Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimedia Community Arusha/Monthly Edit-a-thons on Swahili Wikipedia/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went? Yes I met the goals and I am happy with how the project went.
Please report on your original project targets. Please be sure to review and provide metrics required for Rapid Grants.
Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) 15
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Number of events-2||Number of events-2||Goals attained|
|Number of participants - 20||Number of participants - 28||Target achieved and beyond|
|Number of new editors- 5||Number of new editors- 5||Target achieved and beyond|
|Number of of articles created or improved - 40+||Number of of articles created or improved - 312||Target achieved and beyond|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well? The turn up was awesome more participants participated than the expected number
- What did not work so well? I had set lower expectations of the number of participants
- What would you do differently next time? Increase target expectations of the project.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
- Food - 800,000 TZS
- Tea, Drinks and Bites - 400,000 TZS
- Internet - 50,000 TZS
- Local Transport (for the participants and event organizers while making arrangements for the events) - 800,000 TZS
- Venue - 160,000 TZS
- Stationary and Graphics Designing - 140,000 TZS
- Communications(Data,call and sms bundles for the organizers) - 150,000 TZS
- Router rent (for internet sharing during the events) - 100,000 TZS
- Laptop rent(for participants with no laptops at least 4 laptops) - 120,000 TZS
- Contingency - 130,000 TZS
- Total = 2,850,000 TZS
Do you have any remaining grant funds? Yes, there is 20,000 TZS remaining I would like to use the remaining funds on a new project.
Anything else you want to share about your project? Her is the link to the project,s outreach dashboard : https://outreachdashboard.wmflabs.org/courses/Wikimedia_Community_Arusha/Monthly_Edit-a-thons_on_Swahili_Wikipedia/home