreign languages Wikipedia? Thank you. T CellsTalk 18:36, 1 September 2021 (UTC)Reply

Hello again

I usually work on country drafts. Here, the probability of an article without a picture is higher. I choose a topic for myself. such as municipalities, politicians, writers, football stadiums, train stations, airports. then I check all the languages ​​of the articles here. I don't want users in other languages ​​to be deprived of images either. As you know, it has become very important to enrich it with pictures while researching a subject, doing a study, preparing an assignment. When adding images to an article, I don't want articles in other languages ​​to be without images. This takes a lot of time, but I do it willingly. Sometimes I look at 30 languages ​​and 3 come out without a picture. sometimes I look in more languages ​​and no article comes out without pictures. Time is very important in this campaign. Although this work takes time, I am happy that users in other languages ​​can access that picture. This is very useful especially for Wikipedias with few users or few articles. Many of the items I added pictures were last changed a few years ago. While I was preparing the subjects of the lessons I will teach at my school, I benefited a lot from the pictures of the articles in other languages. The subjects I prepared became more beautiful with pictures. It has become more noticeable for students. For this reason, I would like users who do research or are curious in all foreign languages ​​to benefit from this opportunity. The aim of Wikipedia is to provide the best information to speakers of various languages. I wanted to help them by enriching these articles. I have already been working for 32 years to increase the knowledge of students. I'm looking at commons first for a no-image article. When schools were closed last year due to covid 19, I categorized a lot of pictures. My contributions on commons have exceeded 14,000. For this reason, I can easily find pictures related to the articles. I choose the image from Commons that I can use best. I am looking at how the picture I chose was used in which languages. I'm looking to see if a different image is used on the English Wikipedia. I'm looking at the descriptions of the picture used in different languages. I use images with the same name as the article so that there is no problem in other languages. If the pictures are annotated in a way that I can't find, I don't use them. I make sure that the size of the picture I use is compatible with the article.

I add pictures to articles about people, animals, plants and buildings. I make sure that the image I use and the title of the article are the same. Aissirimou Aissirimou Aissirimou Aissirimou ایسیریمو Aissirimou If there is a definite date next to the human picture I use, I add the date of the picture to the picture description. [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] In this campaign, I have included images of many politicians, authors, scientists in articles in various languages. [13] [14] I added a picture to the nobel prize winners. [15] [16] [17] If there is only a picture of a city, such as a town hall, a church, a train station, I first looked at how it was used in other articles. Then I looked at the translations from google translate. I used this while writing the description part.

I want to say the following about audio files and videos. I first carefully scrutinized last year's winner's contributions regarding audio and videos. I also have a special interest in birds. I actually wanted to be an ornithologist, but in my country there was no opportunity to study and work on it. For this reason, I chose history teaching, another subject I was interested in. Most of the audio files and videos I add are about birds or animals. In their explanations, I used the Latin names of the articles with scientific names. [18] [19] [20] [21] In many articles, even bird eggs only had Latin names. [22] [23] [24] [25] I paid attention to the size of the audio files and videos I used while placing them. I paid attention to the usage. I did not want the article order to be disturbed. If there is only one audio file and video related to the article, I have to use it. If there is more than one audio file and video, I tried to choose the best ones. I looked at which Wikipedias the audio files and videos I chose are used. several wikis have withdrawn my contributions because of the low quality of the videos. some of them gave no reason at all. More than 4 thousand audio files and videos that I have added to various languages still exist. I have received thanks from many users for these contributions. I stopped adding foreign languages and video and audio files after your message.

Wikipedia in several languages ​​treated me as harmful foreigners because they did not know me. because with this campaign, the work that required cleaning increased. They thought I was one of them without examining my contributions too much. one of them complained to you. but as I mentioned before, the user who wrote the articles about birds wrote the following statement after examining my contributions.

I just looked at Tarih’s activities. I noticed that it illustrates with pictures where they don’t exist, or adds better quality to one video or another. So I think he needs to be allowed, only sometimes maybe the description of the picture he left needs to be adjusted. Definitely don't block his activities :) Kails 2:24, July 17, 2021 (EEST)

I know that when you say don't add pictures to languages ​​you don't speak, you want to avoid many problems during the campaign. While adding images to foreign languages, my aim was to ensure the development of articles in all languages. was to enable users of all languages ​​to access the images. My goal is not to break the rules, but to improve Wikipedia. I added more than 20 thousand images to various articles in this campaign. I have added more than 4 thousand video and audio files. If there is a task on wikipedia about adding images to unpictured articles of wikipedias in various languages, I can do it.

