Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimedia TZA/Wiki Loves Africa 2021 in Tanzania/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
- Yes. Despite launching the contest a little bit late, we are happy that the project went well and we are happy for that.
Please report on your original project targets. Please be sure to review and provide metrics required for Rapid Grants.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Number of events= at least 2 main in person events||We were able to do 2 in person events and conducted three online events.||Goal was met|
|Number of participants= at least 25||51+ participants||Goal met|
|Number of new editors=5||10+ new participants||Goal met|
|Number of of photos uploaded to Wikicommons 320+||499 photos were uploaded||Goal met|
|Number of photos used in WMF projects (through ISA tool contest)=200+||Due to the limitation of time we had, the contest is not set yet, we are expecting to launch it on 25th May 2021 and it will run for one week.||on progress|
Top 3 Winners
1.First Winner =User: Rasheedhrasheed
- Winning photo =Pandemic awareness
2.Second Winner =User: Erasmus Kamugisha
- Winning photo =Exercising in the Udzungwa Tanzania
3.Third Winner =User: Kelvin Haukila
- Winning photo =Young girl Orthopaedic Technologist Physiotherapist Mask COVID-19 Gait re-education Prosthesis Rehabilitation_Parallel bar KCMC Hospital Moshi Tanzania.jpg
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- Good number of participants contributed their photos to Wikimedia Commons
- We had a good in person event that gave detailed knowledge on Wikimedia Commons and Copyrights .
- Internet support seemed helpful towards contributing photos to Wikimedia commons.
- What did not work so well?
- Despite an effort to raise awareness about the theme Healthy and Wellness, there were some challenges to some participants as to where those photos can be captured from.
- Legal limitations to some sites as they forbid taking photos.
- Some participants didn’t include the Categories during uploading, this slowed done the judging process as it was required to sort all Categories issues before the jury started its job.
- Shift to annual grants so that the contests in our Country will start on time.
- What would you do differently next time?
- We are working to register our User group as an organizational entity to have some more access to doing more projects without legal restrictions.
- Encourage more the participants to include the instructed Categories for easier Identification of the Tanzanian submitted photos.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
The fund was used as indicated below
|Item||Quantity||Proposed amount (USD)||Actual amount (USD)||Comments|
|Food and drinks||30 people||$16@30=$480 for both 2 events||480||for the in person and online events|
|Branding & Stationeries (3T-shirts,Wikipedia wristbands and key holders, flyers, mugs, certificates, banners)||1||170||210||Souvenirs were given to contributors|
|Logistics, Communications & Outreach||1||167||207||transport for facilitators, data and calls|
|Photo hunt (Photo Walk)||2@$200||400||340||Amount was spent for transport and food for during the photo hunt|
|Social Media (Promotion)||2@$30||60||60||online promotion of the project|
|Closing Ceremony Awards||(1st,2nd & 3rd Winners)||($200 gift voucher, $100 gift voucher,$50gift voucher||350||The award was given in terms of gift cards/vouchers and certificates.|
|Equipment rent||3 laptops and 2 cameras||340||300||for uploading and taking photos respectively|
|Bank rates||20||40||Bank charges|
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
- No, the whole fund was used for the project.
Anything else you want to share about your project?
- We sincerely thank the Foundation and the grants team for your support that led to a successful project.