Welcome back from Wikimania 2018!
- Option 3: New Creation: What was one useful outcome of the event for the Wikimedia movement?
- I drew additional attention to Wikimania from representatives of the Russian regional projects of the Wikimedia movement.
- I produced the video-greetings of Wikimedians of Russian Federation to Wikimania Cape Town participants. The video contains greetings in Russian, Erzyan, Lezgin, Bashkir, Tatar, and Yakut languages. It was shown on the second day of Wikimania, and on the third day it was shown in the lobby of the third floor of the Southern Sun Cape Sun Hotel.
- Together with colleagues, I quickly prepared a press release for the Russian media about awarding Farhad Fatkullin the title of "Wikimedian of the year".
I talked with Wikimania participants from different countries - South Africa, Nigeria, USA, Ukraine, Germany, Great Britain, Ireland, Slovakia, Sweden, Armenia, Nepal, India, Bangladesh, Poland, Spain, Chile, Colombia. We talked about the contests of articles on folklore, sports (football) etc.; attracting new users to Wikipedia (especially in small regional language sections), reducing the level of confrontation between users, so on.
- I had a partial scholarship to attend Wikimania 2018 in Cape Town, therefore, all documents related to conference registration fee and accommodations are at the Wikimedia Foundation.
Amount left over
- Video-greetings of Wikimedians of Russian Federation to Wikimania Cape Town participants.
- Wikimania 2018 by Oleg Abarnikov (Category at Commons) - I looked at photos that were already uploaded to Commons by other participants, so I uploaded the ones that seemed different to me. In addition, I uploaded several photos confirming my participation in various sessions.
- Due to the fact that my trip went far just Cape Town, and together with colleagues I also visited Dubai, Sharjah, Pretoria, Botswana, Johannesburg, so I plan to add many more photos from this trip to Commons in the future. Those photos will be placed in the category Photographs by Oleg Abarnikov taken 2018.