en.wikipedia, commons, wikidata, species, wikivoyage, meta, OSM
I was able to meet & reconnect with a variety of my peers & people who I consider to be mentors. In particular, I valued (re-)connecting Alex Stinson, Lydia Pintscher, Sandra Fauconnier, & Michael Peel. I also continued networking with Richard Knipel & Lane Rasberry of Wikimedia NYC.
I would be remiss if I did not mention the uniqueness of gathering in Esino Lario. Having lodging in a resident's home, eating at local cafés & restaurants, attending the Charity aperitif Passo dalla Quercia, & shopping at local stores gave me a chance to meet & talk with local residents, something that just does not happen as much in the usual conference venues.
- Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- I was able to share my conference experiences at the Seattle Wiknic 2016, WikiConference NA 2016, & the Seattle October 2016 meetup.
- What was one useful outcome of the event for the Wikimedia movement?
- I realized the the usefulness of putting citation data into Wikidata for the purpose of reuse. I attempted to replicate the French Wikipedia template Bibliographie into the English Wikipedia, but lacking the Lua skills, I was unable to complete the task, & fellow editors decided to delete the unused Template:Bibliography. Nevertheless, I did replicate a series of French Wikipedia modules into English Wikipedia, where I hope they will be useful. However, as an outcome, I have become aware of & have used the Cite q template. I was also able to reference the use of citation data & the French Bibliographie template in mypresentation at Wikiconference NA on Beyond the basics of citation templates.
- I received a partial scholarship, which paid for lodging, meals, & conference fees. I did not handle any money, & all was handled from the registration desk at Italia square.
Sleet outside of Primary School at Wikimania 2016, 2016-06-26
Sleet outside of Primary School at Wikimania 2016, 2016-06-26, version 2