Lingualibre and Wikidata lexeme communities
Hello Lea. Following the 18 months departure of 0x010C we recently took back control over all LinguaLibre repositories. Workload is now spread among 2~3 volunteers and the new WM-fr server sysop. We are now engaged in code fix, code refactoring, setting up answers to past bottlenecks. We start wondering what is our medium and long term vision for Lingualibre and what are the associated technological challenges to overcome.
- LinguaLibre and Wikidata Lexeme
One axis is Wikidata and Wikidata Lexemes contribution, as well as Sparql. We want to increase our community capability on these fields, so we created the following draft :
- Lingualibre:Lingualibre:Wikidata ― forum/help page to initiate and fast track Lili's devevelopers to Wikidata
- Lingualibre:Lingualibre:Sparql ― forum/help page to initiate and fast track Lili's devevelopers to Sparql (since we can query both LL and Wikidata with sparql queries)
- Lingualibre:Lingualibre:Bot ― forum/help to discuss LiLi-bot(s) and their authorisation on more wikis. Bot being able to edit both LL and Wikidata.
- Referents and contributors
User:Vigneron (Sparql), User:Poslovitch (bot) and myself (coordination) are leading this effort. But we are now at a maturity level where we will need within weeks to post a « call for contributors » within the Wikidata, Wikidata bots, and Wikidata Lexeme communities.
- How the wikidata community could help ?
The easiest way to help is to join us, help us edit the pages cited above (we mainly have no knowledge in these field!), explore our LinguaLibre resources and data structure (about 30 properties only), and start a reflexion on how to mine Lingualibre resources for Wikidata.
- Lexeme data model with hook ids
To kick start this, I though of a variation of your Lexeme_data_model svg. Your image is plain english. Is there some properties
P or element
Q to add to that image ? My low understanding on wikidata & lexeme I'am may be misleading, but I look for a way to quickly quickstart bot developers, so they immediately have a cartography of
P hooks onto which we can send API
POST queries to get or edit values. Is that a thing or am I mixing things ups ?
- Salut @Yug:, I'm glad to have news from you and I'm happy to see that things are moving towards an even better collaboration between Lingua Libre and Wikidata :)
- I think a first step would be to communicate more about LiLi to the Wikidata community, to let them know how they can help. Another step would be to improve the general documentation about Lexemes on Wikidata, that is not in a good shape, and improvements could benefit both the Wikidata/Lexeme community, and the Lingua Libre community.
- A good example is the visual that you mentioned: I created it a while ago, before the Lexeme extension was even deployed on Wikidata. Its goal was to explain how Lexemes would work and how the community could structure the data around it: the properties mentioned there were only suggestions, and people have been doing slightly different things (eg "refers to concept" has been name "item for this sense", etc.). So I think that this document should be completely reworked to represent the actual state of how Lexemes are modeled on Wikidata.
- I would be very happy to help you with anything related to communication, community involvement and events (I'm wondering if some kind of documentation sprint/hackathon would be feasible to bring all of the interested volunteers together). What do you think? Would you like to have a call someday to discuss ideas further? Feel free to reach out at lea.lacroix on wikimedia german or on Telegram @Auregann.
- Cheers, Lea Lacroix (WMDE) (talk) 10:56, 22 February 2021 (UTC)
- Hi :D. I will likely send a gentle ping on Wikidata main village pump ? Very light for now. I can simply announce the 400,000th audio recording and a gentle reminder that we are using wikibase as well. The real call can be sent in few weeks, when our current code refreshing phase ends and we are rested and ready to welcome new folks.
- Lexeme_data_model.svg rework: any idea who who could do this update smoothly ? Who knows all the right terms or where to find those exact terms ? PS: I tagged the Commons file with a request to update it.
- Wikidata Lexeme documentation needs a kind of task force, yes. Some uses cases as well. A Wikidata hackathon for documentation would help, sure, but I don't know this community enough to estimate the workload vs final gain, not the people to contact. The only wikidata folks I know of are VIGNERON, Lydia, Harmonia and yourself.
- Light info : on the events front, the pandemic caused our French microfi to be underused. With 5 months left we requested some rule changes (opening), so we can hold few recording events and use those parts of these available funds. On the personal front, I'am ending a 2 months sprint on Lili and its github, so I can discuss lightly about future plans but I can't be fully onboard in coming weeks. Yug (talk) 12:07, 22 February 2021 (UTC)
anfrage für eine #feedlog zum thema #SmartSetting #CommunityCare
hallo lea. danke für dein video an der aktuellen wikimania. wir haben bei WikiDienstag.ch zwei definitionen gemacht zu #SmartSetting und #CommunityCare. wir haben in dieser arbeit auch wiederholt vorgeschlagen, ein professionelles Community Care aufzuziehen. es würde mich freuen, wenn du spass haben könntest, dazu in einem #feedlog (lifestream) darüber zu sprechen. du kannst deinen wunschtermin gerne direkt hier eintragen. ich schicke dir dann zeitnah den zugangslink zum stream. vielleicht kennst du meinen zugang, welchen ich in der NZZ vom april 2020 zeigen konnte. danke für deine reaktion. Sms2sms (talk) 12:09, 16 August 2021 (UTC)
On-Wiki Registration Wireframes Feedback
We are very excited to share with you the wireframes for the desktop version of the On-Wiki Registration Tool. Feel free to share your feedback on this update. Results of these feedback will help determine the next steps we take. Thank you in advance!
