User talk:Samat

From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Afrikaans | العربية | অসমীয়া | asturianu | azərbaycanca | Boarisch | беларуская | беларуская (тарашкевіца)‎ | български | বাংলা | བོད་ཡིག | bosanski | català | کوردی | corsu | čeština | Cymraeg | dansk | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form)‎ | Zazaki | ދިވެހިބަސް | Ελληνικά | emiliàn e rumagnòl | English | Esperanto | español | eesti | euskara | فارسی | suomi | français | Nordfriisk | Frysk | galego | Alemannisch | ગુજરાતી | עברית | हिन्दी | Fiji Hindi | hrvatski | magyar | հայերեն | interlingua | Bahasa Indonesia | Ido | íslenska | italiano | 日本語 | ქართული | ភាសាខ្មែរ | 한국어 | kar | kurdî | Limburgs | lietuvių | Baso Minangkabau | македонски | മലയാളം | молдовеняскэ | Bahasa Melayu | မြန်မာဘာသာ | مازِرونی | Napulitano | नेपाली | Nederlands | norsk nynorsk | norsk | occitan | Kapampangan | polski | português | پښتو | Runa Simi | română | русский | sicilianu | سنڌي | සිංහල | slovenčina | slovenščina | Soomaaliga | shqip | српски / srpski | svenska | ślůnski | தமிழ் | тоҷикӣ | ไทย | Türkmençe | Tagalog | Türkçe | татарча/tatarça | ⵜⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖⵜ  | українська | اردو | oʻzbekcha/ўзбекча | Tiếng Việt | 吴语 | 粵語 | 中文(简体)‎ | 中文(繁體)‎ | +/-

Welcome to Meta![edit]

Hello Samat, and welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Meta:Metapub (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). If you would like, feel free to ask me questions on my talk page. Happy editing!

Giggy 07:37, 13 September 2008 (UTC)

viszavonás[edit]

Szerkütk. Azt mondtad aludni mész :) --Dami 17:32, 11 January 2009 (UTC)

Licencek nevei[edit]

Szia! Szerinted miért kell idézőjelbe tenni a licencek neveit? Főként a CC-sekét, amelyeknek van hivatalos magyar nevük? --Dami 10:24, 13 April 2009 (UTC)

Szerintem éppen azért, mert ez a licencek neve. Több, írásjellel lezárt mondatot alkotnak a mondatok közepén, és aki nem olvasgatja a licencek neveit naponta, az jó eséllyel nem tudja, hol a mondat eleje, közepe, vége; melyik szavak vonatkoznak a licenc megnevezésére, hogyan kell a mondatot értelmezni. Ez így egyértelműbb. Ha nem lenne az egész dőlten, akkor dőlttel jelöltem volna, de itt az nem működik. Ez nem helyesírási szabály, csak segít a szövegértelmezésben. Ha gondolod, kérdezz meg mást is róla. Más: az indoklás szakaszban a „Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike Licenses”-ből „Creative Commons Nevezd meg! – Így add tovább! licencek”-et csináltam, ami nem jó, de a perjel sem az igazi. Itt ugyanis egyszerre akar az eredeti angol a cc-by és a cc-by-sa-ra utalni, azért a többesszám. A tiszta az lenne, ha kifejtenénk így: amelyek a „Creative Commons Nevezd meg!” vagy a „Creative Commons Nevezd meg! – Így add tovább!” licenceket használják. Samat 10:41, 13 April 2009 (UTC)