The total of my contributions for 15 years has exceeded 70 thousand. about 50 thousand of these contributions are in foreign languages. My contributions are not offensive. My contributions do not require cleaning. my contributions do not create unnecessary work. The statement that I was disturbing after 15 years of contributions made me sad. If these explanations are not enough for you, if you find my contributions disturbing. I can end my contributions in all Wikipedia projects and languages. If there is anything else you want to ask, you can ask.

I wish you success in your work--Tarih (talk) 08:36, 4 September 2021 (UTC)Reply

#WPWPCampaign2021: Learning and evaluation[edit]

Hello T Cells,

Many thanks for participating in the WPWP campaign.

We are glad about the level of participation, this year and we are excited to inform you that over 900 volunteers around the world added photos to more than 250,000 articles in 298 languages Wikipedia. This year, we surpassed the 2020 edition's milestone by over 170%.

We are in the process of evaluating the WPWP campaign this year and we need your help. We'd love to get your feedback. Your feedback will allow us to better meet your expectations for the campaign in the next editions.

Please complete a brief survey so that we may learn about your participation in the campaign, strengths, challenges and your expectations. This information will enable us to improve the next editions of the Campaign.

Follow this link to the Survey:

Or copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser:

Thank you in advance for taking this survey.

Kind regards,
Tulsi Bhagat contribs | talk ]
Communication Manager, WPWP Campaign
-- Message sent using MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 12:06, 18 September 2021 (UTC)Reply

Arabic Wikipedia WPWP 2021[edit]

Hi, T Cells!

I have been selected for the 1st position of Arabic Wikipedia WPWP 2021. Can you please tell me how can I get the prize?

Sincerely, --Shihab1729 (talk) 05:55, 14 February 2022 (UTC)Reply

Congratulations! Please email reachout2isaac@gmail.com for further information on how to redeem your prize. T CellsTalk 17:35, 14 February 2022 (UTC)Reply
Thank you! I have already sent an email. Please Check the inbox (If not found please check the spam folder). Shihab1729 (talk) 08:09, 16 February 2022 (UTC)Reply

Hi T Cells,

It's been a month, I have sent you an email. Did you get that? I haven't gotten any response from you. I am eagerly waiting for my prize.

Sincerely, --Shihab1729 (talk) 10:27, 29 March 2022 (UTC)Reply

Hi Shihab1729, I apologize for the slow response. For some strange reasons, I missed your email. Can you resend the email? Thank you. T CellsTalk 10:31, 29 March 2022 (UTC)Reply
Thank you for your reply. I have sent the email again. Please let me know you got the email or not. Thank you. Shihab1729 (talk) 13:54, 29 March 2022 (UTC)Reply
I responded. Thank you. T CellsTalk 14:20, 29 March 2022 (UTC)Reply
Hi T Cells,
It's been a month I emailed you about receiving my prize in my preferred online store. But you haven't replied yet. It's been 3 months the result of Arabic WPWP published. Please; I am eagerly waiting for my prize. Hope you will reply soon. Thank you. Shihab1729 (talk) 06:55, 21 May 2022 (UTC)Reply
Hi @Shihab1729:, I sent you an email. Regards. Looking forward to your response. Regards. T CellsTalk 17:06, 21 May 2022 (UTC)Reply

First SWT bot workshop on "Pywikibot framework" to take place coming Friday, February 25th at 16:00 UTC[edit]

Hello, Thank you for signing up for the small wiki toolkits workshops. The first workshop on the topic of “Pywikibot framework introduction & installation” is coming up - it will take place on Friday, February 25th at 16:00 UTC. You can find more details on the workshop and a link to join here.

We will record this workshop and update the workshops page with the link later. Also, a quick note on the certificate distribution we shared briefly in a previous announcement - out of the eight planned workshops, individuals who will complete five and a final assignment will receive a digital certificate.

We look forward to your participation! Cheers, Srishti (talk) (On behalf of the SWT Workshops Organization team) via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 03:00, 24 February 2022 (UTC)Reply

Second Pywikibot workshop on Friday, March 25th, 16:00 UTC[edit]

Hello everyone, The second workshop on the topic of "Running Pywikibot scripts" is coming up - it will take place on Friday, March 25th at 16:00 UTC. You can find more details on the workshop and a link to join here. This workshop will introduce participants to the bot scripts available via the Pywikibot framework and how to use them. If you missed attending the first one, it would be beneficial to have Pywikibot installed on your computer before the workshop. We look forward to your participation! Cheers, Srishti (talk) via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 22:01, 23 March 2022 (UTC)Reply

[Small wiki toolkits] Fourth Bots workshop at Wikimedia Hackathon 2022 (May 20-22nd)[edit]

Hello, The fourth workshop on the topic of "Running popular bots on wikis" is coming up - several sessions will be run as part of it at the upcoming Wikimedia Hackathon 2022 (May 20-22nd). You can find more details on the workshop here: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Small_wiki_toolkits/Workshops#How_to_run_a_popular_bot_on_your_wiki.

