Grants:Project/Rapid/UG MA/WikiForHumanRights 2021 in Morocco/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
Overall, we have met our main goals and created/improved several suggested articles. We are therefore grateful for the grant and thankful to everyone who helped in this project.
Please report on your original project targets. Please be sure to review and provide metrics required for Rapid Grants.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Number of participants: 100 (editors) and 100 (photographers)||20 (editors) [ref1] and 2 (photographers) [ref2]||
|Number of photos: 600 (uploaded) and 20 (used)||11 (uploaded) and 9 (used) ||
|Number of new/improved articles: 120 articles (in total and not per language)||247 articles ||
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- Translation of the material, e.g., landing page, social media communications, infographics, workshop, etc.
- The number of new/improved articles is more than what we expected.
- Work with incubator projects (shi) and new wikipedia projects (ary).
- Recording workshop explaining how to participate.
- The use of our social media platforms together with info-graphics.
- What did not work so well?
- Photography contest
- Recruiting new photographers and new editors
- What would you do differently next time?
- Organise photography contest as part of WLE (ongoing)
- More workshops to explain how to participate in the contest and recruit new editors
- Different way of outreach to encourage people to join (especially those outside of Wikimedia world)
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
- Event promotion on social media, total of 388.88 SEK (47 USD)
- Gift cards, 7800 SEK in total (i.e., 760 EUR of gift cards)
- Incidental, banking fees: 50 SEK (6 USD)
- Symbolic gift cards for material translation, 2 053 SEK (i.e., 200 EUR of gift cards)
This sums up to a total of around 10 291 SEK spent during the project. The total received funds were around 12 419 SEK.
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
An amount of around 2 128 SEK (for a 200 EUR worth of gift cards) remained (which was supposed initially planned to be allocated for the photo contest winners).
Anything else you want to share about your project? The remaining funds would be suitable to be used instead for the winner of the ongoing Wiki Loves Earth competition 2021 in Morocco.