Grants:Project/Rapid/Tuanminh01/Vietnamese Wikipedia Science Contest 2018/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
We have created many more articles than expected but from less number of editors, ironically. So we are happy that project has good production, but we are concerned about its ability to attract new editors.
Please report on your original project targets.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Number of participant: 50 each month||Not met, only 134 in 4 months
|Number of newly created/edited: 425 each month||6/2018:1040
|Fountain (summary) 6/2018 |
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- The number of created articles is much more than expected in each month (167% in total).
- What did not work so well?
- The number of registered editors is less than expected in each month. Only seasoned translators has participated.
- What would you do differently next time?
- We will be practical and expect less than 35 editors next time (if any). For the purpose of recruiting new editors, perhaps another kind of promotion (editathon or mass training) could be more suitable.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
I spent all grant funds on the prizes:
- 1st prize: 1.200.000 vnd
- 2nd prize: 1.000.000 vnd
- 3rd prize: 800.000 vnd
- 4th prize: 700.000 vnd
- 5th prize: 650.000 vnd
- 6th prize: 550.000 vnd
Total: 5.000.000 vnd/month x 4 months = 20.000.000 vnd
Do you have any remaining grant funds? :
Anything else you want to share about your project?
We are quite excited to have these four contest months and love to have it again in the future.