Wikisouce | Tools | Developer
- I added West Bengal Public Library Network (WBPLN) into the Book Uploader Bot tool. This will allow the books stored in this digital library to be directly uploaded into archive.org from where using IA uplaod tool, they can be uploaded to Commons. All these can be done sparing user bandwidth. This will increase the number of uploaded books for Bengali Wikisource.
- Began to work on a web frontend on tool lab (not yet available) for OCR4wikisource, see phabricator ticket for more information
This was my first Wikimedia based event. It would be too long to mention everyone, but most remarkable meetups where about
- I got the opportunity the meet my 2014 G.S.O.C. mentors User:Tpt and User:Aubrey and the very helpful User:Nemo_bis.
- I was glad to meet User:DPatrick_(WMF), the current security manager of Wikimedia Foundation.
- I made several friends with contributors from different parts of India, many of which are now added on facebook.
- Had some fun hacking with User:Psychoslave.
Overall I feel I had a deepening connection via face to face interaction with several people who I had previously only known via IRC nicknames.
The food was amazing. Although there was a lot of walking between the venues.
The evening event of Country music and dance was among my favourites. Everyone from the community stood up to the dance floor, which was fun.
Apart from the community I had good time with the locals too. They were welcoming and very helpful.
I would like to thank WMF and Team Wikimania 2016 for letting me have this wonderful opportunity of meeting awesome like-minded people in a beautiful place like Esino Lario.