User talk:Frank Schulenburg
|Users by language|
Archive of older discussions: 1
- 1 Translation of Good practices
- 2 Thank you
- 3 Re: Good luck!
- 4 Community engagement survey for the Iceland Conference 2018
- 5 Wiki Loves Food
- 6 Island ko - nächster Anlauf?
- 7 JSTOR account redistribution (The Wikipedia Library)
- 8 Join us on The AfroCine Project
- 9 Welcome to the Months of African Cinema!
- 10 AfroCine: Join the Months of African Cinema this October!
Translation of Good practices
Hi! I am trying to translate the good practices section into Basque. I found you on the history of the page... Now I find my task a bit not too convenient, since it does not let me translate or edit the links, not even by using the translate tool. Is there any way I can get to translate them straight? Thank you --Iñaki LL (talk) 09:06, 6 September 2016 (UTC)
- Hi Iñaki LL, unfortunately, I don't have any experience in translations (neither with or without the translation tool). I think the best way of finding a solution will be to reach out to others who are more familiar with this. Maybe the people at Meta:Babylon can provide advice. Thanks for contacting me, though, and all the best! --Frank Schulenburg (talk) 23:42, 8 September 2016 (UTC)
Thank you for the wishes and compliments. ViswaPrabhaവിശ്വപ്രഭtalk 04:03, 29 May 2017 (UTC)
Re: Good luck!
Community engagement survey for the Iceland Conference 2018
|Hello Frank Schulenburg,
As your username is indicated in the list of the members of the Commons Photographers User Group, you are kindely invited to answer this survey to shape the upcoming Iceland Conference 2018
- Hi Frank, I did this template. What do you think about it? Dyolf77 (talk) 23:45, 14 February 2018 (UTC)
Hello Frank. I just received an invitation to contribute to the survey about the proposed Iceland Conference 2018. I didn’t know that the Commons Photographers User Group was planning this, but I fully support the idea and have submitted a response to the survey. When the CPUG was set up I did ask to be involved, but I see that the debate about who might attend Wikimania 2018 has not been widely circulated. Although I didn't know about the debate, I have independently applied for a scholarship myself. Best wishes Charlesjsharp (talk) 10:46, 19 February 2018 (UTC)
Wiki Loves Food
Hello! After the successful pilot program by Wikimedia India in 2015, Wiki Loves Food (WLF) is happening again in 2018 and this year, we are going International. To make this event a grant success, your direction is key. Please sign up as a volunteer or sign up on behalf of your affiliate here.--Abhinav619 (talk) 16:23, 27 April 2018 (UTC)
Island ko - nächster Anlauf?
Ich thematisiere das hier ganz bewußt öffentlich sichtbar und nicht per Mail oder Telefon... WMF möchte die Konferenz nicht finanzieren. Die allermeisten Commonsianer können das nicht selbst bezahlen. Ein Treffen auf die "reichen" Westeuropäer und US-Amerikaner zu beschränken, halte ich für den falschen Weg. Also brauchen wir einen oder mehrere externe Finanzquellen. Daß WMF mit ihrem Millionenbudget nichts weiter macht als "abgelehnt" in den Antrag zu schreiben, empfinde ich schon etwas seltsam. Ich hätte erwartet, daß zumindest eine kurze Begründung (falscher Ort, dauert zu lange, zu viele/zu wenige Teilnehmer...) gekommen wäre.
Also suchen wir mal nach potentiellen Geldgebern. Kamerahersteller vielleicht? National Geographic? Google? Unesco? Commons wird als Chapter wohl nicht für Ernst genommen. Einzig bei WM-AT werden Fotografen gefördert und unterstützt. Aber der österreichische Chapter kann so ein Treffen nicht finanzieren - aber unterstützen. Vielleicht wäre Österreich statt Island besser geeignet? Die Flugkosten sind freilich deutlich höher. Oder Paris, London, New York (als internationale Drehkreuze sind die Flugkosten vergleichsweise niedrig)? Oder Tokio (Nikon, Canon), in Südkorea bei Samyang oder in China bei Zhongyi oder Yongnuo? --Ralf Roletschek (talk) 21:02, 30 April 2018 (UTC)
- Ralf, bei dem Treffen der Photographers User Group in Berlin wurde die Angelegenheit schon diskutiert (da mit einer Ablehnung zu rechnen war). Angedacht wurde die Verlagerung an einen anderen Ort, eventuell in Form einer "Pre-Conference" zu einem ohnehin anderweitig stattfindenden Treffen. Ich warte momentan noch darauf, dass Mounir ein Protokoll unserer Sitzung einstellt (ein Gruppenfoto wurde auch gemacht). Beste Grüße, --Frank Schulenburg (talk) 21:59, 30 April 2018 (UTC) (weiteres Ergebnis des Treffens: Verlagerung unserer Diskussionen weg von Facebook und Meta an einen zentralen Ort auf Commons – ich halte das persönlich für die momentan höchste Priorität, damit wir unseren Austausch bündeln können)
JSTOR account redistribution (The Wikipedia Library)
Hi - according to our records you received a free account for JSTOR through The Wikipedia Library. Because we’ve used up all of our allocated accounts, and it’s been some time since they were distributed, we want to redistribute any accounts that aren’t being used to users on our waitlist.
