Grants:TPS/kwameghana/Phototrip to Begoro - Fanteakwa
This Wikimedia Participation Support request was funded in the fiscal year 2014-15. A report is available.
Goal and expected impact
With my participation in this phototrip, I will create the awareness that photographers in Ghana can also contribute their quota in terms images and videos to enrich contents related to Ghana.I will also make them aware of how the images they upload will be in their registered usernames which will count as part of their contributions. I will also show them how Wiki commons works so that a great number of them can upload their photos by themselves individually after the trip. Will make my email and my Whatsapp contacts available for them to contact me in case they face any challenges.
- Travel(round trip by bus from Accra to Begoro): USD 20.9
- Food and Drinks = USD 8.96
- Misc ( for any unforeseen cost) = USD 14.93
- DSRL Camera
- Wikimedia Foundation T-shirts and Souvenirs
- Wikimedia Branded BackPack
This is a day's event so there is no need for accommodation.
I would appreciate an advance disbursement in order for me to pay and get ready for the trip.
- I endorse this myself Kwameghana (talk) 11:16, 19 July 2015 (UTC)
- Kwameghana has made numerous contributions to Wikimedia Commons with new photography from what I believe to be an under-represented part of the world. They are also active in photo challenges and updating metadata on commons photography. This endorsement doesn't even speak to their contribution on other Wikimedia projects. I think the expense of this trip would go far to enrich the offerings of Ghana-related photography. Ckoerner (talk) 19:56, 30 July 2015 (UTC)