Grants:Project/Rapid/Tuanminh01/Vietnamese Wikipedia Nature Science Contest 2017/Report
Our project performance exceeds the goals, especially the number of created articles are more than double the estimated number. Our community are very excited to engage and happy to see the result.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Number of participant: 50 each month||160 for two month (9/2017: 126, 12/2017: 34)||The number of participants of the second month was less, perhaps due to unability to register to Fountain software|
|Number of newly created/edited: 300 each month||
12/2017: 707(submitted), 662 (approved)
|Summary of created articles of top 6 participant in September 2017 |
- What worked well?
- The number of created article are much more than we have expected.
- On the last week participants increased speed and created a lot of articles than the previous 3 weeks.
- Participants have learned a lot about how to use Content Translation and how to insert references to prove that their articles are notable.
- What did not work so well?
- There are a dozen machine translated or copyright infringement articles, and we have to disqualify these articles to be fair to other participants
- What would you do differently next time?
- Next time we can increase the number of estimated articles to 500-600 per month.
- Most of newly created articles are from chemistry, clearly they are easier to translate. Perhaps we will exclude chemistry articles in the next contest to stay balanced.
Grant funds spent
Total funds received: ~8554000 vnd from 8800000 vnd (390 USD) requested, due to lower rate exchange and bank charges
Total fund spent: all on prizes
|Prize (VND)||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||5th||6th||Total (VND)|
I cover the remaining 66.000 VND (~ 2.91USD).
Do you have any remaining grant funds? No
- This is the first contest months in our community, and our community have strong feelings that WMF is supporting us.
- Participants have expressed eagerness and the desire to join similar contests in the future.