Grants:TPS/Robert Radke/SMWCon Fall 2016
This Wikimedia Participation Support request was funded in the fiscal year 2014-15. A report is available.
As an active user of Semantic MediaWiki I want to show (live-demo) and discuss a graphical User Interface which is directly connected to the semantic propertys. As an example I will show how to organize the maintenance of a paper machine with the help of the graphical interface and Semantic MediaWiki.
Goal and expected impact
To have structured data within a Wiki can be used in many ways. This is an example to search such structured data via a graphic. The goal is to drive the attention of the participants to this quite impressing usecase. I want to show a user interface everyone can use intiutive. The user wont even recognize, that he uses a MediaWiki.
This will give the audience an idea what is really possible with this technology. Not only put some articles on the moon, but organize the flight there, too.
Additionally I want to visit the meeting of the MediaWiki steakholder group an give my input to it and may be I get some work to do.
- Travel: Berlin - Frankfurt/Main and back approx. 100,-
- Berlin - Frankfurt 28.09. 06:04 (price today - it changes every day): 19,-€
- Frankfurt - Berlin 30.04. 18:22 (price today - it changes every day): 59,90€
- local Underground: 2,80€ x 2 = 5,60€
- 2 nights Novum Hotel Imperial Frankfurt Messe (price today - it changes every day): 160,-€
- Participation fee
- [Early Bird] Regular — Conference (Early Bird tickets available until September 14th 2016): 140,-€
- Sum: 384,50€