Grants:Project/Rapid/Yoruba Wikimedians User Group/Follow up training for Yoruba language students of Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
- Yes, we met and surpassed most of our goals, and we are happy with how the project went.
Please report on your original project targets.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|If at least two trainings are organized||Two trainings were organized.||Two trainings were organized on the 2nd and 3rd March 2020.|
|If at least 50 people participate||More than 80 people participated.||The training was declared opened by the institution's provost. The Yoruba department HOD and lecturers were fully for the training. The students and lecturers were excited and there was massive turnout.|
|If at least 20 new editors are recruited||More than 30 new editors were recruited.||See list here|
|If at least 10 new editors continue to contribute, three months after the training||More than 10 new editors continue to contribute as of the time of writing this report (ca. one week).||We will update this report in June 2020 with the total number of editors who continue to contribute three months post-training. Additionally, the mentorship program is ongoing.|
|If at least 50 articles are created or improved||More than 100 articles have been created or improved.||Improvement of existing and creation of new articles are ongoing. We will updated this report with the total number of new articles created or improved after three months.|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- The pre-training meeting held with the Yoruba department staff and the students association really worked well for us.
- The awareness campaign we conducted prior to the training.
- The institution management's interest and involvement. The provost was excited about the overall idea and she graced the event and declared it open. This demonstrated to the students a high level of commitment and importance of the training, which in turns impacted on their participation
- The timely disbursement of funds by the WMF.
- Strong commitments of the leadership of the Yoruba Wikimedians User Group.
- The ongoing mentorship program.
- Internet network worked well this time. We decided to do something different: previously we only subscribed to one or two internet networks. But this time, we subscribed to all the networks in Nigeria, and that really worked.
- What did not work so well?
- The department's academic staff wanted a separate session, but there was no time or resources for that.
- What would you do differently next time?
- We will try to organize a separate session for the academic staff
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
|Date||Time||City||Vendor/receiver||Items||Amount||Currency||Purchase||Purpose of purchase||Receipt status|
|29th Feb. 2020||10:27 AM WAT||Lagos, Nigeria||Yemi Legend||Food||240,000||NGN||Food as refreshments||Food for participants in the training||Receipts were provided by this vendor|
|29th Feb. 2020||1:27 PM WAT||Lagos, Nigeria||1st Precious Vin. Ltd||Juice and Water||64,800||NGN||Fruit juice and water for participants||Beverages for participants in the training||Receipts were provided by this vendor and sent to WMF|
|29th Feb. 2020||9:50 PM WAT||Lagos, Nigeria||Commercial buses||Transportation for facilitators||50,000||NGN||Transportation for facilitators||Round-trip transportation for facilitators from their various cities to the training venue||Receipts were provided by this vendor and sent to WMF|
|27th Feb 2020||1:10 PM WAT||Lagos, Nigeria||Commercial bus & refreshments||Pre-training meeting expenses||40,000||NGN||Transportation and refreshments||Transportation and refreshments for meeting participants||Receipt was not provided by the vendors|
|29th Feb. 2020||1:00 PM WAT||Lagos, Nigeria||Local recharge card vendors||Recharge cards for phone calls & internet||65,000||NGN||Recharge cards for phone calls & internet||Recharge cards for phone calls before and during the programs for coordination of activities and internet services at the training center||Receipts was provided by this vendor and sent to WMF|
|29th Feb. 2020||3:00 PM WAT||Lagos, Nigeria||AD-Monseg Enterprises||Printing expenses||50,000||NGN||Printing of certificates||Printing of certificates for participants||Receipt was provided by this vendor and sent to WMF|
|2nd & 3rd March 2020||9:00 AM WAT||Lagos, Nigeria||Mikaeel Sodiq, Ayokanmi Oyeyemi, Olatunde Isaac, Dansu Peter, Olaniyan Olushola||Food||50,000||NGN||Food for facilitators||Food as refreshments for facilitators||No receipt was provided|
|2nd & 3rd March 2020||9:00 AM WAT||Lagos, Nigeria||Adeck Studio||Projector rental||30,000||NGN||Projector for training session||Projector for training session||No receipt was provided|
|2nd & 3rd March 2020||9:00 AM WAT||Lagos, Nigeria||Mr. Olatide Jeremia||Generator and fuel||20,000||NGN||Generator and fuel||Alternate power supply at training center||No receipt was provided|
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
Anything else you want to share about your project?
See the event image category at c:Category:Yoruba Wikimedians workshop at AOCOED