Creating registration for event
View full Registration Tool
First Version Features
|Viewing, deleting, and messaging participants
Feel free to share your feedback
|Do you see any advantage or disadvantage of any sort of our proposed event registration system?
|Will it provide ease of access and use to you as a campaign organizer?
|Does the proposed event registration provide convenience for registering participants?
|What are the essential features this first version needs to have so that you can use it?
|When you are running a campaign, what information do you typically send to participants, and where do you usually send it
(e.g., talk page, email, social media, etc)?
|Do you prefer that we build the desktop version first or the mobile version of the registration system first?
|Is there anything else you would like to add?
You may access more of these wireframes here. Thank you!
The first episode of WIKIMOVE, the new podcast about the changing Wikimedia movement has now dropped! With our guests Tochi Precious and Guillaume Paumier we talk about Knowledge as a Service. Find the audio podcast and a shortened video version on our Meta page: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WIKIMOVE/Podcast Eva Martin (WMDE) (talk) 15:48, 13 April 2022 (UTC)
The 2nd episode of WIKIMOVE, the new podcast about the changing Wikimedia movement has now dropped! Our guests Erica Azzellini and Luca Piantá from Wiki Movimiento Brazil talk about “communitizing” strategy. Find the audio podcast and the video version with English and Portuguese subtitles on our Meta page: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WIKIMOVE/Podcast Eva Martin (WMDE) (talk) 14:50, 16 Mai 2022 (UTC)
The 3rd episode of WIKIMOVE has now dropped! In this new episode we talk with Kannika Thaimai and Ivana Madžarević about innovation and explore the opportunities created by the UNLOCK accelerator within our movement and beyond. Don't hesitate to react on our meta page! Eva Martin (WMDE) (talk) 14:50, 16 Mai 2022 (UTC)
We launched WIKIMOVE six months ago, now it’s time to evaluate! Please share your feedback and ideas for improvement with us in this survey. Thank you for helping us improve WIKIMOVE! Eva Martin (WMDE) 14:44, 31 October 2022 (UTC)
In our latest episode we receive Johnny Allegre and Natalia Szafran to discuss their ongoing hub activities in Asia and Eastern Europe and imagine what a movement of hubs could look like. Check it out on our meta page or in your favorite podcast app! Eva Martin (WMDE) 13:54, 22 2022 (UTC)
In our latest episode we talk about growing communities with Anass Sedrati and Pepe Flores. Check it out on our meta page or in your favorite podcast app! Eva Martin (WMDE) 14:42, 12 December 2022 (UTC)
Wondering what the movement strategy is about and how to contribute to it? Check out our newest WIKIMOVE episode! We answer questions from volunteers who recently joined the movement about the goals and the vision behind our strategy 2030 - Eva Martin (WMDE) (talk) 11:06, 8 February 2023 (UTC)
The latest WIKIMOVE episode of the season has dropped: Wikimedia Deutschland for the Movement, a conversation with WMDE‘s Chair and Executive Director, about the role of our organization in the implementation of movement strategy Eva Martin (WMDE) (talk) 16:50, 12 June 2023 (UTC)
The WIKIMOVE Podcast is back with a season 2! In this new episode, we talk with Pax Ahimsa Gethen and Tamzin Hadasa Kelly about overcoming harassment and the transgender gap on the Wikimedia projects. You can find this podcast on our meta page. Sissela Björk (WMDE) (talk) 12:25, 6 October 2023 (UTC)
Check out the latest WIKIMOVE episode where we talk to a movement veteran, Andrew Lih, and Wikimedia Norge’s Executive Director, Elisabeth Carrera about the past, present and future of Wikimedia Affiliates! You can find the episode on our meta page. Sissela Björk (WMDE) (talk)
In the latest WIKIMOVE episode, our guests Margeigh Novotny and Nicole Ebber brings you back to the story behind Movement Strategy recommendation #4: “Ensure Equity in Decision Making”, which set the path for writing a charter and creating a global council. Whether you're new or a long-time Wikimedian, this episode offers insights into the journey towards a stronger and more inclusive Wikimedia movement. You can find the episode on our meta page. Sissela Björk (WMDE) (talk)
Join us for an WIKIMOVE episode where we revisit highlights from our conversations throughout 2023 - we’ll discuss and replay snippets from our guests that left lasting impacts on us. We’ll also take a look ahead, and our hosts will share intriguing predictions and thoughts on the trajectory of our Movement in 2024. You can find the episode on our meta page. Sissela Björk (WMDE) (talk)
The first WIKIMOVE episode of the year is here! We talk about Grants and Hubs with two women who have been instrumental in implementing Movement strategy, Yop Rwan Pam and Barbara Klen. You can find the episode on our meta page. Sissela Björk (WMDE) (talk)