Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content in Incubator (Gungbe Wikipedia)
- Translate MediaWiki messages in Translatewiki
- Add or improve content in Wikidata
- Add or improve content in English Wikipedia
- Engage existing editors on Wikimedia projects
- Activate Gungbe Language Wikimedia Community
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- 4 Series of editathons and trainings.
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- I have informed WNUG here
3. How will you let participants know about the edit-a-thon? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- I will inform them through Whatsapp, facebook and Town hall meetings. Some of the participants are already on the Whatsapp group created for the Language Community.
4. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Please provide links to the usernames of these individuals.
For example: User:I JethroBT
5. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Yes. Participants have mobile devices or laptops.
6. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- There is already a whatsApp group with about 5 editors actively editing the project on a daily basis. We will add more editors from the participants and continue to assign articles. We will set target each week and meet on free zoom call to discuss progress.
7. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
8. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 4
- Number of participants: 15
- Number of new editors:5
- Number of of Gungbe articles created or improved: 40
- Number of of English articles created or improved: 5
- Number of of Wikidata items created or improved: 40
- Number of MediaWiki messages translated to Gungbe in Translatewiki: 200
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): 10
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Samatics(organiser): I will be organising the event. As a native speaker, I started the project on incubator and I have been able to train 4 new editors to contribute on the project. Each has more than 10 articles on the test wiki and are also contributing to Wikidata.
- Biowikician (facilitator): He will help on the Logistic and project management.
- Misteld(communications): As a native speaker, he will help in communicating to literate Gungbe speakers and manage post event communication and engagement.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Space Rental: $150 x 4 events = $600
- Food and Drinks: $10 x 15 X 4 events = $600
- Camera rental: $25
- Router hire: $25 x 4 events = $100
- Data subscription on router: $46
- Data Subscriction on individal participants Mobile device to contribute post event days: $8 x 15 = $120
- Local Transport for organizers: $8 x 3 = $24
- Branded Nose Mask: $1 x 15 = $15
- Pocket Size hand Sanitizers: $1 x 15 = $15
- Certificate of Participation: $1 x 15 = $15
- Communications before and after event(calls and internet subscription):$30
- Branded Shirts for organizers and top 3 contributors: $12 x 5 = $60
- Gift voucher for top 3 contributor: $130 (first: $60, Second:$40, third:$30)
- Branded souvenirs for all participants and organizers: $10 x 17 = $170
Total = $2,000
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- I endorse this project because just as the Tyap Wikipedia project presently in the Incubator, and the recently launched Dagbanli Wikipedia, the Gungbe Wiki project would be a plus to reaching the unreached of minority groups of Africa and the world at large in line with Wikipedia Foundation's 2030 Strategic goals. So I support it. Kambai Akau (talk) 08:16, 10 August 2021 (UTC)