If you’re still using, or plan to use, your JSTOR access, no problem! Simply head over to the Library Card platform, log in, and request a renewal of your account. You should be able to do this from your user page, or the JSTOR signup page. If you can’t find the renewal button, or have any other issues or questions about this, please feel free to leave a message on my talk page. We’ll begin redistributing inactive accounts in September; if you request renewal after then we will only be able to reactivate your account if we have spots remaining. Thanks, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 13:32, 20 August 2018 (UTC)
Join us on The AfroCine Project
This is to introduce you to a new Wikimedia project called The AfroCine Project. This new project is dedicated to improving the coverage of the history, works, people, places, events, etc, that are associated with the cinema, theatre and arts of Africa, African countries, the Caribbean, and the diaspora. If you would love to be part of this (or you're already active in this area), by coordinating local programmes around African cinema (independently or otherwise) in your community or local Wikipedia, kindly list your username or organization as a participant on the meta project page here.
Furthermore, In the months of October and November, we are organizing a global contest and edit-a-thon tagged: The Months of African Cinema. If you would love to join this exciting event, also list your username as a participant on the English Wikipedia page. If you would love to lead this contest (or any other relevant program) for a non-English Wikipedia community, please feel free to translate the English Wikiproject page to your local language Wikipedia, or you can create one from scratch!
Welcome to the Months of African Cinema!
The AfroCine Project welcomes you to October, the first out of the two months which has been dedicated to improving contents that centre around the cinema of Africa, the Caribbean, and the diaspora.
This is a global online edit-a-thon, which is happening in at least 5 language editions of Wikipedia (en, he, es, it, bn) and Wikidata. Join us in this exciting venture, by helping to create or expand articles which are connected to this scope.
On English Wikipedia, we would be recognizing Users who are able to achieve the following:
- Overall winner (1st, 2nd, 3rd places)
- Country Winners
- Diversity winner
- High quality contributors
- Gender-gap fillers
- Page improvers
- Wikidata Translators
For further information about the contest, the recognition categories and how to participate, please visit the contest page here.
If you'd love to organize this contest for your local wiki or organize in-person events centred around this project, or you need further information about the AfroCine Project, please leave a message on the project talkpage. See you around :).--Jamie Tubers (talk) 22:50, 03 October 2018 (UTC)
AfroCine: Join the Months of African Cinema this October!
After a successful first iteration of the Months of African Cinema last year, we are happy to announce that it will be happening again this year, starting from October 1! In the 2018 edition of the contest, about 600 Wikipedia articles were created in at least 8 languages. There were also contributions to Wikidata and Wikimedia commons, which brought the total number of wikimedia pages created during the contest to over 1,000. About 9 in-person events were also organised for the edit-a-thon in different parts of the world.
The contest is organized by a Wikimedia project called The AfroCine Project, which is dedicated to improving the coverage of the history, works, people, places, and events, that are associated with the cinema, theatre and arts of Africa, African countries, the Caribbean, and the diaspora.
If you would love to join this exciting event, please list your username as a participant on the English Wikipedia contest page. If you would love to lead this contest for your country or community, please list your name in the coordinators' page here. The rapid grants team would be accepting proposals throughout October and November, in case you'd need funds to run local edit-a-thons or some other activities related to this event. Upon listing your name on the coordinators' page, you'd be contacted to talk about the resources you'd need to run the event in your community. You can also contact me directly for any clarifications.
Finally, We also need volunteers to handle some aspects of the AfroCine project. These aspects include:
- Community Liaison: This role essentially involves closely engaging with local communities to support their activities within the scope of Afrocine.
- Communications: This involves the communications aspects of the project. Sharing relevant information on mailing lists and social media would be the responsibility of this person.
- MAC Jury: This role involves joining the jury of Months of African Cinema contest. We need as many people as we can get 🙂.
- Tools: Going forward, we would need relevant tools to better track the metrics and also analyse the general impact of these events. We are calling for Wikimedia volunteers who can navigate wikimedia tools that can be useful for the project.
If you would love to help with any of these roles, or some other roles that have not been mentioned, please contact me directly or on: samoye_hotmail.com
If you have further questions, complaints, suggestions, etc., please reach out to me personally or right here or the project talkpages.