Jump to navigation Jump to search
Welcome back from Wikimania 2018!
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- It was my fourth Wikimania: and it was a very good chance to meet people who we deal with them without see each other and change different and new ideas which make some Initiatives come later. I created Arabic Meetup Report at Wikimania 2018 on Arabic Wikipedia to share this experience with the Arabic community.
- Option 3: New Creation: What was one useful outcome that was created at the event for the Wikimedia movement?
- New projects and collaborative came from my meetings with community members;
- We started Inter WikiWomen Collaboration Round 1 for the Arabic Community with Collaboration with Armenia, Argentina, Italy, Cameron from 15th to 31 August 2018. So, mission completed. In Egypt, there were 11 participants and 87 created articles, the whole statistics here.
- Be part of fourth conference of Arab World, WikiArabia, in Marrocco next year.
- I had a good opportunity to meet people from Wikimedia Foundation and Wikimedia Spain, Colombia, Venezuela Mexico, Ukraine, Armenia, South África, Germany, Sweden, Italy, Nigeria, Nepal, Ghana, Jordan, Palestine, Siria, Argelia, Tunisia and other wikipedians from all over the world. we talked about the movement of Arabic Wikipedia and its role in Arabic community, how WEP is involved on it and has a great influence in its development and we can convince teachers to use Wikipedia as a teaching tool. Also, we talked about Wikimaster and how we can involve it in good way through the Arabic Community.
- I attended the WikiArabia meetup and Wikiwomen meetup to discuss more issues related to Arabic Wikipedia, WEP and the movement of women at Wikimedia projests. Grupo photo of WikiArabia meetup is here; Grupo photo of Wikiwomen meetup is here; Grupo photo of the conference here.
- I did an interview related to how we can improve mobile version and we discussed an important issue for Ar.Wikipedia related to disapearing an inapropiad Photo.
- Be part of the Movement Strategy Working Group for Diversity;Group Photo here.
- Be part of the Map of the World here!
- Be part of Cuteness Association; Group Photo here.
- I have three presentation here, here & here.
- I presented a banner of WEP in Egypt from 2012-2018.
- I asked for a table for Egypt Wikimedians user group at the Community Village and I co-presented and co-organized with my Wikimeidan colleague Reem Al-Kashif. This table helped developing our activities and getting more people interested in collaborations. Photos here. Also, in our table at Community Village, we shared Book Swapping.
- I already have uploaded more than 595 photos.
- I participated in the two Learning Days and attended some sessions of Hakathon.
- I interviewed many wikimedians here and shared some of them on Wikimedia Egypt on Facebook.