In the event and after it I had the chance to meet and discuss with Wikimedia Community User Group Members and WMF staff (MARKELLOS, Ggia, Ariel T. Glenn and Faidon Liambotis). The user group had a stand banner during the event and distributed leaflets. This was the third time the user group participates in this series of conferencies and we are building strong relations to the event.
I also had the chance to discuss with members of EELAK (Greek open source community) with whom we have co-organised events in the past and we plan to co-organise more events in the future. Recall that this connections lead to get us invited in a workshop/event last year and other invites to similar events.
I also met people from other open source communities and students of Informatics departments. I got various connections that may lead in organining a Hackathon in Athens. Some students were already aware of the two Hackathons organised in Thessaloniki.
Approximatelly 20 people attended the workshop/talk I organised. Mainly students.
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- Add a link here to a blog post or newsletter you wrote about your participation afterwards, or to a meet-up you organized to share your experience with your local community.
- Report of my talk in my personal blog (Greek)
- Report of the event in User Group's blog (Greek)
- Short CV of the speaker at Fosscomm's official website (English)
- The talk on video (Greek)
- The entire day on video (Greek)
- The slides on Academia.edu (English)
- The slides at Researchgate (English)
All photos are available at Category:Fosscomm 2017.
- Travel (round trip airfare from Corfu to Athens): 192.52 €
- Registration fees: 0 €
- City transport: 44.59 €
- Per diem: 92.30 €
- Printouts: 0 €
- Accommodation: 0 €
Total: 329.41 €