Jól van, bár éppenséggel dőltön belül a nem dőltnek ugyanaz a hatása lett volna, de ez részletkérdés. A másiknál a többesszám utalhat egyszerűen a különböző verziókra: bár tartalmilag igaz lenne a sima CC-BY licencre is, hogy nem tudjuk őket átvenni, de az már nem igaz, hogy át tudnánk adni a by-sa tartalmat a sima BY licenc alá, ahogy erre utal a "mindkét irányba" és az "interoperabilitás" szó később a bekezdésben. --Dami 11:09, 13 April 2009 (UTC)
Kifogtál rajtam, a vissza irány (by-sa --> by) tényleg nem működik. Ettől azonban igaz a mondat, ugyanis azt mondja, hogy ezek mind nem működnek most :) Samat 11:19, 13 April 2009 (UTC)
Igaznak igaz, de nem a legjobb stratégia felhívni a figyelmet (a reklámanyag közepén) egy olyan problémára, amelyet nem fogunk megoldani :) (Egyébként a CC-BY-ra átváltást szerintem nem is engedné a GFDL, ha jól emlékszem). --Dami 11:26, 13 April 2009 (UTC)

Need help in discussion for an article nominated for Afd[edit]

Hello Samat,

This is regarding a post of "Janos Boros" the Ex-Vice Mayor of Kolozsvar in English Wikipedia. You might not remember me, I am Kiran, an Indian by Szarmazas. My Magyar is a bit rusty, so I have to write in English. In 2009 there was nominated under Afd by some Romanian users. It was finally decided as "keep". It seems some RO Users have decided to nominate it again. I got the decision reviewed and the Admin was gracious enough to open it for discussion again. If you have the time, please do participate.

Warm regards Hangakiran 11:41, 23 March 2011 (UTC)

Translator, We need you![edit]

Dear Samat,

You have helped us in previous years with translations and for that we are most grateful. Now we turn towards the 2011/12 fundraiser. It may seem forever away, but work has already begun getting everything ready to go. This year we want to have landing pages covering as many countries in as many languages as possible.

Right now, we want to figure out who is interested in translating for the fundraiser. This year we're hoping to have more of a solidified "core" group of translators that we can count on to have work done by a few key dates, but we'd also welcome help from people who are willing to just help out when they can.

If you would be interested please take a look at this little sign-up survey and fill it out http://survey.wikimedia.org/index.php?sid=13638&newtest=Y&lang=en. With that we can start building a list of people and filling any gaps in the languages we serve.

Many Thanks

Joseph Seddon (User:Jseddon (WMF))

Production Coordinator
Wikimedia Foundation
Jseddon (WMF) 00:43, 9 July 2011 (UTC)

Hi![edit]

Hm. Csak ennyit tudok. Üdv:Margit Flag of Hungary.svg  (talk) 20:48, 29 October 2011 (UTC)

Autopatrolled[edit]

Hi Samat, just wanted to let you know that I have added the autopatroll right to your account, as you are a trustworthy user. This feature will have no effect on your editing, and is simply intended to reduce the workload on new page patrollers. For more information on the patroller right, see Meta:Autopatrollers. Feel free to leave me a message if you have any questions. Happy editing! Ruy Pugliesi 15:02, 3 January 2012 (UTC)

Thank you! Samat 21:17, 3 January 2012 (UTC)

Welcome[edit]

You have now got the right to globally rename user accounts. Please do so carefully, and preferably keep a clear log of the requests both in the action summary (by including a [[Special:Diff/...]] link, for instance) and on SRUC. Savhñ 13:16, 8 September 2014 (UTC)

OK, thank you. Samat (talk) 14:45, 8 September 2014 (UTC)

Superprotect status[edit]

Dear Samat, since you are an administrator on a wiki from which no user participated in this discussion, I'd like to make sure you are aware of some recent events which may alter what the Wikimedia Foundation lets you do on your wiki: Superprotect.

Peteforsyth 09:39, 12 September 2014 (UTC)

Mailing list for global renamers[edit]

Dear global renamer,

We have created a mailing list for us to allow easy communication. Please subscribe here and send me or Trijnstel an email to confirm it is you requesting it. Additionally, you might be interested to know of the existance of the #wikimedia-renameconnect IRC channel where you are welcome to join. Should you have any questions, feel free to use my talk page.