This workshop will introduce participants to a few popular bots in the Wikimedia ecosystem, how to set them up on the wikis, and tackle problems concerning the setup. This workshop will organize three sessions around InternetArchiveBot, YoBot, and SuggestBot. See more details https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T306593. We look forward to your participation! Cheers, Srishti via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 22:25, 16 May 2022 (UTC)Reply

[Small wiki toolkits] Upcoming bots & scripts workshop on Thursday, June 30th, 16:00 UTC[edit]

Hello, The fifth workshop on the topic of "Hosting bots and scripts on Toolforge" is coming up - it will take place on Thursday, June 30th at 16:00 UTC. You can find more details on the workshop and a link to join here: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Small_wiki_toolkits/Workshops#How_to_host_a_bot_on_Toolforge. This workshop will introduce participants to Toolforge, how to create a developer account, access it via ssh, create and run bots and scripts, etc. You can add your discussion ideas in the etherpad doc linked from the workshops page. To participate in this workshop, you would need basic familiarity with using command-line tools and technical knowledge of bots. We look forward to your participation! Cheers, Srishti via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 22:21, 16 June 2022 (UTC)Reply

Whose Knowledge? Drop-in July 2022 invitation[edit]

Whose Knowledge? logo

Over the next 2 weeks, we want to invite Whose Knowledge? User Group members to a community conversation about the upcoming Board of Trustees election. We’re also testing these drop-ins as a great way to be in touch, and establish periodic check-ins with our community.

There will be 2 informal drop-in sessions on different days and times. Please come to the session that works best for you:

  • Drop-in 1: Thursday, July 7, 2022 - 12pm UTC
  • Drop-in 2: Monday, July 11, 2022 - 6pm UTC

To learn more, visit the event page. If you can't join us, but you are interested in the conversation, we’d be more than happy to hear from you on our Talk page!

Just a gentle disclaimer: You are getting this message because you have signed up as a member of Whose Knowledge? User Group. We will send invitations like this from time to time, but we promise not to burden your Talk page. Feel free to unsubscribe from the distribution list.

--Mariana Fossatti (WK?) (talk) 18:19, 29 June 2022 (UTC)Reply

Join Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos 2022[edit]

Hello T Cells,

Thank you for participating in the Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos campaign last year.

We are glad to inform you that this year's edition started on 1 July, 2022. You are invited to participate in the campaign again to help improve the quality of Wikipedia articles with photos and contextual images. For more information about the campaign and how to participate, please visit the campaign page here.

If you have any questions or query please feel free to contact the organizing team, leave a message at the campaign's talkpage or send an email to wpwpcampaign(_AT_)gmail.com.

Kind regards, --Ammarpad (talk) 21:28, 5 July 2022 (UTC) (On behalf of the Organizing Team, WPWP Campaign 2022).Reply

Thank you for running a workshop at the Celtic Knot Conference 2022![edit]

Workshop speaker at the Celtic Knot Conference 2022

A huge thank you from the Celtic Knot organizing team (Richard, Daria and myself) for running a workshop at the conference! We truly appreciate the work and dedication you put in the preparation phase as well as in delivering the workshop.

To show our appreciation, we would like to give you this barnstar - feel free to use ir anywhere you want, for example on your userpage.

I’m looking forward to work with you on future events and projects! Lea Lacroix (WMDE) (talk) 10:47, 8 July 2022 (UTC)Reply

[Small wiki toolkits] Upcoming "How to maintain bots" workshop on Thursday, July 29th, 16:00 UTC[edit]

Hello, The sixth workshop on the topic of "How to maintain bots" is coming up - it will take place on Friday, July 29th at 16:00 UTC. You can find more details on the workshop and a link to join here: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Small_wiki_toolkits/Workshops#How_to_maintain_bots. This session will focus on best practices for maintaining bots and tools in the Wikimedia ecosystem. It will cover a few practices that can help developers run a bot or a tool with help from others, such as picking a license, adding co-maintainers to the project, publishing source code, writing docs, and much more. To participate in this workshop, you would need basic familiarity with bots or tools development. You can add your discussion ideas in the etherpad doc linked from the workshops page. We look forward to your participation! Cheers, Srishti via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 23:17, 21 July 2022 (UTC)Reply

