This Wikimedia Participation Support request was funded in the fiscal year 2014-15. A report is available.
I am an active editor in the Spanish Wikipedia, and also in Wikidata and Commons. But my principal activity is the social research of new media and the arts. Currently I am studying the behavior and participation of the Spanish Wikipedia users in Mexico and his relationship with Wikimedia Mexico. Although my research is in progress, I would like to show some of my partial results to the Wikipedia research community.
Goal and expected impact
After my talk in the Congress, the audience will know an alternative methodology to study and understand the participation of Wikipedia users and Wikimedia volunteers. Also, I will show the importance of the qualitative analysis of users participation as a complement of metrics and the quantitative analysis.
- Travel (round trip airfare from Aguascalientes, Mexico to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil): USD 862
- Accommodation: USD 70 per night x 3 nights = USD 210
- Food: USD 25 per day x 4 days = USD 100
- Congress registration = USD 10 (R$ 30)
- Transportation: USD 2,5 per day x 4 days = USD 10