Please see the sample Meeting application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Socialize with community members
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Recruit members for the User Group
- What is the purpose of the meeting and why is it important to your community?
- We are meeting to celebrate 15 years since the Romanian Wikipedia was founded. While we had previous meetings in Bucharest, we want to take advantage of this occasion and also have the first mini-conference dedicated to the community members, where we encourage broad participation from outside Bucharest as well as from diaspora.
- The conference part will contain 2 or 3 presentations on topics chosen by the community (which we will try to record), followed by a socializing event.
- If applicable, what benefits have you seen from doing this kind of meeting in the past?
- While we did not have such meetings before, even informal meetings have often brought change within the community by calming conflicts and helping design plans for the near-term. We hope that broader participation will help generate more significant and lasting changes.
- How will you let participants know about the meeting?
- How will you keep participants engaged after the meeting is over?
- This meeting is mainly dedicated to established Wikimedians, so keeping them engaged is not a direct target of this project. However, we will follow-up on any projects that will appear as a result of this meeting in order to better evaluate future meetings. We also expect a small number of non-wikimedians which can be included in our mentoring program.
- Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- We've already contacting some established Wikimedians and other open-source enthusiasts that might help us with the presentations
Note: In addition to your project-specific measures of success, you will also be asked to report on some Global Metrics at the end of your final report. Please keep this in mind as you plan, and we'll support you as you begin your project.
- Number of total participants
- Wikimedians very active (>1000 edits) on Romanian projects: 6
- other Wikimedians (at least 10 edits on Romanian projects or active on other projects): 10
- others (partners, friends, interested people, occasional editors): 4
- Number of people who will help organize the event: 2
Please note the following:
- the number of scholarships is an estimate; according to actual prices and demand, we might move money between scholarship categories
- the scholarships include transportation and 1 hotel night with breakfast; all other expenses are to be paid by the participants
- goodies will include diplomas for 5, 10 and 15 years on Wikipedia, and some stickers, pins etc.
- due to our lack of experience in organizing such events and the variable number of guests, we have also included a 5% "reserve fund". We will do our best not no need it, in which case we will request the ammount to be reassigned to our other projects
|Item||Count||Ammount per unit||Total ammount|
|Scholarships from Romania||3||$100||$300|
|Scholarships from Moldova||3||$100||$300|