This workshop was postponed earlier. Here is the new date and time for this workshop - Thursday, August 18th at 15:00 UTC. You can find more details on the workshop and a link to join here: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Small_wiki_toolkits/Workshops#How_to_maintain_bots. SSethi (WMF) (talk) 09:16, 9 August 2022 (UTC)Reply

We need your feedback on a tool from the Wikimedia Summit[edit]

Reminder: the guide to using Baserow, presented during the Wikimedia Summit.

Hi! I'm contacting you as one of the participants in the Wikimedia Summit 2022, to kindly ask for your feedback through a 5-10 minute survey to evaluate 'Baserow' (note: the survey is on a Google form).

Baserow was a tool through which participants in the Summit co-created a database of Movement Strategy activities. We hope to learn from you how useful it may be to keep using it in the future to help document and connect on Movement Strategy work.

You are welcome and encouraged to fill out the survey in any language. Your feedback would be very appreciated --Abbad (WMF) (talk) 14:53, 16 February 2023 (UTC).Reply

A Barnstar for you![edit]

Leadership Development Recognition
Dear Isaac,

We would like to thank you for your participation in the Leadership Development Working Group. It is always a pleasure to hear your thoughtful perspectives and appreciate the movement experiences you bring to the working group. Thank you, thank you! Cassie Casares (talk) 05:46, 4 April 2023 (UTC)Reply

Thank you for being a light in the life of the Wikimedia youth - from the WikiVibrance Team![edit]

The Youth Barnstar
Hey Isaac Olatunde ! Someone nominated you for this barnstar! The WikiVibrance Project is awarding you the Youth Barnstar as a token of appreciation for your wholehearted help towards the youth community in the movement. Your contributions have truly made our space safe, welcoming, and full of valuable insights for the young champs driving the movement forward. We're super excited that your involvement in shaping youthful Wikimedian minds will continue to shine in the times ahead. Hope your participation in the development of youth Wikimedian will remain the same in the future. You are a Wikimedia treasure. Please keep up the good work!) – Romeo (talk) 16:51, 23 August 2023 (UTC)Reply

Invitation to participate in the photo contest Unpacking Body Plurality in Sports 2023[edit]

English Dear T Cells,

We’re excited to share with you our first-ever art and photo contest for this year’s #VisibleWikiWomen, on Unpacking Body Plurality in Sports!

We’re inviting submissions of photos, illustrations, and other forms of art depicting womxn and non-binary people in sports — as athletes, fans, cheerleaders, referees, journalists, and much more. Our #VisibleWikiWomxn contest celebrates the bodies of womxn in sports by centering their voices, images, stories, and experiences in all their diversity, plurality, and glory.

You can find all the information on our landing page: Unpacking Body Plurality in Sports

Spanish Hola T Cells,

Queremos invitarte a participar de nuestro primer concurso de arte y fotografía "Cuerpos plurales en el deporte" en el marco de la campaña #VisibleWikiWomen de este año.

Estamos convocando a presentar fotos, ilustraciones y otras formas de arte que representen a mujeres y personas no binarias en el deporte - atletas, personas aficionadas, animadoras, árbitras, periodistas y personas ligadas al deporte en todos los aspectos. Nuestro concurso #VisibleWikiWomxn celebra los cuerpos de las mujeres en el deporte centrándose en sus voces, imágenes, historias y experiencias en toda su diversidad, pluralidad y gloria.

Puedes encontrar toda la información en la página del concurso.

Portuguese Olá T Cells,

Ficamos felizes em convidar você a participar de nossa primeira Wiki-competição de arte e fotografia, como parte da campanha #VisibleWikiWomen deste ano, sobre "Corpos plurais no esporte"!

Estamos recebendo fotos, ilustrações, e outras formas de arte que retratem mulheres e pessoas não-binárias nos esportes — como atletas, torcedoras, juízas, jornalistas, e muito mais. Nossa competição #VisibleWikiWomxn celebra os corpors de mulheres e pessoas não-binárias e coloca ao centro suas vozes, imagens, histórias, e experiências em toda sua pluralidade e glória.

Você pode encontrar todas as informações necessárias em nossa página: Unpacking Body Plurality in Sports.

Mariana Fossatti (talk) MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 15:49, 20 October 2023 (UTC)Reply