Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
- Yes, I met my goals and I am happy with how the project went.
Please report on your original project targets. Please be sure to review and provide metrics required for Rapid Grants.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Number of events: 4||4||4 events was held with an additional zoom(online) trainings|
|Number of participants: 15||32||A total of 32 participants from both physical and virtual participation|
|Number of new editors:5||13|
|Number of of Gungbe articles created or improved: 40||48||some gungbe articles: Ayo Fasanmi, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Ọbafẹ́mi Martins|
|Number of of English articles created or improved: 5||0||No English articles was created as participants were more keen on the gungbe language|
|Number of Wikidata items created or improved: 40||538|
|Number of MediaWiki messages translated to Gungbe in Translatewiki: 200||232||232|
|Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): 10||5|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- Promoting the event through the local chiefs created more awareness.
- Providing free internet helped participant to have a hands-on practice on editing.
- What did not work so well?
- Since the Gungbe language is spoken in Benin and Nigeria, it was difficult to carry along the Benin participants. Though zoom connection was made available but it was difficult to explain mobile edits to them and this made us to exceed the time allocated for the event.
- Navigating the wikimedia projects was difficult for some native speakers as there was not enough translation on translatewiki to effect this change.
- What would you do differently next time?
- I would plan a physical event for Benin contributors or Organize a pre-event for such participants where I will attach a small group to a mentor to carry out this task.
- I would plan an event to make sure more messages get translated on translatewiki.net.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
- Space Rental: $150 x 4 events = $600
- Food and Drinks: $10 x 15 X 4 events = $600
- Camera rental: $25
- Router hire: $25 x 4 events = $100
- Data subscription on router: $46
- Data Subscriction on individal participants Mobile device to contribute post event days: $8 x 15 = $120
- Local Transport for organizers: $8 x 3 = $24
- Branded Nose Mask: $1 x 15 = $15
- Pocket Size hand Sanitizers: $1 x 15 = $15
- Certificate of Participation: $1 x 15 = $15
- Communications before and after event(calls and internet subscription):$30
- Branded Shirts for organizers and top 3 contributors: $12 x 5 = $60
- Gift voucher for top 3 contributor: $130 (first: $60, Second:$40, third:$30)
- Branded souvenirs for all participants and organizers: $10 x 17 = $170
Total = $2,000
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
Anything else you want to share about your project?
- Some photos taken at the event: