Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimedia TZA/Feminism and Folklore 2021 in Tanzania/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
- Yes. Generally the project went well and we are happy with how it went considering this was one of the first-time projects to be done by our community.
Please report on your original project targets. Please be sure to review and provide metrics required for Rapid Grants.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Number of articles created or improved= At least 200||207+ articles||Goal met|
|Number of participants=At least 25||29 participants signup to participate, at least 10 people actively engaged in a project.||Some of the participants who signed up were newcomers and some participants engaged more in the Told cities project since the project ran the same timeline as the Told cities project.Goal was met.|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- Activeness of article writers
- Interactive learning during online trainings
- What did not work so well?
- Lack of Categories in Swahili Wikipedia for some of the topics
- Lack of Swahili infobox to reflect similar article structure as it is seen in English Wikipedia
- What would you do differently next time?
- Started some communication with Amir (WMF language staff) to see how we can translate more templates such as infoboxes to be used in Swahili Articles.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
The fund was used as indicated below:
|Item||Proposed amount (USD)||Actual amount (USD)||Comments|
|Awards for Article Writers||1st Winner 200USD gift voucher, 2nd Winner 100USD gift voucher, 3rd Winner 50USD gift voucher||350||1st Winner 200USD gift voucher, 2nd Winner 100USD gift voucher, 3rd Winner 50USD gift voucher were given to the 1st Winner, 2nd Winner and 3rd Winner Respectively.|
|Internet support||250||200||internet support to participants for the online calls, online trainings and during Wikipedia editing|
|Communication among the 6 facilitators & emergency,& Bank rates)||185||230||communication and bank costs|
|Equipment rentals||450||380||3 laptops was rented for 5 days for and these helped those who didn’t have tools for editing as well as were helpful to judges of this contest.|
|Branding and Social media promotion||162||137||For banner designing and printing, social media promotion, notebooks, pens and sticky notes.|
|Supplies and souvenirs||165||165||(stickers, mugs, certificates, Souvenirs for 5 judges who participated to judge the articles produced during the contest to get the top 3 winners.|
|Online tools or services||100||50||subscription services for online meeting platforms, social media promotion.|
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
- No. All the grant was used up for the project.
Anything else you want to share about your project?
- Thanks to the Foundation and grants team for the continuous support, especially for the opportunity to let us implement these new projects in our country, from these projects the community continues to gain more experience.