Cordially, Savhñ 15:07, 26 September 2014 (UTC)

Would like to rename my user name[edit]

Hi, I saw that you are a renamer. Would like to change my name to A21sauce if that's still available, to further anonymize myself. thanks

Done. Samat (talk) 18:37, 10 January 2015 (UTC)

Wikimedia CEE meeting on Wikimedia Conference 2015[edit]

Dear Samat,

You are attending Wikimedia Conference 2015, but have not registered on the participants list of Wikimedia CEE meet-up.

Hereby I inform You that the event will take place Friday, May 15 6.00 p.m.-9.00 p.m. at the conference venue (Verlag Der Tagesspiegel, Askanischer Platz 3, Berlin). You can find more information about the meeting here. I hope You are interested in attending!

Thank you for your kind attention and CEE you soon! --Kaarel Vaidla (WM EE) (talk) 22:49, 13 May 2015 (UTC)

Thank you Kaarel, I've just registered now. Samat (talk) 11:51, 14 May 2015 (UTC)

Please sign new Wikimedia confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information by 31 December[edit]

This is a message from the Wikimedia Foundation. Translations are available.

Wikimedia Foundation logo - vertical (2012-2016).svg

As you may know, the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees approved a new "Access to nonpublic information policy" on 25 April 2014 after a community consultation. The former policy has remained in place until the new policy could be implemented. That implementation work is now being done, and we are beginning the transition to the new policy.

An important part of that transition is helping volunteers like you sign the required confidentiality agreement. All Wikimedia volunteers with access to nonpublic information are required to sign this new agreement, and we have prepared some documentation to help you do so.

The Wikimedia Foundation is requiring that OTRS volunteers sign the new confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015 to retain their access. You are receiving this email because you have been identified as an OTRS volunteer and are required to sign the confidentiality agreement under the new policy. If you do not sign the new confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015, you will lose your OTRS access. OTRS volunteers have a specific agreement available, if you have recently signed the general confidentiality agreement for another role (such as CheckUser or Oversight), you do not need to sign the general agreement again, but you will still need to sign the OTRS agreement.

Signing the confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information is conducted and tracked using Legalpad on Phabricator. We have prepared a guide on Meta-Wiki to help you create your Phabricator account and sign the new agreement: Confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information/How to sign

If you have any questions or experience any problems while signing the new agreement, please visit this talk page or email me (gvarnum@wikimedia.org). Again, please sign this confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015 to retain your OTRS access. If you do not wish to retain this access, please let me know and we will forward your request to the appropriate individuals.

Thank you,
Gregory Varnum (User:GVarnum-WMF), Wikimedia Foundation

Posted by the MediaWiki message delivery 21:20, 28 September 2015 (UTC) • TranslateGet help

Help decide the future of Wikimania[edit]

Wikimania logo with text.svg

The Wikimedia Foundation is currently running a consultation on the value and planning process of Wikimania, and is open until 18 January 2016. The goals are to (1) build a shared understanding of the value of Wikimania to help guide conference planning and evaluation, and (2) gather broad community input on what new form(s) Wikimania could take (starting in 2018).

After reviewing the consultation, we'd like to hear your feedback on on this survey.

In addition, feel free to share any personal experiences you have had at at a Wikimedia movement conference, including Wikimania. We plan to compile and share back outcomes from this consultation in February.

With thanks,

I JethroBT (WMF) (talk), from Community Resources 23:46, 12 January 2016 (UTC)

Towards a New Wikimania results[edit]

Wikimania logo with text.svg

Last December, I invited you to share your views on the value of Wikimedia conferences and the planning process of Wikimania. We have completed analysis of these results and have prepared this report summarizing your feedback and important changes for Wikimania starting in 2018 as an experiment. Feedback and comments are welcome at the discussion page. Thank you so much for your participation. I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources, 22:47, 8 February 2016 (UTC)

Request for Input - New Central Notice request process[edit]

Hello fellow CN admin!

