This Wikimedia Participation Support request was funded in the fiscal year 2014-15. A report is available.
Goal and expected impact
The goal of my presentation is to show how Wikipedia articles can bring an increase in knowledge even without original research, by networking existing knowledge and creating connections between existing research without creating a new synthesis, as evidenced in a couple of exemplary biographies and their development; people will get a better understanding of a German eqivalent (which does not exist yet) of Wikipedia:What SYNTH is not.
- round trip airfare from IAD to Leipzig/Halle airport): USD 1350 - Railway Leipzig/Halle to Dresden: 63 Euro = USD 71 - Public Transport Dresden 3 days at Euro 10 = USD 34
- Accommodation: Euro 100 per night x 3 nights = Euro 300 = USD 335
TOTAL: c. USD 1790
Veronika Krämer of firstname.lastname@example.org advised me to request my grant here. I live in the US, but mainly contribute to German Wikipedia (and Commons).
- Full and wholehearted support. Concord is a long-term and trusted member of the German Wikipedia and I think it would be great not to exclude community members from events like this who – for whatever reason – have to work in a different county. Best, --Frank Schulenburg (talk) 02:27, 9 July 2015 (UTC)
- Concord's participation should be supported. His contributions to the German WP show highest quality, especially by using the WP-structure to connect (mostly complicated historical) contents to a „field of subject“ which you will not find anywhere, neither in web nor printed. For example see his biographical contributions to the Hanseatic city of Lübeck. So his announced presentation will help other authors to understand the method and will inspire their intention of bringing forward WP-quality. The place somebody lives seems irrelevant für me, because Concord is willing to offer his treasures of competence to the international community. Felistoria (talk) 17:13, 9 July 2015 (UTC)
- Full Support! User:Concord is a highly qualified contributor in varous fields of the German Wikipedia. We both work together since 2005. The contribution, which he is offering to present to the WikiCon, is a networking approach, which is or could be a relvant help for other - less experienced - editors in the field of biography from the mediaeval to present.--Kresspahl (talk) 14:27, 10 July 2015 (UTC)