User talk:Geertivp

From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Fundraising translation feedback[edit]

Hey Geertivp,

I wanted to ask for your help. As you may be aware we have been running banners on many language wikis. We have a lot of new content this year and I really want to conduct a thorough review of our translations. This is a combination of feedback from the community, readers, donors as well as those with professional translator experience. This will help us ensure the highest quality of translations used in our messaging.

To help us out with this I wonder if you would be willing to give us feedback for Dutch using This Link

Simply follow the simple instructions on that page and if you have any questions feel free to contact me on my talk page.

Many Thanks

Jseddon (WMF) (talk) 18:41, 1 April 2013 (UTC)

Werkpagina[edit]

https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/WLM-BE-2014 Romaine (talk) 19:45, 8 July 2014 (UTC)

Your Community Wishlist Survey proposals[edit]

Thanks for participating in this year's survey! Unfortunately, you can make no more than three proposals. Please let us know what three you you'd like to keep, and we will Archive the others. From there, you can seek others to adopt your proposals, if you want. Sorry you weren't aware of this rule! Thanks for your understanding :) MusikAnimal (WMF) (talk) 18:51, 4 November 2018 (UTC)

Please find here my top 3:
You can archive:

[Wikipedia & Education User Group] Updates: November 2018[edit]

Greetings,

Integrating Wikimedia with education is a powerful strategy for the outreach of Wikimedia projects. Realising this concept, a group of leaders promoted this and formed the Wikipedia Education Collaborative. After some time, this evolved to become a user group, officially recognised by the Affiliations Committee in June 2018. The user group had its first board elections earlier in September. In the process to formalise activities and give a shape the user group for long-term sustainability, we are now revamping our processes. Thanks for supporting us during incubation stages, we are now inviting you to formally join the user group by following the instructions on the members' page. Being a member will allow you to be a part of this wonderful collaboration and also do interesting stuff.

Kind regards
On behalf of Wikipedia and Education UG, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 11:44, 10 November 2018 (UTC)

The candidate for the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees is asking you to support his candidacy![edit]

Hi Geertivp,
I ask you and your local organization to consider my candidacy for the candidates for the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees. I myself put forward my candidacy for this election. I ask you to support my candidacy, as I have a strategic vision of the next. Each of the foreign language sections of the Wikimedia Foundation project must receive the widest support. This will ensure an increase in the content of your linguistic local of the Wikimedia Foundation projects. Other linguistic local communities of the World can count on the same support. Also, I believe that all foreign language sections of the Wikimedia Foundation projects that are less powerful than English speakers should have the same chance for the rapid growth of their local projects.
In case you and your local organization support my candidacy. Then, I ask you to write this in my profile of the candidate for the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees. You can write this in the "Endorsements" section of my candidate profile.
Thank you for your attention!
Kind regards,Yithello (talk) 10:58, 30 April 2019 (UTC)

Thanks[edit]

Thank you for Wikimedia Belgium organization's vote during the 2019 trustee election. With your organization’s, Igbo's, and AfroCrowd's votes, I was able to score better than expected. I look forward to working with the trustees. Geraldshields11 (talk) 18:38, 16 July 2019 (UTC)

Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos[edit]

WPWP logo 1.png

Hi Geertivp! Thanks for joining the Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos - we’re so glad to have your community involved!. Please subscribe to our mailing list here for discussions and updates about WPWP. Please let us know if you have any questions. Kind regards On behalf of WPWP Team, T CellsTalk 10:46, 24 April 2020 (UTC)

Community Tech Launches Wikisource Improvement Initiative[edit]

Hello,

We hope you are all healthy and safe in these difficult times.

The Community Tech team has just launched a new initiative to improve Wikisource. We have created the first project (Improve ebook exports), which came out of the 2020 Community Wishlist Survey. We now invite you to share your feedback on the project talk page. Please let us know what you think of our project analysis; we want to hear from you! Furthermore, we hope that you will participate in the other Wikisource improvement projects, which we’ll address in the future. Thank you in advance and we look forward to reading your feedback on the project talk page!

-- IFried (WMF) (Product Manager, Community Tech)

Sent by Satdeep Gill (WMF) using MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 09:51, 28 May 2020 (UTC)

Feedback requested: August update for Wikisource ebook export project[edit]

Hello, Geertivp! The Community Tech team has posted an August update to the Wikisource Ebook Export Improvement project, and we would love your feedback. The update includes findings from our community consultation, results from two technical analyses, and proposed next steps for the project. Your feedback is crucial, and it will help us understand how to approach our work. For this reason, we invite you to check out the latest update and share your feedback on the project talk page. Thank you in advance! --IFried (WMF) (talk) 03:08, 25 August 2020 (UTC)

Sunday August 23: Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Strategic flock of Wikimedians heading in a new direction.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a proposed forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

The idea is to follow up on the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting and other strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates, and you are all invited to RSVP here.--Pharos (talk) 18:14, 20 August 2020 (UTC)

Invitation to complete a survey regarding WPWP Campaign[edit]

Hello Geertivp,

Many thanks for participating in the WPWP campaign.

We are excited about the level of participation, this year and we are happy to inform you that over 90,000 articles were improved with photos in 272 languages Wikipedia.

We'd love to get your feedback. Your feedback will allow us to better meet your expectations for the campaign in the next editions.

Please complete a brief survey so that we may learn about your participation in the campaign, strengths, challenges and your expectations. This information will enable us to improve the next editions of the Campaign.

Follow this link to the Survey:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeL7I25Uxx_3Tyu9EgS2Bhix32Mh073LRsrr4tuH-i1yyRCZg/viewform

Or copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeL7I25Uxx_3Tyu9EgS2Bhix32Mh073LRsrr4tuH-i1yyRCZg/viewform

Thank you in advance for taking this survey. Stay safe!Face-smile.svg

Kind regards,
Tulsi Bhagat contribs | talk ]
Communication Manager, WPWP Campaign
-- Message sent using MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 05:17, 23 September 2020 (UTC)

Sunday October 25 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Friendship is a movement value.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the September and August SWAN meetings, and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including the recent proposed changes to the Wikimedia Foundation Bylaws, this month we are meeting on Sunday October 25, and you are all invited to RSVP here.--Pharos (talk) 16:42, 22 October 2020 (UTC)