Wikimedia and Libraries User Group/Meeting minutes

From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

This page is dedicated to the meeting minutes of all historical and the latest meeting of the steering committee members.

Minutes of the latest meeting[edit]

June 28-29, 2018[edit]

Discussion[edit]

  1. Meeting Frequency
    • Doodle poll responsibilities
    • Facilitator rotation
    • Meetings per month: just one (4 in support)
      • More sustainable
      • Easier to schedule
      • Important to work asynchronously
      • May bring back less active members
      • Challenge to make people proactive
  2. Discussion: do we need roles (chair, vice-chair, etc.)
    • We need task owners based on means/ends
    • Need clear to-do's from meetings
    • Hard to have a single leader for workload reasons
    • Inaction possibly a result of not having poll results yet
  3. Means and Ends Poll update
    • Books & Bytes
    • Analyze poll results
  4. Wikimania
    • Librarians 101 preconference
    • Book Swapping
      • Need to announce soon and broadly
      • W + L Community Booth requested
      • Could make basic stickers for preconference and Wikimania
        • Need URL (but bit.ly is fine), can get domain name later with logo and tagline
        • Better to just have a handout
    • User Group Meetup Lunch
    • Session guidance
    • Who is attending?
      • Need a report back from WM attendees
      • Share videos of library-related talks
  5. 1lib1ref timing

Archives of our past meeting minutes[edit]

How do we do it?[edit]

Currently, the user group is coordinated and organised by an 8 membered steering committee and assisted by 3 members from the Wikipedia Library team. The group meets every month to discuss the ongoings and next steps of the user group.

Steering committee members[edit]

  1. User:Gamaliel
  2. User:Merrilee*
  3. User:Bachounda
  4. User:RachelWex
  5. User:African Hope
  6. User:Kerry Raymond
  7. User:Sodapopinski7*
  8. User:Aliaretiree

Special advisors (on account of being founding members)[edit]

  1. User:Mardetanha
  2. User:Nonoranonqui
  3. User:Esh77
  4. User:Megs

Facilitators (TWL team members)[edit]

  1. User:Ocaasi (WMF)
  2. User:AVasanth (WMF)
  3. User:FNartey (WMF)

*primary contacts