Back in February I emailed the CN-admin list regarding part of my role to look into the Central Notice process and see where we could make improvements including: the campaign process; its functionality or lack thereof; and fundamentally the documentation that supports it. You can see many of the issues that I identified at CentralNotice/Process_Review. If there is anything additional that you feel has been left out then please feel free to leave any comments on the talk page.

My first task is to improve the requesting of campaigns by communities and affiliates. I am looking to set up a more formal request process, similar to those used in many projects. The aim is to: increase the transparency of Central Notice; improve the support provided to affiliates (including making such support more consistent); to provide a forum for community input into campaigns.

I have been working on a very rough strawman version of the process and I would be interested in hearing you comments about what such a process should involve and what you think it would require. Please feel free to leave such comments at the process talk page section. I would like to have a working page in place by the end of May. This would not need to be a final version. The process can be improved upon over time as we learn about how well it works.

I encourage you to:

Regards

Jseddon (WMF) (talk) Advancement Associate (Community Engagement) -- 02:45, 28 April 2016 (UTC)

Contest[edit]

Hi. Our small community is like to participate in this contest. I inform you because this is 1-st step. --Artificial123 (talk) 11:59, 7 October 2016 (UTC)

No renaming between November 20 and November 27[edit]

Hi,

You’re getting this because you’re a steward or global renamer. The Community Tech team are working on cross-wiki watchlists. We need to add a couple of fields to the localuser table in centralauth database. In order to be able to do this, we’d need to run a script that will get in the way of renaming users. Our apologies – we realize this is getting in the way of your work.

We ask that you do not rename anyone between 00:00 November 20 (UTC) and 00:00 November 27 (UTC).

(UTC means that if you live in the Americas, it will be on the evening or afternoon of November 19 when the script starts running, and if you live in Oceania or eastern Asia, it can be closer midday on November 27 before we can be sure the script is no longer running.)

Phabricator task.

If there are any problems related to this, or you have any questions, please write me on my talk page. /Johan (WMF) (talk) via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 19:42, 17 November 2016 (UTC)

The Wikimaps User Group has now been officially recognized![edit]

Let's start discussing the goals for our activities on the user group page. See you there! Cheers, Susanna Ånäs (Susannaanas) (talk) 10:22, 8 March 2017 (UTC)

Approved submission for Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2017[edit]

Dear Tamas,
On behalf of the Programme Committee of the Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2017, I am pleased to inform you that your submission Wikimedia Hackathon goes CEE - what we learned from pre-hackathons across the region was approved for presentation and was included in the event programme. Please take your time to review the schedule, as there might be some slight differences between the available timeslot allocated for your talk, and the duration you requested. Thank you for your participation, and see you in Warsaw. :) Bests, Spiritia 19:16, 25 August 2017 (UTC)

Wikipedia Library User Group is being renamed![edit]

Hello! In the past few months, the Wikipedia Library User Group has been undergoing some major planning and developments. We just finished our very first open call with the user group members, which was a great success (see the meeting minutes). If you joined us during the meeting, we’d like to thank you for your interest. If not, not to worry, we have lots of things planned for the user group in which you can participate.

This message is to inform you that based on the input received from the user group members and the founding members, it was agreed that the Wikipedia Library User Group’s name be reconsidered by a voting process. As a valued member of the user group, we’d like to invite you to vote on the list of potential names. You can vote by following this link. The poll will run for a timeframe of two weeks. Sent by MediaWiki message delivery on behalf of user group founding members --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 02:59, 17 October 2017 (UTC)

Structured Commons newsletter, October 25, 2017[edit]

Welcome to the newsletter for Structured Data on Wikimedia Commons! You can update your subscription to the newsletter. Do inform others who you think will want to be involved in the project!

