Grants:Project/Rapid/Tuanminh01/Vietnamese Wikipedia Science Contest 2018
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve content
- Engage existing editors
- Attract new editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- We will focus on writing and improving articles about extended sciences: mathematics, physics, biology, medicine and astronomy, and some more branches can be added later. The reason is that in Vietnamese wikipedia, these articles attract little interest; the created and often edited articles are mostly about history, Vietnam war, films, and actors/actresses. We omit chemistry because it is the most science branch written about in the last contest (to keep balance).
- We will organize four contest months - June, August, October and December 2018
2. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- We use Fountain to keep track of the score.
- Scoring system: one point will be given for each new article on these specified branches of science. The minimum requirement is 2000 bytes and 250 words, excluding templates and references.
- Prizes will be given to the top six scorers. Prizes are phone recharge cards, so delivery should not be a problem.
3. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This would be our community's second contest rapid grant from WMF.
For writing contests:
- Number of participants: 50
- Number of articles created or improved: 425/month * 4 = 1700 articles (estimated from the result of the previous contest in 2017)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Tuanminh01 - organizer, will create contest pages, check scores, purchase and give prizes
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Total funding needed: 873.36 USD for prizes - with 6 prizes for each contest.
How will you let others in your community know about your project? Why are you targeting a specific audience? How will you engage the community you’re aiming to serve at various points during your project? Community input and participation helps make projects successful.
- The contest will be announced 2-4 weeks in advance in Sitenotice, Village pump and Facebook page.
- We will ask editors who are working in universities to promote it to their students.
Do you think this project should be selected for a Grant Rapid? Please add your name and rationale for endorsing this project below! (Other constructive feedback is welcome on the discussion page).
- I think this sponsorship will be useful for the vietnamese wikipedia project!! ThiênĐế98 (talk) 11:23, 10 April 2018 (UTC)
- That's great! Thusinhviet (talk) 11:36, 10 April 2018 (UTC)
- I've followed the previous contests organized in Vietnamese Wikipedia and honestly it brought so many benefits: a whole lot of new articles on subjects that normally nobody would bat an eye; and something for us to compete in! I really appreciate if WMF would grant us the fund again for another contest like that, this time in 4 months! Bluetpp (talk) 11:37, 10 April 2018 (UTC)
- Support Tuyenduong97 (talk) 12:11, 10 April 2018 (UTC)
- This is an interesting project. I support this project. Rondano (talk) 12:15, 10 April 2018 (UTC)
- To improve and expand scientific articles in quality and content, thank! Earthandmoon (talk) 14:21, 10 April 2018 (UTC)
- I support this project because It is great idea to develop our wikipedia Ledinhthang (talk) 14:32, 10 April 2018 (UTC)
- Support Mai Ngọc Xuân (talk) 14:42, 10 April 2018 (UTC)
- It's good to hear Laithanh97 (talk) 15:02, 10 April 2018 (UTC)
- A good project. 04:54, 11 April 2018 (UTC)
- This is an amazing opportunity to expand our Wikipedia community. I totally support this competition! Buileducanh (talk) 15:48, 11 April 2018 (UTC)
- We are missing a lot of quality articles. This project can make users more interested in contributing and writing good contents. Louis Anderson (talk) 05:42, 12 April 2018 (UTC)
- I'm interested in this project Nguyennam181077 (talk) 21:37, 13 April 2018 (UTC)
- It is interesting. Nguyenducminh2508 (talk) 15:11, 2 May 2018 (UTC)