Grants:TPS/Pavanaja/FUEL GILT Conference 2016
This Wikimedia Participation Support request was funded in the fiscal year 2014-15. A report is available.
I am an active Wikimedian with a total global edit count of 11,627 (as on Sep 11, 2016). I am one of the very first Wikipedian in Kannada Wikipedia. I am also an active Wikipedian in Tulu Wikipedia, which became live recently. I have been an active contributor to many projects in the area of open source and open knowledge communities like FUEL Project, Mozilla, LibreOffice, Wikimedia projects, etc. I have submitted an abstract to be presented at the conference titled "Localisation experiences in Kannada and Tulu Wikipedias". The proposal has been accepted for presentation. I will be talking about the experiences in localising UI strings and other messages in Kannada and Tulu Wikipedias, their similarities and differences, some of the issues faced and how the community addressed them.
Goal and expected impact
- Interaction with the Indian language computing and localisation communities, which will help in further strengthening the existing networks.
- There will be participants who have worked on localisation into Indian languages who have worked on similar projects. Exchange of experiences and ideas will be mutually beneficial.
- Explore possible collaboration in advanced areas of Wikimedia projects.
- Getting suggestions from other Indian language communities who might have faced similar issues and solved them and then taking these solutions to the Wikimedia projects that I work with.
Total funding needed = INR 27800 (USD(415)
Breakup of budget (amounts are in INR):
|Flight ticket (Bengaluru - New Delhi)||7500||2||15000|
|Airport transfer at Bengaluru||1000||2||2000|
|Airport transfer at New Delhi||500||2||1000|
|Accommodation at New Delhi||4000||2||8000|
|Local travel at New Delhi||150||3||450|
The acceptance of my submission for presentation has been received recently and hence I could not apply much earlier.
- Endorse: endorsing. I would like to see your abstract though and share your learnings with us and community members. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 08:17, 11 September 2016 (UTC)
- Thanks Tito. I have added the abstract and linked it in the first para of this page -- Pavanaja (talk) 08:30, 11 September 2016 (UTC)
- Endorse:I support this request. Dr Pavanaja is quite well versed with Kannada and Tulu languages. He has contributed a lot to these two language Wikipedias. His participation in this conference will be a boost to these languages. --Dhanalakshmi .K. T
- Endorse:It is my pleasure to endorse Dr Pavanaja U B, to FUEL GILT Conference 2016 grant. He is highly passionate about Indian language computing since 2-3 decades, so he is a source of inspiration for these language community member.--BHARATHESHA ALASANDEMAJALU (talk) 15:40, 11 September 2016 (UTC)
- Endorse Dr Pavanaja sir must attend FUEL GUILT Conference 2016, so I endorse Pavanaja sir to FUEL GUILT Confernece 2016 grant. He only the right person to support and work our tulu and kannada Wikipedia (Benet G. Amanna}
- I endorse Dr.Pavanaja's request. He as an active Wikipedian, a right person having good knowledge and hands of experience in the fields of Kannada, Tulu langauge computing. Vikas Hegde (talk) 07:08, 12 September 2016 (UTC)
- Endorsing request. His experience with Kannada & Tulu wikipedia is beneficial for community. --Teju2friends (talk) 17:08, 12 September 2016 (UTC)
- Endorse: I support to Dr Pavanaja U B, He must attend the conference 2016. He is right person to present TULU and KANNADA Language computing. his experience is beneficial for community. so, It is my pleasure to endorse Dr Pavanaja U B, to FUEL GILT Conference September 2016 grant. He is highly passionate about Indian language computing more than 3 decades, so he is a source of inspiration for these language community member.--Kishorekumarrai (talk) 03:54, 13 September 2016 (UTC)
- Endorse:I endorse for Dr.U.B. Pavanaja's request. He was one of the best promoters in Kannada, Tulu Wikipedia. We'd like to his Wikipedia classes.--Vishwanatha Badikana (talk) 04:58, 14 September 2016 (UTC).
- Endorse:It is my pleasure to endorse Dr Pavanaja U B, to FUEL GILT Conference 2016 grant. He is highly passionate about Tulu and kannada language computing so he is a source of these language.good work for wikipedia.--Lokesha kunchadka (talk) 03:48, 15 September 2016 (UTC)
- 888990 188.8.131.52 14:55, 17 September 2016 (UTC)