Grants:TPS/Samir I. Sharbaty/Wikimania/2014/Report
Welcome back from Wikimania 2014!
Your username goes here User:Samir I. Sharbaty Your home wiki goes here Ar Wikipedia
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- Add a link here to a blog post or newsletter you wrote about your participation afterwards, or to a meet-up you organized to share your experience with your local community.
- Option 2: Learning Pattern: What is one useful learning pattern you can share with the Wikimedia movement?
- Add a link to a learning pattern - either a new pattern you created with insights from your participation, or an existing pattern to which you added your endorsement and some significant new "considerations" or “examples” from your experience.
- Option 3: New Creation: What was one useful outcome that was created at the event for the Wikimedia movement?
- Add a link to something new that was created as a result of your participation in this event (for example, you might link to a new tool that you and your co-participants worked on at the Hackathon, or to pages created in a workshop you participated in).
- New projects and collaborative came from my meetings with community members and WMF staff in Wikimania:
- We agreed on starting an Arab World conference in the next couple of month, WikiArabia.
- We have launched the WikiWomen collaborative in the Arab World with WikiWomen Prize.
- Organizing Wiki Loves Monuments 2014 in Egypt supported by the grant approved by the Wikimedia Foundation.
I was happy to see some people for the first time and to meet people I usually contact on the internet. In Wikimania 2014 I met Alex Wang and Anasuya Sengubta from the WMF for the first time, and met Sue Gardner the WMF ex executive director, as well as meeting Jimpo Wales for the first time. Also met a lot of friends from the Arab World, I have seen Bachounda my fellow editor from Algeria for the first time, Mo'men, Jack, Nada Albunni, and Raya Sharben, are all fellow Arab Wikipedians I saw for the first time in London.