Welcome back from Wikimania 2019!
- Option 3: New Creation: What was one useful outcome that was created at the event for the Wikimedia movement?
- I shared with other Wikipedians the experience of creating a large community of women editors in my native region, Republic of Bashkortostan (Russian Federation) (thanks for consecutive interpreting to Oleg Abarnikov (Soul Train), administrator of the Bashkir and Lezgi Wikipedia editions).
- I actively covered the event on social networks. Based on my reports, the media in Tatarstan and Bashkortostan wrote about Wikimania in Stockholm, including the mention of the Bashkir Wiki grandmothers at the closing ceremony by Katherine Maher. (Tatar-Inform, "Bashkortostan" newspaper, "Yәshlek" newspaper)
I talked with Wikimania participants from different countries - Chile, Algeria, Italy, Poland, Russia, Ukraine, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Israel, Turkey.
With the representative of Armenia (Aram Pakhchanyan) we agreed to implement the idea of introducing Wikipedia into the educational program in the form of a quest lesson.
- I shot a video of the first football game in Wikimania’s history (@ Facebook): (Video 1) (Video 2)
- After returning home, I wrote articles about new Wikimedian of the year Emna Mizouni in the Bashkir Wikipedia, as well as about some of the sights of Sweden (Stockholm Palace, Livrustkammaren).
- In the coming days, in one of the republican media, my “travel notes” about a trip to the Wikimania 2019 will be published.
- Wikimania 2019 by Zaytuna Nigamatjanova (Category at Commons - photos taken by me).
- Zaytuna Nigamatjanova at Wikimania 2019 (Category at Commons - photos with me).