Community updates
Things to do / input and feedback requests
Presentations / Press / Events
Audience at Structured Commons design discussion, Wikimania 2017
Team updates
The Structured Commons team at Wikimania 2017

Two new people have been hired for the Structured Data on Commons team. We are now complete! :-)

  • Ramsey Isler is the new Product Manager of the Multimedia team.
  • Pamela Drouin was hired as User Interface Designer. She works at the Multimedia team as well, and her work will focus on the Structured Commons project.
Partners and allies
  • We are still welcoming (more) staff from GLAMs (Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums) to become part of our long-term focus group (phabricator task T174134). You will be kept in the loop of the project, and receive regular small surveys and requests for feedback. Get in touch with Sandra if you're interested - your input in helping to shape this project is highly valued!
Research

Design research is ongoing.

  • Jonathan Morgan and Niharika Ved have held interviews with various GLAM staff about their batch upload workflows and will finish and report on these in this quarter. (phabricator task T159495)
  • At this moment, there is also an online survey for GLAM staff, Wikimedians in Residence, and GLAM volunteers who upload media collections to Wikimedia Commons. The results will be used to understand how we can improve this experience. (phabricator task T175188)
  • Upcoming: interviews with Wikimedia volunteers who curate media on Commons (including tool developers), talking about activities and workflows. (phabricator task T175185)
Development

In Autumn 2017, the Structured Commons development team works on the following major tasks (see also the quarterly goals for the team):

  • Getting Multi-Content Revisions sufficiently ready, so that the Multimedia and Search Platform teams can start using it to test and prototype things.
  • Determine metrics and metrics baseline for Commons (phabricator task T174519).
  • The multimedia team at WMF is gaining expertise in Wikibase, and unblocking further development for Structured Commons, by completing the MediaInfo extension for Wikibase.
Stay up to date!

Warmly, your community liaison, SandraF (WMF) (talk)

Message sent by MediaWiki message delivery - 14:26, 25 October 2017 (UTC)

Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election[edit]

Wikimedia and Libraries User Group logo.svg
Hi Samat! As promised by the Wikipedia Library team at the inception of the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group, we are conducting an open-election for the steering committee with 5 to 8 positions. Nominations will be accepted from 3 January 2018 to 9 January 2018. If you are interested in being a part of this committee, you can nominate yourself starting January 2nd next year. This position should attract Wikipedians and librarians with dedication and time to lead the user group in its first year. The elections will happen following the nominations phase starting from 10 January 2018 to 23 January 2018. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact WikiLibraryUG [at] googlegroups [dot] com. A message will be sent shortly before the dates linking to the venue for nominations and election. Thank you! On behalf of the user group founding members--MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 04:40, 13 December 2017 (UTC)

Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Nomination Phase[edit]

Hello again Samat! As stated in our previous message, nominations for the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group steering committee elections are now open and will remain open until the 9th. If you are interested and have read the instructions, please nominate yourself on the election page. Please forward your queries to libraries@lists.wikimedia.org, and for private correspondence, please get in touch with one of the founding members. And finally, wishing you a prosperous and happy new year on behalf of the user group founding members! On behalf of the user group founding members --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 08:00, 3 January 2018 (UTC)

Updates on the user group election and #1Lib1Ref[edit]

Hi everyone, two quick but important updates:

Timeline for nominations and voting[edit]

  • Nominations are extended until 12 January 2018.
  • Candidates will be lightly vetted by the Founding Members (excluding those who are candidates) to help form a well-functioning committee.
  • Vetting will happen from the 13th up to 21 January 2018.
  • Voting will begin on the 22nd of January and end on the 4th of February.
  • To be able to vote, editors must have joined the usergroup before the 21st of January.
  • Results will be announced on or before the 10th of February.

How you can support #1lib1ref[edit]

On behalf of the Founding Members --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 19:50, 10 January 2018 (UTC)

Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Voting Phase[edit]

Hello once again! We are happy to announce that the steering committee election 2018 is now open for voting. Because you have joined the user group by 21 January 2018, you are eligible to vote. As mentioned under the instructions for voters, you can vote support for multiple candidates, at most one support for each candidate. Also, oppose votes are not allowed, but discussions are welcome on the talk page.

