|For urgent and/or confidential matters, send me an email.|
Hi, thanks for your recent post on Vietnamese Wikipedia Facebook group. I wonder how the content you posted is translated into Vietnamese, and if there is ready-made content, where can I find it, and in the future how can I help you with the translation? Thanks! Tryvix t 11:01, 1 February 2023 (UTC)
- @Tryvix1509: hi, thank you for your interest! For this round of the Universal Code of Conduct vote we have translators hired by the Foundation to translate announcements and related materials to the voting, and Vietnamese is one of the languages covered. Language coverage for the works of the MSG team varies on case-by-case basis, and I will be sure to let me know if there is any opportunity for translation into Vietnamese for volunteer translators in the future. Thanks again! RamzyM (WMF) (talk) 04:55, 2 February 2023 (UTC)
Hi, Ramzy, I can’t thank you enough for 11 June ESEAP session which was very intuitive, thank you as ever for taking care of our region.
Excuse me sharing a murmur as a translator: how can we avoid for bot task only tags pollute translation work? Such instances as with $user should not be marked to translate IMHO. Very boring and eats up volunteerism, as it repeats over and over again. /: Cheers, Omotecho (talk) 19:12, 11 June 2023 (UTC)
- That is an excellent question, Omotecho. Agree that it would be much more productive for translators to not doing these things constantly, I'm not sure if there's any automated way to do it. Maybe someone over at Babylon or translators-l would know? Cheers, RamzyM (WMF) (talk) 15:45, 12 June 2023 (UTC)
Shouldn't it be Wikimedia Foundation elections committee/Nominations/2023/Announcement - new members? And is there a reason why the announcement doesn't mention the usernames of the new members? :) Johannnes89 (talk) 17:48, 27 June 2023 (UTC)
- Well, you caught my unfortunate typo there :) I think it should be fine since I plan to send this as a MassMessage globally later, which will have the section header as its title. We aim for a simple announcement linked to an email that the Board chair will send to Wikimedia-l mailing list this week, which will contain the names of the new members and advisory members. Cheers, RamzyM (WMF) (talk) 18:52, 27 June 2023 (UTC)
Sunday July 16 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting (Global Council focus, now available in ar, es, fr!)
The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.
We'll focus on strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Wikimania Singapore, Future of SWAN, Movement Charter/Content new sections (particularly Movement Charter/Content/Global Council), other activities you submit, and we will top it all off with a grand finale AI Happy Hour / Doom Hour!
This month we are meeting on Sunday July 16, and you are all invited to RSVP here.
Hello. Please note that translation units such as
<!--T:3--> should not be reused when its content is drastically different from the original. This will cause unnecessary confusion and might pass the wrong message in the translation pages. --Minorax«¦talk¦» 04:20, 9 August 2023 (UTC)
- Hi Minorax, thanks for your note. I think you're referring to Movement Charter/Content/Roles & Responsibilities page? If so, we indeed would like to have it drastically different from the original version, which is a statement of intent rather than a full draft chapter. Our contracted translators are directed to redo the translation of the whole page. Cheers, RamzyM (WMF) (talk) 08:05, 9 August 2023 (UTC)
Request for unblock
Unblock request granted
This blocked user asked to be unblocked, and one or more administrators has reviewed and granted this request.
Request reason: Hi, I've encountered an autoblock. I'm editing using a VPN through the public network at the Wikimania venue, so I'd like to bypass it. Thanks, RamzyM (WMF) (talk) 04:29, 15 August 2023 (UTC) RamzyM (WMF) (talk) 04:29, 15 August 2023 (UTC)
Unblock reason: Local IPBE granted, which is the best we can do for the request as admins. I think that if you get "staff" accredited accounts that you pick up that sort of exception anyway. If you are caught by an active IP block, then we can look to remove that block if it not required. — billinghurst sDrewth 05:50, 15 August 2023 (UTC)
This template should be archived normally.
Typos in Mass Message
Hi, not sure if you're the one who just delivered the MassMessage re: "Movement Charter Drafting Committee's monthly newsletter: August 2023" (I recommend linking the signature to an individual or project's talk page, FWIW). Please note that many links, including the one to the MENA region call signup, are broken since there's a typo (it should be Special:MyLanguage, not MyLanguages). You may want to issue a correction to the targeted page list featuring only a list of correct links. In any case, a reminder that MassMessages are supposed to be tested before wide delivery. Good luck, --220.127.116.11 05:11, 15 August 2023 (UTC)
- @18.104.22.168: Apologies, there seem to be an oversight from my part. I will work through all the messages sent manually to fix it. Thanks for the ping! RamzyM (WMF) (talk) 13:53, 22 August 2023 (UTC)
Typo in WM News
- Well that's mighty stupid of me. Thanks for bringing it to my attention! RamzyM (WMF) (talk) 11:07, 5 October 2023 (UTC)