- Report accepted
- To read the approved grant submission describing the plan for this project, please visit Grants:Project/Rapid/WMROMD/rowp15.
- You may still comment on this report on its discussion page, or visit the discussion page to read the discussion about this report.
- You are welcome to Email rapidgrants at wikimedia dot org at any time if you have questions or concerns about this report.
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
Being the first anniversary meeting on Romanian Wikipedia, we consider that it met its main objective, namely to initiate a community building process in our community.
The main achievement of the project is that we identify potential editors that that are interested and eager for further involvements in the WMROMD projects.
A significant issue remains the very low participation from experienced users, the main reasons for this being:
- a significant number of the important contributors are located outside Romania and their real life activities did not allow them to participate in
- the reluctance of a part of Romanian-based editors to participate in the offline meetings.
While we expected this and planned for a low turnout, the number of experienced editors joining us for the first time (2) was still disappointing.
Please report on your original project targets.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|6 Wikimedians very active (>1000 edits) on Romanian projects||5|
|10 other Wikimedians (at least 10 edits on Romanian projects or active on other projects)||10||5 of which where from other projects|
|4 others (partners, friends, interested people, occasional editors)||4||2 from geo-spatial.org and 2 from ApTI|
|2 people organizing the event||3|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- proper locations and support for participants
- good level of interest from the participants throughout the day, and also during the socializing event
- a response beyond our expectations from wikimedians in neighboring countries
- What did not work so well?
- the overall number of participants was a little bit lower than our expectation
- while paying for the scholarships in advance made participation possible for some users, it also made others less responsible that we hoped - we had 2 last minute cancellations out of which one was impossible to recover any money from
- What would you do differently next time?
- pay the scholarships after the meeting, based on receipts from the participants. This will make the participants more responsible to the use of funds and will ensure participation from interested users.
- make a better advertising and use more diverse channels of communication for announcing the event, including in sister projects
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
- Total amount received = 2000 USD
- Total spent = 7127.45 RON (aprox. 1781.9 USD).
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
- Total amount remained aprox. 218.1 USD
- We wish that the remained funds to be deduced from the amount allocated to „Centenar Romania” - Grants:Project/Rapid/ROU-MDA/Project „Romania 100”.
Anything else you want to share about your project?