On behalf of the Founding Members --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 19:24, 22 January 2018 (UTC)

Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Results[edit]

Hello everyone! The steering committee election for the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group is finally over and the results you were patiently awaiting for is here! We had many great candidates with awesome skillsets and experience, unfortunately not everyone could make it to the final eight. We are grateful to all the candidates for stepping up and boldly throwing their hat in the ring. It was a difficult choice and they made it. Now, the results. The candidates who made it to the final eight are,

On behalf of the founding members, the TWL team and the user group members, we congratulate the candidates on their successful run and welcome them to the committee. The steering committee and the founding members will soon meet to discuss the handover and next steps of the user group. Thank you--MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 18:56, 16 February 2018 (UTC)

Global preferences ready for testing[edit]

Greetings,

I am contacting you because of your support for Global settings in the 2016 Community Tech Wishlist. Global preferences are now available for beta testing, and need your help before being released to the wikis.

  1. Read over the help page, it is brief and has screenshots
  2. Login or register an account on Beta English Wikipedia
  3. Visit Global Preferences and try enabling and disabling some settings
  4. Visit some other language and project test wikis such as English Wikivoyage, German Wiktionary, the Hebrew Wikipedia and test the settings
  5. Report your findings, experience, bugs, and other observations

Once the team has feedback on design issues, bugs, and other things that might need worked out, the problems will be addressed and global preferences will be sent to the wikis.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks! Keegan (WMF) (talk) 22:48, 26 February 2018 (UTC)

CEE[edit]

Szia!

Nagyon szeretném, ha benne lennénk, azért is írtam fel a magyar wikit, de nem tudom, mit kell csinálnia egy ilyen lebonyolítónak, illetve ha én lennék az, akkor attól még részt vehetek versenyzőként is? Alensha (talk) 19:20, 18 March 2018 (UTC)

A mit kell csinálnia kérdésre nagyjából leírtam a kocsmafalon a feladatokat. Neked köszönhetően valójában jól állunk. A versenyben részt vehetsz, amennyiben közösségi értékelés lesz a korábbi évekhez hasonlóan. (Zsűris értékelés esetén is csak akkor zárnád ki magadat, ha a zsűri tagja lennél, de ezek közül szerintem egyik feltétel sem fog megvalósulni.) Ha van még kérdésed, szólj! Akkor beírhatlak a táblázatba? :) Samat (talk) 21:26, 18 March 2018 (UTC)

What's new from the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group[edit]

Wikimedia and Libraries User Group logo.svg
Hi Samat! Greetings from the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group. Yes, you heard that right! We are now officially known as the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group (previously, Wikipedia Library User Group). New group contacts are User:Merrilee and User:Sodapopinski7. The elected steering committee has been meeting twice a month ever since their election, working on the organisation and details of user group functioning. Progress is being made and we'd like to keep the members updated.
  • The committee decided to use the libraries@lists.wikimedia.org and has started making announcements on the list. Please join the list for future announcements and for internal discussions and communications.
  • The latest meeting minutes of the steering committee meeting (May 14-15, 2018) is now available on Meta.

On behalf of the steering committee,

Aaron,

via--MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 18:47, 27 May 2018 (UTC)

Wikimedia and Libraries User Group updates and Wikimania[edit]

Wikimedia and Libraries User Group logo.svg
Wikimania 2018 Cape Town Logo v2.png
Hi Samat! Greetings from the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group. Thank you for participating in the poll to help the steering committee plan activities for the year 2018. We received 84 responses, and the results can be found on the resources page. In addition to that, there are a few more things we'd like to share with you.

If you are attending Wikimania,

Bon voyage and have a wonderful Wikimania!

If you are not attending Wikimania, we have you covered too!

  • Please help us plan activities for this year by sharing your suggestions on how to implement the top two ideas from the poll results. The discussion is open on the user group talk page.
  • The latest meeting minutes of the steering committee meeting (June 28-29, 2018) is now available on Meta.

On behalf of the steering committee,

Aaron,

via--MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 17:02, 14 July 2018 (UTC)