This page is dedicated to the meeting minutes of all historical and the latest meeting of the steering committee members.
Minutes of the latest meeting
May 15, 2019
Attending: Merrilee, Frederick, Orly, Simon, Mylee, Rajene, Ayokanmi, Clifford, Aaron
Wikimedia Foundation Inc. Affiliate selected board seats
- The Wikimedia Foundation Inc. Board of Trustees election for two seats on the Board requires a vote from the WLUG. It was noted that we have only 15 days to respond. Simon prepared a table for steering committee members to register their rankings on candidates.
- The steering committee consensus is to post a vote on behalf of members. All steering committee members to provide input on nominees and Merrilee to post the group vote. https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliate-selected_Board_seats/Resolution_2019
WLUG - Group coordination and focus activities
Communication: It was agreed to set up a Telegram group for communication between meetings, noting that it easy to copy and paste and from desktop into Wiki rather than a phone based tool. https://web.telegram.org/#/login . Merrilee will set up a Telegram group.
1lib1ref in the southern hemisphere May 15th to June 5th
- Social media team can share more links and information using the #1lib1ref or #1bib1ref hashtags.
- Merrilee and Mylee to do a hangout on the topic
Responsibility: Merrilee and Mylee
Grants: Encourage colleagues from less advantaged countries to apply for WMF travel grants to attend conferences. Aaron to put Clifford in touch with Felix for more information.
Expanding User Group: Orly and Clifford to work on the goal of expanding the membership of the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group in order to (a) connect librarians and (b) to foster a lively community.
Responsibility: Clifford and Orly
WLUG at conferences
- IFLA World Library and Information Congress in Greece, 24-30 August 2019 https://2019.ifla.org/conference-programme/
- Orly to contact the National Library of Israel staff attending
- Merrilee to contact the OCLC staff attending
Responsibility: Orly and Merrilee
- DH2019 in Utrecht https://dh2019.adho.org/
- Clifford is attending and Simon may attend. An opportunity to share information about the Wikidata work Simon has been involved with.
Responsibility: Clifford and Simon
WLUG - meta pages
Tunisian approach to supporting user group-led project
Responsibility: Merrilee and Houcem
Next meeting 19 June 2019
Archives of our past meeting minutes
How do we do it?
Currently, the user group is coordinated and organised by an 8 membered steering committee and assisted by 3 members from the Wikipedia Library team. The group meets every month to discuss the ongoings and next steps of the user group.
Steering committee members
- User:African Hope
- User:Kerry Raymond
Special advisors (on account of being founding members)
Facilitators (TWL team members)
- User:Ocaasi (WMF)
- User:AVasanth (WMF)
- User:FNartey (WMF)