User talk:Dyolf77

From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Community engagement survey for the Iceland Conference 2018[edit]

Commons Photographers User Group
Hello Dyolf77,

As your user name is indicated in the list of the members of the Commons Photographers User Group, you are kindely invited to answer this survey to shape the upcoming Iceland Conference 2018
Thanks! --Dyolf77

Icon tools.svg User Group page | Nuvola apps email.png Leave a message to the user group
Toicon-icon-lines-and-angles-open.svg

Help wanted for global templates[edit]

You have shown support for global templates in the past. Staff of the Wikimedia Foundation view this change as big. We need to convince the Wikimedia Foundation to start working on this. We have to reassure them there is sufficient support by local project communities.

You can help move this forward.

Please do setup a page on the local projects you are (most) active on in the language of the project. Tell your fellow editors why you believe global templates are necessary. Follow the local project decision process to come to a discussion outcome as support or not. There is plenty of time for discussion. Please reach a conclusion before the end of April 2021.

Please translate the coordinating page on meta to languages you are proficient in. Gathering support from local projects for global templates

Please add a line to this meta page with a link to a discussion page on your local project(s).

The goal is to have the Wikimedia Foundation include a program to develop infrastructure for global templates in their 2021/2022 Annual Plan. The Wikimedia Foundation will decide on the Annual Plan in May/June this year.

The aim is to have several dozen local project communities to show support, and little concerns, issues or objections. Of course, any project can continue to use their local templates.

When you have questions about this initiative you can reach me at ad(_AT_)huikeshoven.org or + 31 6 40293574, and also on Telegram and Signal. You can also raise questions on the talk page on meta. Maybe some people would like to discuss this initiative in a meeting. Please let me know whether you would like to join a Zoom meeting in February.

Regards,

Ad Huikeshoven (talk) 12:16, 25 January 2021 (UTC)

This Month in GLAM: January 2021[edit]

This Month in GLAM logo 2018.png




Headlines
Read this edition in fullSingle-page

To assist with preparing the newsletter, please visit the newsroom. Past editions may be viewed here.

About This Month in GLAM · Subscribe/Unsubscribe · Global message delivery · Romaine 07:37, 9 February 2021 (UTC)

Sunday February 21 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

We are a mosiac.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, and January SWAN meetings and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates, this month we are meeting on Sunday February 21, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

To help set priorities for the SWAN agenda, and also to help manage which global conversations should be a focus in general, we have set up and invite everyone to participate at this SWAN priorities form.

Possible topics include Community Board seats, Interim Global Council, Strategy prioritization follow-up events, Branding, Universal Code of Conduct, Grant strategy, and WMF CEO search. That is a lot of things, which are most important to cover in our upcoming SWAN meeting?

Following the regular call, in SWAN after hours: Wikimedia Meet Jitsi social event with brainstorming for possible Nano Charter ideas, plus any other topics.

--Pharos (talk) 17:54, 18 February 2021 (UTC)

This Month in GLAM: February 2021[edit]

This Month in GLAM logo 2018.png




Headlines
Read this edition in fullSingle-page

To assist with preparing the newsletter, please visit the newsroom. Past editions may be viewed here.

About This Month in GLAM · Subscribe/Unsubscribe · Global message delivery · Romaine 16:00, 11 March 2021 (UTC)

Sunday March 21 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Community as a hand-carved gem.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, January, and February SWAN meetings and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Grants relaunch, Universal Code of Conduct/Discussions, Wikimedia Enterprise / OKAPI, Community Board seats, Interim Global Council + Movement Charter, and WMF Executive Transition

This month we are meeting on Sunday March 21, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(Note that the UTC times of 03:00 UTC and 19:00 UTC are the same as before, although some places have had daylight savings time changes since our last meeting).--Pharos (talk) 19:35, 17 March 2021 (UTC)

This Month in GLAM: March 2021[edit]

This Month in GLAM logo 2018.png




Headlines
Read this edition in fullSingle-page

To assist with preparing the newsletter, please visit the newsroom. Past editions may be viewed here.

About This Month in GLAM · Subscribe/Unsubscribe · Global message delivery · Romaine 22:52, 11 April 2021 (UTC)